Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oooh, a memorial picture. I read this on Batoto and it said END as in final chapter? Weird. I don't think this is the finale or is it?
Mar 9, 2014 11:00 PM

Apr 2010
Stark700 said:
I read this on Batoto and it said END as in final chapter? Weird. I don't think this is the finale or is it?

Yeah, this was the final chapter. I guess it ends with a harem ending. It's still kinda of bad ending to end with.
Mar 9, 2014 11:07 PM

Nov 2010
Uhh. Kinda wanted to see him chasing down his kids on the beach. It was a good long run.

This might be the only harem series that had sex in it. Props for that.
Mar 10, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
Harem ending, good for everyone. Guess Rinne will join the group after she's passing the legal age :P
Mar 10, 2014 2:15 AM

Jun 2011
That was indeed a pretty shitty ending to a pretty shitty manga. Hope I will forget about this soon.
Mar 11, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Valefor said:
That was indeed a pretty shitty ending to a pretty shitty manga. Hope I will forget about this soon.

What? I loved this ending. You don't get a harem ending all the time y'know!

I've been reading this series for a good long while..I enjoyed it! Soyogi is still best girl!
8/10. See y'all in the next series!
Mar 11, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
So if 127 is the last chapter why does it go up to 135 on MAL?
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 11, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2008
lordzenchi said:
So if 127 is the last chapter why does it go up to 135 on MAL?

Because these are included in the chapter count: http://myanimelist.net/manga/4249/Umi_no_Misaki/moreinfo
Mar 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oooh, a memorial picture. I read this on Batoto and it said END as in final chapter? Weird. I don't think this is the finale or is it?

At the bottom of the last page it says "Owari", so that's all folks...

So there they go, screwing off into the sunset. In the long run it was a mediocre series, but at least it had the balls to let the MC screw his harem for all the readers.
Mar 15, 2014 6:36 AM
Nov 2010
Oh, finally this crap ends.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Mar 18, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2012
It started off pretty decent, 7/10. Midway through, it became a little bit silly to see him having sex with all the girls and stuff but it was still okay. Then came the part of the rising dragon festival... the build-up to the climax was simply put, a little bit too dragged out, and so was the climax... the climax kind of disappointed me to be honest, although I don't know what else I would have expected from it. The aftermath too was pretty drawn out but I'm glad it came to an end.

I give it 6/10 overall. Decent start, but went downhill all the way after the middle.
ClawViperApr 20, 2014 4:25 PM
Apr 14, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2012
Impatient Guy's translations were mostly made up nonsense, which is at least partially why the end is weak.
Nov 29, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2014
The journey was great, the destination... well, not as much. At least the aftermath was sweet.

It was decent. There's nothing I found particularly off-putting about this series (yeah they had sex, you're not 12 anymore I'm pretty sure you all can handle sex scenes), but I did find some parts a bit random, confusing, or uncalled for. Overall, a pretty good series. 9/10
Jan 17, 2015 11:07 PM

Apr 2008
To be honest, when I saw the '6 months later' and noticed that we only saw upper body shots, I thought for a moment that it was perhaps all three girls having expanded waistlines, which would be the surprise of the last panel. lol. That's usual the 'true end' in ero-games, no? :-p
Mar 1, 2015 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
I was happy with the ending, although I too rather expected that we'd either see babies on the way or a shot of a large family some years down the road. Since this was both pagan and poly I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rather a charming group too since each of the maidens brings her own strengths (and weaknesses) to the relationship while the Dragon God supports and loves them. Probably one of my favourite examples of what positive male energy is all about.

It would be interesting to see just what happens to the role of the maidens on the island now, since he has essentially reset the traditions by calling back the sacrifice and choosing to remain incarnated on the island itself. Shizuku's rebirth from the sea at Nagi's hands and his calling her back to life had a lot of symbolic elements incorporated as well. So as I indicated, it touched my pagan poly heart...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 14, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
I was glad its harem ending, he chose them all not a typical harem ending where the mc didn't choose .

CloudValkyrie said:
Harem ending, good for everyone. Guess Rinne will join the group after she's passing the legal age :P

Yah, she will surely join soon. =P

7.5/10
blessofcurseMar 28, 2015 8:44 PM
Aug 26, 2015 2:30 AM

Sep 2014
CloudValkyrie said:
blessofcurse said:
I was glad its harem ending, he chose them all not a typical harem ending where the mc didn't choose .

CloudValkyrie said:

Yah, she will surely join soon. =P

7.5/10

Yeah, not 100% sure but the snowman chapter gave me the idea that Rinne just may try to get him as well. I was disappointed that we never saw him tell the others that Rinne was the previous Dragon God's love.

I was bouncing between a score of 7 and 8, but I'm going to go with an 8 'cause it's so nice to actually see another, albeit rare, true harem ending. None of this open ended he gets with nobody crap.
CasyleNov 20, 2015 5:15 PM
Jan 7, 2016 12:59 AM

Dec 2014
6 months later and the 3 main girls are still not pregnant... Is the MC shooting blanks? XD

Oh well, a lovely Harem end. One of the few that i have read. :)
Jan 25, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
Solid 8/10 From me.
This was a fun ride.
It's good to see an actual harem where they have sex , and not just almost share kisses etc.
I kinda hoped we would see more side characters get developed like the girl who cooked for Soyogi or his classmates.
Glad we got an actual harem ending at least and not see anyone get hurt.
May 22, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
testamentKAISER said:
6 months later and the 3 main girls are still not pregnant... Is the MC shooting blanks? XD

I think he isn't there to be a sex hound lmao, those girls enjoy being with him and i wouldn't be surprised if the girls didn't mind never ever having sex again with him as long as he is with them. :>
ElusiveLightMay 23, 2016 2:59 PM
Apr 21, 2017 2:01 PM
Mar 2015
ElusiveLight said:
testamentKAISER said:

I think he isn't there to be a sex hound lmao, those girls enjoy being with him and i wouldn't be surprised if the girls didn't mind never ever having sex again with him as long as he is with them. :>

People seem be forgetting there is such a thing as birth control and condom use is very prevalent in Japan and also is a very low teen birth rate.
Jul 13, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
Any harem manga/anime need a harem ending like this one.
I told myself to read this a long time ago...finally able to finish it.
Man, it was so good and he gets all 3 of them unlike most harem, the MC got nothing, but cockblock.
Overall, 8/10
May 12, 2018 8:48 PM

Mar 2013
so-so ending for me. I wish there could have been more of Mike Scenes..
Mar 24, 2019 7:15 PM

Jun 2015
It was a bit of a strange manga overall but I enjoyed it. Pretty nice ending.
:)
Apr 20, 2019 1:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first 2/3 was a solid fun read. Then it got a tad too dramatic and including the loli was creepy and utterly unnecessary.
But kudos for actually having a true harem story and depicting kissing and sex, instead of stupid party shots and the like that are the course for ecchi manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 9, 2020 12:29 PM

Dec 2019
80% was really fun, the conclusion not so much, i was hoping that at least one of girls somehow sacrifice herself (the previous lover of dragon god was my personal type), also i'd like to see more development of side characters, some school life, school friends etc (from typical school life we'd seen how many? like 2 chapters at the beginning? and summer holiday til the end. c'mon.)

but overally great manga with really likeable characters, 8.5/10 (9/10)
Martin123154Jun 9, 2020 12:43 PM
Mar 26, 2021 6:33 PM
Feb 2019
I did not understand how the rite was supposed to go. Did the Dragon God and the chosen maiden supposed to die in the ocean ? How was Shizuku dying alone was supposed to resolve things ?

At a moment the narrator says "the Dragon God always save the maiden". So except for the first incarnation, each time the Dragon God saved the maiden before leaving the Island ? Does it mean that each time, the chosen maiden tried to die alone ?

Was I the only one who was shocked about that rite ? The manga did not give out any kind of "horror vibe" so it felt a little out of the place for me.
Mar 26, 2021 6:34 PM
Feb 2019
I did not understand how the rite was supposed to go. Did the Dragon God and the chosen maiden supposed to die in the ocean ? How was Shizuku dying alone was supposed to resolve things ?

At a moment the narrator says "the Dragon God always save the maiden". So except for the first incarnation, each time the Dragon God saved the maiden before leaving the Island ? Does it mean that each time, the chosed maiden tried to die alone ?

Was I the only one who was shocked about that rite ? The manga did not give out any kind of "horror vibe" so it felt a little out of the place for me.
Feb 20, 2022 7:24 PM

Sep 2014
The only ending that would make sense to me would be S.W.A.T. teams jumping in and shooting all the island cultilsts. Srsly isn't anyone upset by the fact that those elders just got away with everything, like they didn't even do anything wrong?!
Sep 11, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2021
This shit ends here and the overall experience was kinda meh for me
Dec 23, 2022 4:30 AM

Jun 2021
Oh boy, oh boy !! A harem manga where there were not only kisses, but sex as well ?! And to top it up, we are having a harem ending as well ?!!

Dayum, best in it's harem romcom genre. Well, even if the story was decent enough, last arc was, um.. good but not great, but atleast this MC wasn't any pussy. Yeah, he was just like other MCs, indecisive and passive. But you know, everyone can't be of Rentarou level.

Now I'm jumping into

9/10 series. Will reread sometimes in future !!

~ Weeboo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umi no Misaki Chapter 121 Discussion

Zhou - Oct 26, 2013

4 by Barrycade »»
Sep 11, 2022 11:41 AM

Poll: » Umi no Misaki Chapter 120 Discussion

Zhou - Oct 9, 2013

4 by Barrycade »»
Sep 11, 2022 11:30 AM

Poll: » Umi no Misaki Chapter 119 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 20, 2013

5 by Barrycade »»
Sep 11, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Umi no Misaki Chapter 118 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 8, 2013

7 by Barrycade »»
Sep 11, 2022 11:19 AM

Poll: » Umi no Misaki Chapter 116 Discussion

ClawViper - Jul 13, 2013

2 by Barrycade »»
Sep 11, 2022 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.