Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2016 9:09 AM
May 2016
I recently finished reading Nozoki ana and I honestly loved it. However, I have a question as to the ending of the manga (Chapter 117) and more specifically page 20, where Emiru reveals her last "selfish request" to Kido. She tells him that she only wants to "Indulge in continuing to watch you as I have" and subsequently adds "Why don't we start showing each other again and this time, it'll continue forever". It is obvious that Emiru has feelings for Kido and desires to stay with him forever, but I am confused as to how she wants their relationship to be: does she want to live in the same room with him and be a normal couple or does she only wish that each lives in their room and continue the peeping sessions without having any other relation...What do "continuing to watch you AS I HAVE" and "showing each other again" signify? Does she mean peeping? I really hoped they'd be a cute, normal couple (that doesn't rule out peeping, as long as it's not only that) and I hope I've misinterpreted Emiru's above quotes.

In brief, does Emiru only want herself and Kido to live separately and simply peep on each other or be a couple and have all kinds of interactions, such as going out together, kissing, and having sexual intercourses?

Thanks for your time!!!
Jun 10, 2016 3:53 AM
Jun 2016
Kostas0709 said:
I recently finished reading Nozoki ana and I honestly loved it. However, I have a question as to the ending of the manga (Chapter 117) and more specifically page 20, where Emiru reveals her last "selfish request" to Kido. She tells him that she only wants to "Indulge in continuing to watch you as I have" and subsequently adds "Why don't we start showing each other again and this time, it'll continue forever". It is obvious that Emiru has feelings for Kido and desires to stay with him forever, but I am confused as to how she wants their relationship to be: does she want to live in the same room with him and be a normal couple or does she only wish that each lives in their room and continue the peeping sessions without having any other relation...What do "continuing to watch you AS I HAVE" and "showing each other again" signify? Does she mean peeping? I really hoped they'd be a cute, normal couple (that doesn't rule out peeping, as long as it's not only that) and I hope I've misinterpreted Emiru's above quotes.

In brief, does Emiru only want herself and Kido to live separately and simply peep on each other or be a couple and have all kinds of interactions, such as going out together, kissing, and having sexual intercourses?

Thanks for your time!!!

Well I'd say that she wants to have the peeping relation that they had one year ago, just before she went away. We saw the "evolution" of the peeping when they were acting as a couple... So probably just like we saw at chapters 110 and following. I highly doubt that they'll stay in a separate room after having such a passionate love scene !
Jun 10, 2016 5:18 AM
May 2016
Well I'd say that she wants to have the peeping relation that they had one year ago, just before she went away. We saw the "evolution" of the peeping when they were acting as a couple... So probably just like we saw at chapters 110 and following. I highly doubt that they'll stay in a separate room after having such a passionate love scene ![/quote]

Well, yeah that's true... But still, Emiru says that she wants to continue watching Kido as she has, which basically is peeping... Or maybe she means that she wants to continue watching him, as in being with him and not losing him, just like she has for 2 years when they first met, although that relationship was forced on Kido by her. Anyway, I feel like I'm overanalysing things here... It's just that, in my opinion, Emiru should have said something more suitable and appropriate in the end, such as "I love you, Kido-kun" or "Let's stay like this forever".
Jul 5, 2016 8:36 AM
Jul 2016
I don't know how I feel about the ending, but it was amazing. 9/10. It would be a 10/10 if ended before she leaves.
I'm a bit confused about what does Emiru means by "keep showing themselves", I hope the Author wanted to say that she wants to keep showing her "true self" for him, because they're just meant to be together.

I didn't want to start reading this mangá because i thought it would be just another ecchi... but it made me laugh, angry, also cry...

I loved it.
Jul 31, 2016 4:33 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this story so much, I cried at the ending

The only thing I don't understand is why did Emiru choose to disappear for a year? Was it some kind of proof that Kido would still love her a year later after graduating and advancing with his life and meeting new people...?
Aug 12, 2016 7:46 AM
Dec 2015
I really liked kodaka!!! ): she was so committed to the relationship it's the one thing I hate about similar manga is the results are always predictable and don't feel like the smart/realistic decision that the main character should choose. Wish I was madoka! But I also like yuri but hated the fact she cheated on him although I knew she was. Overall amazing manga!
Sep 27, 2016 2:18 PM

Sep 2016
RightSaidFred said:
As requested, the difference in the translations:

hpulley:

""I was really selfish and I'm sorry. Selfish and alone. I... had hoped to be a normal girl, but not with stylish clothes and accessories, not having my spirit affected by praise, romantic words and expressions. I didn't want to be forever searching until it hurts for another you... so Kido kun..." she says with her hand coming up."

Japanzai:

""I'm sorry for having been so selfish. But I have just one more selfish request for you. Other girls all wish for fancy clothes and accessories, but for me, none of that matters. I don't need you to be suave...I don't need you to even be romantic with me. I only want to indulge in continuing to watch you as I have. If I can do that, I don't need anything else."

Thanks for the comparison. Reading both translations I think they really change the context of the moment. In hpulley's translation it says something like she left him because she wanted to find herself but she was so selfish and so alone that it was hurting her and was not prepared to wait too much to find another man (looks like she was looking for it) like Kido so she returned after a year as he told her because I suppose she loved him.

The second translation just says that she was selfish and wanted to continue to watch him as before without being romantic or something like that, because, again, I suppose she loved him. It didn't say too much frankly.

In my conclusion after the ch.116 it all happened so fast and normal that I didn't understand. She returned to him as if nothing and then the story ended. I was waiting for Kido to at least ask her why she left, where she was and what she did that whole year... my question would be if by saying "I only want to indulge in continuing to watch you as I have" Does she mean to continue peeping from her apartment? or living in the same room like a normal couple but of course with all the perverted tone they have? I suppose is the last thing but I ask just in case.

9/10 and now I'm going to read Nozomi x Kimio. Thanks
Everything in life has limits, but when you reach that limit, you realize that you can go beyond!
Oct 18, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2012
I liked their reunion and how Yoneyama and Makiko got together, waiting for a baby.

I like how Yuri sent them the letter, doing great in Italy, still thinking of Tatsuhiko in a way.

I like how Madoka has a new boyfriend (which I don't like but well) and how she's still thinking of Kido even when in relationship.

I like how Kido realized the time stopped for him instead, I can emphasize with him on that.

But... after all the build-up the way Emiru returned felt pretty mundane and uneventful to me, simply nothing special. What's more, she probably hasn't changed at all during her travels if she didn't gave up on her peeping habit. So although I'm quite glad for the happy-ending, it almost felt like her runaway was superfluous story part and the manga would certainly flow better without it.

Still, every previous chapter was just brilliant and I thoroughfully enjoyed this manga, and I'm not gonna condemn it just for one or two chapters (although it did lowered my score one point down). Relations, sex, twists, emotions, grief, break-ups and other normal interactions never felt so natural and exciting in any other manga I've read.

9/10 Satisfying relationships seinen manga that shows love troubles in all their bareness. I can certainly recommend it for sure.

Geocross said:
In my conclusion after the ch.116 it all happened so fast and normal that I didn't understand. She returned to him as if nothing and then the story ended. I was waiting for Kido to at least ask her why she left, where she was and what she did that whole year... my question would be if by saying "I only want to indulge in continuing to watch you as I have" Does she mean to continue peeping from her apartment? or living in the same room like a normal couple but of course with all the perverted tone they have? I suppose is the last thing but I ask just in case.

This. I had probably the same feeling after the end. Rereading the chapter I believe she was trying to tell him that she would be perfectly happy if she can be by his side from now on, that she needs no costly gifts or something but it also seems there was actually no reason for her leaving before as she could certainly say the same even without it. If the ending was actually better I would have certainly labeled this manga as masterpiece.
Oct 23, 2016 6:41 PM

Aug 2012
Whats even the point in waiting for Emiru whole year? Ehh.
Oct 31, 2016 4:16 AM

May 2009
FallIntoDespair said:
I really liked kodaka!!! ): she was so committed to the relationship it's the one thing I hate about similar manga is the results are always predictable and don't feel like the smart/realistic decision that the main character should choose. Wish I was madoka! But I also like yuri but hated the fact she cheated on him although I knew she was. Overall amazing manga!

I actually couldn't live with myself if I would've went on with Madoka, no matter how forgiving she tried to be. I would hate myself for lying to her, I would hate myself for what happend.

Though, I don't know if I had the resolve to just stay there, motionless and break up the way they broke up. I would've ended up hugging her and tell her everything's going to be fine which would end with me hating myself for it and destroying the relationship sooner or later anyways.

I felt really sorry for Madoka and I wish there was an alternative storyline where Kido ends up with her (without any issues). She was the only girl that didn't deserve what happend to her, especially with the problems she had building up that trust.
I don't see that she really moved on after that either. That "bye bye Kido" at the end was more like a "still thinking of you, trying to say goodbye now". At least that's how I take it.

Anyways... the conclusion and the overall ending (starting with the chapter where he found the farewell letter) was great. It was a satisfying ending. The manga is prolly one if not the best adult romance I've read so far.

Now I have to find another one to read *checks recommendations*
Nov 25, 2016 7:25 AM
Apr 2013
Great a happy ending! good to see everyone doing after 1 year :3

yoneyama x makiko :O well I'm kind of guessing they will be on the beginning but gave up and doesn't mind midway so they still ended up on each other in the end good good!
madoka, happy for her moving forward with her bf although i don't like seiji for her he seems to be a good guy and really love her so still nice :'D
Yuri!even though she's been hated a lot by others from the start, she is really a good person inside and good to see her changing dramatically and becoming a more likable character. Great to see her doing fine :D
Kido and emiru good for them being together again emiru new look is nice kinda have the mature aura thing XD and happy for kido the day his been waiting for finally arrive now stay together forver! :D

the extra!
gave me a final laugh cute and funny emiru ''well then lets meet again on nozoki ana 2 family edition then kido hit her XD wish i could see that family edition but my imagination would be the only way XD

this manga gave me a lot of different feeling and i lost count of how many times i got boner the story keep making me worried,curious,mad,angry or happy at a random time XD well over all i enjoyed reading this! :D
toshiro002Nov 25, 2016 7:35 AM
Dec 10, 2016 10:48 PM
Jul 2016
What happens to Ueda Rie anyway ? last time we seen her that she report the peep hole to Madoka and that's it she vanished without any conclusion on her characters ?
Dec 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Oct 2014
Pringer-x said:
What happens to Ueda Rie anyway ? last time we seen her that she report the peep hole to Madoka and that's it she vanished without any conclusion on her characters ?

exactly. maybe she hides in shame?
Jan 1, 2017 6:39 PM
Apr 2015
nice manga wish for anime adaption :)
Jan 6, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2012
I have to say, i liked he manga a lot at the beginning, but i started to dislike it towards the end.
The manga dragged too much with the peephole thing. Kido hated the hole, but was never smart enough to do anything about it. It was ok because in the beginning, but i thought he would deal with it better latter on, but the truth is that it never happened (well, it happened once with Madoka).

Kido is such a spineless protagonist, i could understand his worries in the beginning, but after a while and after Emiru saw him and his girl (any of them) naked a bunch of times he should have grow used to it, but he kept freaking out over it. The fact that he didn't tell Yoneyama about it felt more and more strange. There were no reason to keep it secret from it and in fact, in the begging it would have been better for Kido to tell Yoneyama because that would have helped him deal with Emiru (since Kido hated her). The story started to fell more and more dumber since the problem with the hole was never dealt with even though it was such a simple thing.

The last volume was such a drag. The hotel part was ridiculous, it was obvious that mangaka was just filling pages with the same things. Why the hell they would keep talking about stupid stuff while they were ready to have sex. They basically kept repeating themselves too and the whole "rule thing" was dumb.

Emiru going away for a year was just drama added for no good reason. It was really so it could be more dramatic towards the very end.

I liked how they showed most of the characters in the end, but they didn't show Rie and Mochitsuki and these two characters didn't have a conclusion. We don't know if they ended up together in the end or if Rie was able to overcome her jealousy problem.

I liked Yuri and Madoka. Even though Yuri was too timing and i think she was a good girl and Madoka was a really kind and nice girl. I couldn't like Emiru very much.

6/10 for the beginning and some other good moments. It was a good manga for a good amount of time, but i personally have to intention of ever reading another manga from Honna Wakou.

Kainemvhzc said:
nice manga wish for anime adaption :)

There is an ova already released in 2013.
KaeUBWJan 26, 2017 8:53 AM
I despise woke people.
Jan 26, 2017 1:14 AM
Apr 2010
Kaetokiha said:
I have to say, i liked he manga a lot at the beginning, but i started to dislike it towards the end.
The manga dragged too much with the peephole thing. Kido hated the hole, but was never smart enough to do anything about it. It was ok because in the beginning, but i thought he would deal with it better latter on, but the truth is that it never happened (well, it happened once with Madoka).

Kido is such a spineless protagonist, i could understand his worries in the beginning, but after a while and after Emiru saw him and his girl (any of them) naked a bunch of times he should have grow used to it, but he kept freaking out over it. The fact that he didn't tell Yoneyama about it felt more and more strange. There were no reason to keep it secret from it and in fact, in the begging it would have been better for Kido to tell Yoneyama because that would have helped him deal with Emiru (since Kido hated her). The story started to fell more and more dumber since the problem with the hole was never dealt with even though it was such a simple thing.

The last volume was such a drag. The hotel part was ridiculous, it was obvious that mangaka was just filling pages with the same things. Why the hell they would keep talking about stupid stuff while they were ready to have sex. They basically kept repeating themselves too and the whole "rule thing" was dumb.

Emiru going away for a year was just drama added for no good reason. It was really so it could be more dramatic towards the very end.

I liked how they showed most of the characters in the end, but they didn't show Rie and Mochitsuki and these two characters didn't have a conclusion. We don't know if they ended up together in the end or if Rie was able to overcome her jealousy problem.

I liked Yuri and Madoka. Even though Yuri was too timing and i think she was a good girl and Madoka was a really kind and nice girl. I couldn't like Emiru very much.

6/10 for the beginning and some other good moments. It was a good manga for a good amount of time, but i personally have to intention of ever reading another manga from Honna Wakou.

just binged this whole manga, and honestly I also had problems with how spinless he was especially in the Madoka arc. She was my favorite of all the girls in this and the way it ended with her was pretty shitty on the MC part. Not a big fan of Emiru i feel like she broke Kido more than she fixed him because he wouldnt have been in these situations if it wasnt for her repeating the same thing that her brother did to break her. Seems kinda sick to me, and not all the different from how Rei was pushed to break people up because of her parents divorce. Overall liked the manga as a whole but hated the main ship
Jan 26, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2012
Damn_Animal said:
Kaetokiha said:

just binged this whole manga, and honestly I also had problems with how spinless he was especially in the Madoka arc. She was my favorite of all the girls in this and the way it ended with her was pretty shitty on the MC part. Not a big fan of Emiru i feel like she broke Kido more than she fixed him because he wouldnt have been in these situations if it wasnt for her repeating the same thing that her brother did to break her. Seems kinda sick to me, and not all the different from how Rei was pushed to break people up because of her parents divorce. Overall liked the manga as a whole but hated the main ship

Yeah i agree. Kiddo problems were all caused by Emiru in the first place. All his worries were caused by that hole. The incident where those guys tried to frame him was because of Emiru too and Kiddo had already saved her from that guy so you can't really say she saved him there.

Kiddo only discovered about Yuri's boyfriend because of Emiru doing unnecessary things (but Kiddo was dumb too). I believe Yuri would eventually break with that guy and would be a faithful girlfriend (she showed that she grew uncomfortable with that situation).

Emiru caused way too much problems, but it was only possible because Kiddo was a stupid protagonist. The story was too forced a lot of times and Kiddo being spineless was the worst part.

Madoka was great, i wanted them to stay together, but i knew it was impossible from the beginning.
I despise woke people.
Feb 10, 2017 7:29 PM
Jan 2017
9.5 out of 10. I absolutely loved the series. It's amazing how stupid and absurd to think this kind of broken, sad and twisted fuck Emily could even exist in real life. Only the forced instances maybe were the fuck that how the hell is the MC able to get this hot hoes like he swallowed 3 2017 editions of bible blacks.

It would be awesome if after they got together they also got rid of the peep thing now that they have each other. Obviouly it was a lackluster ending but could have been better by them going out like normal people, and maybe even a proposal or a girlfriend/boyfriend thing.

Last thing I wanna get out in the open is how I absolutely adored Madoka, how crushed she was also broke my heart as well. She really loved that dumbass MC, but man, Kido is such a boneless fuck. The .5 is for the useless 116 scare that the mangaka gave to us. 116 could have even made to give the pair further resolution at the end.

I really thought it was a pointless smut stuff but it was pretty a rolling ball of feels. An awesome ride.
Jun 25, 2017 10:13 PM
Jun 2017
I'm still confused about the ending. She says ""showing each other" again" indicating that this is a repeat of another time of when she said it. Looked through top the manga and saw, "oh yeah, first chapter, she uses the word 'show'" so I'm kinda confused on whether they became a true couple or are not on a dating a dating basis. If they are dating, I'm satisfied af, but if their not together, and are instead reverted back to their peeping days, I'm genuinely thinking about jumping off a bridge, mainly because that's sick and cruel to end the ride at the same point where it started, basically a roller coaster to ni where, it's ridiculous, and I hope someone can give me substantial evidence that they do indeed become close as a relationship, rather than be distanced by the dammed peeping hole. Thanks for any replies!
Jun 25, 2017 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
Rilvo said:
Kostas0709 said:

Thanks for your time!!!

Well I'd say that she wants to have the peeping relation that they had one year ago, just before she went away. We saw the "evolution" of the peeping when they were acting as a couple... So probably just like we saw at chapters 110 and following. I highly doubt that they'll stay in a separate room after having such a passionate love scene !

After rereading the last volume several times, while also rereading the first chapter, I can haily confirm that the author was trying to convey this message of evolution of what their showing meant. Reading Chapter 109, page 8 shows that both Emiru and Kido both put "peeping" as it's own term and entity, and although Emiru used the terms "show each other" in chapter 1, we can indeed see this being a mistake by both translator and author, and we can see that the term "see" was indeed switched for peeping, as Kido never associates the word "shown" or "see" or "seen" when talking about the past, repetitively uses the word "peep" respectively for their actions in the past. This clearly indicates that the translation or the word "see" at the end of the manga suggests that they ended it on a newer note, being that they truly get together as a couple, rather than ending on a more somber note of the separate room status they had once before. Also something completely out of relation, but if you want some external evidence on whether or together in the end, is to look at the omakes at the end of each book, and notice how the interact. If they weren't together, they wouldn't be as comfortable if say, they only stayed as friends, I'm sure that although Kido says to ignore any events that occurred in omakes, that they actually can't be, because actors and actresses often have relations outside of their works, and I do believe thee two characters are indeed within relation, or so god help me.

Edit; also the emotions that Emiru spilled during their sex scenes at the last chapter definitely indicate a spark of a relationship, as no normal human can withstand not loving the one person they truly love, and that can be agreed on by both Emiru and Kido, as one put their patience for the other, while the other had no heart for any other.
Jul 16, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
And they finally get together <3

Well, that was a wild ride isn't it? They both went through so much and got closer to each other throughout the story. I feel like they had a fantastic chemistry together and i loved it. I think chemistry is the most important part in a romance story and nozoki ana did it perfectly. This manga had a lot of nice unexpected moments and lots of cliffhangers that made everything so interesting. Oh and Emiru is an awesome character and one of my top favorites. :3

My only complaint is that i think it was stupid of Emiru to leave kido for one year. Just why?? I understand her guilt for the trouble she caused him in the past but leaving him right after their relationship became official will only make things worse. That and the fact that i didn't really liked kido, he was kinda dumb sometimes

Overall i give it a solid 8,5/10.

After i finished the ova i knew i had to read the manga and i didn't regretted my decision at all. One of my favorite story and my first completed manga that will always have a special place in my heart. <3
Sup
Jul 22, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 2017
Since there're recent posts from 2017! I'd like to share my take on this...

This manga had one of the best stories I've ever read to this day.

I read through the whole manga in 3 days. It got a tad repetitive with all that sex imo (every girl trying to hook up with kido etc...), but the emotions felt genuine and I cared for the characters.

As puzzling and perplexing some things might have been; I was intrigued with how deep this manga went with the whole relationship business, and focused on trying to understand Emiru's reasoning behind the actions she took with Kido:

It was rather obvious that the 2 would end up together at some point, but whenever it got close to that, the spark abruptly died off between the two.
- The struggles the two endured: her caring for him "watching him" and him being rather always discombobulated; oblivious to many things, but mainly... them understanding the circumstances of their situation.

- Toward the end, I was expecting Emiru's half-brother to do something rather really perverted, but I was gently surprised with how much care someone not related by blood was able to show another. His peeping didn't come out as an act of perversion, but it introduced a strange new sense of caring. He done it to the point where he was willing to hurt or do things to himself in order to make others happy. Similarly how Emiru placed the whole blame on herself with Kido's 2nd gf; constantly and deliberately self-inflicting pain because she was in love with Kido from the beginning, but at the same time wanted him to be happy to the point where she would set up a date for him. Add to that, she gave me an impression that she purposely tried to reject Kido for his own sake because she saw herself as unfit. I guess you could use the scene when they found that paper letter in the peeping hole and Makiko said that "Emiru used her feelings" to seal herself off from only thing connecting Kido and her. She comes to understand that she will hurt Kido just like she ended up hurting her brother's fiance.

I got reeled into this story that at the end, after seeing those 2 ended up together pre-chapter 117, there was still some uneasiness. It didn't feel like a typical "i love you lets make up" and then *the end* conclusion. Although as much I disliked the excessive amount of sex in this manga, they revealed a different side of a character, and I myself didn't understand Emiru to the fullest extent until I was about half way through with the manga.

For a hentai, this manga showed a lot of the "dark" realities of life, entanglements and dilemmas.

Now to conclude:

As far as I could take it for what it was - the reality and experience of unveiling the 'true' of oneself or another is portrayed as a scary event, or simply looking at a heart's dark recesses. Not only does this (peeping) essentially cause Kido to better understand good/bad relationships but also consequently discover his own weaknesses. Additionally, by observing the 'other' side of Emiru, he develops a "special" bond as they mentioned in the manga. Only toward the end after he understands her feelings, he comes to understand why she 'treasured' and kept the hole opened and why in fact he became more subtle and accepting of it as Emiru's emotions showed.

To me, after trying to reject him and make him forget about her - the emotions she held so close to her finally took over. Kido recalled that he was hiding his emotions during their meet and was following down the wrong path again; he mustered the strength to show his resolve to her and confessed his feelings.

Wish the time skip was done better though but it was still great seeing all the characters mature. But in the end, I guess Emiru took that 1 year to herself because she felt that her time had stopped and that she didn't grow to become a wonderful person like Kido. Only after the ice "thawed " away from her heart was she able to put her past behind her and move on. She said that "time stopped" in the last 2 years for her. To grow and move forward... she needed to do it by herself without Kido, but she couldn't bare to ask him to wait for her.
Kido thankfully told her that he would give her a year. Either that or to never see her again.

If u took the story for granted, you're missing out. It wasn't perfect but the journey was amazing.
Never enjoyed a manga or anime story this much: Beautiful! 9/10.
YolopNov 19, 2017 7:13 PM
Sep 13, 2017 8:29 AM
Nov 2016
Truly an emotional rollercoaster. Honestly, I've never felt so many emotions from one piece of media in my life. ;_;

Mar 7, 2018 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
I overall liked the manga but the first half was a lot better than the second. The MC was kinda annoying and stupid throughout the whole thing and even tho the overall ending and plot was predictable I feel like the ending was kinda generic and meh
Oct 28, 2018 1:36 PM

Dec 2016
Yeah this was a roller coaster of emotions lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 26, 2019 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
MC was so annoying in the latter half. The ending was pretty nice though.
:)
Feb 24, 2019 5:42 AM

Aug 2011
Overall a rather wholesome ending. I still don't appreciate the contrived melodrama that was shoved in last second at the end of 116, but that seems to be a theme with Japanese romance manga.

I was a bit surprised to see Yane and Makiko together, and it was good to see she was expecting.

Yuri and Madoka had nice closure to their storylines, and they still think of Kido in their own special ways.

Shirou and Rie never showed up in the manga again, and I can honestly say: good riddance.

The last scene between Emiru and Kido felt a bit anticlimatic, but still rather heartwarming.

I'd totally read a Nozoki Ana 2 by the way.

9/10 a flawed series, but still an excellent one. Would recommend for anyone who enjoys romance.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Apr 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Aug 2008
Ehhh was alright. Considering what the manga series is you'd think that drawing the sensual scenes would have been more engaging but they weren't really. Supporting characters were too flat to be interesting either, spent so much time at the usual disappointing sex scenes that there was no leftover time for them.

To me the manga should have ended at Chap 106 though with the kiss. The time at the hotel was fine but the final two chapters were a bit irritating. Emiru disappearing for a year just felt like very forced last minute drama that extended the relationship question for no reason. Ehhh.

6/10
Apr 2, 2019 7:12 PM
Jun 2016
I don't understand the significance of Emiru disappearing though. Everything was fine until that. Also, MC should've stuck with Madoka.
May 28, 2019 1:01 AM

Feb 2013
It was pretty good....it's nice when a porn has a good story lol. But kidding aside it was good. 7/10
Jun 11, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2017
shitty last few chapters.
She was acamedically neither poor nor she choose a college of her disliking after the incident.The 1 year thingy was just a basic quite frequent cop outs in such mangas.
well overall okay in my book i guess.
5/10
bakakisimaJun 11, 2019 7:08 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
Wow that was pretty great. I honestly came for ecchi but I ended up getting more than that. Weird that it ended without them having sex
Sep 6, 2019 5:14 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly I like this series more than I was expecting. It’s really nice.
Dec 3, 2019 8:39 PM
Apr 2019
I understand why Emiru wants to go wander around. In those 2 years, Emiru only socialize with Kido the most. Yeah there’s 2 guy that approach her, but only lust for her body. The second guy, Takahata could be a decent guy, but too bad when he is being seduced, he lost control of reason easily. Emiru doesn’t really experience “normal girl” in those 2 years.
Emiru is a woman that hold true to her words. That’s why she will fulfill her own word no matter what even though it’s seems against her own will at times. Thankfully Kido understand that and giving time limit 1 year for her to wander.

I can already IMAGINE what happened to her during that 1 year. Like she said in the last chapter, she is experiencing a “normal girl”. She met many girls that fashionable with good accessories. She also met some guys that trying to look cool and be romantic to seduce her. Kiss with them? No way, maybe a sudden kiss could be possible, and of course will be slapped by Emiru after that. Did she sleep with them? I don’t think so. She always said that she was WET ONLY with Kido and I don’t think she was that cheap to have meaningless sex like that. So basically if she wants sex, she need to find another Kido and if she miraculously find another him, she wouldn’t be back to Kido, right? Beside she already survive by masturbating in those 2 year. LOL. 1 year was nothing compare to that.

I wish Emiru’s brown hair could be shown in the manga. At first I thought she was blonde, since her hair is white in the manga panel. That’s just my nitpick. I don’t really scare when I read chapter 116, since I already saw chapter 117 by accident. I’m a bit scared when I’m reading chapter 97. I thought it was Emiru at first because her hair color.

Also I wish there’s more Emiru sex scene, and I wanna see Rie face when she sees Kido and Emiru together again.
Feb 25, 2020 10:25 PM
Feb 2020
pretty garbage ending

116 and 117 were terrible

would be 8/10 but that ending sucked ... 7/10 (omake made up for it a bit I guess, love those)

idk what's with these mangas, always shit ending

overall thoughts:

- MC kinda sucked for 3/4 of the manga, Emiru carried this manga pretty hard
- ending sucks
- very spicy parts, some feel trains
- i enjoyed it mostly (the .5 chapters were nice)
dumbocowFeb 25, 2020 10:30 PM
Jul 17, 2020 12:09 AM
Jul 2020
I would have loved it if there was a friendly connection between kido and madoka like between kido and yuri. That part stings my heart. I wonder if someone can tell something nice about their future relationship as friends to calm down my heart....
Jul 29, 2020 10:32 PM
Apr 2018
Cheers for EMIRU x TATSUHIKO.

Extra chapters are sure a treat.

Thank You :)
Aug 26, 2020 7:13 AM
May 2020
I read this because Gigguk said to and I now understand why he liked it so much, what a ride. For most of the manga I didn't really like Kido and didn't understand what was going on i Emiru's head but in the endI did end up really rooting for them to get together but I feel really bad for Madoka. But this was really enjoyable and who knows, maybe one day Gigguk will recommend something which doesn't have the line "not blood related" in it.
Aug 26, 2020 12:04 PM
Apr 2019
KingoftheJungle_ said:
I read this because Gigguk said to and I now understand why he liked it so much, what a ride. For most of the manga I didn't really like Kido and didn't understand what was going on i Emiru's head but in the endI did end up really rooting for them to get together but I feel really bad for Madoka. But this was really enjoyable and who knows, maybe one day Gigguk will recommend something which doesn't have the line "not blood related" in it.

It was the same for me. After watching Gigguks video it peeked my interest (pun intended) and I ended up reading all 117 chapters in two days. That second to last chapter when Emiru left Kido I was confused and angry at her. However once I finished the last chapter I had forgiven her because I'm sure she needed the year to sort out all the feelings she had. Overall I gave the story a 9 and am intrested in reading the mangakas other works.
May 16, 2021 5:47 PM
Apr 2021
Zach21lyon said:
KingoftheJungle_ said:

It was the same for me. After watching Gigguks video it peeked my interest (pun intended) and I ended up reading all 117 chapters in two days. That second to last chapter when Emiru left Kido I was confused and angry at her. However once I finished the last chapter I had forgiven her because I'm sure she needed the year to sort out all the feelings she had. Overall I gave the story a 9 and am intrested in reading the mangakas other works.

I agree I felt that her 1 year break with Kido was a very mature move, since it also showed that she needed sum stuff to sort out as she was never in the right state from the beginning. I was happy that was the end rather than getting the normal okay we're lovers now forever and ever. Overall I loved the manga, also with the spinoff of nozo x kimi while the same Nozoki ana is more mature with its themes and messages compared to Nozo X.
Jun 20, 2021 3:48 PM
May 2020
I feel like crying, the ending was so good ī>ī
Jul 20, 2021 6:19 AM
Mar 2020
So she left for a year to finish her thesis and prove herself. i see now. its for the best. Just to prove that even when they far apart, they still loved each other
Aug 11, 2021 3:08 AM

Feb 2018
I finished this manga by spending 3 days, even more and I only got this? this isn't bad, it ends up being what most people want so 6/10
Jun 17, 2022 6:01 AM

Dec 2021
my heart still hurts from the previous chapter lowkey ....

I gotta thank Gigguk .. and at the same time I almost wanna shoot a middle finger at Gigguk for putting me through such an emotional ride .

The mains ended up together .. happily ever after

Makiko came back to the str8 side .. her and Yome hooked up , now expecting a kid

too Yuri .. hopefully you find another simp along your hoe adventures ... Kido's taken

and its still Fuck Sinji

thank you Nozoki Ana .. you were the first high-quality trash taste NTR manga I've read with many more to come ;)
Jul 20, 2022 5:38 PM
Aug 2021
MADOKA-SAN DIDN'T DESERVE WHAT HAPPENED TO HER!!!
Sep 19, 2022 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
Ngl, I would've preferred it if it had ended with chapter 116, that one was great. If you take away the weird nature of their relationship it was a rather clichéd ending. Still cute overall and deeply emotional, especially for such a raunchy manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2023 7:10 AM
Mar 2022
Final finished this now that I this i was a little confused why it isnt ranked? cause its a ecchi?
Jul 15, 2023 6:48 PM
Oct 2020
It was a bit heartbreaking to see Madoka again, but it seems she ended up with that guy. It's good that she's happy I guess. She didn't deserve what happened to her at all.

Pretty good ending. Glad it didn't turn into a sad ending where Emiru never returned.
Aug 7, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2023
cadfa adasdf adsafsdfa
Nov 2, 2023 6:35 PM
Oct 2023
I can now say I watched this for plot
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 70 Discussion

Explicitz - Dec 26, 2011

19 by Ssnowyy »»
Mar 16, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 97 Discussion

writtenonclouds - Oct 7, 2012

36 by YankataY »»
Mar 4, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 96 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 30, 2012

34 by YankataY »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 95 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 23, 2012

23 by YankataY »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 94 Discussion

Potatoboy27 - Sep 16, 2012

32 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.