Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Hakumen no Mono is so badass, he doesn't care what he attacks in front of him. Such power as well!

I love the fight this episode because even though Ushio knows he doesn't stand a chance, he still goes for an all out attack. And it made it worse that Hakumen no Mono wasn't just his only enemy. I'm glad they kept some of the content uncensored (probably will be more violent in BDs). Bet the VA really enjoyed playing Hakumen's role. The OST was very nice too. Seriously, Ushio got pushed over the edge of despair, wow.

Stark700May 13, 2016 7:52 AM
May 13, 2016 7:21 AM
Mar 2015
Hakumen no Mono = Dark Lord of the Sith.
Ushio had been fallen to the dark side by Hakumen.
May 13, 2016 8:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I don't even know what to say about this tragic episode
May 13, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
No more wasting time. It's the right moment Hakumen emerges from the sea, it got national (or even international) broadcasted.
Right after Ushio calmed down, Hakumen bringing about Nagare. And there goes Ushio with his more and more rage ever than before.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 13, 2016 8:39 AM
Apr 2014
Dang the incarnation of smug is doing some work.
The title for this episode spoiled the cliffhanger at the end.
Next episode is titled Tora so I assume we're finally gonna know who he was before becoming a yokai.
May 13, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2016
Hakumen is so badass *-* my pants can't take it more... the hype level is over 90000 for me *o*
May 13, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2016
Good ep i rly like the ost
May 13, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2015
This ep had the strongest action till now, telling us how high the staked really are.
Still half the season left and so much more to come...
May 13, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
EPPPIIIIICCC, this series needs more love.
Hakumen no Mono is a fucking beeeeaaassstttt
Ushio in ultimate goddamn despair jesus!
We all know ritsuko (think thats her name) and the dad are still alive, they wouldn't. be killed off like that without even showing them.
Man Hakumen was absolutely loving the camera action, the thing how he gets power from all of their fear is just omg

Love this show so much.
"There comes a time.... when a real man must stay and fight.... When a true friend's dream... is laughed at by someone.... Luffy is not dead, he's going to be the Pirate King someday I know he will!!!..... and that is one thing I will never let you laugh at! NEVER!" ~Usopp
May 13, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
YOOO This was amazing. I honestly cringed at how annoying Ushio was in some parts I want to eat ur miso soup WTF but I really can't blame him much. He's getting mindfucked from so many ways in this little frame of time it's insane. And the art on his faces were epic asf

But ofc as usual Hakumen takes the friggin CAKE!!! LOVE THIS VILLAIN so much!!! It's insane how malicious every single screen shot of it looks O_o
May 13, 2016 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
Cliche things like Ushio's mother slapping him are still so freaking good.

Hakumen brought his tail down onto Ushio and that EPIC music was playing I just kept saying "HOLY SHIT!!!!!" So good.

Great episode, I though Ushio would react more to Nagare getting killed but I guess his hatred for Hakumen masked his Hater for Tora.

Speaking of Tora...Next Weeks episode "Tora" Why do I have a feeling he might get killed T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 13, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
Tokoya said:
I don't even know what to say about this tragic episode

Could mention how awesome it was :D

I am totally digging this season..

5/5
May 13, 2016 10:14 AM
May 2010
The episode title should be named despair, Zetsubou sensei would have e field day reacting to this episode

It's been a while since I watch a total despair episode like this, remind of the end of Berserk golden age
May 13, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode of the series
May 13, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
We've been hyped about Hakumen since season 1 and he's truly delivered.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 13, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
thank god this series is back on track these past 2 episodes, im just gonna pretend episode 5 was some weird fever dream of horrible writing

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 13, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
And this just shows us how much of a serious player the Hakumen is. Not only blows an island in an instant for mere glee, but also revives his other avatars (and we get a revelation that Ayakashi is part of him too, not to mention that according to wikipedia this series skipped a mist demon, it can be barely seen as a cloudy face close to towako and in the ending too).

Finally some real ounce of NORMAL humanity in Ushio. Instead of being the goody-shoes that he has been all the time, brave and ready to fight. We finally see him as he should be, a weak, insecure, vulnerable kid. Ok, he sucks in this state, but watching him being realistic for a change is GOOD, and the beating he got from the Hakumen was even better, may that lodge the screws up in your head and mature as you should.

I doubt the priests are dead, neither the other yokai, but with the spear broken it is little what they can do. The next episode is gonna be Tora based, and strong as he may be, I doubt he may be able to even defeat any of the Avatars now, heck even Towako is colossal in size o_O

And we're gonna have like 6 episodes more of this? If so the Hakumen is proportionally speaking one of the toughest Final Bosses of all japanese media, with basically almost 1/4 dedicated exclusively to defeat it.
May 13, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
This was definitely the best episode of both seasons so far. Just seeing the hopelessness of Ushio and the rest of humanity as they shit their pants at the sight of Hakumen really shows how formidable he is.

I highly doubt Asako and the priests are dead, but Hakumen's actions are really making Ushio lose his freakin mind, and I'm sure that's all that sadistic monster cares about. The end of the episode wasn't a surprise since it was in the title, but next episode might actually provide some backstory about Tora.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
Damn Ushio hella fucked up. Man, every time a character gives in to rage, they get fucked up. Hopefully they can do something about it
May 13, 2016 12:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ushio gone completely Vader here. Generally the slap works very well in most anime/manga, but here it completely backfired. Instead of snapping out of it, he went deeper down the hole.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 13, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
holy shit he blew a whole island as soon as he appears the dude is not messing around and Ushio lost it again and went into rage mode but the spear was broken crap
May 13, 2016 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
Not a bad episode, but the animation budget disappeared totally. This is like reading a manga instead of watching an anime, particularly as far as the Hakumen goes.
May 13, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
That epic ost when the beast spear broke.

Now that the beast spear is gone, I am just guessing a new and stronger spear will be created.

It has been implied that you can't fight Hakumen with hatred. If the beast spear is forged with hatred, the new holy spear(?) will be forged through the hopes and believes of everyone.

Although I wonder how do they even get to that point within this state of hopeless despair.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 13, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2011
Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm so excited like a little school girl! Damn, that was one super tense episode. I was literally holding my breath for the most part of this episode.
Really now, I'm supposed to wait till next week? They expect me to wait that long? Do I have enough self control to do that!?

.....well I guess that if I don't spoil myself with the manga by day's end, I'll probably wait till next week.

Favorite scene was when Ushiro's mother slapped him and his reaction there after. Personally I believe she should of hugged him instead of slap him....ah well.

Really want to see how these next 5 episodes will go.
May 13, 2016 1:52 PM
Oct 2013
aw man this episode was super frustrating with freaking ushio just panicking and getting super pissed. still tho you gotta hand it to hakumen. you know a villain is good when you cant wait to see them get rekt.
May 13, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
Ushio turned into a such huge whiny little bitch, to the point I wanted to punch him in the nads repeatedly, because he doesn't deserve to have them. I know he loves his mother and all after thinking she was dead his whole life, but as soon as he saw her alive; he denounced literally everything--it was like everything he has fought for was for naught, and his love for Asako was worth little more than the shit I took before watching this. Of course, he only remembers his family and friends after the fact, because he's too blind to grasp the situation he's in.

I hope he grows a new pair in the next episode, because this was the worst one ever.
Estoy_GordoMay 13, 2016 3:03 PM
May 13, 2016 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
Ushio had a complete mental breakdown in this episode. Man, that was tough to watch. Hakumen no Mono is terrifying.
May 13, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
The episode title definitely spoiled this for me though, I was just waiting for when the spear would break.

But man, Ushio's seiyuu is very good, really can feel the pain in his voice.
May 13, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
Holy fucking shit Hakumen no Mono is too op plz nerf

Beast spear got raped by Hakumen

I wonder how Ushio is going to fight now

May 13, 2016 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
The Hakumen was a fucking savage in this episode. All the build up episodes about it were not in vain. I doubt it killed the monks, the monsters and Asako, but he really made Ushio lost his sanity (and everyone else lost their shit).

I felt bad for Ushio in this episode. He was stupid, no doubt, but in his situation, it's understandable he ended up hating the Hakumen. The reveal about Nagare's death and Tora's action didn't helped at all too. And now the Beast spear is destroyed (too bad the episode title already revealed that).

Wondering what will happen the next week. Maybe Tora's past will be revealed?
May 13, 2016 7:40 PM
Dec 2015
dbaranyi said:
Not a bad episode, but the animation budget disappeared totally. This is like reading a manga instead of watching an anime, particularly as far as the Hakumen goes.

THIS.

Not just this episode, but all the entire 2 seasons. Most of the action scenes were just like a sequence of animated gifs. As a manga reader, sometimes I felt that the manga gave me even better feeling of "action" virtually. Last season when this was aired at the same time with One Punch Man, the difference was very obvious :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 13, 2016 7:54 PM
Dec 2015
The journalist on the chopper was originally a recurring character in manga. He connected all the small news reports of some weird accidents, and eventually found out the existence of Ushio and Tora and youkai. He came to this place on purpose, knowing that Hakumen might be freed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
May 13, 2016 8:22 PM
Dec 2014
I Fucking hate Hakuman so Much and this the first Time I hated a antagonist Since Frieza Hakuman is True Evil that must be destroy an Evil Piece of shit to the core. And I like that I hate him :) This anime has been really good and gets a thumps up from me.
May 13, 2016 8:25 PM

May 2014
This episode was amazing easily the best one the series has had so far. Everything including the cliches were handled brilliantly. I thought that Hakumen would be a push over but he's the best villain of the season so far by a long shot. I've never been so hyped with Ushio to Tora, can't wait till next week. I wasn't expecting this anime to be so good when it first started airing last summer, heck I there were times when I put it on hold due to some of the more boring episodes (Not saying they were bad). How is this amazing fight going to conclude?
May 13, 2016 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
I felt like the ending with the beast spear breaking sucked. Hakumen did nothing and because Ushio was angry, the spear doesn't work anymore? Thats that ichigo vs zeraki bs when ichigo tried to cut zeraki and nothing happened. ~Weapons no longer work if the user is feeling some type of way~
May 13, 2016 11:23 PM

Aug 2015
I...
Holy crap.
How the heck... This is so intense.

The tension and devastation just keeps growing. There's no way to have a happy ending at this rate
There's still 6 episodes to go. How can this keep going. More and more. Sadness.

I can only hope that there's some sort of time travel "undo" button to save the day somehow..
May 13, 2016 11:45 PM
May 14, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2015
I've read the manga years ago but I've got to say I'm very surprised at how well the anime actually portrayed Hakumen. The animators actually managed to pull out the creep and evil factor of Hakumen from the manga and adapted it into the anime.
May 14, 2016 6:14 AM

Jan 2011
The anime really captures the utter despair here. Hakumen pulling out his avatars, minus the mist monster since the anime cut that arc.

Next episode, the backstory we've all been waiting for.
May 14, 2016 9:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, that was intense af.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 14, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2015
HOLY SHIT. Hakumen is a savage. Blowing away a island like it was nothing.
This episode really was intense watching Ushio just break down like that, and then the beast spear being destroyed at the end. The situation really is hopeless right now.

May 14, 2016 5:28 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, this was on some intense shit, Hakumen really is scary. Kind of annoyed that Nagare was so relevant because his character really pisses me off. And damn, Hakumen's naked avatar chick is now a giantess too.
Jaywalker.
May 14, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2015
This series never fails to get me hyped the hell up. Hakumen is just so evil that it's wonderful. Basically dismantles one of the giant Youkai mechas, blasts an entire island in a second, causes Japan to start sinking into the goddamned sea, and psychologically broke Ushio and physically the Beast Spear, while dividing Ushio and Tora up with the issue of Nagare.

We gotta be getting close to the "comeback" episode. Although, I'd personally totally be fine with a couple of episodes of Hakumen no Mono just destroying Japan. Also Ushio's mom still better not die. Let the kid eat some goddamned miso soup already.
May 15, 2016 12:08 AM

Aug 2008
High tension all around. Nice.
May 15, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2014
One of the best Ushio to Tora episodes to date..the tension in it was off the charts.

I have no idea how on earth are they supposed to win now against Hakumen now that the Beast Spear is destroyed.
May 15, 2016 8:55 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This series is becoming better and better imo. Hakumen no Mono really gives me chills. How are they gonna win without the spear though.

5/5
May 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
phewwwwww, that was tense!

The wait for the next episode is gonna be cruel
May 15, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, for once the monster didn't die in one hit. Hakumen no Mono is so powerful, he broke the spear so easily.
I wonder how Ushio will fight without the spear. I need to watch the next episode !
May 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2012
Honestly, since we're only half way, this was seen a mile away. But why the hell do they have to make Ushio into such an annoying piece of shit? I get that it's to show that he's human too. But just from his attitude in this episode alone almost made me want to drop the anime. I seriously wanted to rip his balls off and shove them down his throat. Jfc.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
May 16, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2008
AthrunZ29 said:
Honestly, since we're only half way, this was seen a mile away. But why the hell do they have to make Ushio into such an annoying piece of shit? I get that it's to show that he's human too. But just from his attitude in this episode alone almost made me want to drop the anime. I seriously wanted to rip his balls off and shove them down his throat. Jfc.

Because he is a middle school kid whose life turned to shit and Hakumen used that to mentally break him.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.