Forum Settings
Forums

Multimedia Project 'Magic★Kyun! Renaissance' Gets TV Anime

New
May 14, 2016 10:36 AM

Mar 2013
The official website of the multimedia project Magic★Kyun! Renaissance has announced that it will get TV anime.

Synopsis
In the world where magic is considered as art, there are students, who learn magic as art, known as Artistar. They attend the Private Hoshinomori Mahou Geijutsu High School. Not only has Kohana Aigasaki transferred to this school, where transfer students are rare, but she has also been appointed to be in charge of the Hoshinomori Summer Festa, as part of the school festival executive committee. These events happen immediately after the transfer with the six future “entertainers". It’s a school life where Kohana Aigasaki spends time planning for the Hoshinomori Summer Festa and aims to become the Artistar Princess!

Cast
Teika Ichijouji: Yuuichirou Umehara (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!)
Aoi Suminomiiya: KENN (Uchuu Kyoudai)
Rintarou Tatewaki: Yuuki Ono (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
Louis Anjou: Wataru Hatano (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
Mone Tsukushi: Shouta Aoi (Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000%)
Kanato Hibiki: Takuya Eguchi (Nijiiro Days)

Staff
Original Creator: Hajime Yatate
Director: Mitsue Yamazaki (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)
Script: Tomoko Konparu (Kamigami no Asobi)
Original Character Design: Kairi Yura (Neo Angelique Abyss)
Character Design: Kumi Ishii (Brothers Conflict)
Studio: Sunrise

Announcement

Source: Official site

Magic★Kyun! Renaissance on MAL
arsonalMay 16, 2016 10:36 PM
May 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2008
Well if that wasn't expected...
Neither do I like the chara design, nor the cast, nor do I find the characters appealing (yet), but I liked how they handle the heroine in the first PV. Most series (as in for a female audience) show too much of the heroine despite the guys being the selling point imo... So I do hope it goes well (for Broccoli, too, since they need something after UtaPri already), but I doubt it'll be very popular... Although I do like the idea with the short anime.
May 14, 2016 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
The premise reminds me of something very similar.

Sunrise as studio, not sure how I feel about that for this type of series.
May 14, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2008
Looks so generic, but these types of shows are my guilty pleasure so i'll probably end up watching it anyway x)
May 14, 2016 11:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh nice, another one of those.

Time to get another ticket to the nope train.
DatRandomDudeMay 14, 2016 11:09 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 14, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 2010
More bishies, good. Need more bishies. I knew this would get an anime at some point but not this quickly. I LOVE the character designs and the animation is good in those PVs so I'm looking forward to this~
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 14, 2016 11:18 AM

Nov 2012
i'm going to watch it for sure, i just hope it'll be good.
May 14, 2016 11:29 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The director, Mitsue Yamazaki (known for Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun) is missing from the project staff list.

Note: The PV posted above is region locked in the US only. Here's an alternative link.

May 14, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
Yesssss!! Looking forward to it~!
I remember seeing the preview for the game and melted haha xD Now they're coming to life wooooo!!
May 14, 2016 1:32 PM
May 2007
TV anime is happening omg. Who is my type so difficult I can't.
May 14, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2014
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
More bishonen stuff.
We need more real guys with bara bodies :p
Guess All out! is helping with that doe

May 14, 2016 4:18 PM
Feb 2015
I'm super hype for this it definitely makes me happy Japan is making more reverse harems as of lately ^^ I don't have one single complain it has beautiful animation and very attractive guys plus Takuya Eguchi is on the seiyuu cast yasssss yasss yassss I get to hear his sexy voice once again <3

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShockedMay 14, 2016 4:49 PM
May 14, 2016 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
I was excited until I seen a girl there and all I can think about was the travesty of the third season of Utapri. There haven't been any good reverse harems for a while, but I will still check this out.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 14, 2016 7:11 PM

May 2008
I was watching the PV of this sometime ago
and i'm like "wow i hope this gets anime"

thank you @/god for granting my wish
May 15, 2016 3:52 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the girl in this PV. She seems to be an energetic and optimistic young girl, and not like the stereotypical reverse harem protagonist that I end up liking for some reason. I liked the guys too, of course, but I enjoyed looking at the girl the most.

I will watch this in hopes that she doesn't become the stereotypical reverse harem protagonist that I end up liking for some reason.
May 15, 2016 6:42 AM
Mar 2014
When it comes to anime, straight girls are really easy to please...
May 15, 2016 7:31 AM
Mar 2010
Max said:

Maybe it's because we don't get enough reverse harem anime compared to the mountain of harem anime aimed at males. xD We'll take anything!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 15, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
whoaa...i thought Hinata Shoyo was there, they really look alike XD

May 15, 2016 8:18 AM
Mar 2014
phoenixalia said:
Max said:

Maybe it's because we don't get enough reverse harem anime compared to the mountain of harem anime aimed at males. xD We'll take anything!

Totally understandable. Since I'm a bit tired of both, I felt the need to crack a joke. No hard feelings.
May 15, 2016 8:29 AM
Mar 2010
Max said:
phoenixalia said:

Totally understandable. Since I'm a bit tired of both, I felt the need to crack a joke. No hard feelings.

Nah, no problem. If I had to be honest, I don't like how most reverse harem anime I watch end. Norn9 was...ugh.
May 15, 2016 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
Am I the only one who found APH France in the middle of the boys??
May 15, 2016 4:07 PM
Jun 2015
Although it was good news for us, I just hope it will be a good tv anime series just like Norn9 did. On top of that, I just hope Kohana can be with Teika, too ( The brown-haired guy). But we will wait and see after the game will be released on September 21.
SakurashoujoMay 15, 2016 4:11 PM
May 16, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
Yey!!! That cast, I'm in!!!!
Sakana-san said:

Original Character Design: Kairi Yura (Neo Angelique Abyss)
Character Design: Kumi Ishii (Brothers Conflict

Interesting , I like both as their own and them fused is even prettier. Looking forward to watching this when it comes own. Definitely on my PTW.

soo sad. Broccoli is so mean to US... can't watch the PV. DX
May 16, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, I saw the PV for this when it first came out xD Really loving the cast and art!

Looking forward to the Anime.
May 17, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2015
Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

Maybe because this is originally from Broccoli, who also created Utapri? xD If nothing else, this should be right up their alley.

Loving the cast and art actually (the art in the first post's picture reminds me of late 90s shoujo art), will definitely check out when it comes out. And this got an anime more quickly than I expected...
ArdanazMay 19, 2016 12:27 PM

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
41 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.