Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious' Adds Cast Members

New
May 8, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
The official website of the upcoming idol anime B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious has announced additional cast members for the series. The newly announced characters include series heroine Tsubasa Sumisora, who is a rookie producer at Gandala Music.

A key visual for the anime (pictured) featuring character designs by animator Toshie Kawamura was also revealed. The official website features individual designs for the all the characters announced thus far.

B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious will begin airing on July 2 on Tokyo MX, ABC Asahi Broadcasting, CBC TV, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11.

Cast
Tsubasa Sumisora: Hisako Kanemoto (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri)
Sakutarou Yashamaru: Kousuke Toriumi (Hakuoki)
Atsushi Daikoku: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Brothers Conflict)
Shuuji Daikoku: Daisuke Namikawa (Hiiro no Kakera)

Source: Anime Recorder
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 8, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
Fuck it this isnt even trying to hide it. Ill watch it for that 1 female
May 8, 2016 9:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Those character designs though.. Bishounen emphasis too strong!

May 8, 2016 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Ahhh! That visual! I'm in. So in.
We'll see how great Sumisora's skills are.
May 8, 2016 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
Another male idol show, they all same successful so far, I wonder when the first to flop will show up.
May 8, 2016 11:22 PM
Mar 2010
Whoah the character designs are on point! Can't wait!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 8, 2016 11:48 PM
Feb 2015
~Rolls eyes~ There's always that one negative comment made by a hater who can't accept the fact that more anime are being made for females. People will never grow.

But anyways I gotta agree both the characters and designs are on point. Can't wait to watch this, it definitely gives off a Utapri vibe :D
NoNameNoName000May 8, 2016 11:55 PM
May 8, 2016 11:56 PM
Mar 2010
-Janet said:
I gotta agree both the characters and designs are on point. Can't wait to watch this, it definitely gives off a Utapri vibe :D

Same original character designer. :D
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 8, 2016 11:58 PM
Feb 2015
phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:
I gotta agree both the characters and designs are on point. Can't wait to watch this, it definitely gives off a Utapri vibe :D

Really I didn't know that thanks for telling me :D I wonder if this will end up being a reverse harem though? The girl in the image has be wondering that.
May 9, 2016 12:02 AM
Mar 2010
-Janet said:
phoenixalia said:

Really I didn't know that thanks for telling me :D I wonder if this will end up being a reverse harem though? The girl in the image has be wondering that.

You're welcome! Hmm, I'm not sure. The original project doesn't have a main female character. But since she's listed as the protagonist, I think it will be reverse harem.
May 9, 2016 12:46 AM

Dec 2009
OKITSU KAZUYUKI AND TORIUMI KOUSUKE AHHHH THE WONDERFUL VOICES T___T
Looking forward to the anime, only two more months!
May 9, 2016 2:19 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The female character looks cute. As long as she's not personality-less, it should be fine. If they're going to use the same songs from the CDs, then the music part is not what I'll stay for. Even with recent releases, the only song that I like is Love Addiction (and the chorus of 3 2 1 Jump). The songs aren't bad, they're well produced I think and I like the voices, but they are too idolish for my taste. Yes I know they're idols :P The key visual looks nice though.
May 9, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
Yey! I'm excited for this.. I LOVE LOVE idol animes and I'll always welcome them with open arms!! *p* Super happy that it's B-Project cos I L O V E THRIVE. I hope they keep the original voice actors for THRIVE. They will, right?
May 9, 2016 11:14 AM
Feb 2015
phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:

You're welcome! Hmm, I'm not sure. The original project doesn't have a main female character. But since she's listed as the protagonist, I think it will be reverse harem.

I wonder if they decided to change it the last minute :D But reverse harems are always welcome my way. It will definitely replace the void Ozmafia will leave because after all the series will only be a 4 episode run
May 9, 2016 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
the character designs look pretty neat, looking forward to this.
May 9, 2016 11:34 AM
Mar 2010
-Janet said:
phoenixalia said:

I wonder if they decided to change it the last minute :D But reverse harems are always welcome my way. It will definitely replace the void Ozmafia will leave because after all the series will only be a 4 episode run

Yeah I'm fine with it either way. :D
May 9, 2016 11:50 AM
Feb 2015
phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:

Yeah I'm fine with it either way. :D

Do you think the anime will be Utapri's rival? They both look so similar and I'm pretty sure B- project will have an awesome Ost :D
May 9, 2016 12:10 PM
May 2016
It seems awesome, I love this anime! :)
May 9, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2010
-Janet said:

Do you think the anime will be Utapri's rival? They both look so similar and I'm pretty sure B- project will have an awesome Ost :D

UtaPri is a monster. xD B-Project is reasonably popular for its singles sell an average of 5k, which is no simple feat. I don't think it'll reach UtaPri's level, but it IS popular.
May 9, 2016 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
Nothin' like the ol' reverse harem idol anime... I will definitely skip this one, unless I hear its actually really good.
May 9, 2016 1:15 PM
May 2007
I'm zooming key visual too glorious omg Tomohisa ♥
And then I see someone beautiful voiced by Toriumi I can't.

phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:

Utapri and B-project same original designer?
How can you? I'm crying.
May 9, 2016 2:23 PM
Feb 2015
phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:

UtaPri is a monster. xD B-Project is reasonably popular for its singles sell an average of 5k, which is no simple feat. I don't think it'll reach UtaPri's level, but it IS popular.

Damn I knew Utapri was quite popular in Japan but a monster :o I've been curious to why Utapri is the only harem to sell over 40,000 disc's while other reverse harems keep it under 3,000 discs. Excluding Hakuoki which sold over 10,000 discs :D

I'm excited for what B-project has in store for us and 5k is not bad now that I think about it unless the anime has something up it's sleeve it's imposible to reach Utapri's level
May 9, 2016 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
Shadow-Chan said:

phoenixalia said:

How can you? I'm crying.

I was just going to point it out, but someone else doing so makes me think not all is lost... ( ・д・)

UtaPri's chara design was done by Kurahana Chinatsu and Bpro's is by Yukihiro Utako, who worked on UtaPri-related works as well, but is not the one who did the character design...

(And I agree on Toriumi, haha.)

phoenixalia said:
The original project doesn't have a main female character.

What about hime?... ( ´・_・`)
May 10, 2016 12:35 AM
Mar 2010
Face_Faith said:
Shadow-Chan said:

How can you? I'm crying.

I was just going to point it out, but someone else doing so makes me think not all is lost... ( ・д・)

UtaPri's chara design was done by Kurahana Chinatsu and Bpro's is by Yukihiro Utako, who worked on UtaPri-related works as well, but is not the one who did the character design...

(And I agree on Toriumi, haha.)

phoenixalia said:
The original project doesn't have a main female character.

What about hime?... ( ´・_・`)

Ahh I'm so sorry for this big mistake! Please forgive me!
May 10, 2016 10:10 AM

Jun 2008
phoenixalia said:

It's not like you did anything to me so there's nothing I could forgive you for! Either way, mistakes happen (and I've seen people mistake Yukihiro Utako for UtaPri's character designer before), so I don't think you should worry about it or anything. ( ’ ∀ ’ )ノシ
May 10, 2016 12:54 PM
Mar 2010
Face_Faith said:
phoenixalia said:

It's not like you did anything to me so there's nothing I could forgive you for! Either way, mistakes happen (and I've seen people mistake Yukihiro Utako for UtaPri's character designer before), so I don't think you should worry about it or anything. ( ’ ∀ ’ )ノシ

Thank you. ;_; I shouldn't make that mistake though.
May 10, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
phoenixalia said:
-Janet said:

actually, the original character designer for b-project is utako yukihiro who was the character designer for makai ouji devils and realist. while she did do the art for the uta no prince sama manga, she is not the original character designer for uta no prince sama. that would actually be chinatsu kurahana who also did the character designs for samurai flamenco and aquarian evol
May 10, 2016 11:16 PM
Mar 2010
orchidork said:
phoenixalia said:

actually, the original character designer for b-project is utako yukihiro who was the character designer for makai ouji devils and realist. while she did do the art for the uta no prince sama manga, she is not the original character designer for uta no prince sama. that would actually be chinatsu kurahana who also did the character designs for samurai flamenco and aquarian evol

Thank you for the explanation!

More topics from this board

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 48 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by trinitroglycerin »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.