Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 7, 2016 4:12 AM

Mar 2014
fideldesu said:
So.. Masaki is a ghost that can puke and drink water.

I still can't understand how silicone in head makes him a better soldier. How ?

SHOKEI!!! xD
makes you taller. That'ss why he wanted it. He was too short.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 7, 2016 4:14 AM

Sep 2015
This is the best inadvertent comedy ever. Boob monster, giant bee, wtf balloon creature, and that mask... thing. I love it. Non stop laughs were had this episode.
Shokei girl and boob monster took the cake this episode.
May 7, 2016 4:32 AM

Mar 2014
TragicRomance said:
What a messed up priest, poor Lovepon and her mother. She's having psychological problems and needs to see a psychologist asap. At the same time, it doesn't completely justify her current actions. I don't know how much I can blame her tho. Problems suffered as a kid can really mess you up.

Nyanta tho, so that's how she got her love for toy guns. Interesting.
The punishment she received tho, what a horrible bunch of bullies.

The silicone one... no comments. At least it was original.

Mikage's was the most relatable for me... I guess.

Basically the only ones who can survive in this village are the ones who have a strong mental and a complete control over their emotions.

So Masaki has a monster within her? It's either her or Koharu, I'm betting it on Masaki.
i don't think anyone here has control over their emotions.

And that's the pint of the show- Everyone here has a fear in their lives that they cant get over. this may have been things that played a huge part in what, possibly killed them.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 7, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
This show is bad. And I mean cringeworthy bad. It's nice that they were finally showing some character backgrounds but what should be interesting or scary was so freaking bad insetead it was almost funny. Almost everyone out there is drama queen and their conclusions are so illogical it hurts.

So everyone is just wreck of their former selves, I get it. But their conclusion that Masaki is a ghost based on Koharun's newspapers clip was just silly.
May 7, 2016 4:47 AM

Feb 2016
Koharun intentionally ignoring Dahara, and telling everyone that Masaki is a ghost (which is probably wrong) is very suspicious. Its like if she is trying to cause conflict between the characters.

For the sake of ... realism ... either the forrest is filled with some hallucinogenic gasses and Koharun knows that and is playing them all, or Narna is drugging them all with free candy.

Knowing the production team however, it will probably end up being some metaphysical shenanigans.
May 7, 2016 4:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This thread is not fun to read anymore unlike all the other 5. Mature people in this thread.

Once again a very good episode, i appreciate the backstories, made me sympathize a lot for Nyanta especially. Jigoku no Gouka's was hilarious tbh, but he is a very good lad. Interesting that they didn't find Mikage yet. Jack's whereabouts still not known.

We know now that they are hallucinating. Masaki confirmed being a ghost (or maybe not, i'm not sure if they don't jump the gun here)
SmudyMay 7, 2016 4:58 AM
May 7, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2010
StardustNyako said:
TragicRomance said:

Basically the only ones who can survive in this village are the ones who have a strong mental and a complete control over their emotions.
i don't think anyone here has control over their emotions.

And that's the pint of the show- Everyone here has a fear in their lives that they cant get over. this may have been things that played a huge part in what, possibly killed them.

True, but some of them might be able to overcome those fears. They have to do it, or else can they can't survive.
Smudy said:
This thread is not fun to read anymore unlike all the other 5.

Agreed.
May 7, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
This episode is so random and funny. Comedy of the season confirmed!
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 7, 2016 5:03 AM

Nov 2015
I had a feeling that everyone saw what their darkest nightmares are like Judgeness saw Jack, Nyanta saw bees, Lovepon saw Buddism, Jigoku saw silicon, and Mikage saw a train filled with laughter. Probably that penguin thing (Tokimune) is Mitsumune deepest horror. But i didn't understand why the driver saw his daughter and Maimai saw a giant Mitsumune. Both saw something they both like. (or do they actually like them )

The backstories in this episode were quick but heartwrenching. They made me pity Lovepon and Nyanta. I understood short people problems after seeing Jigoku's backstory. BTW I am 6'3" (190cm). I also pitied Mikage because I also made many silly mistakes that made me look like an idiot.

There is this one part in episode 3 that Yottsun sees something and remarks, "Why here?" and leaves Misaki. I wonder what he saw. I think it is within the the first 5 minutes of that episode.

Where is Jack? They said that Judgeness fell of a cliff and supposedly died but there no information about Jack, yet.

What is this mystery behind Misaki. Is she a ghost or what? She didn't freak out when Mitsumune saw Tokimune nor did she see her deepest nightmare. She just stared at it.

Half of the anime is already been aired and we don't know nothing about it yet. I can't wait fort next week episode. Probably we might have some answers to our questions. BTW I have my final exams from May 8th to May 19th so wish me luck.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
May 7, 2016 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
^ Good luck with your exams RealPikaman! ^_^

Gotta feel sorry for Lovepon and Nyanta. Getting repeatedly assaulted by a disgusting Monk was bad enough for Lovepon and her mother, but for Nyanta, it was even more depressing. Only wish those scumbag monk and bullies got what was coming to them....

The hallucination monsters were weird, but Jigoku seeing the silicone tit monster was downright bizarre, yet funny at the same time.

At least we now know the true meaning behind the song that Koharun keeps on singing. Going by the newspaper article, Masaki is the prime suspect, although considering that everyone has seen her since the tour began, I do have doubts of her being a ghost.

Let's see if the show proves me wrong in the second half of it's run.....
May 7, 2016 5:06 AM
Apr 2016
The toy manufacturer person will be found dead some time later. He was already "lost" by the time others were found.
Re:formed
May 7, 2016 5:11 AM
Apr 2016
RealPikaman1 said:
I had a feeling that everyone saw what their darkest nightmares are like Judgeness saw Jack, Nyanta saw bees, Lovepon saw Buddism, Jigoku saw silicon, and Mikage saw a train filled with laughter. Probably that penguin thing (Tokimune) is Mitsumune deepest horror. But i didn't understand why the driver saw his daughter and Maimai saw a giant Mitsumune. Both saw something they both like. (or do they actually like them )

The backstories in this episode were quick but heartwrenching. They made me pity Lovepon and Nyanta. I understood short people problems after seeing Jigoku's backstory. BTW I am 6'3" (190cm). I also pitied Mikage because I also made many silly mistakes that made me look like an idiot.

There is this one part in episode 3 that Yottsun sees something and remarks, "Why here?" and leaves Misaki. I wonder what he saw. I think it is within the the first 5 minutes of that episode.

Where is Jack? They said that Judgeness fell of a cliff and supposedly died but there no information about Jack, yet.

What is this mystery behind Misaki. Is she a ghost or what? She didn't freak out when Mitsumune saw Tokimune nor did she see her deepest nightmare. She just stared at it.

Half of the anime is already been aired and we don't know nothing about it yet. I can't wait fort next week episode. Probably we might have some answers to our questions. BTW I have my final exams from May 8th to May 19th so wish me luck.

They do not see their fears, but their failures of a past. Something they regret. Or something that influencd them strongly to make them abandon their "previous life". Driver feels lonely, the girl has some "men" issues, and it manifested in Mitsumune, whom she could not "acquire" of sorts.
If thou could read my posts or at least some posts and then asking questions... what an utopia I long for...
May 7, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2011
I don't like don't like all of these stories going from one to another they should just stick with the main plot other than that it was okay but it could have been better
May 7, 2016 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
Wait... so WHY is he scared of silicone, again? We only saw him get the surgery. Why is he scared of it? O_O
The sun is a deadly laser
May 7, 2016 5:22 AM

May 2009
Shirasho said:
StardustNyako said:
if Masaki is a ghost how could she have puked on the bus driver kun?

Ghosts can't do that! That's the whole point of being a ghost XP

Bad writing, that's how.

This series gets more and more ridiculous every week, and not in a good way. I'd drop if it weren't so far into the series already. Might as well just suck it up and finish it.

Bad writing is just buzzword now. You are watching supernatural series and calling this a bad writing?
May 7, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode so far, I'm not saying it's great yet. But it's gotten way less cringy after those backstories.

Poor Love-pon & Nyan-ta :< Survival guy got silicon on his head lmfao.

Masaki is a ghost? O_o
May 7, 2016 5:24 AM
Apr 2016
mira-pyon said:
Wait... so WHY is he scared of silicone, again? We only saw him get the surgery. Why is he scared of it? O_O

He made the surgery to enroll into the Ranger military service. Either way he succeeded or he did not, the fact that he had the surgery is haunting him and he thought he could escape it in the lost village.
May 7, 2016 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
When there's weird characters, they have background stories to understand them better and I believe that's one thing I like on this anime, despite of the many characters.

set by mal secret santa 2023
May 7, 2016 5:27 AM

Jan 2016
2/5
Seriously, it's already the 6th episode and the anime isn't progressing at all ...
May 7, 2016 5:28 AM
Apr 2016
KarenShirotori said:
When there's weird characters, they have background stories to understand them better and I believe that's one thing I like on this anime, despite of the many characters.

That the main point. Showing bunch of society wastes running away. Explaining why they were brought to such condititons. Some recover others do not, through their moral stance and willpower. The struggle of overcoming their own "failures" and retaining their sanity while doing so. If those backgrounds never happened, I would still be hating mad Lovepon. Now I hate her less knowing why this is happening.
May 7, 2016 5:40 AM

Nov 2015
What I learned so far:
1. Don't go into a forest at night.
2. Don't go to a place that is called a utopia.
3. Don't take candy from strangers.
4. Don't act very suspicious when death is involved.
5. If you scream execution, then you are least likely to be the culprit.
6. If you name is very long, then you might be renamed to ass.
7. If you are group traveling, then you must remember all of the people's names.

Add more if I missed something.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
May 7, 2016 5:43 AM

Oct 2015
well I hereby entirely lost the clue about this anime..
May 7, 2016 5:44 AM

Jun 2009
zellami said:
I wish I could understand how "taking out the [Koharun omits "evil"] eyes" connects to "dragging the depths of your mind out into the open". Is it like ..., seeing with your heart? *scratches head* Anyone good in poetry? -_-;

Well, going by what we could read off of cellphones and flyers during the first episode, and what Koharun is telling the characters, the song is connected to a legend concerning ogres in Nanakimura.

The flyer in episode 1 said this:

I simply set spoilers for those who consider reading sth. they couldn't read themselves too spoilerific.

You could argue that eyes are often seen as an entrance to the soul or having magic capabilities to curse and bewitch. Thus blinding somebody was often also a method of keeping yourself safe. In this case, dragging out their biggest fears and making them deal with them might make them more palatable?!

I guess though that this is going somewhere completely different.

Karrwin said:
Koharun intentionally ignoring Dahara, and telling everyone that Masaki is a ghost (which is probably wrong) is very suspicious. Its like if she is trying to cause conflict between the characters.

I'll just call it now.
Cause lovepon is very obviously inspired by Sonozaki Shion, Koharun could be Mayoiga's Takano Mio.

--Spoilers for Higurashi no naku koro ni below--
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 7, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2016
just wanna say that this episode is so fcked up ._.
May 7, 2016 5:53 AM

Nov 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
^ Good luck with your exams RealPikaman! ^_^
Thanks.

Meta_Yoshi said:
Gotta feel sorry for Lovepon and Nyanta. Getting repeatedly assaulted by a disgusting Monk was bad enough for Lovepon and her mother, but for Nyanta, it was even more depressing. Only wish those scumbag monk and bullies got what was coming to them....
I hope so too.
Female bullies are more brutal than male bullies. Females go on the emotional side like making everyone hate you by gossip and spreading false rumors whereas males just go on the physical side and just beat up the victim. In my opinion, emotional wounds are harder to heal than physical wounds.

May 7, 2016 6:05 AM

Oct 2008
What the hell is going on... I'm not even sure I want to find out tbh. The characters' backstories made me feel terrible for them but I really don't know what this show is trying to do. The gross imagery isn't really helping me to enjoy this show either and I'm starting to think it's not going to be worth following to the end.
May 7, 2016 6:08 AM
Oct 2010
Lovepon is as lovely as ever(even if she seems like the tipe that would cut off and wear your skin), still the backstories for lovepon and nya are pretty sad ,abuse and bullying :(
May 7, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
Railroad tracks, giant wasps, CGI silicone boobs- I can't even imagine what the rest of the cast's monsters inside themselves are gonna look like. But I like how the show attempted to give development to the cast. Their backstories weren't bad in my opinion. However they went back and forth between them pretty fast and should've focused on one or two really. The best backstories that were revealed were "Don't laugh at me" > "Execute!" > "Giant wasps" > "CGI Silocone coming back to haunt you".
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 7, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2012
So much hate for this show, don't know i like this episode. And the backstories were showed not that bad, maybe it should've been split in 2 episodes, but the 1 cour limit will be always the problem. Chuckled at all those monsters, and especially the boob-silicon =/
Kinda strange that they didn't consider seeing fear-illusions for so long, but at least they underastand. Masaki is obviously very suspicuous, but Koharun is pretty shady too.
May 7, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2012
seizonsha said:
zellami said:
I wish I could understand how "taking out the [Koharun omits "evil"] eyes" connects to "dragging the depths of your mind out into the open". Is it like ..., seeing with your heart? *scratches head* Anyone good in poetry? -_-;

Well, going by what we could read off of cellphones and flyers during the first episode, and what Koharun is telling the characters, the song is connected to a legend concerning ogres in Nanakimura.

The flyer in episode 1 said this:

I simply set spoilers for those who consider reading sth. they couldn't read themselves too spoilerific.

You could argue that eyes are often seen as an entrance to the soul or having magic capabilities to curse and bewitch. Thus blinding somebody was often also a method of keeping yourself safe. In this case, dragging out their biggest fears and making them deal with them might make them more palatable?!

I guess though that this is going somewhere completely different.

Wow, thanks, man, you are the greatest!

Back to the creature Mitsumune saw, it might be one of the 7 ogre, terrified that humans with evil eyes have moved into its village? /jk

So. The fog (uncertainty) blinds their senses (takes their evil eyes=bares their souls) and makes them see their failures, giving them no rest, no peace, no new world, but being lost in their nightmares.
The episode actually shows 3 of the characters suffering from an early age, so they had lost /were robbed from their innocence long ago.

I can understand why the ogre won't even think of eating human eyes, if it also means eating their souls. The other parts seem legit for dinner :)

Ah, sorry, just one question - apparently, the seven deadly sins come from Christianity and often is used as a means of characterization in animanga. Is there some sort of an equivalent in Japanese folklore? Not as different types of supernatural monsters (like Toilet Hanako, Sadako, the lady without face, etc.), but as a concept?
May 7, 2016 6:43 AM
Apr 2016
think I figured this show out,

the entire thing is an experiment by the company that sent them there, they're probably testing out a drug for the military so that they can show soldiers their worst fear in the battlefield and thus make them useless. Either the guy from the company or the woman student (can't remember her name and I don't care enough to google for it) there know something, but I don't think both do.

Also that girl probably didn't go missing but rather it was her mother and now she's come back to see where her mother grew up.

If I were to guess about the village (& I don't think this ones right), it's probably a joint effort between the government and the company for experiments like the one I mentioned earlier.
May 7, 2016 6:45 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was way less funny than the previous ones. I don't really know what to think of it, it was mostly a few character's flashbacks and didn't progress the plot any further. I'm still as confused as before.
Those monsters designs were so weird though, as if they came from a different anime entirely. It reminded me of Yami Shibai in a certain way.
HaliconeMay 7, 2016 6:48 AM
May 7, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
Sorry but those flashbacks totally failed to make me feel sorry for them... It feels very shallow somehow...

And really why do they assume she's a ghost? not the real one who's just being crazy?
May 7, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2016
Half of this episode: execute... execute... execute... execute... execute... bee... execute... execute... execute...

Anyway, anyone here can explain why Jigoku was being laughed at when he decided to join the ranger? I mean, why's that bad?
And he wasn't accepted? I guess the examiner found out about the silicone... but why silicone become a trauma to him? Is that mean that it ruptured on his head?
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
May 7, 2016 7:15 AM

Dec 2013
I get the vibe of the Hounds of Baskerville from BBC's Sherlock show.
High-tech equipment and various experimental instruments causing fear and hallucinations in their victims, leading to weirdness galore.

Love-Pon's mom was left in debt because her dad dies, and her mom has to whore herself off to some shitty Shinto Priest. Not quite sure why her trigger is the oni on the sake bottle though, unless she accidentally killed the priest with it or something.

Nyanta's fear of retaliation from her bullies after she tried to fight back was understandable. Bee stings are a bitch, and I can only imagine how they are for girls that hate and fear bugs.

I feel bad for Jigoku though. He basically showed that he would do absolutely anything to achieve his dream of joining the SDF. To be denied because of his attempt to make up for his lack of height really sucks. The oppai monster was ridiculous though. Not only did it not make sense, but I don't understand why it would be the cause of his fear. Sure his attempted injection ruined his chances of joining the SDF in the end, but it was his decision to use it, it's not like the operation ended up harming him physically in any way. There's really no reason why he should be afraid of it.

As for Mikage... he's traumatized by his own failures and his arrogance towards others, and his trauma taking the shape of a laughing train was.... understandable? Actually I really don't know. I understand the shape of his trauma, but if anything I'd be angry at myself for such a failure, not afraid of it..

Yeah.... overall this episode was only for developing those four character's history and nothing else. If not for the flashbacks, only around a few minutes actually passed between the end of last episode and the end of this one...
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 7, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2015
Their backstories were totally predictable and completely shit, awkwardness in its extreme. I am seriously hoping all of them are killed as quickly as possible, proper trolls them
May 7, 2016 7:39 AM

Jun 2009
zellami said:
Ah, sorry, just one question - apparently, the seven deadly sins come from Christianity and often is used as a means of characterization in animanga. Is there some sort of an equivalent in Japanese folklore? Not as different types of supernatural monsters (like Toilet Hanako, Sadako, the lady without face, etc.), but as a concept?

It's a little more difficult when it comes to Japanese folklore, since a lot of religious influences were combined over the centuries. Japan has Shintoist roots, has had Buddhist influences for about 1400 years, and Christian influences for about 500 years, so there's not that much of a straight line as there is in Christian influences culture.

All religions have their specific sins, but in the case of Buddhist sins they are less often repurposed in fiction, as has become a trend in the West after Dante Alligeri's Divina Comedia, and in the case of Shintoism heavenly and earthly sins are much too closely defined to be still applicable today in their complete form.

In Japan there is (due to the focus on practicable rituals) a much bigger focus on the dichotomy of clean and unclean.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 7, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
Totally called this whole thing with the "your inner monsters appear." See a previous thread where I said it but most of y'all just ignore posts from non-popular people.

I'm always so interested with what this anime has to bring. Masaki is probably dead? I mean, she went missing and ended up at the bus? Creepy.
May 7, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2012
So they are being hunted by their tragic past.

I still hate that Lovepon girl even tho her story was the saddest out of the 4 we saw this episode.

That guy tried to get into military and couldn't cause he was too small so he asked to have a breast silicon put into his head? What kinda savage shit is that.

When he was sitting on the rock talking to a camera one of those passing texts said "Loser get back to school" lmaoo.
May 7, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
So my assumptions was right, it's like a hallucination of your trauma in the past. That formed into some kind of a monster. Also masaki died? Then who is Mitsumune holding onto??

Anyway, that silicon monster though xD
May 7, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2009

Running away is overrated. Crawl away! The headcrab boobcrab is coming!

Also can someone explain to me please what his flashback meant? I mean he was too short to join the army so he got himself some head silicon. And when he tried to apply there he didn't make it? Am I missing something?
SelensijaMay 7, 2016 8:18 AM
May 7, 2016 8:22 AM
May 2016
This episode shared the backstory of a few characters and confirmed that this monster thing makes them see something they fear. And that Masaki is still sketchy. Other than that, basically no progression at all.

But I feel like they are finally going to make some progression soon by killing off a bunch of characters soon (seeing as it's only 12 episodes and we're already at episode 6 and it feels like they are on the same page as they were episode 2). And please, please kill Lovepon.
May 7, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2012
Pretty interesting episode with the past manifesting as some kind of monster and all.
BTW those wasps are loud af in Japan. Just one of those motherfuckers make me wanna run for the hills.

May 7, 2016 9:08 AM

Feb 2016
Gotta admit, it was very interesting.

I take this anime very seriously, even with the unnecessary comedy, maybe that's why I'm always looking forward to the next episode.

But goddamn I hate bee sounds.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
May 7, 2016 9:21 AM

Oct 2015
So, many feel sorry for Nyantan for being stung by bees but don't feel any sympathy for Lovepon at all ? Rather they think that her story is hilarious.
This shows you how fucked up humans are. Sorry, I don't want to hate on Nyantan since I think that this is a traumatic experience but to think it is funny that Lovepon had to endure this abuse is just sick. I think somebody on the first page mentioned it as well so I just wanted to emphasize this again.

Of course Mayoiga might not be extremely well written (honestly there are some things that could have been done so much better) but I think it does the job pretty decent. I mean what did people expect ? This group consists of people who failed extremely in life or had something terrible to deal with so they are mentally damaged and therefore can't behave the way a "normal" person would. Sure, the execution stuff annoys or the way they can't even discuss something properly but well, this is how it would be in real life if you have to deal with mentally ill people : it will be hard and you won't understand them

sorry if I offend anybody but I feel like that most of the people don't criticise it constructively but rather just want to spread the hate
May 7, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Jerkhov said:
THE FUCKING BOOB MONSTER LMAOOOOO I CAN'T, surprised it wasn't censored though

I don't really know how putting silicone in your head would make you a better soldier exactly though, that part kind of confused me.

Predicted Lovepon's backstory though, pretty obvious she was the victim of some kind of abuse. Masaki being the cause of the events was way too obvious though, same with the monsters being projected from their minds. Still enjoyable with all the tragic backstories crammed into 20 minutes.

He needed that silicone to pass the exams, because he was short I guess
May 7, 2016 9:23 AM

Oct 2015
bobzanny said:
Me:There's no way this show can get worse right?

Mayoiga:Challenge accepted!

I totally agree with this !!
I really can't stand this anime ! It is the worst for this season !!

May 7, 2016 9:52 AM

Oct 2014
Shiroharu said:
So, many feel sorry for Nyantan for being stung by bees but don't feel any sympathy for Lovepon at all ? Rather they think that her story is hilarious.
This shows you how fucked up humans are. Sorry, I don't want to hate on Nyantan since I think that this is a traumatic experience but to think it is funny that Lovepon had to endure this abuse is just sick. I think somebody on the first page mentioned it as well so I just wanted to emphasize this again.

Of course Mayoiga might not be extremely well written (honestly there are some things that could have been done so much better) but I think it does the job pretty decent. I mean what did people expect ? This group consists of people who failed extremely in life or had something terrible to deal with so they are mentally damaged and therefore can't behave the way a "normal" person would. Sure, the execution stuff annoys or the way they can't even discuss something properly but well, this is how it would be in real life if you have to deal with mentally ill people : it will be hard and you won't understand them

sorry if I offend anybody but I feel like that most of the people don't criticise it constructively but rather just want to spread the hate

I think it's a mixture of unorthodox story telling along with the fact that people just came into this show with the wrong expectations. When you get used to things being done one way, and then you're presented with something that is drastically different from what you consider "proper", your natural instinct would be to either question it or consider it "wrong".

I think that there a lot of people who still don't seem to understand the characters or the situation that they're in. Often questioning why characters are doing certain things. This, I'd say, is both the fault of the writers and the users though. The writing could have been a lot cleaner, but enough evidence has been given for the viewers to be able to draw coherent conclusions. I'd wager that most people (subconsciously) just don't want to understand this show. (I don't really think it's that hard to follow to be honest though...)

This show will certainly go down in history. I'm not sure whether it'll be for good or bad reasons though. But I feel like this will be the type of show that once it's finished, people will go back to it and analyze everything. Perhaps it could be used as a case study of sorts.
MegaShadowFistMay 7, 2016 11:46 AM
May 7, 2016 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
An interesting episode indeed . Everybody is seeing illusions of what is hidden deep within themselves and repressed like something that left a scar on them or affected them deeply . Some were scary like that face chasing lovepon , but the silicon was so weird and funny . The ranger dude can't bring himself to tell them about it because he also knows it's fuckin weird lmao ... Though it's 4 flashbacks , i think the transition between them were done well except when they went from the ranger dude flashback to mikage's flashback . But all flashbacks had impact at least .
Shishou_23May 7, 2016 10:00 AM
May 7, 2016 10:01 AM
May 2016
After episode 6, i think i can see what kind of place Nanaki village is.

I think it's a kind of place that brings out your most traumatic events in your life that makes you want to run away from your life? Seeing those flashbacks and the fact that they're seeing different things. That is why people move out from the village. And maybe makes a lot of people be crazy

And also for that Dahara guy, i think he will do something insane toward valkana guy. That moment when Dahara open up his hands welcoming koharun but instead of that, she run towards valkana. Poor guy :(
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

470 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.