Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 6, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
SwordSaint said:
Darklight0303 said:
Seriously? Ikoma exploded his sister's heart. We saw that last episode ffs

Remember Ikoma got bitten and become a Kabenari it's likely that his sister became a Kabenari as well and even if Ikoma does that we're not sure what can kill a kabenari. My proof is the visual in the Opening look closely in the scene where Ikoma is on the train tracks he saw his sister turned around and it became Munmei there are plenty of hints that tell us that Munmei is Ikoma's sister.

I honestly doubt Mumei is his sister but there might be some connection here.
May 6, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2015

Personally 70% I agree with you... though I'm still enjoying this episode than previous :D hahaha

and preview of ep5 says: Mumei starts to get along well with people on the train.
May 6, 2016 5:59 AM

Apr 2014
Andes-Chucky said:

Personally 70% I agree with you... though I'm still enjoying this episode than previous :D hahaha

and preview of ep5 says: Mumei starts to get along well with people on the train.

You don't have to agree with me 100%. Everyone has different tastes which is something most people here can't understand apparently.
May 6, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2009
Andes-Chucky said:

preview of ep5 says: Mumei starts to get along well with people on the train.

Thanks for the translation. Is that all? xD So what about the part where he says "point out"?

May 6, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2015

What I understand from her explanation is wazatori is stronger. because he gained a lot of experiences from battles. I think it means kabane has some intellectual/instict that make them evolve/strong.

I see a barrel behind him with "kayaku (explosive)" written on it. :)
Andes-ChuckyMay 6, 2016 6:15 AM
May 6, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2015

though I understand what he says, my english is not good. so I will bring you translation from reddit:

Andes-ChuckyMay 6, 2016 6:27 AM
May 6, 2016 6:13 AM

May 2015
@Andes-Chucky @Thug_Gou
Why don't you post and discuss previews in the topic of the previews? It is basically spoiler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2008
eggbutt said:
1st episode, guy uses explosive and blows himself up, train is fine. Ikoma blows his sister up with explosive he's fine. This episode female warrior blows herself up, the whole side of the train is gone...? I'm seeing a lot of continuity issues just with this. And what's with mumei's explanation of the wazatori: yes they can fight now cause they have experience.

And yes let's just take a nice break on top of the train in the open when they've just survived a kabane attack. Do these people fear nothing or just lack common sense.

Did you seriously also miss the explosive barrels behind the guy in this episode? I have to wonder if you actually watch these episodes with your eyes open
May 6, 2016 6:19 AM

Aug 2015

I dont think it's a spoiler - if you think it's spoiler than it is official spoiler- . though it's may be impolite if I post it here while there is discussion there. I just answer what people ask and just reply what people said with what I have. :)
May 6, 2016 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
zal said:
@Andes-Chucky @Thug_Gou
Why don't you post and discuss previews in the topic of the previews? It is basically spoiler.

Didn't see that topic lol sorzz

But aren't previews usually at the end of most anime? I think posting a preview is ok.
Besides, it wasn't a major spoiler anyway.

@Andes-Chucky - Thanks for the translation! :D

May 6, 2016 6:23 AM

May 2015
Andes-Chucky said:

I dont think it's a spoiler - if you think it's spoiler than it is official spoiler- . though it's may be impolite if I post it here while there is discussion there. I just answer what people ask and just reply what people said with what I have. :)
@Thug_Gou
I said "basically" because it is not actually a spoiler but I would have preferred not to see the preview image of the video. I dislike previews especially when they are official and incorporated in the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2014
Overall a fun episode, definitely better than the last one, but still kinda disappointing. The energy in this show is awesome but not enough, it's severely lacking the tension that made AOT so enjoyable for me.
May 6, 2016 6:28 AM

Oct 2009
zal said:
Andes-Chucky said:

@Thug_Gou
I said "basically" because it is not actually a spoiler but I would have preferred not to see the preview image of the video. I dislike previews especially when they are official and incorporated in the episode.

pfft... better tell that to the anime studio

May 6, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2008
Neromon said:
Overall a fun episode, definitely better than the last one, but still kinda disappointing. The energy in this show is awesome but not enough, it's severely lacking the tension that made AOT so enjoyable for me.

Never felt any tension in AOT personally. I mean ffs the second major battle they actually manage to take back the town using a giant boulder to plug the hole. That kind of thing would not work against Kabane. Once the station is breached, it's over.
May 6, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2015
Darklight0303 said:
eggbutt said:
1st episode, guy uses explosive and blows himself up, train is fine. Ikoma blows his sister up with explosive he's fine. This episode female warrior blows herself up, the whole side of the train is gone...? I'm seeing a lot of continuity issues just with this. And what's with mumei's explanation of the wazatori: yes they can fight now cause they have experience.

And yes let's just take a nice break on top of the train in the open when they've just survived a kabane attack. Do these people fear nothing or just lack common sense.

Did you seriously also miss the explosive barrels behind the guy in this episode? I have to wonder if you actually watch these episodes with your eyes open

maybe it's not translated yet in sub?
May 6, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
Andes-Chucky said:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put it together.

Suicide bag alone = small concentrated blast on the heart

Suicide bag + Barrel with substance x = BIG explosion translates as something in that barrel was explosive. Only people desperate to find something wrong with the show would jump to the accusation of lack of consistency.
May 6, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
Something most people haven't apparently commented on. Kurusu and everyone's reaction to the Wazatori. It seems those who have been stationed inside a station don't know what a Wazatori even is since they are so shocked by the one in this episode. Yet Mumei clearly knows what it is and what it was called once again adding to the fact that she is definitely part of a group that knows a looooot more than the civilian factions like the Bushi steamsmiths and villagers.
May 6, 2016 6:43 AM

Aug 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Andes-Chucky said:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put it together.

Suicide bag alone = small concentrated blast on the heart

Suicide bag + Barrel with substance x = BIG explosion translates as something in that barrel was explosive. Only people desperate to find something wrong with the show would jump to the accusation of lack of consistency.

that's the first thing came to my mind when I saw big explosion. then I re-watched it. but I also cannot blame people who couldnt get it. not all people here are as smart as you. and not all people here understand japanese.

Thanks. :D
Andes-ChuckyMay 6, 2016 6:57 AM
May 6, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
sn3akyk1d said:
People actually like this show?

I've made peace of mind about how bad the writing is, so now I just treat it as popcorn entertainment.

@zal I'll remain on the hunger side. I'm pretty sure there will be an infodump episode to clear things up.

sn3akyk1d said:

I get watching things because they're enjoyable but that doesn't mean that they are good, this is so bad in so many ways but it's rated 8.5 which blows my mind, it seems like the hype has taken this one away.

Welcome to MAL, I guess??
In al seriousness, MAL scores are equivalent to Who Line is it Anyway's points: They don't matter.

ThieveryMay 6, 2016 7:11 AM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 6, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
KoreaWS said:
sn3akyk1d said:
People actually like this show?

I've made peace of mind about how bad the writing is, so now I just treat it as pocorn entertainment.

@zal I'll remain on the hunger side. I'm pretty sure there will be an infodump episode to clear things up.

Doubt it will happen before they get to Kongokaku
May 6, 2016 7:17 AM
Jan 2013
The nitpicking brigade,spewing terms like"bad writing" for a show that has held well so far....

Posers.

May 6, 2016 7:31 AM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
genesic123 said:
The nitpicking brigade,spewing terms like"bad writing" for a show that has held well so far....

Posers.

Can you clean my listing then?

We don't know all the rules of the zombies in this show,the cast does not
know everything either.

Even the transformation has a potential explanation hinted at this episode.

Even their dumb decisions is made out of understandable sudden fear,or that they had no choice.

The show is not perfect,but it does not warrant excessive trashing at this point .

There are far worse shows on mal with high scores,which can't keep on track,or even try to have sensible reactions to the situations.

May 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Dec 2013
This was incredibly boring and sleep inducing, whole episode was more or less fast paced action which I already had enough of in the last few episodes. I honestly feel that this show doesn't need such extensive action scenes with overblown hype Sawano music, which I'm incredibly desensitized to, especially when the fights are just empty hype and zero emotional impact, and immediately needs some kind of story to drive it forward, because so far the only thing driving the show is literally the train and zombie battles which is really... uninteresting. And dull.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of purpose this vampirism thing will serve, will it be to show more dramatic scenes of finger licking while the girl is in sweet sweet pain to create "hype" or is it to just give the zombies a unique trait which is kinda dumb or will it actually do something interesting with it, though now that I'm writing this and thinking, I'm really unsure what interesting can you do with this dumb idea.
May 6, 2016 7:42 AM
Jan 2013
kamisama751 said:
genesic123 said:

We don't know all the rules of the zombies in this show,the cast does not
know everything either.

Even the transformation has a potential explanation hinted at this episode.

Even their dumb decisions is made out of understandable sudden fear,or that they had no choice.

The show is not perfect,but it does not warrant excessive trashing at this point .

There are far worse shows on mal with high scores,which can't keep on track,or even try to have sensible reactions to the situations.

Seems like you haven't cleaned any points at all...

Your points are based on the idea that what he did in ep one gave him this power ,they are mean for no reason,everything must be explained on the spot,and the characters are just simply stupid for doing stuff.Going over every point is unnecessary when I can sum it up like this.
genesic123May 6, 2016 7:45 AM

May 6, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2008
robis798 said:
This was incredibly boring and sleep inducing, whole episode was more or less fast paced action which I already had enough of in the last few episodes. I honestly feel that this show doesn't need such extensive action scenes with overblown hype Sawano music, which I'm incredibly desensitized to, especially when the fights are just empty hype and zero emotional impact, and immediately needs some kind of story to drive it forward, because so far the only thing driving the show is literally the train and zombie battles which is really... uninteresting. And dull.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of purpose this vampirism thing will serve, will it be to show more dramatic scenes of finger licking while the girl is in sweet sweet pain to create "hype" or is it to just give the zombies a unique trait which is kinda dumb or will it actually do something interesting with it, though now that I'm writing this and thinking, I'm really unsure what interesting can you do with this dumb idea.

There's no satisfying you. Ever.
May 6, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
That was awesome.

Can't wait for the next episode.

May 6, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2009
So, when a sophisticated train in the modern era hit a pebble it derails but in this episode we see a Edo era/steampunk train hitting a freaking rock and only ''jumping''?

Seriously, this show lacks so much consistency, it simple ignore the basics and put little to no logic and hardly explain anything.
May 6, 2016 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
salmon-kun said:
I still don't understand why people enjoy hating on this show

Most of them are just pointing flaws. Don't confuse that with hate, unless they use explicit words like fuck this shit or something.

The show has flaws, and you can't deny them, that's all.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 6, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2008
KoreaWS said:
salmon-kun said:
I still don't understand why people enjoy hating on this show

Most of them are just pointing flaws. Don't confuse that with hate, unless they use explicit words like fuck this shit or something.

No most of those flaws are actually desperate nitpicking and a severe demonstration of fear to deduce things from facts and instances on screen and blaming the writing because it doesn't explain everything to them textbook style
May 6, 2016 8:37 AM
Jan 2016
eggbutt said:

1) That's was a guy and he pulled the suicide bag while his back was against three barrels of gunpowder. The only incongruity in that scene is why was the explosion powerful enough to blow the roof and wall open, but not kill everyone else who were standing mere feet from it.
2) Don't know which sub group you went with, but that's not Mumei's explanation at all. She says the wazatori are kabane who remember how to fight, as in it's experience they had from when they were alive, not that they learned to fight after becoming kabane. This isn't surprising given we have two kabane who still remember how to be human.
May 6, 2016 8:41 AM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
KoreaWS said:

No most of those flaws are actually desperate nitpicking and a severe demonstration of fear to deduce things from facts and instances on screen and blaming the writing because it doesn't explain everything to them textbook style

I'm not gonna discuss, because you claim that obvious lack of foreshadowing is nitpicking, but I can point you at Evangelion who did the show don't tell right. This show tried, a lot, but missed in a lot of things that should be adressed, like the amputation thing.

May 6, 2016 8:49 AM

Oct 2015
Fappa said:
Tyrel said:
Did the ED song change...? Even if a little bit. It's a bit longer than the previous lol.

Yeah it did. I think in the OST preview there is another version of the ending song sung by another person and its named differently. Or it just may be the part of the ending we don't know yet. I think I could hear chelly and aimer swap back and forth which wasn't the case in the regular ED

That was the other part of the ED song ninelie. Maybe the 2nd verse onwards.
kyan
May 6, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
Villagers lighted a huge fire in middle of zombie territory, blame kabaneri's because zombies showed up. Supposed to be leader gives master keys to some random as*hole and his bunch of hobos because reasons.
Deep mystery how those idiots survived this long.
May 6, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
Wow that was incredible.

First of all, I thought the first few episodes were already superb, but this episode brought it to a whole new level with wonderful action complimented by the godlike OST and the beautiful ED song to end things up. Secondly, the visuals were eyegasmic and awesome, it's seriously like movie quality. Thirdly, the directing was really good and there were many great shots with great composition, like the shot when Ayame was offering blood to Ikoma and the light was shining down on their hands like it was embodying a ray of hope exists for them.

Fourth of all, this episode progressed the story really well, giving great interactions between the main cast and developing them, whilst also making the Kabaneri now more trustworthy and important to the people - not being doubted anymore. Glad Kurusu was also finally becoming more trustworthy to them.

Lastly, big laughs at people who still compare this to SNK.
May 6, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
Sukebe14 said:
Supposed to be leader gives master keys to some random as*hole and his bunch of hobos because reasons.

Even the shallowest of social knowledge can explain that. Himesama is not cut for a leader yet, she had no way to calm the mob mentality and succumbed to pressure so that the conflict didn't scale (althought they did a dumb thing in the end, but that's the consequence). The mob mentality blames the Kabaneri because they are not humans. It's Jojo tiers of social science.

May 6, 2016 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
Er, how on earth is Kurusu not dead from being stabbed like that?
May 6, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2015
Aside from them being yet again put into solitary confinement, I'm surprised there were no other punishments for Ikoma being caught in the act of trying to eat / bite Ayame. They already didn't trust them, and Ikoma was caught red-handed having no control over his state. Surely they would have lopped his head off right then and there.

Ah well. Entertaining nonetheless. They've shown that even mindless Kabane can actually learn and develop, so it should also make it apparent to everyone else that the Kabaneri have a greater control of their own faculties.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 6, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
danieltortoisee said:
Er, how on earth is Kurusu not dead from being stabbed like that?

He wasn't really stabbed in anything vital
May 6, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Really good episode, The action scenes were gruesome as always, Love it.

Some of the people in this train are so pedestrian that they really annoy me with their prejudice against the Kabaneri, Actually felt happy when some of them got killed by the Kabane.

The dual wield Wazatori was awesome, Those nimble movements were really cool, It got taken down quite fast by Ikoma though.
The Blood contract scene was nice.

Looks like the main Koutetsujou group was finally formed, Was pretty relieved when they accepted the Kabaneri's help, Hopefully this tones down the prejudice against them.
May 6, 2016 9:49 AM

Jan 2015
Epic episode and action

I want more gore
May 6, 2016 10:01 AM
Oct 2012
8.48 rating is too high for the show.

Should be around 7-7.5
May 6, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
Chayapongms said:
8.48 rating is too high for the show.

Should be around 7-7.5

And who are you to decide that exactly? Just genuinely asking
May 6, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2015
To those who gave this series a 10/10, I can't blame you. I can talk about how great the music, action, etc is but, I think the characters are also very on point.

Even minor characters like Takumi and Sukari are given screen time to flex out their potential. Then, there's the main characters who are strong mentally and physically, yet they continue to develop and grow even further as the series progresses. And oh boy, how wrong I was when I thought Ayame was going to be a weak character in episode 1.
May 6, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Saiborg said:
To those who gave this series a 10/10, I can't blame you. I can talk about how great the music, action, etc is but, I think the characters are also very on point.

Even minor characters like Takumi and Sukari are given screen time to flex out their potential. Then, there's the main characters who are strong mentally and physically, yet they continue to develop and grow even further as the series progresses. And oh boy, how wrong I was when I thought Ayame was going to be a weak character in episode 1.

I always saw Ayame's potential. IT was there in bits even when she was questioning what her father had told her about protecting the peace. Glad to see that wasn't just hopeful thinking~
May 6, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Mumei and Ikoma are so badass
May 6, 2016 10:18 AM
Jan 2016
Another piece of retarded thinking came out in this episode. That group of idiots said that they should move for a road, that Ayame claims that is vast of hills and the possibilities of any Kabane attack will be majors than if they go for the other road. But no, we're gonna go by this road because it's the shortest road to their destiny. And what happend? Exactly what Ayame advised. !FUCK LOGIC!

And I thought this was about a zombie apocalypse, but now it's shown that they need blood for recharging energy. What is ths now? Pseudo-vampires?.

And of course, we know now that there are differnt kinds of Kabanes. Obvious reference to Attack on Titan.

This show turns more and more retarded with each episode released.
PedroBV96May 6, 2016 2:47 PM
May 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2008
PedroBV96 said:
Another piece of retarded thinking came out in this episode. That group of idiots said that they should move for a road, that Ayame claims that is vast of hills and the possibilities of any Kabane attack will be majors than if they go for the other road. But no, we're gonna go by this road because it's the shortest road to their destiny. And what happend? Exactly what Ayame advised. !FUCK LOGIC!

And I thought this was about a zombie apocalypse, but now it's shown that they needs blood for recharging energy. What is ths now? Pseudo-vampires?.

And of course, we know now that there differnt kinds of Kabanes. Obvious reference to Attack on Titan.

different types of enemies is not something attack on Titan patented you know. Stop being childish.
May 6, 2016 10:32 AM
Jan 2016
Darklight0303 said:
PedroBV96 said:

And I thought this was about a zombie apocalypse, but now it's shown that they needs blood for recharging energy. What is ths now? Pseudo-vampires?.

And of course, we know now that there differnt kinds of Kabanes. Obvious reference to Attack on Titan.

different types of enemies is not something attack on Titan patented you know. Stop being childish.
Sure, because in Attack on Titan we don't have the normal Titans, and the ABNORMAL titans, which are more cunning and hard to evade than the normals (Episode #5).
And of course, those who can invoke a titan's body like Annie don't count as enemies.
PedroBV96May 6, 2016 10:47 AM
May 6, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
sn3akyk1d said:
zal said:
Yes, for most people it is the anime of the season, for now.

Why? The characters are generic and lack depth (angry green skin, angry kaneberi racist, mikasa, stupid girl in charge), the story seems like a ripoff and the actions of the characters so far have been unbelievable and illogical. Some of the scenes make absolutely no sense, on the train why did they have to stop travelling when in the tunnels when there was clearly at least walking room, why would the keys to an obviously very valuable train be given to random mob member to run instead of the daughter of one of the towns. Also in the latest episode the animation which was previously pretty good dropped a fair amount, I can't understand why this is so highly rated.

The characters are perfectly alright, it's not like we're swimming in deep multifaceted and dynamic individuals in anime so I think you're asking too much of an action show. This isn't trying to be the next Ghost in the shell, it's trying to be an epic action ride and so that's the standard you will hold it to.

The story is pretty typical for any action, fighting, survival show, AoT doesn't have a monopoly on a group of people fighting monsters to save their lives.

Everything isn't a 100% consistent but calling the show "unbelievable and illogical" is a bit rich from someone who rated Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari and FMA:B 9/10 because those shows certainly doesn't require a good chunk of suspension of disbelief at all.
Speaking of being illogical, you seem to have rated several shows/films that haven't even been released yet. I suppose you're one of those that make up your mind beforehand and then rationalize your position as an afterthought, that does seem to be a common theme among critics of this show.

Reality check: we are 4 episodes in and the show isn't perfect, but calling it bad before we're even halfway through is rash. The show hasn't been bad so far.
May 6, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2015
PedroBV96 said:

It still got ways to go before it catches up to your level of retardation though.

Those elders were scared and wanted to take the risk of an attack to arrive sooner. What, can't an anime show people making incorrect decisions anymore without the whole show being branded retarded?

In the first episode of FMA:B (your personal 9/10) many people mistake Alphonso as the famous fullmetal alchemist even though that is 'gasp' incorrect, what a stupid fucking show that entire series is simply because of a portrayal of that believable mistake -or not.

You thought this was about zombies despite there never being such a claim from the writers? I guess you were wrong, end of story.

No it's an OBVIOUS reference to Lord of the rings in which there are several different types of Orchs. How can you not see that?

This show is a bit stupid but the retarded rubbish that pass for critique in these threads is a whole other level of failed brain processing.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.