Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2016 3:54 PM
Feb 2016
This episode was tense from the beginning to the end:
1 - Ayame almost got bitten by Ikoma
2 - New Type of Kabane
3 - The attempt coup d'etat of the 6 houses (which failed miserably in the end)
5 - Kurusu got f'd by that dual wielding Kabane
6 - Ikoma did not get killed for accepting Ayame's blood

This is really beginning to turn into it's own story venturing further and further away from it's AOT base, I'm really loving this anime.

I'm so hooked up that I usually watch each episode twice - first once the new episode drop's and second on the day after the see some details.
May 5, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2008
Jarjaxle said:
MeowingtonsHax said:
I'm glad these people are dead

Would have been perfect if that had been all members of that gang

Hey look at it this way. They solved the food problem from last episode. Less worthless mouths to feed
May 5, 2016 4:00 PM

Feb 2015
Well those fights were bad ass, with the fight with Ikoma and the wazatori would have lasted longer though
May 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2014
I knew that there was gonna be some spin to the cooldown the kabaneri get, but i didnt expect blood to be the cooldown reseter. Finally the others on the train are slowly accepting ikoma and mumei. The princess got badass after being toyed around with. Samurai-kun is willing to donate blood, DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Another great episode, i enjoy this far better than i enjoyed AoT, looking forward to the next ones :)!
May 5, 2016 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
Rokkon Shojo!!

It looks like all the cowards were killed.

Kurusu got stabbed through the body and survived.

Ayame cut her wrist to give Ikoma a blood boost to defeat Samurai Kabaneri.

Mumei took a nap.

Fun episode.

5/5
May 5, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
If only those paranoid people trusted Ikoma and Mumei from the start, then they'd still be alive. This episode was pretty intense, and the action was quite impressive, I really liked the fight choreography and the different camera angles. I like how the Wazatori served as an example that these creatures are capable of learning skills beyond running around and eating people.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 2016 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Jarjaxle said:

Would have been perfect if that had been all members of that gang

Hey look at it this way. They solved the food problem from last episode. Less worthless mouths to feed

Especially these 2 in the picture...most worthless of any who are in the train
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 5, 2016 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
Ayame's born a natural leader. It was nice to see everyone stepping up and volunteering their own blood for Ikoma and Mumei. What really got me was when Ayame said she would use her own blood for the two. What a great girl.

I loved Mumei x Kajika vibes going on.

I'm all aboard this ship including Ikoma x Ayame.

May 5, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
Are the japanese all wussy, pathetic people? How come most of their characters in their (contemporary) culture are so meek? The princess girl and the driver get ordered around even though they have absolute power, especially the driver girl can just say FU all, I'm the only one who can drive and I'll drive where I want (i.e. where the princess wants). She's untouchable.

The protagonist is a bit of a wuss, too, but still better than in 95% of other anime so I guess there's at least that. I hope this gets better, the first episode was really good.
May 5, 2016 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
Fun episode. The writing doesn't bothers me anymore,as corny as it is, mostly because I already made peace of mind it is bad. More importanly, the virus thing has keep consistent. Do at least one thing right WIT studio, please.

This scene is so good! It reminded me of a similar Seras x Integra scene on Hellsing Ultimate.

ThieveryMay 5, 2016 4:40 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 5, 2016 4:18 PM

May 2015
Shounen power-up FTW, at least wasn't as bad as the previous episodes but the plot conveniences are still too evident.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
Really enjoyed the action and artwork, also had a pretty good OST
May 5, 2016 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
I love the amount of tension this show has. I'm always really into every episode that I watch and I haven't been disappointed yet since there's so much awesome shit going on. If anything, my only problem is Mumei who's annoying sometimes but luckily she's not too bad.

Pretty good development overall too. Hoping this show continues to satisfy me.
May 5, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
zal said:
Shounen power-up FTW

Which one? I think is something I allowed to pass up mainly because I gave up on criticizing this show (well, the plot conveniences were obvious, I didn't need to focus to get those)
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 5, 2016 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. That Wazatori learning how to fight with a sword through experience is scary. Not even Kurusu is a match.
Ayame sharing her blood with Ikoma. Cool to see him take out the Wazatori with that piercing gun.
Looks like more people are beginning to trust Ikoma & Mumei.
Some great OST used in this episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 5, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2012
Can't say I approved of Ayame giving up her position so easily, but smart girl for forming a "contract" with Ikoma to fight for her at the crucial moment.

To be honest though, this felt like a weak episode compared to that past few. Oh, and the sudden changes with the people's opinion on Mumei and Ikoma in the other cart, minus those stooges who took control of the train, felt so sudden. Mr. Samurai guy still seems reluctant so that's seems normal enough compared to them.

May 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode . Loving the kabane diversity . We got sword dual weilding zombie lol . Wonder what they have in store for next encounter . That scene were they jumped on the train from above . So they aren't some standard zombies we see in movies . They are slow , but when they want to attack, they rush furiously at their victims in their line of sight .
May 5, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2013
This better be the end of this stupid "let's throw 'em off the train" angry mob bullshit conflict subplot. I don't give a shit if any of you asshats want to argue that it's "realistic" behavior, fuck that, all that matters is that it's annoying as shit to watch.
May 5, 2016 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode. Highlights for me were the awesome sword fight between the samurai dude and the Kirito kabane wannabe and the beautiful scenery, especially at the end. I'm liking the fact Ayane seems to be already showing growth and I'm hoping to see more from the main duo, too.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2008
zal said:
Shounen power-up FTW, at least wasn't as bad as the previous episodes but the plot conveniences are still too evident.

It wasn't a powerup. He was fighting while starving up to that point and he just employed what he learned the hard way from Mumei. It was anything BUT a shounen powerup. =_+
May 5, 2016 4:42 PM
Oct 2015
So i figured out from this post that the Wazatori are the big ass kabane, but did they explain that in the episode? Or was I too distracted and missed the explanation

Edit: Answered ^^
LostBeyondMay 5, 2016 4:52 PM
May 5, 2016 4:45 PM

May 2012
That blood offering scene was beautiful.
May 5, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2008
LostBeyond said:
So i figured out from this post that the Wazatori are the big ass kabane, but did they explain that in the episode? Or was I too distracted and missed the explanation

Mumei explained it to Ikoma
May 5, 2016 4:46 PM

Oct 2014
LostBeyond said:

Wazatori are Kabane's that had learned something or have experience with something. Think "The excuse to give powerups to Kabanes". At least it gives variety to Kabanes. This is the first tme they are mentioned or showed.

May 5, 2016 4:48 PM
Oct 2015
Darklight0303 said:
LostBeyond said:

Mumei explained it to Ikoma

Thanks, I definitely wasn't paying well enough attention ^_^;
May 5, 2016 4:49 PM

Sep 2009
LostBeyond said:

It was. As professional warrior turned kabane they can still use their fighting skills. Like instinct.
May 5, 2016 4:50 PM

May 2013
So Ikoma has no time limits while Mumei can't fight for more than five minutes?
It's because he's more kabane than her?

There were a lot of still images in this episode.

It seems that this was the end of the first part of the story.
May 5, 2016 4:50 PM
Oct 2015
KoreaWS said:
LostBeyond said:

Wazatori are Kabane's that had learned something or have experience with something. Think "The excuse to give powerups to Kabanes". At least it gives variety to Kabanes. This is the first tme they are mentioned or showed.

Oh cool thanks :) I usually pay more attention but obviously missed that part
May 5, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
enjoyable episode, the action scenes were pretty good, so they dont have any free time to rest.

i'm the only one who thinks the next city was taken by kabanes ?
May 5, 2016 4:51 PM

May 2015
@Darklight0303 @KoreaWS
Yeah sure, being beaten by Mumei thought him how to fight, please. It's like when Natsu eats fire, even if he was exhausted he is full of energies again, not necessarily more powerful than before the start of the fight but it is still a power-up. A little of blood reinvigorated him SO much to beat that kabane able to dodge bullets, it seems that even if he was starving he didn't need that much to eat.
zalMay 5, 2016 5:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2015
Really good episode, this shows soundtrack is amazing.
May 5, 2016 5:09 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
It was actually a good thing those Kabane invaded the train, otherwise those annoying guys who took the master key wouldn't be killed and Kabaneri still wouldn't be trusted.

....not to mention Kurusu got stabbed by that swordsman Kabane, serves him right for being an asshole for the past three episodes

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 5, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:

It was. As professional warrior turned kabane they can still use their fighting skills. Like instinct.

That's never implied. They might come up with that in the next episodes.

@zal you saw that as a powerup? It's part of the choreography, Ikoma got him from behind while the big guy was distracted with the samurai, who stabbed him in the guts. With the boss of the episode unarmed, Ikoma proceeded to knock him down with a simple technique (A judo flip that Mumei could had taught him while training) and went for the kill. I don't see a powerup, just, once again, conveniences and lack of foreshadowing (we could had seen Mumei teaching him the flip).
The blood element, up until this moment, only has been shown as a psychological stabilizer too. A painkiller if you will. Never has been implied that has power-up capacities. Ikoma has always shown the same level of strenght, and I think saying that is going too far.

May 5, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
Wouldn't it just be hilarious if a Titan Kabane appeared next episode. Then the AoT similarities would sky rocket in the comment section .
All in all i do hope there are even stronger Kabane out there to make the series even more exciting .
May 5, 2016 5:23 PM

May 2015
@KoreaWS
Do you call that training? She just beat his ass.
From not being able to walk to full power thanks to some drops of blood is pretty much a power-up even if he is not physically stronger than the previous day.
Also whenever Ikoma is involved strangely the kabane lose their superhuman strength and become slow as a snail (ep 1 too). Where was the incredible agility displayed against the samurai? Meh.

Jan 2008
I don't like Kurusu but props to him, he was pretty bad ass with the sword, still wondering how he's gonna get that sword in the opening. Still love Mumei's acrobatic style combat the best though.

Glad majority of the douche bags died.

Apr 2012
Longest tutorial ever, plz update :v
May 5, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2008
PurifierSP said:
Wouldn't it just be hilarious if a Titan Kabane appeared next episode. Then the AoT similarities would sky rocket in the comment section .
All in all i do hope there are even stronger Kabane out there to make the series even more exciting .

yeah no it wouldn't be. 5 or more meter tall Kabane are just no =_=
May 5, 2016 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
zal said:
@KoreaWS
From not being able to walk to full power thanks to some drops of blood is pretty much a power-up even if he is not physically stronger than the previous day.
Also whenever Ikoma is involved strangely the kabane lose their superhuman strength and become slow as a snail (ep 1 too). Where was the incredible agility displayed against the samurai? Meh.

If you mean the Wazatori, he drank blood in liters before the fight with Kurusu. Same with the slow-fast kabane - they became fast when/after they started attacking people in the station.
May 5, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
@zal
yeah, it is called sparring. Have you trained any martial art before? I used to get my ass kicked on Judo because I didn't knew anything about it and my sparring partners were better at it. Nevertheless, that didn't stopped me from learning, or them from teaching me.

It is no different from a hungry character asking for food because he is hungry. It is only that, hunger. I disagree with you on that point.

The rest, yeah, I agree.

zellami said:
If you mean the Wazatori, he drank blood in liters before the fight with Kurusu. Same with the slow-fast kabane - they became fast when/after they started attacking people in the station.

If this is a legit fact I've seriously never noticed it. It still doesn't explains why the Wazatori slowed down when Ikoma came, unless the impalement of a pipe made him weaker or, for some reason, distracted him.

May 5, 2016 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
Ikoma went from 0 to a hunnid, real quick.

Seriously, though. He went from weaping to having badass will-to-kill determination. It's good to have his goal mindset back from when he lost his sister so his will to fight is stronger. Even when Mumei thought he would back down from her taking a sleep, he was determined.

Great episode, as usual!
May 5, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2015
zellami said:
zal said:
@KoreaWS

No I mean Ikoma that was dragging himself, drank some drops of blood and BAM shounen magic in action.
And the Wazatori that had a good fight with Kurusu and displayed great agility in avoiding the bullets became immobile and waiting for Ikoma to kill him. In episode one the kabane stays on him and moves the hands around in the air and all it can do is biting his arm? Meh

@KoreaWS
I practised judo for quite some time but still I didn't learn from receiving the techniques but practising them on others.
Hunger at the level that he drags himself on the roof.
May 5, 2016 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
KoreaWS said:
@zal
yeah, it is called sparring. Have you trained any martial art before? I used to get my ass kicked on Judo because I didn't knew anything about it and my sparring partners were better at it. Nevertheless, that didn't stopped me from learning, or them from teaching me.

It is no different from a hungry character asking for food because he is hungry. It is only that, hunger. I disagree with you on that point.

The rest, yeah, I agree.

zellami said:

If this is a legit fact I've seriously never noticed it. It still doesn't explains why the Wazatori slowed down when Ikoma came, unless the impalement of a pipe made him weaker or, for some reason, distracted him.

I think the kabane also lose steam, way quicker than Kabaneri, this is why they seek human blood so insistently.

The Wazatori guy faced Kurusu, lost it to oujo-sama's virgin blood, I don't think Ikoma could be credited in terms of battle skills or more than his usual (albeit new power). The gun was the only difference here, oujo-sama's blood helped him cool off the kabane heart.
May 5, 2016 5:40 PM

Feb 2008
I think some people are going overboard on the whole AOT similarities non sense.

Yes, there are similarities, who cares. A ton of anime has similar plot lines. Tons of movies have similar plot lines. Tons of shows have similar plot lines.

Did I think it was similar to AOT? Ya most certainly, on the very first episode I felt that way. In some portions it even reminded me of Trigun (the art, environment, and even some characters). However, the similarities are actually pretty minor. What about all it's differences? There is a whole lot more of that than there is similarities.

I think it's fine to mention these similarities, but why go on and on about it? All that matters is if the anime is good or not. In this case it's very good lol. So far.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 5, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2015
There has never been a dull moment so far, it's either drama or literally fighting for your life. This show would do good to take a little more time to just world-build and have some of the characters interact with one another a bit more. They could skip that wig-wearing yankee engineer while they're at it, Mumei is all the comic relief we need.

Action scenes are well thought out but they're obviously a toll to animate which shows. This episode has the most stills so far hasn't it, along with some awkward movements.

The art is as gorgeous as ever of course but it's high time to add some depth to this fast-paced show, hope the writers thought of that between the epic set-piece battles.

There are still plenty of memorable moments and great shots.

May 5, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
@zal cool, but that is beside the point. I tried to emphatize the sparring part, since Mumei wanted Ikoma to protect her when she were on cooldown. It is a stretch, however, to imagine that she teached him a basic technique such as pushing then putting your foot to make the other lose balance since, once again, the anime never showed anything about that.

Regarding the dragging, he was on a kneeling position because they were crossing a tunnel. It is already shown that they have to kneel on those sections. About the hunger,we have the veins crossing his face and his scream. It shows something is off about him. How about hunger? We know that blood keeps them sane, it's not a powerup as it is a safe countermeasure.

May 5, 2016 5:55 PM
Apr 2016
Very nice episode! The music was also very good too.
i just hope ikoma doesn't turn out a crying baby like eren
May 5, 2016 5:58 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Also agreeing that the music was very well done this episode! The animation was spot on.....really loving the fight on top of the rail cars while traveling through the tunnels. Good stuff.....especially the steam powered bow.....9/10
May 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
The good thing now is that the conspirators are all dead, and the other annoying guys looked like idiots. At the same time, they still had a good point, since food and supplies were playing against time. Well, they'll have less mouth to feed.

Princess slicing her wrist was kinda hilarious. She could have chose a better place to cut herself than her fucking wrist. Or maybe she was trying to kill herself, after all, there such in a desperate situation. But hey, she rocked it with that bow.

That samurai guy has gone up in my esteem. He got dem awesome moves. Well, everyone who had some fighting bits were pretty darn badass.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 5, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2010
This episode was great and now I think I am finally sold for this anime being really great.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.