Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yes or no?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 2, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
I feel like this isn't really a black and white "Yes/No" question. Probability wise? I would probably not date a pregnant woman (impregnated by someone i didn't know). However, you never really know what is going to happen in life so... would i say it would be impossible for it to happen? No. Its certainly POSSIBLE that i might end up dating a pregnant woman sometime in my life. Its also POSSIBLE that i'd get struck by lightning.

FrozenWhiskers said:
I dont really get why anyone wouldnt
Im a girl so i cant really understand the point of view of a man but i think that excuse of "no, because the child is not mine" is very selfish. What if the girl is very nice and sweet?

If she was the nicest, sweetest person in the world, i'd certainly keep an open mind about it. However i tend to look at things from a more practical perspective and i certainly wouldn't dive into such a complicated relationship without being absolutely sure something like that would work out. Its also a matter of resources, Do i have the income to support myself? Do i have the income to support a SO + 1? If not, then i have no business dating a pregnant woman. There is also the responsibility of taking care of a child, which is hard enough even when it is your own child.
FontSize72LOLMay 2, 2016 6:26 PM
May 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2016
If (I was a man and) I loved her or liked her, it wouldn't matter, unless she got herself pregnant on purpose to fuck with the other dude or something because then she would just be a screwed up person not worth it. So I guess it would depend on the circumstances.

But looking at this thread no wonder there are so many children still in foster care...

xrockxz89 said:
98.3% chance i would not, just cause that would be crazy, to take on a woman's firstborn child by another man. Who would do that?!?

But I'd date a woman with a child, theoretically yeah NP ^_^

A lot of men do....

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 2, 2016 6:46 PM

Apr 2015
Why would I? Why should I? Unless I'm the father.
#CHEXIT
May 2, 2016 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
I have a fetish for having sex with a pregnant women, so yes.
May 2, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
absolutely not

no

never

negative

nah

nay

under no circumstances

no way Jose
May 2, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
Not that likely to happen. It would be awkard.
May 2, 2016 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
nope it be hard to take care of woman about to give birth
May 2, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2013
Jelmazmo said:
If (I was a man and) I loved her or liked her, it wouldn't matter, unless she got herself pregnant on purpose to fuck with the other dude or something because then she would just be a screwed up person not worth it. So I guess it would depend on the circumstances.

But looking at this thread no wonder there are so many children still in foster care...

xrockxz89 said:
98.3% chance i would not, just cause that would be crazy, to take on a woman's firstborn child by another man. Who would do that?!?

A lot of men do....
Jelmazmo said:

xrockxz89 said:

A lot of men do....

well chances are it would be a fucked up situation, however this is all hypothetical, of course you could potentially find love in any situation.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 2, 2016 8:24 PM

Apr 2016
xrockxz89 said:

well chances are it would be a fucked up situation, however this is all hypothetical, of course you could potentially find love in any situation.

And what is "fucked up" to you? Because I don't think merely being pregnant is a problem...

May 2, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2013
Jelmazmo said:
xrockxz89 said:

And what is "fucked up" to you? Because I don't think merely being pregnant is a problem...

i mean that's classically fucked up... if a guy gets a girl pregnant, then leaves her. Like, uh oh.

I'm not saying i'd abandon her. Maybe best to just be there for a girl at a time like that.
xMizu_May 2, 2016 8:41 PM
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 2, 2016 8:35 PM

May 2015
You guys are overthinking this. Dating =/= marriage. A pregnant girl is still a person and isn't necessarily going to force deeper meaning into dates just because she's pregnant. Also, girls are horny when they're pregnant and it's super easy to make them orgasm like crazy.
May 2, 2016 8:52 PM
Mar 2016
NeoVolt said:
Also, girls are horny when they're pregnant and it's super easy to make them orgasm like crazy.
this guy has his priorities in order, everyone, take note
May 2, 2016 8:59 PM

Apr 2016
NeoVolt said:
You guys are overthinking this. Dating =/= marriage. A pregnant girl is still a person and isn't necessarily going to force deeper meaning into dates just because she's pregnant. Also, girls are horny when they're pregnant and it's super easy to make them orgasm like crazy.

I couldn't stop laughing reading this and I'm not entirely sure why. haha

+1

xrockxz89 said:

i mean that's classically fucked up... if a guy gets a girl pregnant, then leaves her. Like, uh oh.

I'm not saying i'd abandon her. Maybe best to just be there for a girl at a time like that.

Ah, okay, okay. I thought you meant something else by the "well chances are it would be a fucked up situation" part.

May 2, 2016 9:44 PM
May 2016
Yes, I would.

Sure, I realize she didn't become impregnated by me, but if I loved her—I truly accepted her and all her flaws, her problems; her very likeness—I would show it with actions: Taking care of her and her child (and/or children). I would feel so lucky that there is someone out there, wanting to spend the rest of their life with me. Me, of all people. A guy who goes on forums and only has internet friends.

But......if she cheats on me while we're together—let's just say that I won't allow my life to become a Netorare Fantasy.
May 2, 2016 10:47 PM

Feb 2015
This thread was a magnificently subtle way of detecting cucks.

Of course I wouldn't, because:
nibiko said:
Any girl that would just get pregnant like that would not be the type of person I would be looking for a relationship with
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 3, 2016 8:03 AM

Feb 2014
No. That's just weird. I would suggest abortion if it's still early enough, but I still don't like that option.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 3, 2016 8:18 AM

Feb 2016
No. I'd have to know her prior and even then I'd be iffy.

I don't really do dates as it is, plus I don't want kids ~_~ So... accepting someone with kids...

Plus I'd worry (assuming that pregnancy is natural and not from implement) a bit about their views. Could of been some woman who did it and got pregnant purposely to lockdown the man but it backfired. I don't really want someone with that mentality. Plus, I'm not after sex. I'd wait for marriage or at least a long faithful relationship has to be formed.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 3, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2014
What if I am a pregnant girl?
Would that mean I can date myself?
May 3, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
maybe depending if i liked her.. and her backstory ..and stuff ....wait.. wat.. O.0 wat did i just say am still to young to be thinking about pregnant girls .. oh... wait ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wait .. how old is this pregnant girl ? .. date.. maybe/sure... marry?? idk....

NeoVolt said:
girls are horny when they're pregnant and it's super easy to make them orgasm like crazy.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) well u learn somthing everyday ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheDiabolicEsperMay 3, 2016 11:24 AM

May 3, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
Gut reactions says no.

But there are a lot of factors to take account of. How long has she been pregnant, what's the relation with the supposed father, what's her financial future looking like, all that on top of the normal relationship factors.

So while it is a longshot that I personally would say yes, 97% of the time I'd probably say no.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 3, 2016 5:06 PM

May 2016
If she had the ability to support herself financially and I was head over heels in love with her I would consider it. But in most cases, no.
May 3, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Hell yeah! Pregnant bellies are my number 1 fetish!
May 3, 2016 6:13 PM
Mar 2016
Waifu_Strangler said:
Hell yeah! Pregnant bellies are my number 1 fetish!
right on man, let's pick up some pregnant girls at the club!
May 3, 2016 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
Not a chance in hell, because there will always be that psychological barrier and you can't give 100% to her
May 3, 2016 11:35 PM

Nov 2012
oh nononononoonono

I want to take qties virginity

May 3, 2016 11:49 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I would have no problem to date a woman who is pregnant. If the date will turn into something more I would accept the foreign child, too.
May 4, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
(Update)

You know, I've been actually rethinking this whole situation.
First time i was thinking about it, the anwser "no" would be the most fitting, but If You think about it more, than You might ask Yourself is it ok to say her definitive "no" to her, maybe she isn't that bad person after all.
Of course what she have done was bad, but everyone makes bad decisions. If I would say her no, and leave, I would have feel really bad about leaving it like so.
What i would do now, is actually also saying "no" but untill the child is born and able to understand his/her family situation, IF i would find that girl somewhat attractive.

Until then I would try beeing best friends, helping her out in a difficult moments. Not all the times, because point of this is to see how much does she try to give good life to that child. If she is doing bad than I wouldn't see her as a partner because heck, if she can't raise this child, than she wouldn't be able to rasie mine dammit xD, but if i would see that she is giving the best she can, than I guess i would find it attractive :P In the meantime I would also look for other girls, because here we are talking about yeaars of beeing friends, and i wouldn't dedicated my life to someone i would be unsure of.
If she would find someone, than great! I would feel reliefed that i helped her out and +1 for my good grief meter :3
If i would find someone, i would still try to hold up contact with her so that maybe, maybe in the far future, if i wouldn't get along, we could start closer relationship :P

If either of those happend, than I would take into account how am i going along with that child. It is a really important factor for me. Because if i don't, that me dating her mother and he/she hating me would be really bad idea. But If we both get along, and he/she doesn't mind me beeing in close relationship with her mother, than finally i would date her.

Taking those into account it still can be considered same "no" as before, but here it is more visible that the chances of it happen are really small.
May 4, 2016 7:08 AM

Dec 2015
Probably not because I hate kids but I still keep in mind the wise words my uncle once told me.....

Just because she's pregnant doesn't mean you can't do it.... It just means she's experienced
May 4, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2014
I'm a girl and I understand that boys would give an immediate "NO" when asked this especially if the question is presented in that way. :P

But OP could try to give a more specific situation like say:

What if you're dating a gorgeous woman (you've known her for years and liked for the longest time because she's perfect for you in looks and personality) for 2 months―she's already pregnant but isn't showing yet. She loves you and you love her too. But then she just finds out that she actually got pregnant from an ex or some other guy she was with before dating you but she doesn't wanna get rid of it because she doesn't believe in abortion.

They might actually stop and consider things first before spouting their (exaggerated) disgust as if that situation is the most ridiculous thing in the world. xP

Also this situation isn't uncommon. It's similar to that of a guy dating a woman who already has a child from another guy except that the kid isn't born yet and that's already a common occurrence everywhere.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 4, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2012
Unless the father has presented reasons for me to say NO, I don't see why not. Seeing as if I'm already in the position to think about the answer to this question, I'm already too far gone in terms of how I feel towards this pregnant woman.

So, unless the father is crazy and is in jail and out to get her and the child, then I don't see why not. I was raised by my step-dad ever since I was 4 so I guess paternal bonds don't really need to be from your real dad as long as a father figure is there.
May 4, 2016 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
No, kids are kind of a deal breaker for me
May 4, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
raenydays said:
What if you're dating a gorgeous woman (you've known her for years and liked for the longest time because she's perfect for you in looks and personality) for 2 months―she's already pregnant but isn't showing yet. She loves you and you love her too. But then she just finds out that she actually got pregnant from an ex or some other guy she was with before dating you

Stop right there. You're assuming that the guy in question has liked a woman and continued to pursue her while she's been dating other men (and possibly for years too). That's ridiculous.

raenydays said:
But then she just finds out that she actually got pregnant from an ex or some other guy she was with before dating you but she doesn't wanna get rid of it because she doesn't believe in abortion.

I'd try to help her get back with that guy and look elsewhere for someone whom I can have a healthy relationship with.

May 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
could she take care of the baby on her own? is she about to be a single mother based on a conscious decision or did something unfortunate happen? if not, does she frequently act so irresponsibly?

I don't have an issue with dating someone with a child, but I don't like stupid people.
May 4, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Caelidesu said:
Stop right there. You're assuming that the guy in question has liked a woman and continued to pursue her while she's been dating other men (and possibly for years too). That's ridiculous.

"What if―" so I was assuming. I was giving an example scenario...? o_o

nibiko said:
no, that is completely different. If someone already has a kid then that means they know how to take care of it, don't need your help and stuff. However if the woman is pregnant and you were dating her, it'd just end up rushing your relationship, where you would have to start feeling like a married couple. And then you'd watch the birth, which honestly is a very personal thing and no one could feel genuinely personal and attached to someone after such a short amount of time. And then after the kid is born it would seriously put a strain on your relationship, and having not developed much of a relationship at that point, (most likely) your relationship would start to fall apart.

How is it "completely different"? It's still basically another human being, the only difference is one is in the open and the other is still inside another person's uterus.

Also it is true that it's common for people to date women even if they are pregnant with another guy's child OR with women who already have kids. Obviously you're not gonna be one of those judging from your reply but it is true that other people do that.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 4, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2015
Hentai says yes, brain says no. I'll stick with the latter for now.
May 4, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2014
Probably not, but it depends of course. Love, lust or infatuation isn't a fickle thing.
May 4, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2014
>Wanting to raise Chad's child
Lolnope
May 4, 2016 2:19 PM
May 2016
Truth be told, my answer is a "maybe".

Since first things first, my life needs to be stabilized enough before I add a new challenge to it.

So maybe, I might once my life becomes balanced enough and I can hold my own pretty well.
May 4, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2015
odd how dating a woman with a child and one with a fetus are completely different situations but yeah, Id date one with a child or two but now an unborn
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 4, 2016 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Yes I would but only if she was getting an abortion like straight way, hell if she's got a coathanger I'd do it for free

May 4, 2016 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
So much work ... especially if it isn't my own baby
良い曲 // アスカ名言

ママ、ママ、わかったわ。ATフィールドの意味!!私を護っていてくれてる!私を見てくれてる!!ずっと、ずっと一緒だったのね!ママッ!!

気持ち悪い
May 4, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
No because I'm heterosexual sorry :/
May 4, 2016 5:38 PM
Mar 2016
Dimethylanime said:
are you even when it comes to Hotaru?
May 4, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2013
Nope too much work especially at the start the relationship.
May 4, 2016 9:05 PM

Feb 2015
raenydays said:
Caelidesu said:

"What if―" so I was assuming. I was giving an example scenario...? o_o

I phrased that too confrontationally. Sorry about that.

The point I was making is that the example's premise is unrealistic, because no self-respecting man spends so long pursuing a woman who's already taken. Even if the man was in love with her at first, he'd move on and find someone else in that time. Either way, if I was in that example I wouldn't date her after finding out she had another man's child because I have too much self-respect for that, and that's how most people would sensibly react.

May 4, 2016 9:22 PM
May 2016
Fintan said:
The odds of this even happening are pretty slim. Like most pregnant chicks who don't have the father there will just be with their family until they give birth, or at the very least a guy they knew BEFORE being pregnant.

A much better question would be "would you date a person with kids", as that's actually pretty common of a thing to come up.

Quite true.

And also—wouldn't the (possible) emotional attachment to whoever the father is be 'in play'?

(I would say unless the baby's father is abusive to the woman, but even with that...)
May 5, 2016 4:03 AM

Jul 2015
Alcoholic-san said:
Dimethylanime said:
are you even when it comes to Hotaru?
Everybody needs a little hoetaru in their lives, that's all
May 6, 2016 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Don't want a child currently and not sure if I'd want one in the future either. So the answer would likely be no. I am awful with children when it comes to responsibility and discipline, it's difficult enough responsibly trying to adult as is.
May 6, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2012
Wow I'm really not a social justice warrior or feminist but these comments are disgusting. Y'all act like the woman is something you own and is something that only belongs to you.
if you both fall in love with each other but you won't pursue a relationship with her just because you want to feel superior over the other man that's just your own insecurity?
May 6, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2016
It depend if she allowed me to make a sandiwch with the baby :/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

17 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - Yesterday

17 by Lucifrost »»
21 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

14 by Zayvex »»
25 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

22 by Zayvex »»
46 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 11 hours ago

16 by DesuMaiden »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.