Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2016 2:16 PM

Nov 2013
Mumei should have killed the samurai. He only is a liability at the moment and will probably turn into a threat later in the show. He ignores everything he sees, like: if MC were a Kabane, why are Kabane still attacking him?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 29, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2015
KoreaWS said:
kamisama751 said:

How fast it spreads has nothing to do with how "big" the byte is. Additionally, the lifetime of the virus still applies. How are you going to explain that?

Why are you so sure that it has nothing to do with it, if the anime shows otherwise? I presented the proof, where's yours?

Why you still insist is a virus, if until now we only know its "not a curse", according to Ikoma, and a curse according to everyone else? Nice jump to conclusions.

I can't explain it. I only take the conclusions I can draw from what the show has presented until now, which in relation to this topic has been the most concise thing it has.

I dismissed the obvious bait, naturally. Funny you can be a cynic too :D
I assume it is a virus because that is what the anime presented, if something else will be presented then you can say it is not a virus.

The sister had a bigger injury than ikoma and closer to the head but she took longer to transform. For now the time necessary to transform doesn't seem coherent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2009
I like how this ep showed two ways of going about gaining trust. With the girls and women they just needed to see Mumei be all cute with kids and with the guys they needed to see Ikoma's resolve for not fighting back. But damn after all that effort that end happened. All their effort unravelled.

But really Mumei? That's not how you explain your need for blood, this kid gives zero fucks.

Ugh, Kurusu still being a dick.
Apr 29, 2016 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
zal said:
I assume it is a virus because that is what the anime presented, if something else will be presented then you can say it is not a virus.

The sister had a bigger injury than ikoma and closer to the head but she took longer to transform. For now the time necessary to transform doesn't seem coherent.

The thing is, what kind of virus gives you a hard coated heart on the real life? That's the main reason I don't consider it a "virus" in our terms. Everyone, except Ikoma, says it's a curse, even Mumei. Ikoma says it is not a curse because it has some kind of logic behind it, that is to aim at the brain (and because plot it worked, but plot convenience is not something I discuss because is obvious). Up until this point, I haven't seen a contradiction in it based on contextual evidence, and the moment I see one be sure I'll point it out (but meh, beign the only one believing it who's really gonna care).

There is a problem (another one) in the anime, a direction issue, how the situation is presented and from what perspective we are presented to it, something that other guy has convinced me is also a major flaw of the show. It fails at portray things in a way that doesn't feel stupid. For example, instead of portraying the people's hate in this show, it could had presented the inner thoughts of Ikoma, since he has to deal with beign now something that isn't human.

It also fails to tell how much time really passes, like with the sister flashback and the time it transforms. We know nothing about distances or time in it, but because it is a big bite, and considering the little sister is laying down, my bet is that she passed out and eventually "woke up", due to external stimuli (his brother putting the suicide bag over her chest). Since it's the only case we've been shown of a big chomp Kabane actually transforming, I'm waiting for more chapters to see how they can keep at least this with some logic.

Anyway, next episode apparently is infection inside the train. Chances are they will show more zombie transformation.

Also... do you have the same avatar as your youtube account? How many AnimeSnobs are there in Mal?

@kamisama751
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number
Using wikipedia to try to explain a fantasy setting. Nice try. Where can wikipedia explain the hard shell heart?
ThieveryApr 29, 2016 3:02 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 29, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2015
KoreaWS said:
zal said:

The thing is, what kind of virus gives you a hard coated heart on the real life? That's the main reason I don't consider it a "virus" in our terms. Everyone, except Ikoma, says it's a curse, even Mumei. Ikoma says it is not a curse because it has some kind of logic behind it, that is to aim at the brain (and because plot it worked, but plot convenience is not something I discuss because is obvious). Up until this point, I haven't seen a contradiction in it based on contextual evidence, and the moment I see one be sure I'll point it out (but meh, beign the only one believing it who's really gonna care).

There is a problem (another one) in the anime, a direction issue, how the situation is presented and from what perspective we are presented to it, something that other guy has convinced me is also a major flaw of the show. It fails at portray things in a way that doesn't feel stupid. For example, instead of portraying the people's hate in this show, it could had presented the inner thoughts of Ikoma, since he has to deal with beign now something that isn't human.

It also fails to tell how much time really passes, like with the sister flashback and the time it transforms. We know nothing about distances or time in it, but because it is a big bite, and considering the little sister is laying down, my bet is that she passed out and eventually "woke up", due to external stimuli (his brother putting the suicide bag over her chest). Since it's the only case we've been shown of a big chomp Kabane actually transforming, I'm waiting for more chapters to see how they can keep at least this with some logic.

Anyway, next episode apparently is infection inside the train. Chances are they will show more zombie transformation.

@kamisama751
Using wikipedia to try to explain a fantasy setting. Nice try. Where can wikipedia explain the hard shell heart?
For now it is a virus in the future could be something else, until that something else is presented most people are assuming it is a virus and base their reasoning on that.

That's a common issue with edgy anime, quite serious themes but shallow presentation because doing it seriously would be "boring".

It is simply plot convenience to have certain things at certain times but I don't have problems with that until it is coherent which knk is not that much.

I don't like previews they ruin the episode for me.

Someone in the previous episode discussions hypothesised it is the iron in the blood but that is unrealistic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

@kamisama751

Ikoma said it is science so I gave you a scientific answer. The heart protector can't be explained since a human body can't produce that much iron (or is it made out of another material? Need to check it.). Therefore it counts as a mistake (need to check it first). *smoothly pets my chin*

Now link me wikipedia article on how to stop virus by hanging urself please.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Apr 29, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2014
kamisama751 said:

Ikoma said it is science

No he hasn't. Why do you put ficional words on fictional characters? I still haven't seen that you get that burden of proof out of your shoulders. For a "person who arguments his opinions", you take them quite lightly and unseriously.

zal said:

For now it is a virus in the future could be something else, until that something else is presented most people are assuming it is a virus and base their reasoning on that.
That's a common issue with edgy anime, quite serious themes but shallow presentation because doing it seriously would be "boring".
It is simply plot convenience to have certain things at certain times but I don't have problems with that until it is coherent which knk is not that much.
Someone in the previous episode discussions hypothesised it is the iron in the blood but that is unrealistic.

Yeah, they screwed up the overall presentation too. A lot of people are writing essays about how it can and it can't be a virus and how much sense it does and all that, based precisely on the assuption it is a virus, and I'm on the middle ground because since they showed the special zombie breed of the show, I had to adapt to the show's logic. So far it's not a curse, and that's all.
ThieveryApr 29, 2016 3:20 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Apr 29, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
We're thinking way to much about the "virus or curse" question here. Really, whatever they call it in-lore is hardly relevant: we're talking 19th century science, or at least a 19th century interpretation of science. The Victorians believed you could cure a cold, by sticking a glowing needle in your ear. That's about the level we're at.

So, Imma stick with my 'necrotic venom' theory for now.

ColdBreeze said:
Of course Ayame could try it herself but if she can handle an half-kabane with "super-strength" alone I call bullshit too.

Well, I wouldn't say Ikoma is at his fittest at this time, not as a kabane, not as a kabaneri, and not as a human. I'm more concerned by that weird sexual tension going on, even when she's about to get bitten. That girl seems to have some weird fetishes.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 29, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2015
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Usually it is used for "entertainment" but in case of being bitten by a kabane you can use it t become a kabaneri.
KoreaWS said:
kamisama751 said:

Ikoma said it is science

No he hasn't. Why do you put ficional words on fictional characters? I still haven't seen that you get that burden of proof out of your shoulders. For a "person who arguments his opinions", you take them quite lightly and unseriously.

zal said:

Yeah, they screwed up the overall presentation too. A lot of people are writing essays about how it can and it can't be a virus and how much sense it does and all that, based precisely on the assumption it is a virus, and I'm on the middle ground because since they showed the special zombie breed of the show, I had to adapt to the show's logic. So far it's not a curse, and that's all.
Speculating is a nice thing to do sometimes. The biggest screw up was making Ikoma say "it is science" without the basis for saying so, that's the cause of the scientific backlash.
Apr 29, 2016 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
ColdBreeze said:
You could save all people if you strangle them.

This is gold.

Seriously though, we don't know that. Ikoma still needs to have something permanently in place, and I think it's fair to assume that Mumei also needs to limit the bloodflow, lest they succumb to their kabane instincts. You can't really put a kinky collar on everyone, it's just not available, and then there's the required aftercare.

What we know:
  • The kabane condition seems to originate from the heart, hence it the most protected part of a kabane too
  • Kabane have an enlarged jugular artery (stated E01)
  • The kabane's ferality seems to be associated with increased blood flow and heat (hence Mumei becoming feverish after fighting without her 'restraint', and Ikoma weakening quickly after losing blood)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 29, 2016 4:01 PM

Oct 2014
kamisama751 said:

KoreaWS said:

I still haven't see that you get that burden of proof out of your shoulders. For a "person who arguments his opinions", you take them quite lightly and unseriously.

The show should simply show us that it is not science. Otherwise I will continue using it. ;)

It already did, starting with the zombie breed. Care to take the arguments seriously now?

zal said:
Speculating is a nice thing to do sometimes. The biggest screw up was making Ikoma say "it is science" without the basis for saying so, that's the cause of the scientific backlash.

The thing is, not really. He didn't say it neither it is implied. He has applied the scientific method (observation>questions>hypothesis>experimentation>conclusions) to get some ideas of how things works. Since he can't really experiment, he gathers evidence from the trains that come to the station to further develop theories. That's why he can say with certainty that blocking the pass to the brain could stop the thing: is an informated speculation.

Trolls are just abusing the fact that people mix that method with science and inmediately jump to the idea that the logic of our world should explain the logic of the show's work instead of trying to see how the show's world works. The scientific method is a way to try to explain our surroundings, and Ikoma applied all he could apply of it to try to understand the Kabanes, something of his world.

If you simply see it as a way of trying to understand your particular world, then there's no real reason to believe it should be explained by our world's logic.
ThieveryApr 29, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2009
I'm guessing that's how Mumei became a kabaneri, by having her pregnant mother become a kabane.
Apr 29, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2015
KoreaWS said:
kamisama751 said:

The show should simply show us that it is not science. Otherwise I will continue using it. ;)

It already did, starting with the zombie breed. Care to take the arguments seriously now?

zal said:

The thing is, not really. He didn't say it neither it is implied. He has applied the scientific method (observation>questions>hypothesis>experimentation>conclusions) to get some ideas of how things works. Since he can't really experiment, he gathers evidence from the trains that come to the station to further develop theories. That's why he can say with certainty that blocking the pass to the brain could stop the thing: is an informated speculation.

Trolls are just abusing the fact that people mix that method with science and inmediately jump to the idea that the logic of our world should explain the logic of the show's work instead of trying to see how the show's world works. The scientific method is a way to try to explain our surroundings, and Ikoma applied all he could apply of it to try to understand the Kabanes, something of his world.

If you simply see it as a way of trying to understand your particular world, then there's no real reason to believe it should be explained by our world's logic.
About the part in bold I agree with who you call trolls. Or that phrase has some weight in the show or it is just thrown there because it is "cool". I think it is the second and I don't see any issue in making fun of this thing because it bothered me too.
Apr 29, 2016 4:48 PM

Nov 2015
Mumei is so cute with babies

Apr 29, 2016 4:58 PM
Jul 2014
tinybunnvevo said:
Ikoma's constant speeches on how he wants to kill the Kabane feel kind of cliche, but it's tolerable. Nice to see Ayame step up as a leader (ofc only to get her life threatened 5 fucking seconds later lmfao. this is going to go over great next episode. if ayame isn't on their side then who will defend them?)

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes it gets kind of annoying how in shows, people put in the trainer/leader position forget to mention important stuff, or just never explain themselves. I get that Mumei is very confident in herself, enough that she doesn't fear the people on the train, but she could have at least told Ikoma a little bit more about how his life was like while they were sparring. The fact that they need to subsist off of blood seems like an extremely important detail that's kind of hard to forget. I understand it was used as a plot device so things could get more complex but come on now, lmfao. This makes the samurai's defensiveness a little bit more understandable now. Annoying, but understandable.

I doubt Ayame will become a kabaneri. I just think this incident will cause more chaos.

3/5

I could not agree on you any more with this

"Ikoma's constant speeches on how he wants to kill the Kabane feel kind of cliche, but it's tolerable."

I hated AoT for this reason...starting loving this show....please tell me its just his phase.;..
Watashiwa!
Apr 29, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
idk if the question was already asked, but the girl said they are physically Kabane. So why they get attacked from other ones? Other Kabanes should see them as their kind...?!
Not the best anime this season.. lot of plotholes.. annoying ppl everywhere...

and idk why ppl still arguing with kamisama, its obviously a little lonely troll fu.... who needs some attention. He trolls nearly in every airing anime episode thread, like Re:Zero with his rant of the MCs "OPness" and his "random checkpoint" bullshit... Not even worth paying attention.

But hes right with the plotholes :P
NiQue_Apr 30, 2016 7:09 AM
Apr 29, 2016 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
I love SnK and I've liked Kabaneri so far, but people's constant need to compare two shows every fucking second makes me dislike both shows.
Apr 29, 2016 5:14 PM
Jan 2016
kamisama751 said:
By the way, the virus will just die if they don’t reach your brain in time, which they also contradicted here.
I'm rather curious why you keep clinging to this point when episode 2 showed Ikoma didn't really cure himself and episode 3 goes further to show he didn't stop the virus from infecting his brain.

All we really saw was that the strangling stopped the spread of purple skin, which we all assumed was a sign of the virus' progress, but it was just a symptom if you think about it. Ikoma's strangling affected a symptom, one which could be associated with blood flow, but it doesn't mean he did anything to the virus itself.

It's just really weird that you're complaining that his theory makes no sense, yet assume it's really what happened despite following events proving he was wrong and it's not actually what happened.
Apr 29, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2015
MysteriousBanana said:
kamisama751 said:
By the way, the virus will just die if they don’t reach your brain in time, which they also contradicted here.
I'm rather curious why you keep clinging to this point when episode 2 showed Ikoma didn't really cure himself and episode 3 goes further to show he didn't stop the virus from infecting his brain.

All we really saw was that the strangling stopped the spread of purple skin, which we all assumed was a sign of the virus' progress, but it was just a symptom if you think about it. Ikoma's strangling affected a symptom, one which could be associated with blood flow, but it doesn't mean he did anything to the virus itself.

It's just really weird that you're complaining that his theory makes no sense, yet assume it's really what happened despite following events proving he was wrong and it's not actually what happened.
Then why the symptom didn't get back when he stopped strangling himself?
Apr 29, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2009
phreeak said:
idk if the question was already asked, but the girl said they are physically Kabane. So why they get attacked from other ones? Other Kabanes should see them as their kind...?!
Not the best anime this season.. lot of plotholes.. annoying ppl everywhere...

and idk why ppl still arguing with kamisama, its obviously a little lonely troll fu.... who needs some attention. He trolls nearly in every airing anime episode thread, like Re:Zero with his rant of the MCs "OPness" and his "random checkpoint" bullshit... Not even worth pay attention.

But hes right with the plotholes :P

They can still explain everything. It's not a plothole til finished.
Apr 29, 2016 5:56 PM

Dec 2014
The show is getting a bit shonen-esque, what with all the flashbacks and one dimensional motives.

Gaelenmyr said:
I love SnK and I've liked Kabaneri so far, but people's constant need to compare two shows every fucking second makes me dislike both shows.

Sure it may seem like it's bad to compare two shows, but it's undeniable that the events of both shows basically perfectly parallel each other. I think it's fair to compare the two.

I was hoping that they wouldn't go full braindead battle shonen route, and instead work to fix the flaws that was found in SnK. After this episode though, I'm not so sure.

I'm not looking forward to this. It seems like the show will be a SnK copy paste with all of its flaws included. Damn shame, it had a pretty cool premise.
Apr 29, 2016 5:58 PM
Jan 2016
zal said:
MysteriousBanana said:

Kabane don't have purple skin either, just gray/pallid skin, so it's likely a symptom that only shows up on initial infection.

My theory is that it's related to their regenerative abilities: the skin's going purple because blood vesslers are rupturing from excess blood flow (although a bruise should start yellow instead of purple, but that wouldn't show up very well), so by reducing the blood flow to his head he managed to stop that from happening in his brain (thus preventing himself from going feral), and it went away when his regeneration finally kicked in to fix the damage and prevent further ruptures.
MysteriousBananaApr 29, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 29, 2016 6:22 PM
Aug 2008
so, a couple of interesting things I noticed.

First off, was at a WIT studio panel at a convention about a month back, I remember one of the staff there citing hit-girl (from Kick Ass) as a big inspiration for the character of Mumei. Definitely saw that inspiration coming through on this episode!

Another thing, the foreign engineer guy sounded a lot like TK from Angel Beats. Does anyone know if they have the same voice actor? Or am I just hearing things?
Apr 29, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
Mapplesauce said:
The show is getting a bit shonen-esque, what with all the flashbacks and one dimensional motives.

Gaelenmyr said:

Sure it may seem like it's bad to compare two shows, but it's undeniable that the events of both shows basically perfectly parallel each other. I think it's fair to compare the two.

I was hoping that they wouldn't go full braindead battle shonen route, and instead work to fix the flaws that was found in SnK. After this episode though, I'm not so sure.

I'm not looking forward to this. It seems like the show will be a SnK copy paste with all of its flaws included. Damn shame, it had a pretty cool premise.

I'm okay with comparisons. I do think both shows have similarities as well. But seeing almost every forum post/critique saying how Kabaneri is a SnK rip-off is annoying. It makes the idiotic virus argument above seem slightly better, lol.
Apr 29, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2014
zal said:
MysteriousBanana said:

I don't know. If anything, this cliffhanger shows that without blood a kabaneri goes crazy.

He has that metallic thing on his neck. Might be the cause that the infection went tame until this episode. Mumei uses a tourniquet too, and has to cooldown if she's without it for too long.

So for what I see, a Kabaneri needs 2 things to keep his mind human, so to speak.
>A magic stone Blood
>Some tourniquet on his neck

Apr 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
So if they didn't drink blood, will they die or the virus spreading and become Kabane?
And i haven't see Mumei drank blood since the first episode....

Curious about what will happen to Ayame though.
Apr 29, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Damn that Ikoma's sister part :(
I really hope that the next episode will have more action, i just want Mumei to kick Kabane's asses xD
So they drink blood to survive xD I thought that they would eat normal food.
As it seems, Ikoma will probably drink Ayame's blood, but she probably won't tell nobody about that, and they probably don't infect people when they drink their blood.
That OP is amazing.
Mumei best girl <3
Can't wait for next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 29, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
Kabeneri are vampires who can't control themselves now, interesting development.
Apr 29, 2016 8:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So Kabaneri is basically Japanese Vampire.

Mumei's personality is always entertaining to see.

Ikoma needs to see his long lost twin brother......Eren

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 29, 2016 9:27 PM
Jul 2007
How did the pregnant lady get infected? That's what I'm wondering...
Apr 29, 2016 9:47 PM
Jan 2013
u531355 said:
I'm guessing that's how Mumei became a kabaneri, by having her pregnant mother become a kabane.

Are you implying that her mother was shagging with a kabane?
or are you impying that this episode's pregnant kabane would give a birth to a 'mumei-like' kabaneri?

Mind=Blown!
Apr 29, 2016 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
There's something about Mumei that annoys me, like idk I kinda don't really like her character now? Such a shame tho she was quite fun in the first episode.

Apr 29, 2016 10:33 PM

Jan 2014
Unecessary and avoidable conflict generated by Mumei's withholding of essential information regarding the Kabaneri really bugged me.

Don't get me wrong tho, I can definitely understand the attitude she adopted for the majority of this episode; she's probably been a Kabaneri for years and that's certainly not the first time she has had to deal with mankind's fear and rejection. There has to be some twisted sense of satisfaction she would draw from openly provoking a bunch of peasants who'd rather see her dead but have neither the courage nor the strength to act on their feelings. And while I'm not usually the biggest fan of those excessively arrogant types of characters, Mumei's actions make sense when put in proper context.
However, not telling even Ikoma about the Kabaneri's diet doesn't make any, and as a result the whole cliffhanger situation the episode ended with comes off as rather silly.

Speaking of silly, can somebody roundhouse kick Kurusu in the face, please?
SapewlothApr 29, 2016 11:26 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 29, 2016 10:34 PM

May 2015
nice episode 4/5 for sure
Apr 29, 2016 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
That twist I wonder If Mumei would really kill the girls for blood if there is no kabaneri appeared.

Kurusu is annoying as always!
Apr 29, 2016 10:55 PM
Apr 2016
I love how plebs hate Kurusu, the best and most badass character in the show.
Kurusu owned Mumei's ass by parrying the bullet she throwed at him. He also owned Ikoma's edgy speech by saying I feel no shame being saved by you, followed by ordering Ikoma to kill himself.
Apr 29, 2016 11:02 PM
Jan 2016
-Sci said:
That twist I wonder If Mumei would really kill the girls for blood if there is no kabaneri appeared.

Kurusu is annoying as always!
Mumei's the annoying type of character that expects people to understand her perfectly while saying close to nothing, but I think it's a safe assumption that she was just asking for someone to donate blood (by cutting a palm or something) rather than let her take a bite out of them.

Given she was traveling with one priest instead of a group of them, the amount of blood she requires is probably something a single person can safely provide with no risk to their health (granted the priest was a rather big fellow).
Apr 29, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
I think that Mumei could have told Ikoma that Kabaneri eat/drink blood.
Apr 29, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
Bowgli said:
I love how plebs hate Kurusu, the best and most badass character in the show.
Kurusu owned Mumei's ass by parrying the bullet she throwed at him. He also owned Ikoma's edgy speech by saying I feel no shame being saved by you, followed by ordering Ikoma to kill himself.
sounds like your perfect samurai asshole to me
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 30, 2016 1:11 AM

Sep 2015
My dislike of Mumei furthered this episode. I heavily dislike the characters which are needlessly antagonistic. She goes out of her way to be as vague as possible, explaining absolutely nothing. She's fully aware of the fact that tensions are high and that it endangers everyone but doesn't even attempt to explain her reasoning.

Ugh. Can't stand characters like that.

kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Why you still insist is a virus, if until now we only know its "not a curse", according to Ikoma, and a curse according to everyone else? Nice jump to conclusions.

In episode two Ikoma himself said that it is a virus. Yeah, I checked it out.

KoreaWS said:

And Ikoma said there is science behind it. So it is scientific. :D

You have lost every argument against me now and you don't let it go by discussing that implying "science" is wrong.

Ikoma is assuming it's a virus. Him thinking it's the case doesn't make it true. They haven't touched on it whatsoever since then. No explanations or exposition on it have been had yet. Claiming it's all wrong is rather silly at this point.
MazApr 30, 2016 1:14 AM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Apr 30, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
MysteriousBanana said:
zal said:
Kabane don't have purple skin either, just gray/pallid skin, so it's likely a symptom that only shows up on initial infection.

My theory is that it's related to their regenerative abilities: the skin's going purple because blood vesslers are rupturing from excess blood flow (although a bruise should start yellow instead of purple, but that wouldn't show up very well), so by reducing the blood flow to his head he managed to stop that from happening in his brain (thus preventing himself from going feral), and it went away when his regeneration finally kicked in to fix the damage and prevent further ruptures.

@MysteriousBanana

If you replace Migi with a pathogen virus, it would be the same routine of fictional co-existence.
Apr 30, 2016 2:25 AM

Jan 2015
@kamisama751, you really love Attack on Trainwreck, don't you?
I haven't seen anyone be so dedicated to an anime as you have, even filling your signature with Kabaneri stuff.

I know, you just love the show and you say all this shit cause you wanna hear people praise the anime and tell you the good parts about it? Right? Right?
Apr 30, 2016 2:39 AM

Mar 2016
I thought I was watching Tokyo Ghoul with that ending :P

Apr 30, 2016 4:00 AM
Jan 2016
kamisama751 said:
-Maz said:

Ikoma is assuming it's a virus. Him thinking it's the case doesn't make it true. They haven't touched on it whatsoever since then. No explanations or exposition on it have been had yet. Claiming it's all wrong is rather silly at this point.

Don't know if you are for or against me(or in the middle)? But doesn't that mean each theory (science and zombie) are valid until the show reveals the truth?
Wouldn't stop us from eliminating theories as more of the plot is revealed while the story progresses. So far we know for a fact that Ikoma's wrong about how the infection works, because if he was right he would be cured instead of trying to give Ayame a facelift with his teeth.

Given it's a steampunk setting and absolutely no other mystic/occult elements have been hinted at (unless that silhouette of the long-haired swordsman in the OP is the hint), it would be weird for it to really be a curse.

zellami said:
If you replace Migi with a pathogen virus, it would be the same routine of fictional co-existence.
I dunno, Migi's a sentient parasite, so it's not strange that he would choose not to fully infect the host. A virus can't choose.
Apr 30, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
MysteriousBanana said:
kamisama751 said:

Don't know if you are for or against me(or in the middle)? But doesn't that mean each theory (science and zombie) are valid until the show reveals the truth?
Wouldn't stop us from eliminating theories as more of the plot is revealed while the story progresses. So far we know for a fact that Ikoma's wrong about how the infection works, because if he was right he would be cured instead of trying to give Ayame a facelift with his teeth.

Given it's a steampunk setting and absolutely no other mystic/occult elements have been hinted at (unless that silhouette of the long-haired swordsman in the OP is the hint), it would be weird for it to really be a curse.

zellami said:
I dunno, Migi's a sentient parasite, so it's not strange that he would choose not to fully infect the host. A virus can't choose.

The point is that the agent (of contamination) doesn't necessary choose.

Apr 30, 2016 4:19 AM

May 2014
"Ok we get it, this show isn't a masterpiece (and doesn't try to be)... so what?", implying that it's still worth something without any explanation. What kind of fallacy is that?

@Inferno792 I'm pretty sure the numerous flaws of SnK with zombies make him laugh, and he merely enjoys criticizing... what's your point?

Also, @On_the_Lam: "A character's action or ability obviously happens for the sake of plot and the fact that people keep using that as an excuse to shit on an anime is laughable". Well, not always, watch more anime I guess. But, even if a character's action is for the sake of the plot, it doesn't excuse it if this action feels forced and seems to come out of nowhere (and in some cases, doesn't even make sense). Making something for the sake of the plot isn't a problem on its own, but it becomes a problem for instance when it comes from a completely one-dimensional character.
Apr 30, 2016 4:48 AM

Jan 2013
"Yo com grab some soup :D"
"Ty but just give me blood"
"wat"

10/10 since who takes this seriously anyway
Apr 30, 2016 4:55 AM
Jan 2016
zellami said:
MysteriousBanana said:

The point is that the agent (of contamination) doesn't necessary choose.

But what you described is actually an example of choices being made by Migi to maintain the status quo after the fact. A virus can't make choices like that, if it does it's not a virus anymore.
Apr 30, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
I find the added complications of this episode unnecessary. Anime's fine and all, but I don't want to spend half the episodes in stuff like that.
Apr 30, 2016 5:31 AM
Aug 2015
paraze said:
Also, @On_the_Lam: "A character's action or ability obviously happens for the sake of plot and the fact that people keep using that as an excuse to shit on an anime is laughable". Well, not always, watch more anime I guess. But, even if a character's action is for the sake of the plot, it doesn't excuse it if this action feels forced and seems to come out of nowhere (and in some cases, doesn't even make sense). Making something for the sake of the plot isn't a problem on its own, but it becomes a problem for instance when it comes from a completely one-dimensional character.

A series is not necessarily bad just because you out of thousands of viewers feel like something is forced or simply because you didn't see something coming. Life's just as unpredictable non-sensical sometimes, isn't it?

What annoys me is that people want answers from the very first episode and are damn sure they won't be getting them later as the series progresses.

Anyway, I believe I've watched enough anime to develop a taste that isn't that of an elitist or a casual watcher, which is not the case for a lot of MAL users.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.