Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 22, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
lmao. Tokiomi is basically forced to kiss his own Servant's ass because Gilgamesh is so egotistical.
Mar 8, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
I liked the previous OP/ED better, but the visuals of this ED were so pretty *_*

Nice episode. Am I the only one who's rooting for Matou Karya? (Die, Tokiomi, with your little golden bitch)
Mar 8, 2015 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
k0k0 said:
I liked the previous OP/ED better, but the visuals of this ED were so pretty *_*

Nice episode. Am I the only one who's rooting for Matou Karya? (Die, Tokiomi, with your little golden bitch)
They both have selfish goals and go about achieving them the stupid way, so I don't really see why you'd root for one over the other. Well actually Tokiomi's planning is almost flawless, he just fucks up the execution.

I'd say I sympathize with Kariya though, especially considering what the worms did to him physically and mentally.
Mar 8, 2015 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
GARBrotato said:
k0k0 said:

They both have selfish goals and go about achieving them the stupid way, so I don't really see why you'd root for one over the other. Well actually Tokiomi's planning is almost flawless, he just fucks up the execution.

I'd say I sympathize with Kariya though, especially considering what the worms did to him physically and mentally.

Kariya at least tries to hide his selfish reasons under a noble goal, Tokiomi just talks shit to him and the viewers don't really care about his plan to reach the Root/Origin.
Mar 8, 2015 4:01 PM

Jul 2007
kokusho36 said:
GARBrotato said:

Kariya at least tries to hide his selfish reasons under a noble goal, Tokiomi just talks shit to him and the viewers don't really care about his plan to reach the Root/Origin.

But at least Tokiomi does not hide what he wants and approaches his goals in more mature way(still a tunnel vision idiot just like veryone in the Zero cast).
Mar 8, 2015 4:11 PM

Oct 2014
Antagonizing people to provoke attacks totally proves your point :)

Not that the King of Heroes would care about the opinion of a mongrel.
nocorrasMar 8, 2015 4:15 PM
Mar 8, 2015 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
kokusho36 said:

But at least Tokiomi does not hide what he wants and approaches his goals in more mature way(still a tunnel vision idiot just like veryone in the Zero cast).
Perhaps but it's not like Kariya didn't care about Sakura at all. His noble goal may have been to hide his true intentions but he still genuinely wanted to help Sakura too.
Mar 8, 2015 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like my posts are being stalked.

I don't really care about the hows and whats of the flawless or flawed plans of the Masters. Tokiomi is an ass. Isn't that reason enough to shut him down? Karya has sacrificed his body for a little girl he wants to save from a woeful fate. This act should have been her father's responsibility.
So yes, Tokiomi should die.
Mar 8, 2015 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
k0k0 said:
Ehh no.

k0k0 said:
I don't really care about the hows and whats of the flawless or flawed plans of the Masters. Tokiomi is an ass. Isn't that reason enough to shut him down? Karya has sacrificed his body for a little girl he wants to save from a woeful fate. This act should have been her father's responsibility.
Tokiomi really isn't an ass. He has 0 knowledge about what's going on. If Kariya had the decency to explain to him what 'training' means for Zouken, the whole situation would have been solved by simple talking.

But nah why do that when he can, you know, just go like "I must kill Tokiomi so I can bang Aoi, and the best way to do that is if I can get Sakura back to her. She'll definitely love me if I do that, and by getting rid of Tokiomi everything will go smoothly."
Mar 8, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2009
GARBrotato said:
k0k0 said:
Ehh no.

k0k0 said:
Tokiomi really isn't an ass. He has 0 knowledge about what's going on. If Kariya had the decency to explain to him what 'training' means for Zouken, the whole situation would have been solved by simple talking.

But nah why do that when he can, you know, just go like "I must kill Tokiomi so I can bang Aoi, and the best way to do that is if I can get Sakura back to her. She'll definitely love me if I do that, and by getting rid of Tokiomi everything will go smoothly."

Huh. How is it possible that Tokiomi does not know the Matou family's training regime? He's already witnessed the state of Karya, so how can the thought that his daughter will turn into a similar being not cross his mind?
In that case he's also stupid and, therefore, deserves to die.
Mar 8, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
Wasn't it mentioned in the LN that

So lazy and haven't read the novel :/ so I'm not sure if the spoiler is true.
Mar 8, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2013
GARBrotato said:

I was under the impression that Tokiomi would have approved any training method if it meant more glory for his "family". The discussion between him and Kariya was pretty clear on this, imho, but maybe the novel explains it better.
Mar 8, 2015 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
k0k0 said:
Huh. How is it possible that Tokiomi does not know the Matou family's training regime? He's already witnessed the state of Karya, so how can the thought that his daughter will turn into a similar being not cross his mind?
The difference is Kariya doesn't have much potential and sucks at magic, and needed to power up in a very short amount of time.

Sakura doesn't have to do that, she just needs to grow up and give birth to a mage. Which doesn't require the same thing as Kariya.

k0k0 said:
Oh he definitely is, but so is Kariya.
Mar 8, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2014
kokusho36 said:
GARBrotato said:

I was under the impression that Tokiomi would have approved any training method if it meant more glory for his "family". The discussion between him and Kariya was pretty clear on this, imho, but maybe the novel explains it better.

That's an interesting point, if we take Sakura's words literally in HF

Either way the whole glory thing is dumb, who really knows out side of the two families that made the deal?
nocorrasMar 8, 2015 4:50 PM
Mar 8, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2007
kokusho36 said:

Not really Kinoko Natsu and Urobuchi both stated that had Tokiomi have known, he would have helped Kariya. In Tokiomi's eyes tho, Kariya was a raving madman trying to get his wife.

nocorras said:
Wasn't it mentioned in the LN that

So lazy and haven't read the novel :/ so I'm not sure if the spoiler is true.

Yes, that too. Tokiomi could only guarantee protection to ONE. so instead of having to chose he wanted a way so both could be protected.

Tohsaka family is not important. They barely got the position they have by accepting christianity and by having an ancestor who was involved with Zelretch. Otherwise their name does not stand for much so only successor would be able to wield it as a privilege.

If both grew in same family - one would get all, the other nothing and thus would detest the one who got all. And the one who is successor would have all doors opened to her, while the one who is not would only get roadblocks.

Mahoyo showcases a Lot of what Tokiomi wanted to avoid with the sisters.

GARBrotato said:

k0k0 said:
Oh he definitely is, but so is Kariya.

To be exact: EVERYONE in this war is stupid idiot.
Mar 8, 2015 4:50 PM

Aug 2009
GARBrotato said:
The difference is Kariya doesn't have much potential and sucks at magic, and needed to power up in a very short amount of time.

Sakura doesn't have to do that, she just needs to grow up and give birth to a mage. Which doesn't require the same thing as Kariya.

She doesn't have to be a Mage herself? But didn't Tokiomi mention that she had 'the potential' that he didn't want to be wasted? If giving birth to a Mage is all that she was supposed to be used for, then she should've just married one, no?
EDIT: Karya said Tokiomi would pit sister against sister in a battle, so that would mean Sakura wasn't just a vessel for the birth of a Mage, but would've fought.

And we're agreed, aren't we, that Tokiomi fully knew the consequences of sending his daughter to the Matou family? In that case, I'm going to assume what kokusho36 said: He would have approved any training method if it meant more glory for his "family".

I'm assuming you've read the light novels/other stuff.
Fate/Zero is my first Fate/ series.
Mar 8, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2007
k0k0 said:
GARBrotato said:

She doesn't have to be a Mage herself? But didn't Tokiomi mentioned that she had 'the potential' that he didn't want to be wasted? If giving birth to a Mage is all that she was supposed to be used for, then she should've just married one, no?
EDIT: Karya said Tokiomi would pit sister against sister in a battle, so that would mean Sakura wasn't just a vessel for the birth of a Mage, but would've fought.

And we're agreed, aren't we, that Tokiomi fully knew the consequences of sending his daughter to the Matou family? In that case, I'm going to assume what kokusho36 said: He would have approved any training method if it meant more glory for his "family".

I'm assuming you've read the light novels/other stuff.
Fate/Zero is my first Fate/ series.

That potential does not require some sort of experimentation. Only knowledge, really.

Being the most powerful child in matou family, she would be named successor(even if unable to get the magic crest, theoretically) and thus would have all that is needed available to advance.

Being a successor of a powerful family would open all the doors provide less danger from association upon failures.

IF she was to stay in the same family, then only one sister would be the successor and the other would have no protection - and with potential like that (Rin and Sakura has magic circuits and magic output that rivals the best of best in the whole magi world), the one who is not successor, would end up in pieces in some magi association lab at worst, or get a sealing designation and be hunted at best.

No, Tokiomi would not agree to Zouken's true nature and to the training he does. conservative as he may be, Tokiomi is responsible for that land, and what Zouken is doing very clearly breaks the rules.

Tokiomi simply was gullible enough to believe what Zouken was selling. Tokiomi saw what he did as giving equal chances to both children and allowing them to be their best.
AhenshihaelMar 8, 2015 5:00 PM
Mar 8, 2015 5:04 PM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:

That potential does not require some sort of experimentation. Only knowledge, really.

Being the most powerful child in matou family, she would be named successor(even if unable to get the magic crest, theoretically) and thus would have all that is needed available to advance.

Being a successor of a powerful family would provide less danger from association.

IF she was to stay in the same family, then only one sister would be the successor and the other would have no protection - and with potential like that (Rin and Sakura has magic circuits and magic output that rivals the best of best in the whole magi world), the one who is not successor, would end up in pieces in some magi association lab at worst, or get a sealing designation and be hunted at best.

No, Tokiomi would not agree to Zouken's true nature and to the training he does. conservative as he may be, Tokiomi is responsible for that land, and what Zouken is doing very clearly breaks the rules.

Tokiomi simply was gullible enough to believe what Zouken was selling. Tokiomi saw what he did as giving equal chances to both children and allowing them to be their best.

Hm. I wasn't aware of that. It does slightly change my opinion of Tokiomi.
However, when he faced off Karya, he must have had some awareness that his daughter might have been put through what he was, making him turn out to be the way he is. And besides all that, he still chose to stick to his plans of keeping Sakura there, going so far as thanking Karya for breaking off his association with his family. He also called them "rabble" I think, so it's hard to believe he'd mind Sakura's training with Zouken.
On the other hand, Karya simply wants to save Sakura from the fate he knows will befall her. And he loved the girls (and their mother, I think) so he fights for a noble cause.
Mar 15, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Always have loved this season's OP & ED. Watching these crazy set pieces still get me just as hyped as the first time I watched them.
Apr 21, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2014
Caster's master is out. That was a 'cool' shot. But not as cool as Berserker! :D The guy is really badass. I can't wait to hear his story.

The new ED is so beautiful!
May 11, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Tohsaka is an idiot, he's the servant and not the master. Finally that serial killer bit the dust, it was about time.
Jun 7, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
Is there any explanation as to how Berserker got on top of the jet?
Sep 3, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2014
KOBAYASHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIII TT____TT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2010
OMGOOOD I love Berserker sooo much!! He is truly magnificent!!
Mar 27, 2016 10:51 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Beautiful art in the Archer/Berserker battle. Once again, the series does not disappoint!
Apr 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Apr 2016
DAMN, this was good! Just,... what a way to start a season. After all the dialogue and setup of the first season, the gears have shifted into battle, and there's no holding back. This episode proves it. The battle between three servants and that monster that Zero Caster was in was just great. Not to mention the Gilgamesh v Zero Berserker dogfight was just as cool and really good at showing the full extent of Ufotable's staggeringly beautiful animation. Just... Wow... And. That. Headshot. If you've seen it, you know the one.
Apr 29, 2016 1:15 AM

Nov 2015
The OP and ED are not as grand as the previous ones but I really agree that the ED is really nice.
Finally Kiritsugu eliminated that bastard.
This season seems to excel!
Apr 29, 2016 6:27 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Amazing start of second part of Fate/Zero. The level of epicness of Gilgamesh vs Beserker aerial battle is very high!
Music and animation together in a deathly dance in the skies. Really amazing to watch.
Beserker sure is a scary death machine.

Uuryu met his end, and the one thing he always looked after, was inside of him. Bye bye. HEADSHOT!

I can't find any reason to say this was anything but an amazing episode.

RIP Diablo-1 and 2.

The second OP is amazing. I remember not liking it much at the beginning but trust me, it sets the mood for the rest of the anime.
The ED is beautiful. It's based on how Kiritsugu and Irisviel met... it's really beautiful. (Based on the Drama tracks of Kiritsugu's and Irisviel's first meeting and later)

Well, I'm done, going for the next ep!
HumbertoZeroApr 29, 2016 6:31 PM
Apr 29, 2016 6:59 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
[Re-watch | BD version]

Amazing start of second part of Fate/Zero. The level of epicness of Gilgamesh vs Beserker aerial battle is very high!
Music and animation together in a deathly dance in the skies. Really amazing to watch.
Beserker sure is a scary death machine.

Uuryu met his end, and the one thing he always looked after, was inside of him. Bye bye. HEADSHOT!

I can't find any reason to say this was anything but an amazing episode.

RIP Diablo-1 and 2.

The second OP is amazing. I remember not liking it much at the beginning but trust me, it sets the mood for the rest of the anime.
The ED is beautiful. It's based on how Kiritsugu and Irisviel met... it's really beautiful. (Based on the Drama tracks of Kiritsugu's and Irisviel's first meeting and later)

Well, I'm done, going for the next ep!
imma throw a curve ball at ya. after you get fin with F/Z you should watch Fate/stay night (2006)
Apr 29, 2016 8:18 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:

imma throw a curve ball at ya. after you get fin with F/Z you should watch Fate/stay night (2006)

Nope-Nope-Nope....
Never again...
Nope...

NOU...nou...nope...
I'm not a fan of torture thank you.

I dropped it some time ago at episode 10 (I watched it after F/Z, back in Jun or Jul 2015, I don't remember well). I could not take it anymore...I was about to vomit (not literally of course). It was utterly bad... oh god... the memories...
Apr 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:

Nope-Nope-Nope....
Never again...
Nope...

NOU...nou...nope...
I'm not a fan of torture thank you.

I dropped it some time ago at episode 10 (I watched it after F/Z, back in Jun or Jul 2015, I don't remember well). I could not take it anymore...I was about to vomit (not literally of course). It was utterly bad... oh god... the memories...
as you can see Type-moon hasnt had a whole lot of luck when it came to adaptations. When UFO did Kara no Kyoukai it was a godscend.

you should give the masterpiece shinesegan tsukihime a go and you'll know true pain
Apr 29, 2016 9:49 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:

you should give the masterpiece shinesegan tsukihime a go and you'll know true pain

Well, not just the anime but the -Fate- route was a pain to read... I just read it for the information about servants and Seibah's (I call her Seibah in this route) current state as a servant and a couple of things of her past. In fact, I read it so I could get the whole picture in UBW and HF routes.

And Tsukihime, I'm planing to read the manga. I've read the comments "Tsukihime has NO anime" so I can imagine jajaja.
Apr 30, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:

Well, not just the anime but the -Fate- route was a pain to read... I just read it for the information about servants and Seibah's (I call her Seibah in this route) current state as a servant and a couple of things of her past. In fact, I read it so I could get the whole picture in UBW and HF routes.

And Tsukihime, I'm planing to read the manga. I've read the comments "Tsukihime has NO anime" so I can imagine jajaja.
i'm currently reading the tsuki manga, i gotta say it's pretty good so far. they did a really good job of mixing routes.

yea, Fate is certainly the weakest fate story route, but it does lay the groundwork for the entire VN as well as the franchise. you could say that nasu was still trying to get a real footing in some ways. he was taking his original fate project(fate/prototype) rebuilding it from the ground up and redo the thing for a different medium. it has it's merits imo but it doesnt have excuses like nasu having to make deadlines like the later routes do.....i thought the ending though was just beautiful and i hate that last episode exists to completely cheapen it. Tsukihime handle that way better by having that sort of ed go to the fanservicy Good ED.
May 19, 2016 12:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the second season begins with the battle of the River Minho, where there are surprises, struggles and death "confirmed".

--
Comienza la segunda temporada, con la batalla del rio Mion, donde hay sorpresas, luchas y una muerte "confirmada".
May 20, 2016 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
Motoko-Kusanagi said:
I just realized that
these characters are twisted.
no she's not
Jun 4, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
Ok loved this episode from beginning to start . Also I like how kariya is really just fighting for Sakura, meanwhile tokiome only cares about is being a mage and the family magic secrets and traditions and not his daughters happiness . But one question just how the fuck gilgamesh has an airship in his treasure ? Not complaining just curious . Is it some kind of airship mentioned in legends or something . Maybe he wasn't kidding when he said all the treasure in the world belong to him .
Jul 29, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2016
Gilgamesh vs Ryder, cool!!
Ryunosiki died, aww :3
Sep 6, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
Wow. What a start, they really dialed the action back up to 100! I never imagined seeing an actual jet plane Noble Phantasm in a Fate series. Berserker is just my kind of crazy. His every appearance is a pleasure to watch.

At this point, I really, really want this to be his identity:

Also, thank you Kiritsugu for doing the obvious thing. It was painful to see Caster's Master just defenselessly whooping with happiness while the other Servants tried to deal with the Kraken thing.
Oct 21, 2016 12:34 AM

Jul 2009
Finally started watching this :D

Good bye Ryuunosuke. It didn't felt like he was anything special. Just crazy bastard who loves spilling blood. Even disturbing how he finds it refreshing to see his guts like that.

Can't wait for the next one!!
Oct 21, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm I'm surprised they seem so weak.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2016
Ryuunosuke you'll be missed, a true hero among mens!
May 4, 2017 3:24 PM
Oct 2016
"Why don't they just kill the master?"

As soon as I thought this, it happened. Now end the monster. Giant slow monsters are never that interesting to me, unless the rival is as big sized.
May 23, 2017 11:30 PM

May 2009
Animation is soooooo beautiful!! *^*
Everything is epic! *^*

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jul 2, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2014
Wow what a start. This episode kept me on the edge of my seat. Gilgamesh vs Berserker was absolutely electrifying.
And Ryuunosuke died just when i was really starting like him. I think he died a bit early.
Aug 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Dec 2015
WOOOOO I AM READYYYY!!!
the new opening and ending are as amazing as the first ones!! that irisviel part in the opening gives me bad vibes I DONT WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO MY ANGEL OH MY GODDDD!!!
Jan 2, 2018 3:20 AM
Dec 2017
Excellent episode and finally rid of Uryuu Ryuunosuke.
Jan 4, 2018 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
This whole episode was lame as fuck. The only interesting part was dialogue with Tokiomi which proved his retardness.
Graphically it was painful to watch.

ZetaZaku said:
At least he died like a boss.

The CGI in this episode was awful. And what's worse, 85% of the episode was CGI. Stupid planes and stupid Berserker. I don't mind anime having CGI if it's done well, but this was ridiculous.

SatanicBeaver said:
Caster's CG tentacle monster was pretty lame, and that berserker gilgamesh battle was derpily ridiculous.

corwin_r said:
Eh, too much obvious CGI and the dogfight between Gil and Berserker was just dumb. They even tried digressing from the main plot with the JSFD pilots "drama", not impressed by the first episode.

Oh God. I thought that it's only me seeing this. I'm glad that not everyone is blindly praising Ufo for this mess.
rsc-plJan 4, 2018 3:56 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 12, 2018 6:07 AM

Mar 2016
Good first episode, I like kiritsugu finish the job
Nov 3, 2018 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
One sack of shit down, one more to go.

Thanks Kiritsugu.
Jan 24, 2019 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
What a better way to begin the new season than a cthulhu kaiju and ancient Mesopotamian ufo aerial battle, am I right!

Oh and Ryuunosuke died. Good thing the Caster class doesn't have a need for masters as much as the other do.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.