Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2007
@hamaon @aqualiv Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add it to the list soon. I got ridiculously busy...

@Dullboy I started Bokura na Hentai a while ago and read around 5 chapters. I really got into it, but it was still ongoing and I'm currently shying away from reading unfinished manga. I'm glad to hear is finished! Now I can pick it up again.

Thank you for your comment. It seems to have sparked discussion! I'm not halfway through mine either, but so far the titles that have been more interesting to me are Cousin, Omoide Emanon, Aku no Hana and Scientia. @Sooru I'm planning to check out Sayonara Sorcier so I'll probably drop by your profile at some point to discuss it. I share your opinion of Cousin too. While I was reading it, I swung a lot between liking it and disliking it, but in the end, I liked it.

@Kella I'm planning to check out Mars too and a while ago I wanted to check out Tasogare Otome x Amnesia but I kept putting it off and I've lost interest. Your comments finished to put me off it haha. Let me know what you think about Ashita no Ousama!

@AudioTsunami Well I haven't read all of JoJo. I actually started part 3 and I was somewhat bored, but I really love Battle Tendency. I'm ridiculously biased towards Caesar though.

I'll be reading Kokou no Hito this time around since I couldn't fit it last year like I planned. I started it in like 2013 or something and read a bunch of chapters in one go and I thought it was so awesome, so I'm looking forward to starting it again and finishing it this time.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 8, 2016 8:05 AM

Apr 2014
tsuyokunaru said:

@Dullboy I started Bokura na Hentai a while ago and read around 5 chapters. I really got into it, but it was still ongoing and I'm currently shying away from reading unfinished manga. I'm glad to hear is finished! Now I can pick it up again.
Yes usually I'm the same too and avoid starting manga that are unfinished.. but since I have big curiosity I end up starting it "to see what it's like" and if it's good I get hooked and end up waiting for the next chapter release.. haha.

In fact, that's why I haven't started reading Innocent yet, even if I'm burning inside from wanting too.
It's been a year I've been keeping an eye for the last volumes release of this manga, and I'm hoping that it will be finished before the end of this year. I plan to read it for the challenge you see.
What do you think @Audiotsunami ? Is there good chance for the last two volumes scans to be done before 2017 ?
Apr 8, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2013
@Dullboy, a new scanalator took it over in November when they released the 6th volume. They had a lot of issues, but vol 7 went way more smoothly. It's been about 3 months since than, so I'd suspect vol 8 to drop fairly shortly. If it does, I would certainly expect them to finish vol 9 before january(probably july). If they don't drop Vol 8 within the next 2 months, I would be skeptical on if they were even continuing the series. They are active tho, because they translate gintama and toriko every week. So maybe wait a month or so to see if vol 8 comes out.

I checked the twitter and he had a marie antoinette picture from the manga a week or so ago(retweets from sakamoto though), but the most recent stuff is ALLL jojo.

@tsuyokunaru i don't know, I just can't really get into it. I've just never really been into shounens that aren't by Togashi. I don't really dig the bad guys(although I dig the naming scheme), the good guys seem overly flamboyant, they haven't really explained all of the good guys powers yet which is strange cause he keeps using the mind reading deal and I don't understand where it comes from or how he's doing it and I really just can't seem to get invested. It seems like it just might not be for me.

I really liked Kokou no Hito a lot, and once he dropped the writer around vol 4 the story gets a bit deeper and more psychological. I felt like the timing of the change in tone was really good as well.
Apr 8, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
^ Thanks @Audiotsunami, very appreciate info you gave me.

@tsuyokunaru, I have some little questions about the "challenge bonus items". I hope you'll be able to clarify things for me:

» Read a light novel = do you have ideas where I could read some on the internet? (You can pm me the response if you prefer)
Reading book in hand would be best but it doesn't seems that simple to find to me, somehow.. And if I read a light novel but don't add it to my manga list would it be all right too ? I prefer my list not to have light novels in it, since I consider it to be another medium)

» Start and catch up to an on-going long-running (300+) series = I feel stupid for asking, but when you say 300+ you mean the chapters count, right ?

» Read a manga that is related (e.g. sequel, side story) to something you previously read = If I want to read I Am a Hero in Osaka for this, is it ok ? Knowing that I'm up to date with the main manga new chapters releases, but not reading it for the challenge.

» Read a manga series you can finish in one day = I'm not sure to understand what a "manga serie" mean exactly ? Does it just mean a manga with several volumes, or is it something else ?

Thank you in advance.
DullboyApr 8, 2016 12:36 PM
Apr 8, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
@AudioTsunami Oh! Now I totally get what you mean and why you don't like it. In my case, I think I like how crazy over the top everything is and unfortunately JoJo is one of those stories that feels really dated now if you try to read it very seriously.

@Dullboy Sure, no problem. I'll PM you with the light novels site. You don't have to add it to your list at all, if you don't want to and you can read just one volume and the DB entries usually include all volumes, so I'd understand not wanting to include it. You can link to the DB entry anyway so I can check it's a light novel and so on.

300+ is chapters, yeah. There are a few options like Magi (which is getting closer), Hunter x Hunter, Berserk and so on.

You may read I Am a Hero in Osaka if you started it this year. Which I think you probably did since it just started publishing right?

A manga series can be anything from a one-shot to a multiple-volumes work. It's really up to you. This is basically to sort of push what you can read in a day. For 1 person it can be a 6 chapters volume "series" (or manga) but for another one it can be a 10 volumes series. I hope that makes sense.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 13, 2016 4:04 AM
Sep 2010
Hello everyone!
I am down to the last few items on my challenge but I need your help for this one:
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
The only restriction that I have is that the mange be less than 200 chapters. It can be completed or ongoing - either is fine. A manga that kept you hooked from beginning to end would be great!
Thanks guys! I appreciate it and can't wait to read what you suggest!
Mishie017Apr 13, 2016 4:08 AM
MishieXD

Apr 13, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Kokou no Hito
Bambino!
RRR
Apr 14, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2011
 » Start and catch up to an on-going long-running (300+) series

Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Hayate no Gotoku!
Vagabond
Berserk
Kingdom
Hajime no Ippo
Detective Conan
Hunter x Hunter
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Gintama
The Ravages of Time
Pokémon Special
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
Toriko

Any others?
ReaperCreeperApr 14, 2016 4:15 AM
Apr 14, 2016 4:06 AM

Jul 2013
ReaperCreeper said:

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Hayate no Gotoku!
Vagabond
Berserk
Kingdom
Hajime no Ippo
Detective Conan
Hunter x Hunter
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Gintama
The Ravages of Time
Pokémon Special
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
Toriko

Any others?

naruto is not an on-going series :)
the 300+ manga i have are either already in this list or not on-going anymore
Apr 14, 2016 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
Simar said:
naruto is not an on-going series :)
And here I told myself to remember not to make that mistake.
Apr 14, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2010
ReaperCreeper said:

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

Mmmh, this is why that "(300+)" sounds strange to me.
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko started last year, the chapters are one-page long and the author releases a chapter per day (only 2 compiled volumes so far), but still it can be considered a valid manga to read for this challenge. On the other side, Skip Beat, for example, started in 2002, it has 38 volumes but it doesn't fit the requirements since it has less than 250 chapters (don't know the exact number).
The connection between the terms "long-running" and "300+" doesn't seem so logical or consequential.
AnnyApr 14, 2016 4:52 AM
Apr 14, 2016 7:42 PM

Sep 2014
hi I need a manga for Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant preferably Psychological but not Psychological horror or thriller thanks
Apr 14, 2016 9:00 PM

Mar 2013
aliciarae said:
hi I need a manga for Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant preferably Psychological but not Psychological horror or thriller thanks

Liar game
Kokou no hito
ERASED (if you didn't just watch it last season)
Apr 14, 2016 9:52 PM

Jan 2010
And Genkaku Picasso if you are looking for something shorter.
Apr 14, 2016 10:24 PM
Sep 2010
@AudioTsunami Thank you for the suggestions! Kokou no Hito was absolutely amazing!
MishieXD

Apr 14, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2013
Mishie017 said:
@AudioTsunami Thank you for the suggestions! Kokou no Hito was absolutely amazing!

That's why they call me Audio "Impeccable Taste" Tsunami
Apr 15, 2016 6:37 AM

Oct 2007
Kella said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!

Mmmh, this is why that "(300+)" sounds strange to me.
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko started last year, the chapters are one-page long and the author releases a chapter per day (only 2 compiled volumes so far), but still it can be considered a valid manga to read for this challenge. On the other side, Skip Beat, for example, started in 2002, it has 38 volumes but it doesn't fit the requirements since it has less than 250 chapters (don't know the exact number).
The connection between the terms "long-running" and "300+" doesn't seem so logical or consequential.

You make a good point with your example. I admit we were probably keeping mostly long-running in the shounen demographics in mind. I guess now would be too late to change it, but I'll keep it in mind for next year.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 15, 2016 5:09 PM

Apr 2014
I finished reading Banana Fish today, and I wanted to talk about it a little (if it's an accurate word here... because it's a wall of text that is comming, watch out peoples . huhu)

So that's my take on this manga, and sorry for the wall of text. I'll gladly talk about it if someone other have read it or plan to read it but want more info before trying it, maybe ?
DullboyApr 15, 2016 5:14 PM
Apr 15, 2016 6:38 PM

Mar 2013
Talking about differing themes in manga and anime as a response to Dullboy's Banana Fish wallthis post is gonna have nothing to do with Banana Fish because I haven't read it)

Oh I finished Jojo part 2 and Half & Half. The last couple of volumes of Jojo were really very good(despite the ending being kinda weak). I really liked the stuff with Wham - who was by far the most interesting of the 4 bad guys. Caeser was also a really good story line. It was better than Phantom Blood but not by enough to get me to rate it higher - 3/5.

Half & Half on the other hand, surprised me a lot and was actually pretty good - it probably helped that it was short and I was able to read it all in one shot. I used it for the "genre I dislike" challenge because it's a supernatural ecchi, which are my lowest rated genres and it's also by Kouji Seo, who turned a pretty good shounen romance with a very strong female character into the most misogynistic work I've ever read/seen AND basically undermined the entire series in the span of like 8 chapters. Need less to say, I wasn't super enthused about reading this, it kind of surprised me. It was a solid twist on the typical boy and girl get thrown together by extenuating circumstances and fall in love story. I'm not entirely sure how I felt about the ending due to Seo's previous missteps, but it seemed unoffensive on its own and it had some decent drama and some decent laughs. It was also well drawn and the ecchi bits didn't feel superfluous. All in all, I enjoyed it quite a bit. 4/5.
AudioTsunamiApr 15, 2016 7:25 PM
Apr 15, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
@Dullboy I was a bit surprised because I had heard Banana Fish was considered BL but after reading your post I can see how wrong that was hahaha

@AudioTsunami I've been meaning to read Half & Half (because I found it through another Half & Half I read before by a different author) and your rating kind of got me excited. I didn't read all of it because I was a bit wary of spoilers, but I'll read it later.

I'm glad you got into Battle Tendency a bit more and I don't disagree with your rating actually, I think it's quite fair. I also thought the ending was weak and I wasn't very excited about going forward in the series which is why I've halted my progress reading it now, but I really thought the story got interesting in the last couple of fights, so it's awesome you agree.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 15, 2016 7:46 PM

Mar 2013
@tsuyokunaru, I don't think anything in the bit about half & half can't be extrapolated from the genre tags/synopsis/first chapter. It's worth the read. I think it took me an hour to read it? Maybe less? Idk it's very very short and it works as a single solid read.

I would have definitely given Battle Tendency a 7 is I did the whole out of 10 thing, but I don't so I just went with 6. Beside it being a little too weird and flamboyant for my taste, I felt they didn't really get to invest too strongly in any of the characters beside Wham. The bad guys were all kinda "i'm a bad guy so I'm gonna be a bad guy, let's go good guy" and the good guys were kinda all like " Let's try our best and stuff so when Goku comes he has an easy time of it". My 2 main problems were Lisa Lisa looked kinda like a chump even though she 100% wasn't supposed to and Caesar didn't get enough time in the sun to be truly impactful(like Zepelli did in phantom blood). But he still kinda saved the series along with Wham. So that's good.

Edit: I read about the next ability they introduce due to some fan art from something entirely unrelated, and I was kinda intrigued to continue, and it kinda explains JoJo's weird telepathy thing they hadn't explained yet, which is cool, so thta's a thing to look forward to at least.
AudioTsunamiApr 15, 2016 7:54 PM
Apr 16, 2016 8:08 AM

Oct 2007
@AudioTsunami It turns out I had read Love Letter before and Half & Half is based on a one shot from that collection! I just started the serialization and the beginning of both are very similar, but I guess the second one has more detail. I wonder if the endings are the same... Either way I'll add it to the list in the FAQ

I hadn't thought much about what you say regarding Lisa Lisa, but yeah you're right. I think I wasn't very critical because time hasn't been very kind of the beginning of JoJo unfortunately haha. I think that it got really huge after stands began appearing, probably because it "explained" certain things about the previous installments, but the stands really are cool, so at least you can look forward to entertainment. As far as I've heard it gets even more flamboyant for part 5 though.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 16, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
@tsuyokunaru Make sure you specify/link which Love Letter, because a lot of adult stuff is called "Love Letter" and all pops up in the search bar.

AudioTsunamiApr 16, 2016 12:42 PM
Apr 17, 2016 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
Looking for a recommendation for the "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant" one.

Preferably less than 30 chapters and seinen would be good. Thanks in advanced.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 17, 2016 6:29 AM

Oct 2007
@AudioTsunami

Holy... Dragon Ball is ridiculously old. I didn't know it had began publishing even before JoJo, but then your interpretation of what the shounen tropes were back then (and are still sort of around) are really on point.

@LoneWolf Planetes fits your criteria and it already is on your PTR.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Apr 17, 2016 2:19 PM

Mar 2013
@tsuyokunaru

@LoneWolf

Planetes works as Tsuyo said, but also you have Zero and All You Need is Kill on your PTR that work as well.
AudioTsunamiApr 17, 2016 3:23 PM
Apr 17, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2009
Thx for the replies guys, Planetes seems like a great choice. Im a big fan of the authors other work Vinland Saga and I was always curious about the differences between the anime and the manga.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 24, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2013
@Dullboy Innocent vol 8 dropped this morning, so you're good to go. I'd expect the last volume in mid August at the latest.
Apr 24, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
AudioTsunami said:
@Dullboy Innocent vol 8 dropped this morning, so you're good to go. I'd expect the last volume in mid August at the latest.

Thanks a lot for mentioning ! Super nice, seems my long wait will be rewarded after all

By the way AudioTsunami, it seems you haven't read other manga from Nihei Tsutomu (other than is later work "Sidonia no Kishi") . I think you should check out "Abara" , "Blame" or "Biomega" .
I say this, because the last manga I completed was "Biomega" last tuesday , and the drawing in this manga.. oh the drawing...
The art style , the composition of the panels , and "architectural imagination" it shows in this manga is very impressive (maybe not as much for the two last volumes that tend to be more close to Sidonia though , wich I was a little disapointed about) .
It's the kind of art that would fit in a fine art gallery , just like for "Kokou no Hito" and "Innnocent" in fact.
DullboyApr 24, 2016 3:52 AM
Apr 24, 2016 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
Blame is in my challenge list. I'll look into Biomega.

I feel the art in Sidonia was very good. There were definitely parts that felt like he wasn't giving 100% during exposition bits and some of the battles were bland because it was just in the middle of space and he didn't really bother making it feel spacey, but when they were traipsing through the city and a lot of the scenic shots from Nagate's house on the outer wall, are really well drawn. All the "Sights of Sidonia" extras are great as well.

Edit: I believe they are also gonna start on the Innocent Rogue as well.
Apr 29, 2016 9:29 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Hello everyone~ I'm in need of a few recommendations

» Read a webmanga or 4-koma
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

Not necessary, but just in case

» Read a light novel
» Read a manga based on real event or person

... mm guess I'm looking for something easy to read, if possible less than 50 chapters (or 60-something, or the shortest you know lol).
It would be appreciated if it's finished (publishing) and it's something you personally enjoyed...
As for genres anything goes~ ... really, anything. I'm looking for variety.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 29, 2016 12:16 PM

Mar 2013
SheyCroix said:
Hello everyone~ I'm in need of a few recommendations

» Read a webmanga or 4-koma

Not necessary, but just in case

» Read a light novel

... mm guess I'm looking for something easy to read, if possible less than 50 chapters (or 60-something, or the shortest you know lol).
It would be appreciated if it's finished (publishing) and it's something you personally enjoyed...

Web series - Zebra
Recommendation - Zero

Real person/Event - Adolf should be quick read
Light novel - Since you only have to read 1 volume, you might want to find something that's only 1 volume. I can't speak for quality because I haven't read them but Ame no Hi no Iris, Byousoku 5 Centimeter(a novel version of the film), and the death note prequel novel are all only 1 volume.
AudioTsunamiApr 29, 2016 12:21 PM
Apr 29, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:

For the real person, I used a two-shot (since you said the "shortest"): Hatshepsut. About a queen-pharaoh.

That manga was right up my alley, but I dunno for you.
Apr 30, 2016 6:24 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
AudioTsunami said:
Web series - Zebra
Recommendation - Zero

Light novel - Since you only have to read 1 volume, you might want to find something that's only 1 volume. I can't speak for quality because I haven't read them but Ame no Hi no Iris, Byousoku 5 Centimeter(a novel version of the film), and the death note prequel novel are all only 1 volume.

lady_freyja said:
For the real person, I used a two-shot (since you said the "shortest"): Hatshepsut. About a queen-pharaoh.

Thanks you both~
Since Zebra isn't here I don't think I can use it (at least I didn't find it)
the LN for Ame no Hi no Iris seems interesting so I'm going to give that a try
Also to Hatshepsut, seems interesting too (just hope the GL is to the minimum lol)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 30, 2016 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
SheyCroix said:
AudioTsunami said:
Web series - Zebra
Recommendation - Zero

lady_freyja said:

Thanks you both~
Since Zebra isn't here I don't think I can use it (at least I didn't find it)
the LN for Ame no Hi no Iris seems interesting so I'm going to give that a try
Also to Hatshepsut, seems interesting too (just hope the GL is to the minimum lol)

As long as you link the b-u page and specify that's what is happening, it's fine. It's not on MAL because it's an unlicensed Web comic, like Tower of God.
May 1, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2013
Serenade-hime said:
...I guess I'll ask for a recommendation here, but please make a true recommendation based on my tastes or close to.

And yes, I already read the manga for Boku no Pico, so that's off limits~(^u^)

You seem to mostly read shoujo romance, so maybe you might like Cross Game even if it's a little out of your comfort zone. If you don't want that Orange and Koe no Katachi are both on your PTR.
May 1, 2016 4:07 AM

Mar 2008
Serenade-hime said:
...I guess I'll ask for a recommendation here, but please make a true recommendation based on my tastes or close to.

And yes, I already read the manga for Boku no Pico, so that's off limits~(^u^)

Cardcaptor Sakura
Gakuen Alice
May 1, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Serenade-hime said:
AudioTsunami said:

You seem to mostly read shoujo romance, so maybe you might like Cross Game even if it's a little out of your comfort zone. If you don't want that Orange and Koe no Katachi are both on your PTR.

Definitely out of my comfort zone (Not a big fan of reading sports (especially long running ones) manga.)
Might accept the other two. (^u^)

It's a little long, and yeah it's sports, but there is a ton of romance and comedy. It's mostly romance and comedy. It's by Adachi, who's totally awesome at writing that kind of shounen romantic comedy. I think you'll like it a lot more than you think you'll like it.

You'll 100% like Orange. And it's on the short side. It's stein;s gate in shoujo romance form.

I guess I can give you a 4th rec of Ao Haru Ride - you gave the anime a 10 and the anime doesn't even cover a 3rd of the story.
May 3, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2010
I'd like some help with this item "» Read a manga that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship" since I can't find anything interesting. Any good recommendations?
May 3, 2016 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
Hello,

I have a little question: to what point do we consider a manga being a manga?

I mean, yesterday I bought Stupid Story by curiosity.
It is a "German manga", meaning that the author and the editor are Germans, but it was created and published as a manga, even if it never reached the shores of Japan.

So, does it counts for the challenge? By extension the question also encompass the OEL manga and the "manfra" (French manga) and any other "manga conceived in the West". Since most of them stay in the West and are never published in Japan (or China/Korea), save some rare exception.
removed-userMay 3, 2016 3:47 AM
May 3, 2016 11:05 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Sooru said:
I'd like some help with this item "» Read a manga that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship" since I can't find anything interesting. Any good recommendations?

Kimi wa Pet is a personal favorite of mine.
May 3, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2010
Brand said:
Sooru said:

Kimi wa Pet is a personal favorite of mine.

Thank you, I'll check it out. :)
May 3, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
lady_freyja said:
Hello,
I have a little question: to what point do we consider a manga being a manga?

I understand where you came from with this, I can relate : as a French, I find "french manga" time to time too in the bookstores (I would even say that it's something that seems to develop more and more) .
Well I guess I'll let the boss (Tsuyokunaru I mean, huhu) give you the proper answer, but I think it will be that it doesn't count, unfortunately.
I think the politic of MAL means it have to at least been published in japan , and the challenge seems to be making it it's own rule too , so...
Who knows, maybe in the future, there will be an entry for "foreign manga" , like there is for manhua and manhwa.
DullboyMay 3, 2016 2:42 PM
May 3, 2016 3:18 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I know she allows stuff that isn't on MAL(mostly with the Korean webtoons)...but idk man.I think she said no to some american manga a few pages back.
May 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Mar 2013
Still taking recs for all these.

Just finsihed Gokusen, it kinda dragged towards the end but the premise was good. I think it was just a less good GTO. Also almosy halfway through Densha Otoko and it is fucking awesome. Gonna probably finish it tonight and start something else. So hook me up.
May 3, 2016 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
Could anyone please recommend me anything to read? The genre doesn't matter to me since I'm open to pretty much everything, but could it please be something under 6 volumes?

Thank you!
May 3, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
@lady_freyja Unfortunately I decided not to count those. For now only manga, manhua and manhwa count (including webcoming that could fall under those categories) and that's it. I might consider what @Dullboy said and add it as a category for future challenges, even as an optional idea, but this time around it won't count.

@VongolaTempesta
Things that I liked that are 5 volumes or less but more than 1 volume: Bitter Virgin, Hana no Namae, I-Revo: Ice Revolution, Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhou and Nineteen, Twenty-One

@AudioTsunami
May I suggest Devilman and/or Terra e... ? They're both quite old, but I found them thought-provoking and it was interesting to see a different art styles from previous decades. Not sure if you'd care for Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhou but I really like Usamaru Furuya and I think that's one of his most accessible works besides The Music of Marie. Houkago and Hideout are interesting short reads if you're into mystery. I also find Otomo Katsuhiro's Doumu really amazing though many people find it underwhelming. I think these may fit some of your categories.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
May 3, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2015
tsuyokunaru said:

@VongolaTempesta
Things that I liked that are 5 volumes or less but more than 1 volume: Bitter Virgin, Hana no Namae, I-Revo: Ice Revolution, Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhou and Nineteen, Twenty-One

I've heard a lot about Bitter Virgin, I'll check it out. Thank you!
May 4, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
Coming back from reading Ayeshahs Secret .
If you're looking for a good Manhua , I recommend trying it . The art is quite something and it have some nice twist to it , felt like one of those "mystery/psychological horror" hollywood movie . I found it very enjoyable to read today .

About the art , I can't get away the feeling that the author used some heavy reference to make it. What I mean is that I have a sort of feel Chinese authors might be more lax and carefree about "copyright" and intellectual proriety in manhua sometime no ?... huhuhu

But maybe it's very rude to say that, because for this author here it seems that watever the inspiration and base might have been , it have been ingested and infused to make an original work , not like for this thing... ( like , wtf Sean Connery ?!! Hahaha , see for yourself if you're curious , it's quite amazing in it's own way)

By the way, I'm struggling a little to find a doujin that would look interesting to me (for the bonus challenge item) , so if anyone have a good recommendation , please tell me (any genre is fine , even hentai/yaoi , wich seems to be in good amount for this kind of works , as far as it's something with an interesting story or characters)
DullboyMay 4, 2016 10:48 AM
May 5, 2016 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
Can I use Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Dai-2 Shou - Yashiki no Isshuukan-hen as a manga adapted from a light novel?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
2 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

35 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

375 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.