Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
And so the trolling quartet invades the thread. Oh joy
Apr 29, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
Man this is the one show of the season where i want to watch the next episode i might need to rewatch the series when its done
Apr 29, 2016 9:22 AM
Jan 2013
That was, at least, stimulating...

Well, first 2 minutes and Mumei is already annoying with her "i can do what i want because i'm strong" behavior. Very wise, taunting everyone like she won't need any... simultaniously reading and playing hammer ball? good with kids? you're a genius i got it! i kinda got a feeling that the director are telling me to worship this girl...

Alright mate, a samurai is a devotee to bushido right? it's about chivalry and honor. This okuchi wrote a character that happened to be some zealot that screams "samurai this and samurai that" it has more resemblance towards ISIS (fanatic and stupid) rather than depict a true samurai...

so they stop and hold a funeral with a bonfire soo big it paint the sky red in the dark night! Are you fucking stupid okuchi? very convinient! they act like it's FUCKING HOLLIDAY! fire should surely lure in a hode of kabanes because we know that kabanes has a visual perception. so in the dark night this particular bonfire would be strikingly atractive.

I understood that those people are afraid of kabane and infection, but why in the world everyone is trying to kill mumei and ikoma? Despite usability? looking at the big idea there's nothing wrong! but considering they visualize the scale of this incident looked like a domestic asault, it does not make sense...

There's one pregnant lady turning into kabane. suddenly she turns into kabane and walks limpily! very convinient... of course our mumei takes matter into her hands as she stabs the newly turn kabane with dual swords, there's this girl screaming: "wait, she's pregnant!" but when ikoma about to get shot she said nothing...
lemme tell ya bro, she's FREAKING FEMINIST!
Apr 29, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
This a great series.

I didn't see the need for blood coming but it makes sense if their bodies are Kabane and their minds are human.

Mighty cliffhanger at the end.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
Apr 29, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2014
well this shit is average AF! 8.51 score lul, 5 at best
Apr 29, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Having a diferrent opinion qualifies as trolling in your book. Well ill be damned i better sugarcoat my words so you dont get offended

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Apr 29, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
Xykko said:
Darklight0303 said:
Having a diferrent opinion qualifies as trolling in your book. Well ill be damned i better sugarcoat my words so you dont get offended

You were called over by a self affirmed troll. YOu can thank him for being branded with the same brush. Besides you your self said you didn't watch the show and yet because he calls you out, you come here with your biased from onset point of view.

Xykko said:
kamisama751 said:

I have just finished the episode now. :D

Since this episode does not contain so much events there are also a bit less mistakes. These are the following ones:
• Our protagonist touched a very hot pipe before and felt no pain. However, someone kicks him in the ass and it hurts.
• Kabaneri got healing ability for the sake of plot.
• Caring out a funeral is more important than surviving. What if lots of Kabane attacks follow the fire and attack you?
• His imouto is already a Kabane. How can a little explosive bag pierce though that heart protector?
• Pregnant mother needed an entire day to turn into a Kabane. The speed is way too slow and the virus should have been already dead due to what is shown in episode one.
• As we can see from Ikoma's sister. You will stay unmovable for a while before completely turning into a Kabane. However, this is not the case with the pregnant mother for plot's sake.
• Let’s kill those who saved us and gave a brilliant speech to everyone.

This post might get editted after me rewatching this episode.

Here I summon a few people for discussing: @Comic_Sans @ColdBreeze @Xykko
I havent had the pleasure to witness this over the top recycled schlock. But i might watch it to see if it lives up to the hype or if its another casual pandering anime, with shiny visuals, shit tier waifus and bad plot

The proof says it all.
Darklight0303Apr 29, 2016 9:43 AM
Apr 29, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2012
Xykko said:
Darklight0303 said:

Since you admitted you haven't seen the episode or the series, on what exactly your opinion was based on? I am asking out of curiosity, really, because it wasn't DarkLight who circled the jerks here.

Please, explain.
Apr 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2014
ColdBreeze said:

So Mumei can cut the "cage" of every Kabane with any sword because she has more power? The blade didn't break as it seems.Or are the people just so freaking weak or don't know how to use it?Why do they carry swords then if it's useless?
To use it against humans? And if it is useful why haven't I seen someone killing Kabanes with a sword even on close range?

Regardless of the quality of the blade, the only ones we've seen killing Kabane are Mumei and Ikoma, we know the suicide bags can actually pierce a heart, and you'd need the force of a moving train to tear them apart, thus implying the humans are actually too weak and can only hold them back. That's why Ikoma is developing his gun, to find an alternative that can aid them.

For actually having the Katana in that situation, in one side I'd rather have something for close combat rather than nothing against the zombies, even if at that point it would be useless. On the other side, I'd use the analogy of a cop having a gun or a baton. To protect and serve is my guess.

I'm still intrigued on what's the deal with the Kabane blade we see at the opening, so I hold onto my shitstorm at the moment.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 29, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2015
KoreaWS said:

Regardless of the quality of the blade, the only ones we've seen killing Kabane are Mumei and Ikoma, we know the suicide bags can actually pierce a heart, and you'd need the force of a moving train to tear them apart, thus implying the humans are actually too weak and can only hold them back. That's why Ikoma is developing his gun, to find an alternative that can aid them.

I already said in episode 1 discussion that Ikoma's gun is useless. It literally have the same effect as the suicide bag. You need to be at point blank range for it to work.
Apr 29, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2010
I found this episode to be OK nothing more. It definitely wasn't as good as the previous 2 episodes. Ikoma's backstory while deep seems rushed to me. I didn't get the feels from it that I felt I should have given that she is basically what drives his motivation. The flip flopping of the people, especially the soldiers, is lame. They are your saviors and have segregated themselves from the rest be thankful they are with you idiots. This episode really didn't seem to progress the story or give us any new information. The pregnant woman's situation and death were the highlight of the episode while I felt that everything else was pretty lackluster.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Apr 29, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
Not the best episode,but it had a really nice cliffhanger !
Apr 29, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
Ikoma continues to be annoying,Mumei continues to be the supporting pillar that makes me continue watching this and honestly that's only the case cause of her sex appeal.
Apr 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
Just lol @ all the nitpickers. These were the guys who spammed "Guilty crown 2.0" or "Trainwreck titan" and now they're desperately trying to justify their hate because they can't stand being WRONG.

Apply this kind of nitpicking to your favourite show why don't you, and see how it holds up.

Stay mad, this is likely to be the best show this season and the only one I would consider rating 8/10.
Apr 29, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Then I can't explain it.However, he can't feel heat but he can feel pain. There isn't a contradiction yet since we have never seen that Kabaneri's or Kabanes can't feel pain, yet we know they can stand heat.

If the heat is too high then you will feel pain since it damages you, which is the case in episode two. Therefore, it is contradicting.

Yeah, with the human. Proof with the Kabaneri on ep2?

kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Did you forgot that those are peasants-chans? Or the steam really made you overlook it's still a feudal society? They also have 2 Kabaneris, and guys on the lookout. They aren't totally defenseless. But for plot convenience no kabane was seen that night, really.

If the Samurais can do something then they won’t be on escape now and they are against Kabaneri for the sake of plot. So they won’t count them as guards either. If Kabanes are there even if the escape there won’t be no casualities and yes, I completely forgot that they are “as clever as our usual anime fan”. :D

They can stand guard, and Mumei has already proven she can handle the Kabanes. Himesama has them on board even though the plebs don't want it.
The kabane point is you talking in a meta sense (just because the story is convenient is going to happen like that) and doesn't means that that will happen. If anything, there would be a lot of casualties, considering the edgy tone.

[quote=kamisama751 message=45807159]
kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Embarrasing. Now tell me that somebody would go, in the middle of the chaos, and pin down a Kabane and have enough time to activate the suicide bag. Ikoma is looking for something more efficient (since it adds steam instead of pure gunpowder) and that could be improved.

The weapon of our main character also need to get close to them in order to work. They are equaly dangerous. They both are necessary to be pressed to Kabanes heart.

Of course, because that weapon obviously wasn't gonna be developed into something more safe. It's still a safer alternative compared to the suicide bag.

kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Trolls deny facts now? How low.

Hm? As we see from episode one the virus spreads very fast through your body, which has nothing to do with the bite size (something like that never does since it is not scientific) and will also die very fast if it doesn’t reach your brain in time. It hurts two points they made.

Geez, for all the scientific banter you throw, you sure lack in the observation department.

kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

First, yes, the sister moved her eyes, that's no proof that she didn't died, since we can see her eye color is different.
Second,l did you see the mother get assaulted by a Kabane like with the sister? How can you say then it's the same thing. The mother didn't had a huge bite, yet it can be inferred that she had an small bite or scratch.
And about the sister, she was bitten in the neck. Regardless of wether that killed her or not, it was a considerable bite close to her brain. Evidence:
By that fact, her transformation speed would be faster.

As you can see from the screenshot you posted, a bite at that position can’t kill someone. She can’t also die due to blood lack since the infection in that case should spread very fast. Therefore, you will lye around for a while before being able to move as a “new” Kabane. The mother’s case is still illogical because they are both infected and if the infection is deadly (by reaching the brain) then both should lye around. In addition, the amount of dosis doesn’t excuse if you are going to lye around or not.

Now you are making things up. The mother is logical considering small scratches takes at most three days to "express" themselves in the skin. Why else there would be a three days rule they keep mentiong? To confuse the unwitty?

kamisama751 said:
KoreaWS said:

Are you dismissing the size of the bites again?
In fact... Now that I think about it... The only way Kabaneri would be made is if you are inflicted through a huge bite. Now I wanna see Mumei's backstory.

What has the size of bite anything to do with how long the virus can live without reaching the brain? Her backstory is just another melodrama, nothing looking forward to.

The anime has shown a correlation between injury size and time it takes to develop.
>Implying I care about melodrama
How jumping to conclusions helps your case?

PiggyBancon said:
KoreaWS said:

I already said in episode 1 discussion that Ikoma's gun is useless. It literally have the same effect as the suicide bag. You need to be at point blank range for it to work.

As it is, yeah, its useless. It's however a step forward compared to the point blank suicide bag, and a huge leap compared to the steam muskets and the katanas, and there's not actual reason to believe they couldn't had improved it if the convenient plot wasn't so convenient.

kamisama751 said:

The best show of the season is Jojo by the way.

This guy knows the real deal. If MSG Thunderbolt wasn't a thing that ended this season, I'd share the same opinion.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Apr 29, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
the ost is just amazing no surprise there and of course there stupid people who think that the people that helped them are their enemies
Apr 29, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2007
redgrave_zero said:
Fai said:
Any comparisons to AOT at this point are idiocy at best.

How can you say that so casually after that stupid moment on the train?

There's nothing in this episode that you would not find in a zombie movie or the walking dead.
Apr 29, 2016 10:56 AM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:

As we have seen from episode one the virus will die in a second (for a scientific reason) if it doesn’t reach the brain fast enough. Then in this episode, it needs a whole day and doesn’t die. Contradicting.

We still don't know what exactly happened in episode one, so I can just assume we will get an explanation later. Instead of having Ikoma explain in dialogue, we could get a flashback of Mumei's attempt stopping the virus instead. I believe that the virus does reach the entire body quickly, however takes some time to develop completely, which is why the 3 day rule exists in the first place. Ikoma's sister didn't turn into a Kabane right away as seen in the latest episode. He first ran away to look for help and then came back some significant time later to kill her.

The sister obviously moved her eyes and she is just bitten once since her clothes and so on are all at the right place. It is the same situation like Ikoma’s (the virus reached the brain). How can that “kill” someone? There is no difference to the pregnant mother’s.

Not so sure, but I believe that having half your neck bitten off might lead to your death. You can try it yourself for the sake of science, if you like.

The fire is the problem, not the stopping. It is completely illogical for doing something that will kill yourselves when you want to survive. You want to pray? Good, do it. Let’s make fire for attracting the Kabanes? Idiots.

I guess you have a point. I could probably defend it by saying that they "made sure there weren't any Kabane nearby", but it's honestly not that good of an excuse. I can say, however, that in difficult times belief is an important factor.

Samurais are represented as assholes because the plot says so.

You might want to remove this one since with the episode 3 ending you can see what they were worried about and why they had to be overprotective assholes.
archaaiApr 29, 2016 11:05 AM
Apr 29, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
kamisama751 said:
BlueBalls said:
Just lol @ all the nitpickers. These were the guys who spammed "Guilty crown 2.0" or "Trainwreck titan" and now they're desperately trying to justify their hate because they can't stand being WRONG.

Apply this kind of nitpicking to your favourite show why don't you, and see how it holds up.

Stay mad, this is likely to be the best show this season and the only one I would consider rating 8/10.

Don't know who you are refering to but I will be very glad if someone actually can do this kind of "nittpicking" (even though it isn't) to my favourites.

--Show Ghost in the fail major mistakes--

Nitpicking
i
t
p
i
c
k
i
n
g
BoiiiiiiiiiiApr 29, 2016 11:12 AM
Apr 29, 2016 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
Ikoma's constant speeches on how he wants to kill the Kabane feel kind of cliche, but it's tolerable. Nice to see Ayame step up as a leader (ofc only to get her life threatened 5 fucking seconds later lmfao. this is going to go over great next episode. if ayame isn't on their side then who will defend them?)

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes it gets kind of annoying how in shows, people put in the trainer/leader position forget to mention important stuff, or just never explain themselves. I get that Mumei is very confident in herself, enough that she doesn't fear the people on the train, but she could have at least told Ikoma a little bit more about how his life was like while they were sparring. The fact that they need to subsist off of blood seems like an extremely important detail that's kind of hard to forget. I understand it was used as a plot device so things could get more complex but come on now, lmfao. This makes the samurai's defensiveness a little bit more understandable now. Annoying, but understandable.

I doubt Ayame will become a kabaneri. I just think this incident will cause more chaos.

3/5
1290349450394aApr 29, 2016 11:37 AM
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 29, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2013
ChutneyTooSpicy said:
That cliffhanger though...
She'll be fine, but it would create more problems of he was caught going in for the bite. And the fact that they need blood to survive also won't help their case. Hopefully by the end of next episode, they are seen as allies by everyone, otherwise I'm hoping people die.

I agree. This show is good so far, but I don't know how much longer I can take the "we're not kabane!" "but they're kabane!" back and forth. Hopefully they make it to the station soon lmfao.
Apr 29, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
Like...I wanna say the baby was infected but that would mean the women had sex with someone who was infected within that three day span? So that may or may not make sense and would just make more sense if the women got infected. However if the woman was infected Mumei would have noticed it right away instead of sensing it and then losing it. So it might have been the baby infected with that logic.

Cool the Kanaberi need blood to survive...I guess that's cool.
Ikoma about to suck that blood from Ayame...damn what a cliffhanger!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 29, 2016 11:18 AM
Aug 2015
BlueBalls said:
kamisama751 said:

Don't know who you are refering to but I will be very glad if someone actually can do this kind of "nittpicking" (even though it isn't) to my favourites.

--Show Ghost in the fail major mistakes--

Nitpicking
i
t
p
i
c
k
i
n
g

Amazing. If I have to hear another of the good ol' "because the plot says so" excuse, I'll fucking go mad. He asked for it, I guess.
Apr 29, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
@On_the_Lam

His trolling was funny until he tried to dress it up as legitimate criticism.

We finally get a good action anime and what do people do? They whine about non-issues because they decided that they didn't like the show before it even aired and now they're too stubborn/childish to change their mind.

Yeah it's not perfect but what show is?

From what I've seen of Jojo it doesn't hold a candle to this.
Apr 29, 2016 11:27 AM
Aug 2015
tinybunnvevo said:
ChutneyTooSpicy said:
That cliffhanger though...
She'll be fine, but it would create more problems of he was caught going in for the bite. And the fact that they need blood to survive also won't help their case. Hopefully by the end of next episode, they are seen as allies by everyone, otherwise I'm hoping people die.

I agree. This show is good so far, but I don't know how much longer I can take the "we're not kabane!" "but they're kabane!" back and forth. Hopefully they make it to the station soon lmfao.

Not much longer since the "we're not Kabane" plotline has only been around for the latter half of episode two and entirety of episode 3.
Apr 29, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2015
Only thing I kept asking this episode: when will that bodyguard dude die already? Him on the screen makes me roll my eyes every time again. I find many of the civilians laughable as well in this episode. It honestly annoyed me at how they kept nagging about throwing those two out, despite the fact they saved those people. Although, I wonder how things will go now after that ending.

Even though not much happened this episode (in terms of action), it was still a good episode nonetheless. The short backstory was pretty good and I didn't expect that pregnant woman to turn into a Kabane. Sad stuff.

Apr 29, 2016 11:34 AM
Aug 2015
Reverberate__ said:
Only thing I kept asking this episode: when will that bodyguard dude die already? Him on the screen makes me roll my eyes every time again. I find many of the civilians laughable as well in this episode. It honestly annoyed me at how they kept nagging about throwing those two out, despite the fact they saved those people. Although, I wonder how things will go now after that ending.

Even though not much happened this episode (in terms of action), it was still a good episode nonetheless. The short backstory was pretty good and I didn't expect that pregnant woman to turn into a Kabane. Sad stuff.

I don't understand the hate for the "samurai". He's just trying to protect the person he's assigned to protect.
Apr 29, 2016 11:37 AM
Nov 2015
In the op what's up with the scene where Ikomas sister transitions to Mumei. Also it says on the wiki that Mumeis 12
Apr 29, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2008
Catreat said:
In the op what's up with the scene where Ikomas sister transitions to Mumei. Also it says on the wiki that Mumeis 12

I'd say it's just symbolism meant to show he's gonna tie his destiny to her like it had been to his sister.

May 2015
On_the_Lam said:
Reverberate__ said:

I don't understand the hate for the "samurai". He's just trying to protect the person he's assigned to protect.

I understand he's trying to protect the people, but in his case, it's gotten to the point it's unbearable to watch that guy. His personality isn't the best either. I honestly can't bother with such a character we've seen so many times before.

Dec 2015
Un capitulo tranquilo.. Que a la final nos deja con unas sorpresas....
Apr 29, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
On_the_Lam said:
tinybunnvevo said:

Not much longer since the "we're not Kabane" plotline has only been around for the latter half of episode two and entirety of episode 3.

That's true, though the tension created by this back and forth has begun to annoy me. Unlike others here, I'm willing to let the show finish telling the story though lol. It IS only episode 3, so I'm sure they will move off that line eventually and tackle a new issue.
Apr 29, 2016 11:44 AM
Aug 2015
BlueBalls said:
@On_the_Lam

His trolling was funny until he tried to dress it up as legitimate criticism.

We finally get a good action anime and what do people do? They whine about non-issues because they decided that they didn't like the show before it even aired and now they're too stubborn/childish to change their mind.

Yeah it's not perfect but what show is?

From what I've seen of Jojo it doesn't hold a candle to this.

We can't talk about perfection yet, since only 3 episodes have been aired. I remember when everyone thought Erased was going to be the best anime of the year and then went completely downhill by episode 9 or 10. Shocker.

Kabaneri isn't amazing, but it's got potential. AoT similarities are unavoidable, but it does have its own charm. My only issue would be that in AoT you get this feeling of danger and the epic moments are on a larger scale, whereas in Kabaeri everything feels just kind of average so far. Let's hope it's building up for something great.
Apr 29, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
Reverberate__ said:
On_the_Lam said:

I understand he's trying to protect the people, but in his case, it's gotten to the point it's unbearable to watch that guy. His personality isn't the best either. I honestly can't bother with such a character we've seen so many times before.

He hasn't yet had his time to shine; if he's got a bigger role and backstory, that is. He isn't that much on-screen anyway.
Apr 29, 2016 11:51 AM
Apr 2016
Fappa said:
Ikoma...please no "My purpose in life is to kill all Kabane" line.

Don't do this to me man.

Well this faux pas aside enjoyable episode as always. Nothing mind blowing but also miles away from being bad.

Indeed, after that i felt like i was re-whatching shingeki no kyojin, exactally the same as Eren yelling "My purpose is to kill all giants".
Apr 29, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
Now we are seeing the bad side of being a Kabaneri. They also thirst for blood.
Mumei's face is very funny when she is with the children. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2016 12:36 PM
Aug 2015
Crodu_ said:
Fappa said:
Ikoma...please no "My purpose in life is to kill all Kabane" line.

Don't do this to me man.

Well this faux pas aside enjoyable episode as always. Nothing mind blowing but also miles away from being bad.

Indeed, after that i felt like i was re-whatching shingeki no kyojin, exactally the same as Eren yelling "My purpose is to kill all giants".

Mumei and Ikoma's conversation about Ikoma's cliched backstory did help a bit, though.
Apr 29, 2016 12:47 PM
Apr 2016
DrBlock42 said:
And I really liked the foreigner - I'm not sure, but the voice actor sounds like he's not actually japanese. It added a bit of credibility to the show to implement people of another origin than Japan.

And I have one probleme with this epsiode: How got the mother infected? Ikomas infection spread in like 30 seconds. The last contact the mother could have had with a Kabane was almost a day ago (I assume - at least multiple houres)

I don't think the VA for the foreigner was actually foreign (I didn't see any foreign names on the staff list), but the accent was awesome regardless, so I suppose it doesn't matter much! I kind of wonder why his accent is so heavy if there isn't a substantial number of foreigners in the various stations, but eh, his backstory isn't explained yet and I'm willing to accept it for now. It certainly opens up some interesting possibilities!

Assuming that kabane operate on zombie rules though, I'm totally willing to accept that the mom's was delayed for any number of reasons. It could be a different strain with a longer incubation period, she could have had a much smaller bite and therefor less of the "disease" got into her system at first, etc. etc. There's any number of reasons, though I guess it's kind of like the foreigner in that if the show doesn't bother justifying/explaining I'm gonna side-eye it real hard lol.
Apr 29, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2008
On_the_Lam said:
Crodu_ said:

Mumei and Ikoma's conversation about Ikoma's cliched backstory did help a bit, though.

I did find it a little amusing how even they were taking shots at the story for being so common of a story. But then that doesn't matter as much as what the person chose to do as a consequence of that story.
Apr 29, 2016 1:08 PM
Jan 2016
This episode just show the retarded factor of this series like the first, and a little things that make a clear reference
to Attack on Titan, like Ikoma sister's death, that curiosly happened five years ago like Eren mother's death after his training.

A group of oldd men ask to stop the train to pray for the fallen.
Sure, because this does not give the posibility to any group of zombies approaching the train for attacking them.

A pregnant woman gives signals of have been bitten, and consequently became in a zombie.
Do you remember in what moment that woman was bitten? I don't. When the fuck did that happen?
This is just a convenience for Mumei perception was correct and she and Ikoma not remain as rebels.

In a scene Ikoma ask Mumei about the noose around her neck. She says that it retains his strength, and if it removes she can use
all her force. Sure, because a wool piece retaining the strength makes sense.

In the third part of the episode Mumei ask blood for eating.
What a big surprise, she is now a half vampire instead of a half zombie.
Apr 29, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one here that hates Mumei? sorry don't have time to read the comments here but god she annoys me for some reason. I guess it's because she really thinks she's the best and can do whatever and smug on that, would love to see someone take her down a notch.
Apr 29, 2016 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
ptsdgregor said:
DrBlock42 said:
And I really liked the foreigner - I'm not sure, but the voice actor sounds like he's not actually japanese. It added a bit of credibility to the show to implement people of another origin than Japan.

And I have one probleme with this epsiode: How got the mother infected? Ikomas infection spread in like 30 seconds. The last contact the mother could have had with a Kabane was almost a day ago (I assume - at least multiple houres)

I don't think the VA for the foreigner was actually foreign (I didn't see any foreign names on the staff list), but the accent was awesome regardless, so I suppose it doesn't matter much! I kind of wonder why his accent is so heavy if there isn't a substantial number of foreigners in the various stations, but eh, his backstory isn't explained yet and I'm willing to accept it for now. It certainly opens up some interesting possibilities!

Assuming that kabane operate on zombie rules though, I'm totally willing to accept that the mom's was delayed for any number of reasons. It could be a different strain with a longer incubation period, she could have had a much smaller bite and therefor less of the "disease" got into her system at first, etc. etc. There's any number of reasons, though I guess it's kind of like the foreigner in that if the show doesn't bother justifying/explaining I'm gonna side-eye it real hard lol.

I noticed a character named Suzuki voiced by a マックスウェル・パワーズ. Apparently he grew up in California and is 1/4 Japanese: His Wikipedia Page (Japanese)

The English words just sounded too good to be your average Japanese VA trying to sound North American.
Apr 29, 2016 1:22 PM

Feb 2014
Oh my god... This show is so stupidly melodramatic it's just unbearable.

BTW guys, don't try logically justify Kabane virus or even plot because it's simply impossible.
TyrelApr 29, 2016 2:04 PM
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Apr 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
not many action but DAMN!
so one thing about Kabaneri; They need to drink blood to survive i guess. so something like a vampire. a combi between vampire and zombie, pretty interesting imo. but DAMMIT! that cliffhanger!!! and the scene when Mumei wanted a blood was scared the shit out of me. unfortunately the lady with a baby turned into Kabane. i thougth about that but i didn't want to belive it. DAMN! that was cruel.

that cliffhanger is seriously killing me. looking foward for the next episode.
raitng drop 0.1 tho. let's see.......

Edit: my god. this thread discussion just turn into kabane.
Apr 29, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
i have to say so far i don't enjoy this show. the dialogues are cringy, the mc design is horrible and the whole atmosphere feels like a snk copy and paste...and how hard they try to make the girl look badass...
6/10 at best

Apr 29, 2016 1:33 PM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:

What happened in episode one is already clear. Ikoma just saw his sister was bitten and then run right away. As I mentioned somewhere above in this thread a “new” Kabane needs to lye for a while before being able to move.
Even if they need some time to develop you can clearly see the infection due to the color and the partially glowing skin.

That's not the scene I was referring to, but whatever. Even if I tried to explain any further, you would still dismiss it as "scientifically impossible" because Kabane or zombies or whatever are scientifically possible.

She got bitten at the place between her neck and shoulder, which won’t lead to (such a) fast dead (see red circle). Half the neck is the blue circle.

Bear in mind that she's a child and obviously not as fragile as the average adult. Also, people can die from shock too. But you're the science guy, so you obviously know better.

They can also do it after they arrive. It is not like they must do it right there. Can’t imagine that steampunk and religion can be mixed.

(eyeroll) Well, start doing so, because it's already happened.
Apr 29, 2016 1:44 PM
Aug 2015
Why do episodes always have to end at the best part!?!?!
Apr 29, 2016 1:46 PM
Aug 2015
kamisama751 said:

On_the_Lam said:

Bear in mind that she's a child and obviously not as fragile as the average adult. Also, people can die from shock too. But you're the science guy, so you obviously know better.

It is just impossible to die so fast if you got bitten at that position no matter your age. The rpotagonist from Konsuba is the only character person I know who died due to shock.

"God damn, it is so shocking I shocked to dead."
- Ikoma's imouto 2016

Yup, I officially can't take you seriously anymore. Good luck with the science non-sense you're trying to justify your obviously flawed opinion with on something that hasn't even had its time to shine yet, though I'm personally not sure if it will.
Apr 29, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
@Kamisama751 I do see the relation between injury size and time it takes to manifest, which is also addressed with the 3 days rule.

Anonymous Fella > Chomped through a glove. Safe to assume it's leather made. Killed himself pretty fast so we didn't even had time to see himself transforming
Ikoma>Huge chomp, we see him develop fast
Ikoma's sister>Huge chomp, we see her develop in what could be considered a short time
Mother> Slow transformation, although we don't see the injury or scratch, is precisely for what is has been presented that we can assume is a relatively small scratch.

The 3 days rule is there to imprison people suspected to turn into a Kabane due to an scratch or small bite. Such arbitrary number should had come from observation, considering they have plenty of time to see how the curse develops.

Is that simple, no contradiction has been shown and the only problem you see is because you are trying to overthink something like some kind of virologist analizing a Not-a-curse virus instead of simply compare the situations in the show.

Also, nice logical fallacy
Ikoma said all that are science in episode one, not me. So they need to explain it scientifically. :D

Ikoma said it's not a curse, therefore, it's science!! And not any science, our world science!! The one without zombies!!
Just because the scientific method is implied, inmediately the science of our world is applicable there. Brilliant!!
ThieveryApr 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 29, 2016 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
kamisama751 said:

How fast it spreads has nothing to do with how "big" the byte is. Additionally, the lifetime of the virus still applies. How are you going to explain that?

Why are you so sure that it has nothing to do with it, if the anime shows otherwise? I presented the proof, where's yours?

Why you still insist is a virus, if until now we only know its "not a curse", according to Ikoma, and a curse according to everyone else? Nice jump to conclusions.

I can't explain it. I only take the conclusions I can draw from what the show has presented until now, which in relation to this topic has been the most concise thing it has.

I dismissed the obvious bait, naturally. Funny you can be a cynic too :D

Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.