Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Cardcaptor Sakura' Gets Sequel Series

New
Apr 26, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
As part of the 20th anniversary to celebrate the Cardcaptor Sakura franchise, a new manga sequel series will be released by the creative members of CLAMP. According to the June issue of Nakayoshi magazine, the new series will take place after the protagonist Sakura has graduated from Tomoeda Elementary School as she sees a mysterious dream one day and will start on July issue, releasing June 3, 2016.

The original series was published for a period of four years from May 1996 to July 2000. The anime series is currently being rebroadcasted on NHK, which is also a part of 20th anniversary celebration.

Source: Otakomu

Cardcaptor Sakura (2016) on MAL
arsonalJun 2, 2016 10:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2016 7:36 AM
Apr 2016
OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL CARES
Apr 26, 2016 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
^Is this bait?

OT: Noice

Guess I'll have to watch the anime then
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 26, 2016 7:38 AM
Feb 2008
CLAMP never change, do they?
Apr 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Sep 2015
Weeeird, I feel like I have read this news before... Must be on a different site
Apr 26, 2016 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
I'll look forward to this. Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favorite franchises and I've enjoyed almost every bit of the TV series.

The question will be how long the manga will be though but hopefully something memorable. I got nostalgia after seeing this news already.
Apr 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2010
This is most likely going to be connected to Tsubasa Reservoir, which will make the storyline confusing. Probably.
Apr 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2007
Ioryogi-kun said:
Weeeird, I feel like I have read this news before... Must be on a different site
It has been news about CCS having a new manga to celebrate 20th anniversary, but no detail earlier. It's probably that?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2016 7:45 AM
Nov 2011
This is nice, I thought clamp was done.
Apr 26, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2015
This is kind of cool. I've never read the original manga, but I've watched the anime, so I reckon I'll read this when it starts publishing.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Apr 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Sep 2015
tsubasalover said:
Ioryogi-kun said:
It has been news about CCS having a new manga to celebrate 20th anniversary, but no detail earlier. It's probably that?

Probably? I don't know it felt like it was months ago... and definitely not from MAL
Apr 26, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2014
honestly, i would not rather continue Sakura, this is the very first show that lend me to watching anime in the first place...

the story is rather complete with the movie's ending is very satisfying...

but as a fan, more sakura is welcome, can't wait for it... seeing sakura all grown up is very good, but adding other male characters other syaoran is a minus to be honest...
Apr 26, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
So this is basically what ties CCS together with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
Apr 26, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2015
oh the manga of the first anime I ever remember seeing ,gets a sequel.
I do not know how to react?

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Apr 26, 2016 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
Neat. Can't wait.
Apr 26, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2008
karsten69 said:
So this is basically what ties CCS together with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Or, maybe this will just be the years
That is also a possibility.

Apr 26, 2016 8:17 AM

Jun 2015
shellykanto said:
This is most likely going to be connected to Tsubasa Reservoir, which will make the storyline confusing. Probably.

When was the last time you'd say it wasn't confusing?
Apr 26, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2012
That's good to hear it.
I'm gonna re-watch the anime if the manga sequel gets anime adaptation.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 26, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2012
Good for the fans but its way too late for me to get into this mahou shoujo franchise.
Apr 26, 2016 8:33 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sounds like a pretty weird decision but fair enough
Apr 26, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
well sounds like I haven't sold my soul for nothing
it will be horrible and I'm gonna love it
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 26, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2016
yeeeessssssssssssss! I'll surely read. I hope it will be published online as well. More Sakura x Shaoran.
Apr 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
OH MY GOD.

My friend Jenna is going to flip her shit. XD

OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL CARES

EVERYONE DUR.

Apr 26, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2015
MaxXZoe said:
honestly, i would not rather continue Sakura, this is the very first show that lend me to watching anime in the first place...

the story is rather complete with the movie's ending is very satisfying...

but as a fan, more sakura is welcome, can't wait for it... seeing sakura all grown up is very good, but adding other male characters other syaoran is a minus to be honest...

I have to kinda agree I found the end to be quite satisfying, so I don't know if I'd really be comfortable with this sequel. I mean even if we get to see Sakura more grown up, I already feel that she has fulfilled what was asked of her in CCS
Apr 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2007
Great news! It has been the benchmark for Mahou Shoujo anime/manga. I still remember I pretty much hated it when I was in my rebellious age lol and then fell in love with it years later after picking it up again. This anime/manga is probably for people of all ages (except for 13 year old boys I think, lol.). A classic of classics.

People talk about a lot of MADHOUSE anime nowadays, but to me, CardCaptor Sakura is what makes the Studio what it is today. The effort that was put by the studio in this anime made me a big fan of them ever since I fell in love with the franchise. I have seen the anime series and the two movies so many times that I still remember every single minute of it! The second movie till this day easily makes it in my all time top 5 anime movies.

I am excited! I have never read the original manga so maybe I will pick the original manga first. I heart it so I am sure I will love reading the manga.

Btw, my sister will love it when she hears the news!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
Madhouse you know what to do :)

How many ongoing series does that make now for CLAMP? 6? 7?
Talk about unprofessional.
Apr 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
ichii_1 said:
Madhouse you know what to do :)

How many ongoing series does that make now for CLAMP? 6? 7?
Talk about unprofessional.

They also know what not to put into this adaptation. It must not have "that" kind of animation every studio is trying to force down our throats.

shellykanto said:

I hope not, I dropped that series.

Apr 26, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
Hoppy said:
shellykanto said:

The TV series or the manga? Because if it's the latter I am interested in your comment as I had planned to read the manga. The manga is highly regarded amongst fans so I am curious. I dropped the TV series too but Tokyo Revelations and Spring Thunder are fantastic OVAs and made me wonder why they didn't get to the point in the TV series instead of rinse and repeat for 52 episodes.
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2011
lol, freaking CLAMP.
Apr 26, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
shanimebib said:
Hoppy said:

The TV series or the manga? Because if it's the latter I am interested in your comment as I had planned to read the manga. The manga is highly regarded amongst fans so I am curious. I dropped the TV series too but Tokyo Revelations and Spring Thunder are fantastic OVAs and made me wonder why they didn't get to the point in the TV series instead of rinse and repeat for 52 episodes.

I dropped the TV anime.

Apr 26, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
Hoppy said:
shanimebib said:

I dropped the TV anime.

I see. Thanks. But you may wanna try Tokyo Revelations and Spring Thunder even though you have dropped the TV series (just like me). Tokyo Revelations in particular is absolutely brilliant.
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2013
I have mixed feelings about this. I mean, for one thing, I was thinking there was going to be something for CCS's 20th anniversary, although I personally would've preferred an anime OVA or whatever--if I ever plan on reading the manga, it'll be when it's finished so I can breeze through it at once.

The other thing is this is purely based on nostalgia, and I don't feel this is really all that necessary. I didn't feel there needed to be a continuation. At the very least, the very end of the manga ended happier than the TV series did (yes, there was The Sealed Card, but still). Since it doesn't look like Shaoran Li will be in the manga, at least not in person, I'm just not that interested. And also, what else could they do with Sakura? She's obviously not going to change as a character, and the world's not going to change from it's happy-go-lucky-lovey-dovey-let's-all-love-Sakura mindeset. What, are we going to get more Clow Reed being a little creepy about the fact he knew this young girl was going to continue his work for him? Or hell, you know, maybe Sakura could be creating her own Sakura Cards during that time. That's honestly the only other thing I can think of that they can do with her.

Otherwise, I'm just really not feeling it at this point in time, and I don't know if I will. My reaction is the same reaction to the Fruits Basket spin-off-sequel: "Huh."
Apr 26, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
Maybe i can waiting this sequel manga in my local bookstore sometime in the future
Apr 26, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
I give it two chapters before we see a new announcement but this time because it goes on hiatus

I love CCS but I'm too scared to start it and then never see the end of it

I don't and I can't trust you, Clamp >_>

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 26, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2014
So mangakas are making the same desperate cash-grabs as Hollywood by rebooting franchises that already have proper endings? If you feel the need to create, do it on a clean slate. This is horrendous.
Apr 26, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
I'd rather see them finishing X.
Oh well I'll still give it a try since I do have a soft spot for Clamp.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 26, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
This is certainly a logical next project for Clamp. Who cares about publishing the rest of X or continuing Clover? :^)
Apr 26, 2016 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:
Tokyo Revelations and Spring Thunder are fantastic OVAs and made me wonder why they didn't get to the point in the TV series instead of rinse and repeat for 52 episodes.

Because apparently the biggest sponsor for TRC anime wanted it to be a kid friendly anime, so they deliberately did not include those parts (it's either NHK's fault or the studio's messed up, or both). Clamp themselves weren't happy about it that's why they decided to change animation studio to Production I.G. for the OVA, and they disowned the anime lol XD

Anyway, I hope a good studio will get this (not sure if Madhouse still has the rights). Older Sakura is always welcome! And don't forget Kero <3
Apr 26, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
When I saw this my mouth dropped
Card Captor has to be one of the first manga's I've read from clamp
and I really enjoyed it. Although I really havnt watched all the episodes to the show just some. I will read the manga when it hits the stores or library

Apr 26, 2016 12:01 PM
Aug 2011
I feel like their ~sequels~ never work out for them.
Apr 26, 2016 12:04 PM

Nov 2011
JESUS DICK

FO REAL NIGGA?????

IT IS ABOUT THE TIME, KLAMP
Apr 26, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
So many negative responses. Cash grab? Sorry, but that's how the world works. They're trying to make money, and Cardcaptor Sakura is a beloved series. It seems logical to me that they'd continue their arguably most successful franchise, especially considering how CLAMP hasn't been relative in years.
If done well, this could be a dream come true.
I won't put my hopes too high, but I love Cardcaptor Sakura so much~ So I'm excited!
Apr 26, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Wow I wasn't expecting this news... I too have some mixed feelings... but man I'm actually really excited!!!!! :P
Apr 26, 2016 2:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
As much as I love the series, and it being one of my first anime and manga, I don't think it needs a sequel either. But at least from the preview picture it doesn't seem like CLAMP is drawing it in the long body and limbs art style, thank goodness. Even if I don't think it's necessary, I'll definitely be trying it out.
Apr 26, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, CCS was one of my earlier series...Good luck, CLAMP. Do your best. :3
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 26, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
Jesus don't get me wrong I loved this series but my good they need to finish their others first.
[/url]
Apr 26, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
damn this making me want to finish the anime now

Apr 26, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Love the anime for Cardcaptor Sakura. Happy to see more Cardcaptor Sakura with gorgeous art by Clamp but they should finish their halted mangas like X.
Apr 26, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2015
Hopefully this will be as great as the original. I always wanted to see what would happen to Sakura as she grew up, especially after our glimpse in Tsubasa Chronicle (it'll probably link). So as long as they take the character in an interesting direction and it doesn't go on hiatus indefinitely I'm all for it.
Apr 26, 2016 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
So are Syaoran and Sakura a couple?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.