Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Feb 19, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2015
merryfistmas said:
AltoRoark99 said:

Well yeah, but then shouldn't it have gone back when Airi was in danger?
But Airi didn't die. As far as I can tell, it only goes off if somebody dies near him. Idk how close they have to be, whether it's based on physical distance or relationships, or any of the other intricacies.

But...nobody died before the second reset. :/
Feb 19, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
merryfistmas said:
But Airi didn't die. As far as I can tell, it only goes off if somebody dies near him. Idk how close they have to be, whether it's based on physical distance or relationships, or any of the other intricacies.

Didn't his mom die?
Feb 19, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
merryfistmas said:
AltoRoark99 said:

Didn't his mom die?
No, I'm talking about the reset in the latest episode. When he got arrested.
Feb 19, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
merryfistmas said:
Didn't his mom die?
No, I'm talking about the reset in the latest episode. When he got arrested.
Oh, I haven't seen that on yet, but I will be disappointed if this power turns out to work whenever it's convenient.
Feb 19, 2016 1:01 PM

Oct 2014
merryfistmas said:
AltoRoark99 said:

Not exactly sure why it reset a second time, but it was clearly for a reason. We'll most likely see all the pieces put together in the end.

But hey, if that doesn't happen, I'll gladly retract my words.
I'm pretty sure it sends him back whenever someone near him dies, and he goes back as far as is needed to save them. It seemed pretty straightforward to me.

No one died when he was arrested and he still was able to go back in time
Feb 19, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
@gabrielrroiz So I've finally come to a conclusion. The reason the revival didn't activate when Airi's house was burning is because everything turned out okay in the end. Airi was rescued by both Satoru and the manager. And Satoru wasn't convicted because Airi put the phone in his pocket before the police came. No mistakes to rewrite.

If there's one thing this show could've done better at, it's properly explaining the mechanics of the revival. I'm sure if the explanation wasn't so vague, we wouldn't be having so much confusion.
Feb 19, 2016 2:16 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
@gabrielrroiz So I've finally come to a conclusion. The reason the revival didn't activate when Airi's house was burning is because everything turned out okay in the end. Airi was rescued by both Satoru and the manager. And Satoru wasn't convicted because Airi put the phone in his pocket before the police came. No mistakes to rewrite.

If there's one thing this show could've done better at, it's properly explaining the mechanics of the revival. I'm sure if the explanation wasn't so vague, we wouldn't be having so much confusion.

It indeed makes sense thinking like this
But i still think it is lazy the way the revival works of changing only the parts where the protagonist makes a mistake
Feb 20, 2016 10:03 AM

Feb 2013
Oh man that scene at the end....the suspect does look like the teacher...damn.

Feb 21, 2016 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Only another Revival will save him at this point.
Feb 22, 2016 1:17 AM

Dec 2012
I've seen those red eyes before...
His teacher had them!

Pretty sure we're gonna have another time leap.
Feb 22, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
Really good episode. I think I'll have to re-watch all of the episodes so far and pay a bit more attention.
Feb 22, 2016 7:54 PM

Jun 2012
At least he realizes everything hes done so far has been completely retarded.
Feb 23, 2016 2:19 AM

Dec 2013
Shuhan said:
At least he realizes everything hes done so far has been completely retarded.

Other than running away from the police what has he done that is so retarded?
Feb 23, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
merryfistmas said:

The resets go off whenever he gets to a point of finding out more information to solving the crime. In this case it was Airi telling him about the city councilmen and him seeing the suspect at his arrest. The first one was with his mother's stabbing (he was inquiring about the cases in 1988 again before that and his mom recognized the killer). The resets that were introduced to us at the beginning were actually leading up to the first event of his mother getting killed and him inquiring about the cases again before his mother's death. They also led him to his involvement with Airi as you see now. They all serve a purpose to further his solving of the 1988 cases. They are certainly not random, you can say his entire life was a practice run to help solve the 1988 cases during the first revival.
Feb 24, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Of course Hiromi was a boy lol. Traps, traps everywhere.
Mar 1, 2016 2:06 AM

Aug 2014
Finally some detective work done by the MC. I was really started to think he's your average dumb MC.
As for plot, I'm really sure that Kenya kid has something to do with the murders. He's seems pretty inteligent too.
Mar 1, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2008
That ending scene was very shitty. Poor Satoru.
Mar 1, 2016 8:24 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, it's been a while since I was so invested in an anime that wasn't all cuteness and fluff. GOD THIS IS SO TENSE.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 2, 2016 7:24 AM

Oct 2015
That ending reminded me of Life is Strange.
Mar 4, 2016 4:21 AM

Feb 2016
Can somebody kill that men in black for me XD
Mar 4, 2016 10:46 PM
Jul 2015
Konoetan said:
I'm glad Airi is alive, but I really dislike that manager. He's just a pedophile with bad intentions. Then there is poor Satoru who still can't catch a break. I honestly have no idea how he will fix this. No hints, no help, nothing. :c

All these cliffhangers will be the end of me.

the same could be said for Satoru....he has become infatued with this girl even though he is 29 in his 11 year old body.
Mar 5, 2016 10:05 AM
Feb 2016
nogitsunechaos said:
Konoetan said:
I'm glad Airi is alive, but I really dislike that manager. He's just a pedophile with bad intentions. Then there is poor Satoru who still can't catch a break. I honestly have no idea how he will fix this. No hints, no help, nothing. :c

All these cliffhangers will be the end of me.

the same could be said for Satoru....he has become infatued with this girl even though he is 29 in his 11 year old body.

No, there's nothing wrong with him being infatuated with Kayo because he's a kid, regardless of how "advanced" his mind his he's still a child.

Are you suggesting that he'd have to date a grown woman at the age of 11 because his "mind" is more advanced?
Mar 5, 2016 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
Airi is a great girl.

Killer(?) spotted! Of course his identity isn't revealed to the audience yet (this is as it should be).
Mar 8, 2016 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
That sunnovabitch teacher! (and he was the one who gave him to the police in the end). Now it's obvious who killer is... Wouldn't be surprised if Satoru snapped at him right at the place.

And now it finally happen what was obvious from the first time and main hero goes to prison. I just wonder how his ability kicks in there and for whatever reason given.

Still, for a Airi's mother to be so willing to endanger her own child (but maybe he(the killer/government official) convinced her to let her go to make her lead them to him).
Mar 8, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
merryfistmas said:
As far as I can tell, it only goes off if somebody dies near him.

Nonsense. Remember Satoru said in the first episode he has had revivals all the time. The chance that you're around people accidentally dying all the time is incredibly small. It is just that we as an audience have only witnessed four revival, in two of which people would have died (buy crossing the road and Satoru's mom).

What should really have caught our interest is Satoru's revival at the supermarket, during which in fact nothing happened, but after which his mother suddenly knew who Kayo's killer was after observing the scruffy looking character talking to the little girl.

My bet is that rather than suspecting Scruffio, it was the sight of him talking to the little girl but nothing happening, that made Satoru's mom realise how deceiving appearances can be, and that Jun was not Kayo's killer. Satoru's revival was meant to prevent his mom from realising this, thus eliminating the 'need' for the murderer to kill her. However, Satoru inadvertedly did precisely the opposite, by alerting his mom following his revival.

Bear in mind that revivals always occur prior to the fact. His revival after her death was triggered by his first imminent arrest, and his revival this episode was triggered by his incarceration that was to follow (and perhaps Airi's murder, since she still knows the murderer's face and will probably continue to investigate).

Finally, in the past timeline, I'm guessing that Jun did take Kayo from the shed, but only to save her. Either that, or he only took the pictures to show to child protective services. His on scene appearance was later abused by her killer to frame him.

OrangeJP said:
The Manager is still fucking scum[/size]

Yup the way he looks at Airi is kinda creepy.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 9, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad he was able to save Airi and that now his mother friend is helping him.
That killer doesn't like to hide, he really likes to show up to see his "work"
Mar 9, 2016 9:53 AM
May 2015
Was anyone able to understand how the MC deduced that killing Hiromi (the boy who looks like a girl) would put the killer off of the suspect list?

Either I'm not understanding something or the deduction doesn't make any sense.
Mar 9, 2016 10:53 PM
Jul 2015
ChainxBastard said:
nogitsunechaos said:

No, there's nothing wrong with him being infatuated with Kayo because he's a kid, regardless of how "advanced" his mind his he's still a child.

Are you suggesting that he'd have to date a grown woman at the age of 11 because his "mind" is more advanced?

He is a grown ass man sent back into his child's body. He even said it himself...he is 29.

At the age of 11 he shouldn't be dating anyone really but it's no different than a body swap.....

It would be completely different if he was sent back in time with no memories or knowledge that he is in fact 29.

So yes it is borderline pedophilic and creepy.
Mar 9, 2016 11:02 PM
Feb 2016
nogitsunechaos said:
ChainxBastard said:

He is a grown ass man sent back into his child's body. He even said it himself...he is 29.

At the age of 11 he shouldn't be dating anyone really but it's no different than a body swap.....

It would be completely different if he was sent back in time with no memories or knowledge that he is in fact 29.

Again, your argument falls apart when you realize that he can't try to pursue a grown woman due to the fact that he still is a child no matter how you want to slice it.

The only way that it reaches "pedophilic" or "creepy" territory is if he blatanty tries to take advantage of her, which he doesn't. He's not taking her home and convincing her to do a strip tease, he just grew to like her whilst helping her.
Mar 9, 2016 11:43 PM
Jul 2015
ChainxBastard said:
nogitsunechaos said:

Again, your argument falls apart when you realize that he can't try to pursue a grown woman due to the fact that he still is a child no matter how you want to slice it.

The only way that it reaches "pedophilic" or "creepy" territory is if he blatanty tries to take advantage of her, which he doesn't. He's not taking her home and convincing her to do a strip tease, he just grew to like her whilst helping her.

It doesn't fall apart because even when he was in his right body he was not pursuing anyone....Yeah it is creepy when his mother asks him is she in the way and he responds yes and then he starts blushing and having to tell himself to chill out during the bath scene with his mom and the girl. Or several times he has freaked out/blushing from just a kiss on the cheek or touching her hand...when you realize this is a grown man in a little boy's body, it may not be pedophilic but it is creepy as hell nonetheless.
Mar 11, 2016 2:59 PM
Feb 2016
nogitsunechaos said:
ChainxBastard said:

It doesn't fall apart because even when he was in his right body he was not pursuing anyone....Yeah it is creepy when his mother asks him is she in the way and he responds yes and then he starts blushing and having to tell himself to chill out during the bath scene with his mom and the girl. Or several times he has freaked out/blushing from just a kiss on the cheek or touching her hand...when you realize this is a grown man in a little boy's body, it may not be pedophilic but it is creepy as hell nonetheless.

It's not creepy because he's a kid now and it's natural for him to be attracted to kids his age. Despite having the "maturity" of a 29 year old and constantly trying to "remind" himself that he's "still" 29, the show goes out of its way to show you that despite what he "thinks" he is, his actions as a kid suggests otherwise due to the fact that the way he views the world and the way his mind works is in constant conflict with how he believes he "should" feel.

If you were 11 years old again, and you helped someone that was your age and you two ended up liking each other, would that make it creepy? No, because it should be natural for you to like someone your age. What would really be creepy would be if you insisted that you had to be with older girls/women just because you had the "mind" of an older person.
Mar 12, 2016 12:56 AM
Jul 2015
ChainxBastard said:
nogitsunechaos said:

It's not creepy because he's a kid now and it's natural for him to be attracted to kids his age. Despite having the "maturity" of a 29 year old and constantly trying to "remind" himself that he's "still" 29, the show goes out of its way to show you that despite what he "thinks" he is, his actions as a kid suggests otherwise due to the fact that the way he views the world and the way his mind works is in constant conflict with how he believes he "should" feel.

If you were 11 years old again, and you helped someone that was your age and you two ended up liking each other, would that make it creepy? No, because it should be natural for you to like someone your age. What would really be creepy would be if you insisted that you had to be with older girls/women just because you had the "mind" of an older person.

You literally make no sense. He went back into his older body.
It's no different if I go back into my 5 year old body.....do I now get to bully my brother who was an ass because I am smart enough to manipulate than I was at 5? No...because it'd be an unfair advantage...because i'd still be 18 years old...just in my five year old body.

Same thing here...he is still 29...in his younger body. He has the same exact mentality, way of acting, and likely the same urges that a twenty nine year old man has....an attraction to a 11 year old girl is creepy.

It would be completely different if Kayo was also back in our younger body and it happened that way. But she is/was dead and therefore him having any romantic and/or sexual interest (the bath scene for example) is creepy when you realize this is not an 11 year old..it's a 29 year old.

I get you anime lovers love young girls and what not but no matter how you try to justify it, it's creepy.
Mar 12, 2016 1:06 AM

Nov 2007
@nogitsunechaos:

Let's just keep the discussions decent and agree that the 10 year old MC cannot get a boner despite having the maturity of a 29 year old even though his actions/thought processes tend to suggest that he just hit his puberty making him neither a 10 year old nor a 29 year old.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 12, 2016 6:24 AM
Feb 2016
nogitsunechaos said:
ChainxBastard said:

It's no different if I go back into my 5 year old body.....do I now get to bully my brother who was an ass because I am smart enough to manipulate than I was at 5? No...because it'd be an unfair advantage...because i'd still be 18 years old...just in my five year old body.

Same thing here...he is still 29...in his younger body. He has the same exact mentality, way of acting, and likely the same urges that a twenty nine year old man has....an attraction to a 11 year old girl is creepy.

It would be completely different if Kayo was also back in our younger body and it happened that way. But she is/was dead and therefore him having any romantic and/or sexual interest (the bath scene for example) is creepy when you realize this is not an 11 year old..it's a 29 year old.

I get you anime lovers love young girls and what not but no matter how you try to justify it, it's creepy.

Lol @ me not making sense.

And your example doesn't work here, sorry. That's you blatantly using your knowledge of your older self to go back and seek revenge against a sibling. That has nothing at all to do with what we're discussing.

He doesn't have the same "urges", nor the exact same "mentality". He doesn't have a filter like most pre-teens his age, and he also tended to "repeat" what he had already done because despite having the "awareness" that he did this all before, he still struggles to change what he had done because he is still in fact a child and has the urge to do what children do.

And what does the bath scene have to do with sexual interest? He was just embarrassed at the thought of Kayo and his mother horsing around while bathing. Again, it would be creepy if he told her to bathe with him, or if he told her to sleep with him, but he does none of the above. Why can't you get that?

I get that you're too ignorant and dense to understand what the show is trying to portray but at this point you need to keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.
Mar 15, 2016 4:47 AM
Jul 2015
ChainxBastard said:
nogitsunechaos said:

Lol @ me not making sense.

And your example doesn't work here, sorry. That's you blatantly using your knowledge of your older self to go back and seek revenge against a sibling. That has nothing at all to do with what we're discussing.

He doesn't have the same "urges", nor the exact same "mentality". He doesn't have a filter like most pre-teens his age, and he also tended to "repeat" what he had already done because despite having the "awareness" that he did this all before, he still struggles to change what he had done because he is still in fact a child and has the urge to do what children do.

And what does the bath scene have to do with sexual interest? He was just embarrassed at the thought of Kayo and his mother horsing around while bathing. Again, it would be creepy if he told her to bathe with him, or if he told her to sleep with him, but he does none of the above. Why can't you get that?

I get that you're too ignorant and dense to understand what the show is trying to portray but at this point you need to keep your
uninformed opinion to yourself.

It is not an opinion. it's a fact. He wasn't embarrassed because they were horsing around. I just went and watched the scene...the sounds/laughter and the fact that after Kayo got out, he was watching her being dried off and blushing.....

Even more hilariously...you claim he is not 29 yet Satorou himself says he is 29 and to get a grip.
Took a screenshot of it...If the character himself says so, how can u sit here and say otherwise.

He has the same exact urges and mentality he had when he was in present day body. More importantly since he has his memories of the present, there have been several times when he basically says something from present day that his 11 year old self couldn't know/wouldn't know...so yes, Satorou is 29 years old in his 11 year old body.

Yes, the pairing with them is creepy.
And yes Satorou was being a bit pervy(not in the preteen way) during the shower scene...

And yes Satorou admitted himself, he was 29.
Mar 21, 2016 12:16 AM

Mar 2016
The flashbacks about Yuuki...are they saying that he actually did have pedo stuff in his house? was that supposed to be his or like he said someone gave them to him, idk seems like a weird thing to focus on but they do keep going back to this over and over.
Mar 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Jul 2014
Thank god Airi survived. It was interesting learning about her father and how that motivates her to help Satoru. That cliffhanger with his arrest though!
[center][/center]
Mar 24, 2016 2:39 PM
Feb 2009
i swear that resembles his teacher mother fcker
Mar 25, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
Airi's such a nice girl ;__; I haven't read any spoilers yet but I think I know who the killer is... and it makes me cringe a little bit.
Mar 25, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2012
Wait, so his childhood friend was killed because somehow something somebody thought he was a girl therefore somebody's name was not on.. a list?

What the actual fuck is the logic behind that scene??
Mar 28, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Really great development, let's see what's next.
Mar 31, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2015
At this point I'm willing to bet that the manager is at the very least an accomplice to the actual murderer. They've hinted at him being interested in under-age girls (though Aira is 17 which is way different than 10-12), and he's a scumbag personality-wise on top of constantly trying to interfere with Satoru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2016 8:04 PM

Jul 2013
tears dropped at the end.
I can add this anime to my too short list, even though it's been for anger this time.
Apr 9, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2008
First time in a long time I've gotten goosebumps from an anime. That ending scene was great.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 13, 2016 12:17 PM
May 2012
Airi <3
Ending was just freakin' awesome!
Apr 22, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2014
that slow-mo ending accompanied with all the sounds. Man it made me so hype for the next episode. It looked SO GOOD
Apr 24, 2016 2:50 AM
Apr 2016
I think I can figure the real killer.....by the eye color!!! Of course I need to check the previous episodes.
But I won't spoil myself with it.
May 20, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah I was gonna say, I wonder why Satoru, a suspected murderer, kept going outside to public places...

Dang that murderer knows how to keep attention away from him...this is a tricky case!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 3:22 AM

May 2014
An interesting episode /but/ I felt couldve been better or deserved more than it got. It had parts that dragged on imo and then parts that seemed rushed. For example, what was Satoru doing so close to Airis house when it was set on fire? It wouldn't make sense for him to hang out if he and Airi suspect the police are keeping an eye on the house. I feel like it was just ~convenient~ to place Satoru there to move the story along and so he could rescue her.
Still I'm super excited to finally meet Sachikos friend, finally Satoru has someone else on his side.

+: Satoru and Airis friendship is developing nicely, they seem to genuinely care for each other and to help each other be happy. Also its funny seeing Satoru try to think of cool things to say. Airis mom is funny how cute of her to cover for her daughter.

-: no more gen y jokes rip
DarlingMay 25, 2016 12:09 AM
May 24, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
SATORU IS INNOCENT. THAT'S A FRAME-UP. DAMN THE POLICE.

Good thing Sawada believes in him too.

Airi is quite clever. First, she slips her phone into his pocket so that Satoru will investigate that message and not be put in a set-up again. Then she decides to switch places with her mom to meet up with him.

But nah, these policemen does show up at the last part to arrest Satoru, who is a victim of conspiracy.

That man among the police crowd in the end. I have a guess who he is.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.