Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Big Order
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 22, 2016 4:49 PM
Dec 2012
I can't say I like or hate this anime. MC's VA is bad... everyone's actually... I can't stop thinking what the f*ck is Akarin doing here!
:v
Apr 22, 2016 4:53 PM

Dec 2014
Legitmately laughed my ass off when not-Yuno kept failing to kill not-Yukiteru.

The show's still very mediocre but at least a step up from the shit last episode. I agree with putting it in the same camp as Mayoiga. Edgelord MC sucks, but I kind of like the whole "hate each other but work together anyway" motif. (Much like in Dimension W last season and Ushio to Tora)

Probably will just give a 4 if it continues the way it is though. Maybe lower if it becomes a trainwreck. (This is likely going to have that fate, I'm sure of it)
Apr 22, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
I know the original material is not that helpful but the direction is really hurting this anime.
It's like he made an effort to make everything the most bland possible.
Even scenes that had such obvious potential he managed to fuck up (like the ''healing flowers'' scene in this episode).
Apr 22, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2011
Yousei Teikoku doing the opening. Hell yeah.

Welp, Eiji has become the king, err the puppet of the 10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
Yikes. That ED hurts my ears.

Honestly, this is the worst anime of the season, along with Hundred and Cerberus. Seems the Mirai Nikki author didn't learn a damn thing. But at least Mirai Nikki was entertaining every now and then.
Apr 22, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was ok, I guess. The "funny" parts weren't really fun (when they're being informal to each other, for example), but at least there wasn't too much comedy, which I think it's unfitting for the story.

The duct scene was bound to be your gratuitous fanservice, but they handled it pretty well. I liked that. I hope Rin and Eiji don't end up together. Eiji needs to sort his life out first.

Poor Rin, though, I was expecting some decisive combat that would test the extent of his Order, but it seems his Order is the be-all and end-all, which is boring, in my opinion. I hope some things are explained in the future.

I don't watch too much of this kind of stories, so I don't really know what to expect.
Apr 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
wow this show managed to become even dumber than it already was
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 22, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2015
I have mixed feelings about this series and mayoiga. I dont know if I should take these shows as "comedy" and call it a day or just drop it now
Apr 22, 2016 6:33 PM

Oct 2013
After Meeting C.C, Yukiteru obtains both a Geass and a STAND.
In this chapter, Yukiteru screws Yuno, by turning her from a psycho Yandere into a Funny Tsundere.
10/10.

Now, He's forced to be a real Lelouch and take over the world to save his sister.
Gotta love Big Order.

It's like watching a better version of Mirai Nikki :D
Apr 22, 2016 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
Better than the first episode imo ^^
Apr 22, 2016 6:59 PM

Jun 2014
Imao i had read the first chapter of this and gave up because it was shit. But after watching this second episode it seems to be some really entertaining shit so I'm gonna roll with it. With his powers it would make sense he would wind up taking over the world but didn't think the campaign would begin in the way it did. Also the scenes with Rin were hilarious
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 22, 2016 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
man this show is pretty dumb,like real dumb lol but i get a good laugh out of it
Apr 22, 2016 7:26 PM
Nov 2014
The production is not very good unfortunately... the director seems to be a newbie for the most part (other than this show, he has only worked on one movie) and his storyboards have looked really awkward. Especially the transitions. It seems like he is mismanaging the budget he gets to work with. Every shot is framed like they have more money than they really do. When Eiji was deflecting bullets, they can't even use CG Bind Dominator. Characters appear in completely different positions from one shot to the next and Rin's commentary on the classic two strategy game of chicken makes it seem less interesting than it really is. In particular, the director handles info dumps poorly and doesn't budget his time wisely. And the script writer is the guy who wrote Aldnoah.Zero from Urobuchi's excellent set-up to wannabe Hamlet.

I'm very disappointed as while Mirai Nikki certainly had its flaws, it was excellently produced and was entertaining to watch, but this just looks awkward with a few moments of greatness smothered by basic mistakes.
Apr 22, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
Sourire said:
still the best comedy of the season.. writing is pretty bad tbh but it makes for good laughs I guess.
If you think it's bad now, wait until it starts to go further in... Ugh. Terrible.
Apr 22, 2016 7:31 PM

Apr 2011
Why can't the main character just use his power to order the illness to go away ?
Apr 22, 2016 7:37 PM
Aug 2014
the author was like "you like code geass and jojo, so I'll make mix all together with modern edgy male fantasy...GENIUS"
can't wait for thatanimesnob to rip this episode a new one
Apr 22, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2015
It's funnier than I expected it to be. I think it's alright for now.
Apr 22, 2016 8:17 PM

Jan 2008
Had no idea this was also a comedy LOL
Apr 22, 2016 8:36 PM

Jul 2009
I'm really beginning to see the Code Geass connection. But it's still good so far.

My only grievance is the beginning. Why the hell is he blushing and saying he wouldn't mind marrying that bitch. Forget the fact she's a psycho bitch that tried to kill him. SHE STABBED HIS SISTER. WTF YO.

Also couldn't Eiji say that no one can die in his dominion thus copy Rin's ability?

Valaskjalf said:
Why can't the main character just use his power to order the illness to go away ?

Excellent point. But I'd guess she'd always have to be in his dominion, not really a problem tho.

I like the versatility of his ability. Also he needs to revise his dominion over Rin so that she can't try to indirectly kill him too (oh and erase that marriage shit).

It was pretty funny seeing her die constantly though. Dumbass.
Apr 22, 2016 8:38 PM

Sep 2009
Looks like Yukki and Yuno are back.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 22, 2016 8:38 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this is a mess, This episode felt fking everywhere.

The MC is really unlikable.

How much of a CG rip-off does this show want to be? The power also reminds me of jojo, LOL.
Apr 22, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
Not too impressed by the episode. Show seems to fail to create any type of strong impact. I think it has potential but they're just not doing it right.
Eiji's outburst regarding his sister is a pretty good example of this, It didn't really have any vehement value to it, Felt superficial to me.

Eiji's character so far doesn't seem like someone who would be capable of leading and conquering.

Rin's repetitive deaths were sort of funny.

World Domination would be cool to watch, Hope they pull it off properly.

Strident said:
I'm very disappointed as while Mirai Nikki certainly had its flaws, it was excellently produced and was entertaining to watch, but this just looks awkward with a few moments of greatness smothered by basic mistakes.

Agreed, I found Mirai Nikki really enjoyable. Big Order has potential but the execution so far has been bad.
Apr 22, 2016 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
morichiro said:
I can't say I like or hate this anime. MC's VA is bad... everyone's actually... I can't stop thinking what the f*ck is Akarin doing here!

Not really for the MC's Voice Acting being bad. I still think it was pretty nailed on. Just that I think its not suitable for Eiji.
Apr 22, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2016
First thing he does with his power, brainwashes the girl whose parents he killed so that he can more easily rape her later

jesus christ this MC is immediately a piece of garbage
Apr 22, 2016 9:20 PM

Jan 2016
w... wait... did anyone, anyone think this through? at all?

his power is mind control, the breaking of physics... all kind of OP stuff

how could he ever be blackmailed into doing anything? he could just brainwash you into being his slave and say "don't feel like doing that war on the world stuff" and there'd be nothing you could do

this is immediately a trainwreck. how the heck did you become a trainwreck that fast, we haven't even left the station yet
FragOutFireApr 22, 2016 9:25 PM
Apr 22, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
My lord this anime. I would drop it but i love train wrecks, Gonna keep watching
2/5
Apr 22, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2015
OP is kinda good, will pass.
Didn't know the show tried to do humor, but a welcome change in first half.
Second half was so so. Eiji's order power are okay but would like to see more of them.
Apr 22, 2016 10:14 PM

Oct 2014
Understand said:
My lord this anime. I would drop it but i love train wrecks, Gonna keep watching

This heavily represents my opinion
Man what a piece of shit, never seen so many cliches together (and I even have watched Mahouka), also the art is terrible. But I love trainwrecks...
Apr 22, 2016 10:27 PM
Mar 2009
Liking this episode, Rin's dying reminded me of Angel Beats when they kept losing members on the way to the underground base. I especially liked the whole, it's too dark to see and oh, now there's light bit.

Was hoping he was going to kick a bunch of these council guys asses somehow. I wouldn't appreciate being open declared a puppet. I'm sure he will earn loyalty from some and fight the rest.

I guessing while they might be dominated to serve, it doesn't necessarily mean they can't do what they want so long as it doesn't interfere with the MC.

Waiting for next episode to see where this goes.
Apr 22, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa now Rin has to serve him XDD

OMG her traps backfired

OMG White hair guy 0___0

Op and ED <3
Apr 22, 2016 11:21 PM

Jun 2014
FragOutFire said:
w... wait... did anyone, anyone think this through? at all?

his power is mind control, the breaking of physics... all kind of OP stuff

how could he ever be blackmailed into doing anything? he could just brainwash you into being his slave and say "don't feel like doing that war on the world stuff" and there'd be nothing you could do

this is immediately a trainwreck. how the heck did you become a trainwreck that fast, we haven't even left the station yet

I was wondering this too, but its was clear that the round table or whatever set this up so that he would be forced to put them under his domination. They've clearly accounted for his power
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 22, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
Hrm, so the MC is a male chauvinist pig who thinks it's alright to force the girl he likes to submit to him against her will. Interesting.....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 23, 2016 12:32 AM
Feb 2009
//haha, you figured it out. I was straight off blackmailing you and you got it.//
wtf was that. And the only I can kill you is so cliche.
But it still has some pull to it, I'll probably watch untill it getts really awful.
Apr 23, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2007
alvenzo95 said:

Y did Rin fall for every single trap after she said she knew about all of them?

Because she was just being tsun about her knowledge and her anger and trying to force situations to kill him made her inefficient?

Y more retarded jazz music in tense situations?

Because its meant to be surreal?

Y do the powers make no fucking sense and contradict themselves all the time?

Have yet to happen beyond Rin not healing Senna. Which she would not do anyway.

Mamster-P said:

WHAT IS WITH THE SCORE DROP??

Mirai Nikki was very polarizing franchise. You either hated it with pasion or liked it for its ridiculousness.

Those who hated it with passion and took it to unhealthy level contributed to the score drop/

Valaskjalf said:

He does not want to mindcontrol his sister?
The power would only work when she is near him so after years she could literally die the second she leaves his side?

FragOutFire said:

He did do that brainwash them. Except the white haired guy might have a power that makes him immune considering teh chains that appeared on his neck when he was stabbed(and that he had zero reaction to stabbing), as well as his evil smirk at the end.
Also as they said - they already declared the said war in his name. So if he throws them away he is left alone to face basically the whole world.
Apr 23, 2016 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was pretty funny , the pink haired girl was so funny with the *I know everything* ( dat overkill with traps everytime lol ), my opinion is a little bit better about this show....
Apr 23, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2015
Orsonius said:
wow this show managed to become even dumber than it already was

Exactly my thoughts.

At least the episode was funny
Apr 23, 2016 1:55 AM

Jun 2013
Lol those Rin failures. Hilarious stuff, in a rather wrong way... I mean, she's dying again and again.... not nice, but still funny.

So the league of Orders set things up so that Eiji comes to them and they use him to take over the world. He's just an excuse because I really don't see any reason for them to follow a high school kid. They wanted an excuse to wage war against the world to enforce their own ideals and stuff and Eiji is the perfect excuse since he was the one responsible for the big destruction and also has the ability to put people under his control. The story is that Eiji wants to take over the world and put the league of Orders under his control to help him. The guy who was talking too much obviously has a power which can somehow negate the effects of Eiji's power which is evidenced by his evil little smile in the end. And that will help him in disposing of Eiji once the mission is accomplished.

I'm interested in seeing whether Eiji will really go with their plans or do something else about this. And if he does go for world domination, how will he go about it. He'll have to eliminate the other leagues of Orders to conquer the world.
Apr 23, 2016 1:59 AM

May 2014
First of all, I'm fairly sure the mangaka/anime studio are trying (and not doing a very good job) of going for a somewhat serious story, and all the ridiculousness stems from the source material not being very good, and them just trying to use blood, violence, cliches, etc to attract viewers and trick them into thinking this is actually good. Therefore its fine if u find it hilarious and keep watching for that, but thats not whats its meant to be.

Have yet to happen beyond Rin not healing Senna. Which she would not do anyway.

@Fai No, correct me if I'm wrong, but (other than healing the sister, which is the obvious one), he orders rin "to never harm him or his sister". Thats a contradiction right there because, even if she's able to kill him indirectly, she should not be able, for example, to push him against a bridge like she did in this episode, cuz that is "harming" him
AlvenzoApr 23, 2016 2:03 AM
Apr 23, 2016 2:10 AM
Jun 2015
I bet that his sister is an order and she wished for it to last for ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2010
the powers seem lame...
Apr 23, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
alvenzo95 said:

@Fai No, correct me if I'm wrong, but (other than healing the sister, which is the obvious one), he orders rin "to never harm him or his sister". Thats a contradiction right there because, even if she's able to kill him indirectly, she should not be able, for example, to push him against a bridge like she did in this episode, cuz that is "harming" him

She pushed him with no intention of pushing him off the ledge. Its the intention that matters.
In a way I can see alot of her behavior here testing the limits of the terminology of "harming him"(like trying to catch him off guard with the knife hoping his powers would not work then(as in testing if it only protects him from harm he can perceive, etc), being very rough with her overall behavior, etc). She is testing what she CAN do without crossing the line of his definition of harm and then tries to use it all to cause indirect death for him(which does not work in hilarious fashion).

alvenzo95 said:
First of all, I'm fairly sure the mangaka/anime studio are trying (and not doing a very good job) of going for a somewhat serious story, and all the ridiculousness stems from the source material not being very good, and them just trying to use blood, violence, cliches, etc to attract viewers and trick them into thinking this is actually good. Therefore its fine if u find it hilarious and keep watching for that, but thats not whats its meant to be.

Rin's yandere gags would not be happening then.
Apr 23, 2016 2:35 AM

Aug 2013
This show has a weird mix of comedy and serious moments. After the first episode I wasn't expecting to see so much comedy.
Apr 23, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2014
@Fai If by Rin's yandere gags u mean when she falls for all the traps, and when she shoots herself in the head (other than personally finding it annoying af) it was only 1 scene across 2 eps, and i don't see this happening that often... To me it felt as a way to relieve some of the non-existant "tension" supposedly "built up" across the previous ep, like other shonens often do (and once again failing, as it made me take the anime even less seriously). This is not meant to be a clever comedy, or a ridiculous one or anything really for that matter. Its just a mess. It's fine if you want to have a laugh at how badly its written, but its not doing what its trying to do

And the whole idea with powers is that they have rules which are not set by the user's feelings or perception of reality. If he orders her to not harm him, she should not be able to harm him in any way, regardless of whether he perceives it could kill him or not (thats should be totally irrelevant). In fact I believe that in some instances throughout the ep he is oblivious about her trying to kill him (at that particular point) but she can't anyways, so ur point doesn't really hold up...

Also rin's regeneration is also another plot hole because:

1. if its only regeneration (i cant remember but i dont really care either way) she should not be able to revive herself after her whole body has been crushed, which would mean she's dead (she does that several times this episode. She should also not be able to revive flowers which are clearly dead and have been for a while (unless its been specified otherwise, which it hasn't)

2. if its regeneration and revival, then she should be able to heal the sister no matter what, even if she dies, which already takes away the chance of any "good guys/guys on eijis side" dying in general (unless she finds a way to leave the area of effect, but if eiji orders her at any time, she can essentially bring back the dead, wtf)

Conclusion: mangaka/studio doesn't know how powers work, and are conveniently changing/overwriting what the powers do to match the direction of their story. Proof of this is how powers are not explained properly at all and their descriptions are super vague (which makes it easier for the writers as they don't have to think at all and can justify things as they go along with retarded explanations)
AlvenzoApr 23, 2016 3:15 AM
Apr 23, 2016 3:58 AM

Jun 2008
alvenzo95 said:
NoobStomper said:
Plot holes.. plot holes everywhere, for instance how can Rin be able to heal people yet can't heal sena from her disease?....why did the grenade take so long just to explode (it didn't but the amount of time it took yet still don't explode is bullshit). Why didn't rin just let the MC walk into the trap room first if she wanted to kill him?

The only positive I can think of in this show is that Rin at least doesn't have an annoying voice unlike Yuno which I guess puts her above as the yandere queen I guess.

Completely agree with you. Also you forgot:

Y did Rin fall for every single trap after she said she knew about all of them?
Y more retarded jazz music in tense situations?

^^ this so much. Not to mention, one moment Rin wants Eiji to die and the next moment she doesn't want him to die ugghhhhhh this contradiction I just can't :((( I can't even enjoy this anime even with my brain turn off because of the jazz music and how retardely it is used in this anime. >_> I honestly find Mirai Nikki more fun and entertaining to watch despite its flaws but as far current episode goes I am not impressed. Someone please tell me that the plot is going to get more interesting from here.
EstherellaApr 23, 2016 4:02 AM
Apr 23, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2007
Estherella said:

^^ this so much. Not to mention, one moment Rin wants Eiji to die and the next moment she doesn't want him to die ugghhhhhh this contradiction I just can't

That's because of his marriage order. He basically turned her into a yandere
Apr 23, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2013
Mamster-P said:

WHAT IS WITH THE SCORE DROP??

its obvious to everyone that this is a popcorn show , mirrai nikki is also a popcorn show but lots of noobs took it seriously and rated it high

well i am a manga reader so the score will prob be higher since the story gets better and more entertaining
Apr 23, 2016 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
Estherella said:

^^ this so much. Not to mention, one moment Rin wants Eiji to die and the next moment she doesn't want him to die ugghhhhhh this contradiction I just can't

That's because of his marriage order. He basically turned her into a yandere

but somehow she is more hot then annoying unlike yuno which is a plus
Apr 23, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2016
I can't decide if this is a dumbest anime this season, or Mayoiga
Apr 23, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Op is Okay... ED is weird...
LOL at Rin... feels bad about her...
that plot twist...
why Eiji won't ask Rin to heal his sister with her Order??
that grind in the last scene...
where that purple haired girl was stabbed?? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 23, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
Fai said:

This has just enough trashy elements to be a great popcorn show. I hope next episodes are as great as this.

This is why I had a love/hate relationship with Mirai Nikki. It was so fundamentally bad and just took itself way too seriously that it was just plain laughable in some stages and just made it a fun show to watch and pick at.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

213 by Thunderball2004 »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

120 by Psi18c »»
Nov 14, 2022 8:35 AM

» anyone know when the uncensored episodes are going to be released?

theweaboopenguin - Jul 17, 2016

5 by Psi18c »»
Nov 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

259 by grazioso »»
Oct 3, 2022 10:51 PM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

97 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.