Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 19, 2016 11:23 PM

Mar 2015
eromangasensei said:
eromangasensei said:

I hope ntv/madhouse revives madhouse's theatrical films/movies division. That's the major thing I dont like about current madhouse.

there I was ranting for MH movies, a month later Onii-sama grants our wish.

Should I be happy that it's revitalised MH's theatrical division or be unhappy that it's mahouka?

MH probably gets a heavy amount from Mahouka commitee I guess, so good for them.

Another miracle from One true Tatsuya.
if that movie succesful, i can see they will doing many movie for ads/sequel like before, but when it failure, it's their save bet. from what i see, mahouka movies is their experimental project for this (activing their movie division) considering it is also original story.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 20, 2016 4:39 AM

Jun 2013
Kuma said:
eromangasensei said:

Should I be happy that it's revitalised MH's theatrical division or be unhappy that it's mahouka?

MH probably gets a heavy amount from Mahouka commitee I guess, so good for them.

if that movie succesful, i can see they will doing many movie for ads/sequel like before, but when it failure, it's their save bet. from what i see, mahouka movies is their experimental project for this (activing their movie division) considering it is also original story.

I think being original story has more to do with Dangeki bunko policy, all their 3 movies SAO, AW & MAHOUKA are originals.

yeah, it's a little surprising since MH isnt on the committee, but atleast they are getting back in the game.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 20, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
eromangasensei said:
eromangasensei said:

I hope ntv/madhouse revives madhouse's theatrical films/movies division. That's the major thing I dont like about current madhouse.

Mahouka will be just like HunterxHunter movies, they are in the TV anime extra section. When talking of MH movies weren't you talking of the AAA Original, or directly from source adaptations, movies? Because this one most probably will not have big budget.
Mar 20, 2016 7:16 AM

May 2008
Sad to hear about Bones and seriously didnt think they would have been in trouble, well thats because I didnt even know they were behind Captain Earth which ive heard was terrible and didnt even bother picking it up :/

Hopefully series like Noragami and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime which I really enjoyed and perhaps majority too? will help boost sales income.
Mar 21, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
bigivelfhq said:
eromangasensei said:

Mahouka will be just like HunterxHunter movies, they are in the TV anime extra section. When talking of MH movies weren't you talking of the AAA Original, or directly from source adaptations, movies? Because this one most probably will not have big budget.

yeah. but it,s a start. diamond no ace is also getting 2 ovas.

Mar 21, 2016 9:08 AM

Sep 2013
Japanese BD/DVD Sales Down 5.1% From 2014, Anime BD/DVD Sales Down 6.9%

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-21/japanese-bd-dvd-sales-down-5.1-percent-from-2014-anime-bd-dvd-sales-down-6.9-percent/.100044

The data combines sales of anime and general animation, including international stuff. Meaning 2015 sales are down because 2014 had Frozen
So it's more like 2014 sales were unusually high.
Mar 21, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-21/japanese-bd-dvd-sales-down-5.1-percent-from-2014-anime-bd-dvd-sales-down-6.9-percent/.100044

The data combines sales of anime and general animation, including international stuff. Meaning 2015 sales are down because 2014 had Frozen

frozen sold more than 2 million copies in japan after all.

Mar 21, 2016 2:40 PM

Jan 2009
ichii_1 said:

Anno should release the Final Movie of Evangelion Rebuild already to increase the sales of anime again
Mar 26, 2016 9:39 AM

Oct 2013
Tatsunoko Production
Source: http://shukatsusoken.com/corporate_analysis/kanpo/tatsunoko_20150616/
Mar 29, 2016 11:04 AM
Jul 2015
Not a financial date but i thought some would be interested here, a Q&A with Wit studio founder at Sakura-Con, they have 34 employer and 2.5 production teams

more
https://marinasauce.wordpress.com/2016/03/28/sakura-con-2016-kabaneri-of-the-iron-fortress-and-more-by-wit-studio/
Mar 29, 2016 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
Still cool info will add it in the first post!
Apr 16, 2016 8:20 PM
Sep 2015
safe to say that A1 is gonna be more successful with Ace attorney. It has really good rankings
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-07/japan-animation-tv-ranking-march-28-april-3/.100796
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-14/japan-animation-tv-ranking-april-4-10/.101069

My question is how much success does an anime that gets 5-6% in rankings bring to the studio? Is that better than an anime that does 10k in DVD & Blu-ray sales? Ik no one can give a accurate conversion but it would be nice to know. Other than the fact that a lot of people enjoy it.

>pierrot should skyrocket this year in net income
Apr 16, 2016 11:32 PM
Sep 2015
Kuma said:
WhiteFlamee said:

Kekkai sensen looks above average for art and animation from the works that bones put out so it may have not been as profitable as we think it is. There was alot of delays and I dont get why it even got popular. From what I have seen before dropping it was that the plot was all over the place.

I just see them going bankrupt at some point cuz they are releasing so many animes. It like they are going for a hit or miss. Reminds me a lot of Madhouse
madhouse got bankrupt because producing risky highbudgeting show that in fact flopping. most of bones upcoming adaptation that picked i would said not that risky except conrevo, whcih is originaly 25 epsiode in first place.

how do u know madhouse anime are high budget? They went bankrupt because they kept making stupid business decisions.
Apr 20, 2016 2:19 AM

Jun 2013
madhouse released info about their current management & board members on their website.

President Masahiro Takahashi (planning & producer for overlord, OPM, posa, etc)
Board members Shosaku Ono
Board members Akira Shinohara (producer for hxh11, etc)
Board members Hiroshi Watanabe
Board members Yoshio Nakayama (boy & the beast, when marnie was there producer)
Board members Haruo Okamoto (hxh movie, nasu movie, piano forest producer)
Auditor Masayuki Yokota

mind you all these peeps are producers from NTV & VAP.

we'll see where these guys take madhouse, lel. at least they have an an ok resume.

also the studio is back on original theatre feature films
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-20/overlord-kanon-naoyuki-itou-directs-2017-madhouse-film/.101257 although not madhouse initiative, a safe start

guess we wont have that overlord s2 any time soon

Apr 20, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
eromangasensei said:
madhouse released info about their current management & board members on their website.

President Masahiro Takahashi (planning & producer for overlord, OPM, posa, etc)
Board members Shosaku Ono
Board members Akira Shinohara (producer for hxh11, etc)
Board members Hiroshi Watanabe
Board members Yoshio Nakayama (boy & the beast, when marnie was there producer)
Board members Haruo Okamoto (hxh movie, nasu movie, piano forest producer)
Auditor Masayuki Yokota

mind you all these peeps are producers from NTV & VAP.

we'll see where these guys take madhouse, lel. at least they have an an ok resume.

also the studio is back on original theatre feature films
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-20/overlord-kanon-naoyuki-itou-directs-2017-madhouse-film/.101257 although not madhouse initiative, a safe start

So Madhouse is back in the Original Theater Feature Films! Cool.

You must be happy, you really wanted this to happen. If this one is popular they probably will be able to do more and more movies again.

Isn't nobody from the old Madhouse in the board? Really? Madhouse was that bad, that it was a total takeover?
Apr 20, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
bigivelfhq said:
eromangasensei said:
madhouse released info about their current management & board members on their website. President Masahiro Takahashi (planning & producer for overlord, OPM, posa, etc) Board members Shosaku Ono Board members Akira Shinohara (producer for hxh11, etc) Board members Hiroshi Watanabe Board members Yoshio Nakayama (boy & the beast, when marnie was there producer) Board members Haruo Okamoto (hxh movie, nasu movie, piano forest producer) Auditor Masayuki Yokota mind you all these peeps are producers from NTV & VAP. we'll see where these guys take madhouse, lel. at least they have an an ok resume. also the studio is back on original theatre feature films http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-20/overlord-kanon-naoyuki-itou-directs-2017-madhouse-film/.101257 although not madhouse initiative, a safe start guess we wont have that overlord s2 any time soon
So Madhouse is back in the Original Theater Feature Films! Cool. You must be happy, you really wanted this to happen. If this one is popular they probably will be able to do more and more movies again. Isn't nobody from the old Madhouse in the board? Really? Madhouse was that bad, that it was a total takeover?
I was pretty surprised too. Perhaps old index members went out when ntv bought all their stocks in 2014. And maybe maruyama kidnapped others XD Maybe index folks joined TMS which explains their current leap in output I'm not really happy per se since its idol stuff and not really a madhouse project promoting one of their own talent (I mean itoh is ok but he just joined around chihayfuru, not really home-grown. Makes sense tho that an idol project would go to him. waiting for an Ishizuka project, and others) But since now we know that madhouse has two producers for movies, it's a safe choice to start with.

Apr 21, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
eromangasensei said:

The guy can handle overlord and the movie at the same time, they can slowly work on the movie for a year or so.

bigivelfhq said:

Isn't nobody from the old Madhouse in the board? Really? Madhouse was that bad, that it was a total takeover?

Madhouse lost 3.2 billion yens in the two years before the NTV buyout.
It had 2.7 billion yen of liability (on 2.9 billion total asset) as of February 2012.
http://ke.kabupro.jp/tsp/20110208/140120110208030989.pdf

Look out for Mappa's financial situation, Maruyama might burn another company into the ground.
Apr 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
eromangasensei said:

The guy can handle overlord and the movie at the same time, they can slowly work on the movie for a year or so.

bigivelfhq said:

It had 2.7 billion yen of liability (on 2.9 billion total asset) as of February 2012.

Look out for Mappa's financial situation, Maruyama might burn another company into the ground.

Where did you got this? Can you find of other studios?

I know that they were in Bankrupt(even if they didn't really declared it), but when NTV bought the company they said that they would send of their people to management, I didn't thought it was a total takeover.
Apr 21, 2016 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
bigivelfhq said:

Where did you got this? Can you find of other studios?

I know that they were in Bankrupt(even if they didn't really declared it), but when NTV bought the company they said that they would send of their people to management, I didn't thought it was a total takeover.

Sorry, just found it on one of the reddit threads :(

Guess the remaining madhosue staff just left slowly, might have scared off by the otaku and LN adaptions (photo kano/mahou sensou etc...
Apr 21, 2016 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
Madhouse
Source: http://ke.kabupro.jp/tsp/20110208/140120110208030989.pdf
bigivelfhqApr 23, 2016 4:36 PM
Apr 29, 2016 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:
eromangasensei said:

idk the guy's still busy with auditions & stuff.

bigivelfhq said:

Look out for Mappa's financial situation, Maruyama might burn another company into the ground.[/quote] the numbers get worse with each new bit xD

May 4, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Posting this here since this is the studio thread -

Studio Bones president announced 2 projects for next year

- an original anime
- a movie

May 7, 2016 9:34 AM

Sep 2013
License! Global magazine announced the top 150 global licenses.
The link to the pdf is there too.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-07/the-pokemon-company-earned-usd2.1-billion-in-2015/.101859

I feel a bit insulted they put Toriko there in Toei's description when it might be send to the garbage heap this year :'(

Putting some other companies too for perspective.

#1 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY $52.5B

#5 WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS $6B

#7 SANRIO, INC. $5.9B

#9 NICKELODEON $5.5B

#18 DREAMWORKS ANIMATION $3.3B

#29 THE POKÉMON COMPANY INTERNATIONAL $2.1B (PRIVATE)

#30 CARTOON NETWORK ENTERPRISES/TURNER CN ENTERPRISES $2B

#58 SABAN BRANDS $870M (PRIVATE)

#63 MOOMIN $678M (PRIVATE)

#89 TOEI ANIMATION ENTERPRISES $300M (E) (PRIVATE)
Key properties include Dragonball, One Piece, Pretty Cure, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Digimon and Toriko.

#150 BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA $49M (PRIVATE) (NON-PROFIT)
May 7, 2016 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
License! Global magazine announced the top 150 global licenses.
The link to the pdf is there too.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-07/the-pokemon-company-earned-usd2.1-billion-in-2015/.101859

I feel a bit insulted they put Toriko there in Toei's description when it might be send to the garbage heap this year :'(

Putting some other companies too for perspective.

#1 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY $52.5B

#5 WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS $6B

#7 SANRIO, INC. $5.9B

#9 NICKELODEON $5.5B

#18 DREAMWORKS ANIMATION $3.3B

#29 THE POKÉMON COMPANY INTERNATIONAL $2.1B (PRIVATE)

#30 CARTOON NETWORK ENTERPRISES/TURNER CN ENTERPRISES $2B

#58 SABAN BRANDS $870M (PRIVATE)

#63 MOOMIN $678M (PRIVATE)

#89 TOEI ANIMATION ENTERPRISES $300M (E) (PRIVATE)
Key properties include Dragonball, One Piece, Pretty Cure, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Digimon and Toriko.

#150 BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA $49M (PRIVATE) (NON-PROFIT)

Toei decreased, previous year it was 380M :'(. Ichi11 that comment in Toei Animation is like that since the 2013 issue of the magazine.
This year they stopped at exactly 150, last year they went a little after that where Viz did 50M in position 153. Here is what it said:
May 7, 2016 4:02 PM
Sep 2014
Pokemon is making billions each year. CRAZY!!
May 7, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
Just a simple note. The money that appears here is not the money the company is earning, but the money that the sales that all the licencee earn with the multiple franchises of the company.

If we assume that a licencor gets around 1/4 of the money the licencees earn, than Pokemon Company International gets 525 Million dollars not 2.1B.

Also I don't know if Pokemon Company International is just a licensor company or if they also do and sell stuff. If they do then they earn more than just the Licensing money.

For example last year Toei Animation earned 95.7 Million dollars from 380 Million of the licenses, but in total for their operations(licenses+Film+Others) earned 283 Million dollars.
May 8, 2016 12:02 AM

Oct 2013
I know I am late, but I noticed this one comment though and it really bothered me.

bigivelfhq said:
Nope, Gross Profit is the same as Net Income. They are interchangeable!

Gross Profit is not interchangeable with Net Income. There is a fundamental difference between the two. Gross Profit is an important figure as it tells you how efficient the company is at using labor and inputs. Gross profit is essentially the profit you would earn ignoring your costs to run the operating side of the business (period expenses), extraordinary gain and losses, and other revenues and costs. Net Income, is your actual and overall profitability in the year (if you assume other comprehensive income is 0, and net income = comprehensive Income for simplicity sake). Net income is your revenues earned during the period deducted buy all expenses incurred. Expenses not included in gross profit but that are included in net income include selling expenses (ex. advertising), administrative expenses (ex. human resources), general expenses (ex. freight-out expenses i.e. distribution costs like shipping), gains and losses from selling capital property (ex. selling equipment for more than its carrying amount), interest expenses (sometimes capitalized), and etc. So it is actually fairly important to distinguish between the two numbers.

Besides that, this is a great and useful compilation as it is difficult for us non-Japanese speaker to gather. Thanks for putting this together :)
shawnofthedeadzMay 8, 2016 12:05 AM
May 8, 2016 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
shawnofthedeadz said:
I know I am late, but I noticed this one comment though and it really bothered me.

bigivelfhq said:
Nope, Gross Profit is the same as Net Income. They are interchangeable!

Gross Profit is not interchangeable with Net Income. There is a fundamental difference between the two. Gross Profit is an important figure as it tells you how efficient the company is at using labor and inputs. Gross profit is essentially the profit you would earn ignoring your costs to run the operating side of the business (period expenses), extraordinary gain and losses, and other revenues and costs. Net Income, is your actual and overall profitability in the year (if you assume other comprehensive income is 0, and net income = comprehensive Income for simplicity sake). Net income is your revenues earned during the period deducted buy all expenses incurred. Expenses not included in gross profit but that are included in net income include selling expenses (ex. advertising), administrative expenses (ex. human resources), general expenses (ex. freight-out expenses i.e. distribution costs like shipping), gains and losses from selling capital property (ex. selling equipment for more than its carrying amount), interest expenses (sometimes capitalized), and etc. So it is actually fairly important to distinguish between the two numbers.

Besides that, this is a great and useful compilation as it is difficult for us non-Japanese speaker to gather. Thanks for putting this together :)

I already admitted I was wrong in a later post! Still thanks for the detail.
May 12, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2015
Dragon ball super is doing extremely good and TOEI continue to earn a lot of money

May 12, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
Dab1za9 said:
Dragon ball super is doing extremely good and TOEI continue to earn a lot of money

damn imagine if it has good consistent animation then i bet it will be more profitable than One Piece TV
May 12, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2014
It's sad how extremely bad studios like Toei make tons of money shitting on people's faces with the worst animation possible while Bones, one of the best studios is losing money.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
May 12, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
@Dab1za9 Where did you get that image? Toei still didn't uploaded their financial results files in their site!

Though they already posted an article talking about the performance of this year.

31,616,000,000 Yen : Sales
*5,243,000,000 Yen : Operating Income
*5,883,000,000 Yen : Ordinary Income
*3,635,000,000 Yen : Net Income

Comparing with their last 5 years:
Sales - 3rd Biggest
Operating Income - Biggest
Ordinary Income - Biggest
Net Income - Biggest

This year One Piece almost reached the best International Selling Level of Digimon franchise. Digimon franchise in its peak got 3,200 Million Yen. This year One Piece got 3,114 Million Yen.
Next Year(Financial one) if One Piece gets good International deals and sales with the Film Gold, it will most possible surpass that! XD

@TheKawaiiZombie In terms of Business Management, Planning and Production Toei Animation is way better than Bones. You know in the aspect of providing entertainment. If Bones was doing its job well, instead of being losing money it would be earning it and the company would be increasing in size instead.
bigivelfhqMay 12, 2016 2:59 PM
May 12, 2016 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
bigivelfhq said:
@Dab1za9 Where did you get that image? Toei still didn't uploaded their financial results files in their site!

Though they already posted an article talking about the performance of this year.

Sales - 3rd Biggest
Net Income - Biggest

This year One Piece almost reached the best International Selling Level of Digimon franchise. Digimon franchise in its peak got 3,200 Million Yen. This year One Piece got 3,114 Million Yen.
Next Year(Financial one) if One Piece gets good International deals and sales with the Film Gold, it will most possible surpass that! XD

@TheKawaiiZombie In terms of Business Management, Planning and Production Toei Animation is way better than Bones. You know in the aspect of providing entertainment. If Bones was doing its job well, instead of being losing money it would be earning it and the company would be increasing in size instead.

Business management, that means being assholes that only care about money, why do you think Toei make the worst shit the anime world as seen ? Because they put the least budget to make the most money, it's sad how bad they adapted One Piece. They haven't done a single good adaptation. Bones on the other hand make amazing adaptations and they don't give us shit animation like Toei does, the reason i hate Toei is because they don't care about doing something good, they could do anime with amazing animation but instead they want the couple dollars more they'll get with giving us shit.

Toei could give us amazing animation and still make tons of money, but instead they put about 3.25$ per 10 episodes so they can make even more money which they don't even know where to put. What's sad is that people actually help them make that much money.

Just think of One Piece with the animation of HunterXHunter 2011, it would be amazing ( Oh and while we're on it, get rid of the fillers ), Toei could do something great like that but they won't even though they'd easily have the budget to do that. The reason being all they care of is money. Studio Pierrot isn't much better, they also do shit jobs, look how they adapted Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul. At least Pierrot do top notch openings though.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
May 13, 2016 1:49 AM

Oct 2013
TheKawaiiZombie said:

Business management, that means being assholes that only care about money, why do you think Toei make the worst shit the anime world as seen ? Because they put the least budget to make the most money, it's sad how bad they adapted One Piece. They haven't done a single good adaptation. Bones on the other hand make amazing adaptations and they don't give us shit animation like Toei does, the reason i hate Toei is because they don't care about doing something good, they could do anime with amazing animation but instead they want the couple dollars more they'll get with giving us shit.

Toei could give us amazing animation and still make tons of money, but instead they put about 3.25$ per 10 episodes so they can make even more money which they don't even know where to put. What's sad is that people actually help them make that much money.

Just think of One Piece with the animation of HunterXHunter 2011, it would be amazing ( Oh and while we're on it, get rid of the fillers ), Toei could do something great like that but they won't even though they'd easily have the budget to do that. The reason being all they care of is money. Studio Pierrot isn't much better, they also do shit jobs, look how they adapted Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul. At least Pierrot do top notch openings though.

"Because they put the least budget to make the most money" -> Toei is one of the studios, if not the studio that most spends money in anime production!

"They haven't done a single good adaptation, Bones on the other hand make amazing adaptations" -> So why are their series more popular than the ones from Bones?

"They want the couple dollar more they'll get with giving us shit" -> Explain to me the logic of how doing shit gives more money to them.

"All they care of is money" -> And you reached that conclusion with ...?
May 13, 2016 2:56 AM
Jul 2015
@bigivelfhq I saw it in my timeline not sure where it came from.

TheKawaiiZombie said:
bigivelfhq said:

Sales - 3rd Biggest
Net Income - Biggest

Hard to think of TOEI as assholes when they actually pay money to their workers better than the rest of studios, you need to realize that Money=/=good production.
May 13, 2016 3:01 AM

Jan 2015
When will Toei Animation die?

RIP MADHOUSE
May 13, 2016 3:07 AM
Mar 2016
Xenocrisi said:

RIP MADHOUSE
When people stop watching their poops
May 13, 2016 3:23 AM

Jul 2015
eromangasensei said:

- an original anime
- a movie

More info on this?

Kekkai sensen was a hit so I guess it makes sense they'll try their luck again.
May 13, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
Xenocrisi said:

RIP MADHOUSE

Toei Animation is the most successful and oldest, still active, animation studio. Unless they do something really stupid, they aren't going down anytime soon.
May 13, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
TheKawaiiZombie said:
It's sad how extremely bad studios like Toei make tons of money shitting on people's faces with the worst animation possible while Bones, one of the best studios is losing money.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Have you watched Toei's precure shows?

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20247/animated-beams-debris-effects-explosions-fighting-
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20248/animated-effects-fighting-go-_princess_precure-kaz

TheKawaiiZombie said:
Studio Pierrot isn't much better, they also do shit jobs, look how they adapted Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul. At least Pierrot do top notch openings though.

Other than fillers, how were they handled badly?
Z4KMay 13, 2016 4:14 AM
May 13, 2016 4:12 AM

Sep 2013
@bigivelfhq here is some data related to MAPPA:

Ani-Gamers (Evan): How big IS the company?
Iwase: I think we have 50 full-time employees. The other people work freelance. Including them, we grow to a size of about 150.

source: http://www.anigamers.com/interviews/studio-mappa-masao-maruyama-yasuaki-iwase-otakon-2015
not too much..but better than nothing..:/

holy shit..this is even bigger than Sunrise..>_>

Patrick Aguda (Operation Rainfall): What inspired you to leave Madhouse and create MAPPA?
Masao Maruyama: I was with Madhouse for 30 years. And in the 30 years, it had become a very large organization. And there was little freedom left in the things that I worked on. And because I wanted to do things that I wanted to do, I decided to create a separate company, MAPPA, and leave Madhouse so that I could work on what I wanted to work on. Personally, large organization with little freedom is not my taste. I’d rather be, working on things that I want to work on with people that I get along with.

And of course, Mappa’s now gotten big, so I don’t know what to do now! (laughs)

source: http://www.animeherald.com/interview/meeting-living-legend-masao-maruyama/
now that makes sense..

he also think that western has better tast than japan lol..

C.J Maffris (Toonami Faithful Podcast): You worked on Trigun with Madhouse, and also the movie Badlands Rumble. Trigun achieved a higher level of success here in North America than is reportedly did in Japan. Was that surprising to the staff at Madhouse?
Masao Maruyama: This obviously isn’t everything that I worked on, but a number of the titles that I worked on, Trigun being one of them, they seem to be getting more popularity outside of Japan. And some of the things that Satoshi Kon’s worked on, they seem to be very popular in France. And my theory is that maybe people overseas are better at identifying things that are really good, but that’s just a theory. (laughs)

Astro Boy was obviously very popular in Japan, but it has won popularity in the US as well. Another title I can think of is Ninja Scroll that [Yoshiaki] Kawajiri’s worked on, and that one is very popular in the US and France. The titles that I personally like seem to be popular in other countries, too.

source: the same interview

eromangasensei said:

Look out for Mappa's financial situation, Maruyama might burn another company into the ground. the numbers get worse with each new bit xD
don't worry, he won't make the same mistake he made in Madhouse again..

Ani-Gamers (Evan): What is the studio environment like at MAPPA, and how does it compare to other studios that you’ve worked at or visited?
Iwase (MAPPA's CEO): Maruyama and I have been at Madhouse for 40 years, and I don’t think it’s that different from other studios. If I were to say, though, some recently formed studios with younger people might have better teamwork. If MAPPA grew too big then it would be harder to keep a handle on everything and to keep everything centered around Mr. Maruyama. So I think right now MAPPA is a very good size. There was a time when Madhouse was a bit TOO big, but at that point things were out of our hands. I think right now the size of MAPPA is very well controlled.

source: http://www.anigamers.com/interviews/studio-mappa-masao-maruyama-yasuaki-iwase-otakon-2015
kanarazukarasuMay 13, 2016 4:18 AM
May 13, 2016 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
@malki Ok, later I will read the interview and update stuff about MAPPA

TMS Entertainment:
(End March 2015 Financial Data)

*8,816,866,000 <- Capital
12,360,264,000 <- Sales
*1,202,975,000 <- Operating Income
**,791,791,100 <- Net Income
13,814,421,100 <- Total Assets

199 <- employees
May 13, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
TheKawaiiZombie said:
They haven't done a single good adaptation.
anything i want to said already done by bigivelfhq... when most studio being very dick to their workers, only care about works, and giving soo many pressure to employers, toei is one of rare of studio that not underpaid, rarely outsourching, and give their workers highest average paid! their cost to produce anime is higher than most studio! also when most studio being private company, hiding soo many secrets behind their surface, TOEI is the only one studio that opnened their management and made it public!

also talking about adaptation, funny that they are one of those rare studio that their CGI works is accepted by anime comunity (captain harlock and expelled from paradise)...

TheKawaiiZombie said:
Studio Pierrot isn't much better, they also do shit jobs, look how they adapted Naruto, Bleach and Tokyo Ghoul. At least Pierrot do top notch openings though.

they are doing great if they are giving enough money and time!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 14, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
BlueBalls said:
eromangasensei said:

- an original anime
- a movie

More info on this?

Kekkai sensen was a hit so I guess it makes sense they'll try their luck again.

sorry, but source is in japanese. This info was released at the next day of the same event where TMS & MADHOUSE producers talked about all out! Production (MAL posted the news last week, yes?)

maybe space dandy movie?

May 14, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Z4k said:
TheKawaiiZombie said:

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Have you watched Toei's precure shows?

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20247/animated-beams-debris-effects-explosions-fighting-
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20248/animated-effects-fighting-go-_princess_precure-kaz

TheKawaiiZombie said:

Other than fillers, how were they handled badly?

actually precure was also in bad shape when Rie Matsumoto wasnt directing it. It's only last year where precure's production quality genuinely went up (but other series suffered as a result)

May 14, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
Toei Animation has that much money and yet they cant animate dragonball super perfectly.
May 18, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
Toei Animation 2015 Operating Results(April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016)
bigivelfhqMay 18, 2016 9:40 AM
May 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Top 10 Character Brands relative to the entire Japanese industry share
Source: http://hanabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/mascot/1156214226/188-n

1 Anpanman 7.61%
2 Mickey Mouse 6.32%
3 Hello Kitty 5.60%
4 Pokemon 5.54%
5 Precure 3.93%
6 ONE PIECE 3.87%
7 Rilakkuma 3.06%
8 Winnie-the-Pooh 2.93%
9 Snoopy 2.53%
10 Super Mario Brothers 2.36%

1 Youkai Watch 9.76%
2 Mickey Mouse 6.53%
3 Anpanman 6.38%
4 Hello Kitty 5.11%
5 Pokemon 4.25%
6 ONE PIECE 2.88%
7 Rilakkuma 2.78%
8 Snoopy 2.71%
9 Frozen 2.70%
10 Precure 2.69%
bigivelfhqMay 18, 2016 11:10 AM
May 18, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Why is that toei makes so much revenue?
May 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
_Yato_God said:
Why is that toei makes so much revenue?

They have a lot of successful and big franchises. One of the oldest/biggest studios. Always have their anime on great TV slots which = high TV ratings= $$$

Their movies and merchandise make a lot of money too and they have properties over them like one piece for example.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 10 hours ago

36 by KenaiPhoenix »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

37 by ChrisBlitz »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

93 by PostMahouShoujo »»
24 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.