Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Naomi definitely has way too much affection (pretty much brocon) for Junichirou.

There's still a lot of comedy but I'm glad the show is getting darker with the mafia and Akutagawa. Definitely better than the previous episode. Also, I thought it was quite exciting to see Higuchi in battle. Really enjoyed the second half of this episode. Akutagawa's VA did a very good job at portraying character and his personality imo. We also get a glimpse of Dazai's ability as well which people should be able to easily guess.

Stark700Apr 20, 2016 11:09 AM
Apr 20, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Mamo's character is such a mysterious guy that price would be given when guessing previous job correctly. Math teacher and students, huh.

First job, to investigate the suspicious group. Mentioning of a guy, also with special power, that needs to avoid meeting. She is actually a part of the group with the dangerous guy that mentioned.

The girl died protecting her brother, who got mad and showed his power, the snow. They were all badly hurt because only they wanted was the main guy. The main guy bravely fought him, but his ability is invisible (though his body is weak as he cough a lot). The group wanting the main guy for the huge price, and Mamo's character WAS from the group??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 20, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
It was better than last week.
Darker and with more action, though i can't take some actions seriously because of some characters, the dialogue and the story overall is not well written, but the direction of the series make it much more interesting than the normal.

So overall, nothing great or memorable, but good series, at least at this point.
lezermanApr 20, 2016 11:07 AM
Apr 20, 2016 11:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode went from 0-100 REAL QUICK O_O

Just when I was questioning my life after seeing the "siblings" act the way they do, this shit goes and happen lol.....My god this Akutagawa guy is a fucking monster

The comedy worked great as usual imo but man the action scenes in this one were amazing....But man I didn't expect to see all of this blood, gore and death too...BRUH

This episode was too freaking awesome, and that reveal about Dazai being an ex-mafia member as well as this bounty on the MC has peaked my interest and now I'm fucking HOOKED on this series

I need the next episode ASAP because this legit reminded me of Baccano which I LOVEEEE
TokoyaApr 20, 2016 11:15 AM
Apr 20, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Good episode. I'm enjoying Daizai's character more and more, and we got some actual fighting. Matrix ability is OP.
Apr 20, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2015
Wowowow Dazai is too cool
Did Naomi survive after this ??
Apr 20, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
I was wondering why is it R-rated. Now I finally understand why :-)
Apr 20, 2016 11:22 AM

Nov 2015
Woah I'm still gonna mention Naomi has WAY much more affection towards her brother than required.
This ep was just crazy! Didn't think the pacing would be so damn fast to even introduce Akutakawa after setting up the mystery vibe about him.
Tanizaki's ability was dope! Learning Dazai was former Port Mafia I'd interesting and why Akutakawa didn't fight him in the first place.
Great action from MC too. He definitely has something special being the MC and all.
Apr 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
His leg came off. That explains the R rating lol. Pretty good episode. Naomi is a bit too excited when it comes to Junichirou.
Apr 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
Okay the extreme tone shifts between comedy and serious business is something I have to get used to but that's something personal. I think one or two episodes and it should be fine ( it is split cour anyway ).

I wonder how many authors the author of this can put into this story since this is a really nice touch. I hope Naomi and her brother are fine though, I don't want a dying cast already :(

I also can't wait for Atsushi to get control over his ability and give them some pawstrikes.
Apr 20, 2016 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
This is getting darker.

This episode was so awesome. Akutagawa is such a badass!
Apr 20, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
I hope Naomi and her brother are fine though, I don't want a dying cast already :(

I think it's too early for anyone from the cast to die. But I can see it happening sometime in the future.
Apr 20, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
I liked this episode. more introduction to the characters plus port mafia ....as well
Apr 20, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
I am really really liking this, I mean the sibling thing was a lil weird but apart from that the gore, action, comedy and drama in this ep were on point
Apr 20, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
That was pretty good. Better than the last two episodes.
Apr 20, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2009
Some of the scenes caught me by surprise, not bad ^^
Apr 20, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
Much better than the previous eps! Still not liking the comedy at the start though. The only scene I found funny was when dazai was getting beat up in the room :p. Other than that, the sister is extremely annoying. Loved the 2 new characters though, so I'm still having mixed feelings about this
Apr 20, 2016 11:47 AM

Jan 2015
Just how lewd Naomi can "go" for his beloved brother? I know he's got some brother-conflict stuff. But even Junichirou must be realized at this point, even when he can't resist it either. But WOW, to go that "far", Naomi surely love his brother very much.
He APPEAR!!! He finally appear. I've been curious about him ever since seeing that OP, ED for 1st episode though.

I even already make his GIF. I guess I already become like Naomi toward this Akutagawa person. LOL
MasceraApr 20, 2016 11:51 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 20, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, I'm going to assume they plan to explain how Naomi survived that. I enjoyed this episode much but Naomi is a bit too affectionate with her bro.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
How can One Punch Man be ranked #15 when it isn't DARK enough?

It's a comedy as well with only a single joke repeated throughout the entire series. Should have been called "One Punch Line".

And Kill la Kill isn't very MATURE is it?

Not to mention the humor in that one mirrors Bungou stray dogs. I was led to believe it would be DARKER even though it has no source material, unlike Stray dogs which has a manga that the anime strictly follows.

And Fullmetal Alchemist has more or less the same kind of humor as BSD b-but it's DARK, and MATURE so it must be good r-right, never mind that it's a show for kids.

Kuroko no Basket has a pressing lack of EDGY GORE and, worst of all, silly humor!

What a shit show... except it isn't.

Etc. etc.
Apr 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that sure escalated very quickly. This series sure isn't holding back with the violence, what with Atsushi losing his leg and Akutagawa just generaly being a ruthless badass. Also, how were there no holes in Naomi's boy despite her being shot 20+ times by Higuchi? Actually, how are she and her brother alive at all? With wounds like that it's hard to believe either of them are still alive.
Apr 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Fun character interactions esp between the siblings(?) and Dazai and everyone else

But damn the second half went in. The brutality was way more than I thought. I really hope Naomi isn't dead she's a cute :(

Akutagawa is one merciless bastard. Cool villain so far. But Dazai just retains his best boy status by miles
Apr 20, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
Dazai's past reveal was a bit underwhelming and predictable. Can't be helped~

The savagery in this episode though. I'm surprised the other two were still alive =w=;; They probably shocked me more than Akutagawa being a badass when they started talking LOL

OnoKen surprised me with the way he voiced Akutagawa. He did really well!

I'm not sure how I'll like the plot line being shifted to Atsushi and the two fighting over him. Port Mafia for the money and the agency for idk what exactly. Out of all the things they could be fighting for... Would've preferred a much needed tension between Akutagawa and Dazai tbh.

We'll just have to wait and see~
I have to keep reminding myself that this is a two cour anime orz
Apr 20, 2016 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
The MC's power is more powerful than I thought.

I find it weird that the antagonist's only control a single city, makes you wonder what other unique characters are out there in the rest of the country and the world.
Apr 20, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2012
Loved this episode... wasn't so sure about on previous episodes, but it looks like it is gonna get pretty interesting...
Apr 20, 2016 12:19 PM

Jun 2013
Hmm, where is Akiko?
Apr 20, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode ,the best out of the first 3 episodes . akutagawa is such a badass . Dazai cool as usual . Everybody worried about naomi , what about poor little girl who got caught in the explosion ? Lol
Shishou_23Apr 20, 2016 12:35 PM
Apr 20, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2015
The previous two episodes were worth it!

Finally some action and bloodshed. Dazai ruining the fun between Akutagawa and Atsushi. Poor baby. That plot armor though.

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 20, 2016 12:36 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
At last a breath of fresh air.....or gore. It needed something to lend a bit of drama in an otherwise lackluster comedy. 6/10
Apr 20, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2008
Loved seeing Rashoumon animated and hearing the sounds it makes!!!!
Apr 20, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2013
I wasn't expecting that much gore but it was a good surprise, indeed. This episode was much better than the previous ones. I also liked how the comedy was toned down a little. I pretty much figured Dazai was an ex-bad guy when they said his previous occupation was a mistery. Really enjoyable episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2016 1:11 PM

Jan 2016
Really great series so far. I was enjoying this episode so much I didn't realise I was at the end when I was.
Apr 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2014
tfw you'll never have an imouto like Naomi

aconiteApr 20, 2016 1:23 PM
Apr 20, 2016 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
I dislike some of the faces or the directing of some scenes?
I find some of the comedic scenes forced
but overall I like the anime and how its portraying the manga

Apr 20, 2016 1:18 PM
Jun 2014
It was all boring and annoying until the fight at the end then even that was disappointing. my reaction when Dazai interfered "oh, why dont you just fuck off". 2/5

Jul 2009
xSkipi said:
Wowowow Dazai is too cool
Did Naomi survive after this ??

Honestly I thought she'd have a healing/regenerative ability after getting shot that much. But since she didn't immediately heal I guess not. So technically she SHOULD be dead! But it looks like that's not gonna happen. In which case does someone else have expert healing skills? Because honestly I can't believe after getting shot that much medical science is gonna help her.

Aug 2013
I hope those two siblings didn't die

this show needs more wincest
Apr 20, 2016 1:34 PM
May 2010
I don't really understand at all how that fight ended like that. He literally tried to kill two of the agency members, Yet Suicide-kun decides to just stop the fight and that's it? He hould have helped were-tiger-kun kill those two morons instead of just breaking up the fight... I.. Just.. what?!
Apr 20, 2016 1:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Amazing episode, what the fuck o.o Crazy shit happening everywhere.

Don't tell me that Naomi died already, i was fucking angry when she got shot. Tanazaki and her are cute siblings. Also OP Tanazaki ability! :O
Apr 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Fuck that black coat guy for ruining that beautiful strangling scene.
Apr 20, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2016
An OK episode. I like the humor surrounding Dazai even if it is slightly twisted, but the rest of the comedy fall's flat for me (particularly the incest shit). The plot, so far has been pretty obvious but hopefully it picks up. I'm 100% sure those two aren't dead (even though I wish Naomi was) considering a member of their groups ability is "Thou Shalt Not Die". I'm assuming Dazai stopped the fighting so they can be saved.
Apr 20, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
I doubt Naomi is dead. She's too annoying to die. Why does there always have to be a little sister with a brother complex in almost every show these days? -_-
Apr 20, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
I honestly wouldn't care if Naomi dies. I personally find her to be annoying as fuck, and the whole incest thing always pisses me off when I see it in any anime. I'm kind of hoping Junichirou survives though, but unfortunately, I can tell it's either going to be both die, or neither of them die.

That battle in the alley was intense though, so I guess that's a positive that balances out the issues I had with this episode, which was the, once again, lackluster comedy and Naomi being annoying. Akutagawa has such an OP ability, holy shit.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2016 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
I'm still not feeling the hype for this series. The so called comedy aspect just inst funny and I'm not overly keen on any of the characters so far. It was a definite improvement over last week though.
CrashmattApr 20, 2016 2:24 PM
Apr 20, 2016 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
I honestly wouldn't care if Naomi dies. I personally find her to be annoying as fuck, and the whole incest thing always pisses me off when I see it in any anime.

Not gonna lie, even taking all those bullets I really wasn't caring for her neither. Those kinds of characters are so useless.

~
But wow, seems things are turning grim now, and I like it a lot. Also I don't know but I'm getting the impression that Dazai isn't so much of a nice guy, specially after the revelation at the end. He must have quite a past behind him.
Apr 20, 2016 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
ergh when atsushi's leg was ripped apart, it was sooo.. idk, it had me in tears tbh ;x
so dazai was an ex-port mafia member, huh? interesting!!!!
didn't see that coming, tbh
Apr 20, 2016 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
just one question after watching this episode; did those two really died ? i hope not.

really good episode overall imo. but mysteriously, i expected that Dazai was ex-member of that evil organitation of something...don't know because it's generic or cliche to me, but i have seen that kind of set up somewhere in another anime so maybe that is the reason why i expected that. The action was good imo. DAMN! that rage from Junichirou....finnally he became serious XD i like that.

and LOL at Dazai just came between both of them and stopped them like a badass XD that is so cool imo XD maybe he is stornger than the guy with black cape ? well can't wait to see both of them fight. not i wonder what's behind the bandage on Dazai's body XD

that PV tho...looking foward for the next episode.

btw, i just realize something after watching this episode.
Naomi = S
Junichirou = M
"Incest" What a combination.
Apr 20, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
With the episode starting off with comedy (especially the brocon stuff, this show really doesn't need that) I was beginning to yawn in boredom, but the second half definitely picked up and hooked me right back in. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 20, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2015
I'm enjoying this series so much!! Really looking for something to fill the space Durarara left in my heart once it ended. ;n;

I'm picking up the manga so that I can get a better feel for the series, but so far the anime has been one of the more enjoyable experiences I've had lately.
Apr 20, 2016 2:39 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Easily the best episode of this series so far. The constant change between its tone is distracting an it doesn't flow well, but it's nice to get more serious stuff.

5/5
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.