Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2015 5:50 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here we get introduced to Azusa and Anya. There wasn't much to see but they seem to have good compatibility with Ai.

But the best part of the episode had to be with Cait Sith and Akari. Had to hold back the tears. It was such a good scene.

Here is a pic of my goodie I got for watching during the second week.

http://i.imgur.com/AhuifcH.jpg?1
Mar 24, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2007
Oh god this episode was so damn good I waited so long to finally see the final Caith Sith chapter animated. Only ARIA can make me feel so sad and so happy in a single ep. Brilliant stuff.

Also the original stuff with Ai and the new rookie undines was great! Glad to see they carry on the goofiness of their predecessors.
Mar 24, 2016 11:35 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the first part how Caith Sith lead Ai to Azusa and Anya. When Ai wanted to train with Azusa and Anya and those two accepted her readily, I had the biggest smile on my face! :)

I could really do with watching the three of them repeating what Akari, Aika and Alice did all over again and never getting tired of it! Wishful thinking I guess. :')

The second part took me back to the olden days as Alice's Stone of Sorrow turned out to be really one of the seven miracles of Neo Venezia! But I doubt whether it brings the said sorrow though as the name suggests since she gave Akari the opportunity to meet Caith Sith for the final time! Loved it how Akari turned the seemingly sorrow into a moment of happiness.

Nostalgic. 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 25, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2009
Was it screened with subs somewhere or they included them on BD?

Really liked the ep itself. They once more made a good mix of present and the past. And, byes, Akari's final encounter with Cat Sith
Mar 26, 2016 7:38 AM

May 2010
I guess I'm not the only one that happy and sad in this single episode.
Mar 26, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
Finally, the kouhais!
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 28, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
damn, all the juniors are so damn cute.
Mar 29, 2016 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
honestly I wouldnt mind this turning into a nice anime original full story. Even if it is a bit 'repeatish' its the kind of thing I would happily watch.
Apr 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
They're omitted Alice & Athena conversation. (for obvious reason, I know)

Finally watching the raw, and it was awesome..(feel like John Boyega)

Is this just me or Ai just introducing herself as Ai Aino..?

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
anime-primeAug 23, 2022 12:45 AM
Apr 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
This was far too beautiful. I squealed with glee when I heard Euforia in the opening. I had this big smile on my face throughout the whole episode. Really love the kouhais, they are very likeable :')
Apr 6, 2016 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
this episode was so beautiful omg

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 6, 2016 11:19 PM

Mar 2008
I love how Ai-chan can see Cait Sith. I hope they go beyond these three ova's and make a new series with Ai, Azusa & Anya.
Apr 7, 2016 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
What is this bs.

Because we already know both have meet Cait Sith in the 1st ep of Aria Natural.

Also I remember her writing a letter that tell her encountered with Cait Sith several time already. C'mon, did this anime creator just messing around or what??? (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . )
Apr 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Sep 2013
Nice ep. I liked Akari's and Cait Siths last encounter. It was also nice seeing a bit more of the juniors.
Apr 7, 2016 6:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Beautiful as always.
Apr 7, 2016 7:01 AM
Jun 2015
alinet86 said:
What is this bs.

Also I remember her writing a letter that tell her encountered with Cait Sith several time already. C'mon, did this anime creator just messing around or what??? (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . )

I think it might be either a script error or translation error because I believe it was meant to mean "When did you last see Cait Sith". The next scene that follows after all is Akari's previous confrontation with Cait Sith.
Apr 7, 2016 7:02 AM

May 2012
Oh my god, they finally adapted the conclusion of Cait Sith?

I'll admit that I got a bit watery-eyed. Wish they would have adapted the last little bit in the manga as well, but I'm really satisfied with this.

5/5

Apr 7, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2009
15poundfish said:
alinet86 said:
What is this bs.

I think it might be either a script error or translation error because I believe it was meant to mean "When did you last see Cait Sith". The next scene that follows after all is Akari's previous confrontation with Cait Sith.
I agree since I was sure Ai met him before and Alinet showed proof.

The scene of Akari's last meeting with Cait Sith is heartwarming with a hint of sadness. Who knows, on Akari's deathbed or in her old age after she's lived a long life, Cait Sith may take her as his bride, or at least to the heart of aqua, so she can live with him forever as one of the miracles of Aqua! Imagine Akari living in a time-less space; sort of like when she met the cat in human form where she agreed to deliver the letter. (Memory Jogger: Envelope w/ data chip; Alicia brought the machine to the grave so Akari could deliver it)

The scenery is once again wonderful. :)
Apr 7, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2008
New characters introduced. That scene with Cait Sith is very touching. Aria always give me a sense of calmness.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 7, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
IronWarrior said:
ernst said:
where are the subs I can't find them. Where does everyone watches this?

SUBS ARE OUT!

Check you know where. :D

doremi out a few hours after I posted, kinda frustrating timing... well I'm just glad it is out now.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 7, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2008
15poundfish said:
alinet86 said:
What is this bs.

It's translation error :
そう言えば灯里さんは「Cait Sith」には再会できたんですか?
which means +/- :
Speaking of which, have you been able to meet Cait Sith Again ?
Apr 7, 2016 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
The second half was a little Haibane Renmei-esque.

Nice episode.
Apr 7, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
Its 2016 and Aria is still the greatest SoL out there.

Damn.
Apr 7, 2016 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
That was beautiful, especially the part with Cait Sith. The songs were great too as expected. 1 more episode left ;_;
Apr 7, 2016 4:23 PM

May 2012
I don't want this to end :'| Really amazing second episode, it felt so nostalgic and relaxing as expected from the Aria franchise!

Really looking forward to the last episode, but then again would be sad to finish it!
Apr 7, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2012
Cait Sith and Akari's last encounter sure was emotional despite being rather brief. But still, I'm sure this won't be the very last time. Ai encountered the other two juniors, wonder what would they do in the next episode. Pity it's only 20-ish minutes long but love to hear Euphoria again, one of my favourite openings in Aria :3
Apr 7, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2015
Another great episode. I thought that scene with Akari and Cait Sith in the atmosphere, seeing the Neo-Venetian sunset and hearing the beautiful soundtrack was especially lovely.

A shame we aren't getting a proper sequel. :(
Apr 7, 2016 6:00 PM

May 2011
Wait... doesn't searching for a new cat president imply that the former president has passed away?
Apr 7, 2016 10:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Back when Akari was still training. It was a lovely flashback. Nice to see Ai with the other 2 new girls from Orange Planet and Himeya. Seems like those two are a bit more experienced.

Apr 8, 2016 3:59 AM
May 2014
It was beautiful. Much better than the first episode.
Apr 8, 2016 4:25 AM

Jan 2008
The Cait Sith episodes (save the Galactic Railroad one) were easily my least favorites from the original trilogy, but this one was gorgeous and totally heartwarming.

Anyway, Alice's kouhai is cute. CUTE.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 8, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
Only one more episode of Aria left ;_;
Apr 8, 2016 2:32 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kurizu said:
It's translation error :
which means +/- :
Snap. I just watched the episode and at that part I thought "I don't think the subs are right." I know "さいきん" means recently, so I assumed "再会" (さいかい) was a variation on that, so I assumed she was asking if Akari had since him since then. So, I was "right" (sort of) for the wrong reason.
(I try to hear what they're saying and do my best to follow if I can without subs, but obviously I've a long way to go)

I liked that they did that part of the story, as I knew it was in the manga and felt it shouldn't have been left out of the anime.

Kottbullar said:
Wait... doesn't searching for a new cat president imply that the former president has passed away?

I'm fairly sure Azusa said she was being taught by "the branch manager" (though how that works I'm not sure), while she said they were looking for a new president for the home office. So I'm assuming that meant Hime had gone to live with Aika.
CratexApr 8, 2016 2:41 PM
Apr 8, 2016 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
@15poundfish and @kurizu thanks for clearing that up.
Not that big of a deal anyway just want to rage for some reason because it doesn't connect with the previous one. XD
Apr 9, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:
Loved the first part how Caith Sith lead Ai to Azusa and Anya. When Ai wanted to train with Azusa and Anya and those two accepted her readily, I had the biggest smile on my face! :)

I could really do with watching the three of them repeating what Akari, Aika and Alice did all over again and never getting tired of it! Wishful thinking I guess. :')
You're not the only one who would watch it :-)
I think there are a lot of us who would :-)

Kagami said:
Its 2016 and Aria is still the greatest SoL out there.

Damn.
Yup, the best of the best and nothing has chance against it :-)
Apr 9, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2010
Akari sounds mature, she's like Alicia now <3 And Ai is like a young Akari! They still keep part of their own personality which is great.

Why is this so short, gah. I want more! I can't believe it's gonna end again, this could last forever and I wouldn't mind... The visuals were stunning as always.
Apr 9, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2007
kurizu said:

It's translation error :
which means +/- :

There were few other blips and liberal nature of the translation that changed some meanings as well.

Also, I would prefer the stone to be called "the Stone of Misfortune" or "the Stone of Sorrow" instead of " the Unfortunate Stone". One that brings misfortune/sorrow and the one that is not fortunate itself are two different things. But anyways, at least someone got the subs out.

Now that I got to see my Caith Sith episode, I really wished they showed Albert and Akatsuki as well, particularly the latter. I still remember Akatsuki reaching out for Akari's cheek
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 10, 2016 6:17 PM
Jun 2014
When "Euphoria" started I just straight wept

This episode was beautiful, it hit me in all the right places. I love stuff having to do with goodbyes. Man, this show is really something else.
Apr 11, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:

Now that I got to see my Caith Sith episode, I really wished they showed Albert and Akatsuki as well, particularly the latter. I still remember Akatsuki reaching out for Akari's cheek

Hey, don't forget Kao-tan Anzu & the traghetto undines.. xD

BTW, I'd like to see a sequel, but I afraid that would causing broken base..
Apr 14, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode as ALWAYS! Cait Sith!!! love that ED seriously!
Apr 15, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
Cratex said:

Kottbullar said:

I'm fairly sure Azusa said she was being taught by "the branch manager" (though how that works I'm not sure), while she said they were looking for a new president for the home office. So I'm assuming that meant Hime had gone to live with Aika.

Yep, I recall Himeya opening a second branch in Origination and Aika becoming the manager of that.

Great episode though, as good as it ever was and the scenery was even more detailed than before. RIP Athena's seiyuu this no grimdark conversation with Alice...
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Apr 19, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 2010
is it me or is Akari actually in love with Cait Sith? >.> I thought she liked Alicia :P
Apr 19, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
Faylicia said:
is it me or is Akari actually in love with Cait Sith? >.> I thought she liked Alicia :P
Akari cares about Alicia like family, not as a love interest. I thought she liked Cait Sith for a while.

During the first meeting she was confused and suspicious. A couple meetings later, Akari began to desire meeting him. From that perspective, it's probably love. Akari loves Aqua from the bottom of her heart, and Cait Sith just might be Aqua's heart(unconfirmed, but alluded to). The fact that Cait Sith gave her that necklace shows that Akari likely earned a spot in his heart as well.
Apr 25, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
Ahh, the new trio. It's happening all over again. The everyday adventures that will turn into fond, wonderful memories. Just watching them interact and thinking that they too will follow in Akari, Alice, and Aika's footsteps really drives it all home.

A farewell to Cait Sith, this fit well with Natural's theme of the miracles Neo Venezia has brought to Akari. How both of them have this deep connection that's rooted in Akari's sincere love for the city. That moment in the sky was jaw dropping, very beautiful and mesmerizing to watch the city from above. It's almost as if Akari was being given a fresh start by being dropped back into Neo Venezia. To cherish the encounters she's had with Aqua's extraordinary as she would thereon move forward towards becoming a prima herself.

If these Avvenire episodes are going to fit the themes of the respective seasons, I very much look forward to what the next one delivers.
Apr 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
Each one of these episodes has been a joy to watch.
im actually incredibly impressed by how well they animated this particular ep, especially the scene in the sky, it felt like i was watching nausicaa/spirited away for a moment.

A series following the 3 new juniors, made with this level of love and care would actually be a fitting continuation of the aria series, and before the avvenire announcement i was strongly against anything trying to continue on from origination's literally perfect final episode.

Makes me want to rewatch aria again and yet again reminds me of why its my equal favorite series.
Apr 27, 2016 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
Yes. The origination's final episode was perfect, but the series isn't not out of potential yet now there's Ai's journey to look forward to.

Akari and Cait Sith's final meeting was a terrfrc moment and all three juniors finally being together.

But why, Satou-san? Why just 3 episodes? This should have been 12 or 26 episodes episodes. This is just too cruel! I want to see the girls' journey to becoming prima. I hope this isn't the last Aria anime we see and we get a one or two cour tv series. I want to experience Neo Venecia in Ai's journey once again.
Apr 27, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2010
Oh god, that scene in the air killed me. one of the best scenes of Aria.

Really really love these OVAs.

and man, i wish there was a spin off for the new characters, they just seem so fun and familiar.
May 4, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
Slow the narrative, it was predictable from the beginning, but not boring. The story this time winds again on a new first part and then move on to the old series flashbacks, but unlike the previous one, here lasts much less with the result of giving space to unusual plot and finally know the only characters mentioned last time. Excellent soundtrack, makes the melancholy atmosphere and goes well with the context, the quality of the scenery is good.
May 20, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2009
Very strange, but thoughtful episode. We haven't had anything this supernatural with Cait Sith since Aria the Natural. It's kinda nice seeing the big old guy.

"We are aiming to become Primas. That means we have to become proper adults right? So maybe that starts from graduating from seeing things only children see." Something about the Cait Sith scene being in mid-air minutes away from hitting the ground was slightly off-putting. Perhaps rising out of the water is analogous to Akari entering "adulthood" prior to becoming a full Prima since that was her final time she met up CS.

If we were to look at it that way, then Ai's encounter with Cait Sith shows her immaturity and that she still has some ways to go. Akari first met CS in the Natural as I mentioned before in Single state obviously.

Anyways, I hope there's more Alicia and crew in the next episode.
Jul 12, 2016 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
What a weird bunch of kouhais we have here especially the Siberian one XD. And also Sayonara to our old pal Cait Sith, thanks for the wonderful memories and miracles that you had done with Akari for so long. Now onto the final OVA.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 10, 2015

86 by Muow »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Sep 25, 2015

109 by Muow »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:51 AM

» Picture Drama

BernieSorbet - Apr 11, 2016

6 by TyrantRC »»
Jan 2, 2023 8:16 AM

» Character Designs [UPDATED 6/13]

-Karoshi- - Apr 5, 2015

14 by ernietheracefan »»
Sep 13, 2015 4:04 PM

» Key Visual

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

29 by ernietheracefan »»
Sep 13, 2015 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.