Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2016 5:42 PM
Sep 2015
I dont get how the "virus" retreated from his body? Wouldnt quickly amputating the affected limb be the most realistic?? From what ive seen he managed to temporarily stop it by blocking his bloodflow but it should still be in his body and will circulate to his brain eventually through his bloodstream?? And no, he cant block his bloodflow 24/7 he'll become braindead. Unless hes an undead and his heart stopped pumping already.

Idk.. but this show has been pretty enjoyable so ill just ignore this question for now..
Estella_UltearApr 16, 2016 5:45 PM
Apr 16, 2016 5:43 PM
Mar 2016
Not bad it was okay .
Apr 16, 2016 6:38 PM
Feb 2011
Estella_Ultear said:
I dont get how the "virus" retreated from his body?

It certainly didn't retreat from his body just he is a hybrid now due to whatever happened in the first episode. Quickly amputating the limb by yourself is a suicide wish without first restricting the bloodflow which takes time. Biologically speaking zombies are impossible so one could just say it is magic so the exact fictional rules are currently unknown. Possibly the initial rapid infection stage is critical otherwise it becomes the hybrid state.

Not really sure if he is not undead in a way since he can survive much more after infection than before. (Hot steam pipe nothing, further bites no effect)
Apr 16, 2016 6:46 PM

Jan 2011
Despite the similarities with Attack on Titan, I'm actually really loving this anime. Mumei was such a badass in this episode. The scene where she just goes to down on all those Kabanes were just amazing to watch. Her personality is also really likeable and she doesn't even hesitate. I really like how she uses this steampunk dual pistols too. Ikoma also really shined in this episode. He was rejected but everyone since everyone saw that he was infected. However, even then he tried so hard to prove that he's still human and managed to lower the bridge to let the iron fortress move on.

I'm glad Takum and Mumeii managed to save Ikoma and bring him back on the train. Mumei revealed that Ikoma and her are Kabaneris; beings that are half human and half Kabanes. This is kind of reminds me of 'The Last of Us' how Ellie was infected by the virus but didn't actually become a zombie. Now that others have found out they're Kabaneris, I hope they put them to good use. At this point, this already is like Attack on Titan but I hope it differentiates from AoT and becomes more unique. Regardless, I'm excited to see where this goes. I also love the ED song so much; EGOIST ftw.
5/5
Apr 16, 2016 7:31 PM

Sep 2015
I'm actually glad I saw this episode. When the first one came out, I hated everything about it, the story, the music, the animation, I thought the show had nothing going for it. I hated the fact that every scene made me cringe and after learning that Araki Tetsurou the guy who made Guilty Crown, my most hated show was directing this, I expected nothing.

However seeing this episode made me give the show a second chance because I was about to give the series a 2/10 if not for the improvements here. I still don't consider this to be a good show, but at least it's finally given me enough to keep watching it.

Just my impressions.

Also this whole humans become mean to each other once society collapses bullshit needs to stop now. There are probably shows or books that do this trope good, but for me, this is the worst example of it I've seen. Whenever anyone who's somehow related to the goverment (Princess, Samurai, Train Conductors, ect) opens their mouth, I just want to kill myself because it's so predictable.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Apr 16, 2016 7:55 PM
Sep 2015
poiuytrewq said:

It certainly didn't retreat from his body just he is a hybrid now due to whatever happened in the first episode. Quickly amputating the limb by yourself is a suicide wish without first restricting the bloodflow which takes time.

Iirc he had some burning coal or something which he was using to stop the virus from advancing further than his arm so he definitely had the means to cauterize the wound if he did amputate himself. Plus he had those strap thingies which he used to try and block the virus from advancing.

However, the virus reaching his heart before being stopped from reaching his brain is the condition that turns him into a kabaneri so i can understand why the writers did not make him cut off his hand/arm since it would affect the plot big time.

I do hope Mumei explains in detail how the virus and their condition works (eg; Why didn't the virus continue attacking or why does it remain "dormant" in their bodies or if its still there or if its actually not a virus at all?) in the next couple of episodes or it might bother me too much to properly enjoy the show.
Apr 16, 2016 7:59 PM

Apr 2016
This show has really impressed me so far. Excellent follow-up episode that kept the pace moving while giving us more insight into character development as well as the over-arching plot.

Can't say enough about the opening and ending songs - both excellent and have been added to my playlist.

Some may complain the series is too similar to AoT or other similar anime, but I honestly think that its being done so well with enough uniqueness that it will be one of the best anime of the season. The animation and music is spectacular and the story itself is intriguing so far.

This episode was a 10/10 for me with the series so far sitting at a 9/10.
Apr 16, 2016 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
Really loving this so far. Definitely pleased I picked this up after almost a year hiatus. Good stuff.

I'm really interested to see where this goes, now that we've set up a good base for the plot. Great characters, action, and setting. I'm down.
Apr 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
Ok this is good, very good, fu** me but this is fuc** amazing!
This is one of those animes that give me goosebumps and i can't fuc*** wait for next episode!
I really hope that this anime will have 24 episodes!!!
OMG Mumei is my new waifu xD She is awesome!!
I feel bad for Ikuma :( He did so much for his city and they simply killed him lol
He managed a way to kill the zombies and maybe stop the virus, but they still don't care, they don't even give him a chance to talk...assho**
Mumei is a Kabaneri too, when she started sleeping and then show us why is she is sleeping like that i was like "woooow this is too good to be true" xD
That ending, fuc*** amazing!!!
OP & ED are very good, the producing team deserves a congratulation.
Btw we can see their "team" in the OP, in that part when they are on a train. Dream team? xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2016 10:46 PM
Oct 2015
Right down to the titan shifters, this shit really is attack on trains. I dont really care though because its unique enough to feel fresh and its genuinely entertaining. Im gonna let this finish and marathon it, seems like it will be easy to burn through
Apr 16, 2016 11:19 PM

Sep 2013
So far this show is legit. Looking forward.
Apr 16, 2016 11:42 PM
Apr 2016
Does anyone know where I can find a version of this without the chinese subs in the background, and with a proper english sub?
I unfortunately cannot read chinese, and RAW japanese is far too difficult for me to understand when its fast paced.
I love this anime so far, but I feel like I really would like to watch ths episode in a proper english subbed format.
Apr 16, 2016 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Hikikomori_Sama said:
Does anyone know where I can find a version of this without the chinese subs in the background, and with a proper english sub?
I unfortunately cannot read chinese, and RAW japanese is far too difficult for me to understand when its fast paced.
I love this anime so far, but I feel like I really would like to watch ths episode in a proper english subbed format.

We have to wait for the delayed episodes to air in Japan, I'm afraid. Everyone is looking for a non-censored raw of episode 2, but chances to find it might be really low now.
Apr 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Jun 2015
Love Ikoma personality

"being saved by someone you threw away, I hope you live with this shame for the rest of your lives"
"I will laugh on you all from the other world"

Not a typical MC line right there
Apr 17, 2016 1:33 AM
Jan 2013
This show is now half-zombies vs zombies.

Attack on Titan anyone?

Apr 17, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2010
I got Mononoke Hime/Nauscicaa vibe from the OP and some scenes from the episode, so good. I also like the idea of Kabaneri. I was a bit surprised that the previous ED was turned into OP but that works well, and the actual ED isn't half-bad either.

About everything in this show is kept up on a good quality for now, I guess it will be one of the good things this time around.
Apr 17, 2016 2:31 AM

Nov 2015
genesic123 said:

Attack on Titan anyone?

Its made by same studio ,duh
Apr 17, 2016 3:02 AM
Apr 2016
zellami said:
Hikikomori_Sama said:

We have to wait for the delayed episodes to air in Japan, I'm afraid. Everyone is looking for a non-censored raw of episode 2, but chances to find it might be really low now.
zellami said:
Hikikomori_Sama said:

Well that sucks I suppose. Thank you for the info.
Is there some issue causing the delay in airing the episode? I had heard something about an earthquake being mentioned earlier on in the thread
Apr 17, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
@Hikikomori_Sama

Yeah, quakes continue after April 14th and given the disaster in 2011 people need time to recover. TV stations probably use most of their air time to inform, so regular shows would be rescheduled for later.
Apr 17, 2016 4:02 AM

Apr 2008
genesic123 said:

Attack on Titan anyone?

Except not since when a titan BITES you you actually die >_> you don't become a Titan.
Apr 17, 2016 4:54 AM

Apr 2008
ooo333 said:
I'm surprised no one has started a shipping thread.

There's no real competition for any of the ships
Apr 17, 2016 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
I think this episode was way better than the first. We got ourselves a badass MC alright ! The animation and the music are amazing as well, I hope they will keep this up, especially that ost when Mumei was fighting the kabaneri by herself ! Soo good~

Everytime I hear Takumi, I'm like : Get this out of your head, this is not Eren...

Apr 17, 2016 8:55 AM

Dec 2012
I'm just annoyed that the female characters look like they came out of a 90s anime but I'm not sure if that's just the intended animator's art style or what.
That pop song around 5 minutes where Mumei beats up the Kabane also annoyed me because it felt so out of place considering the setting. As expected of the studio that animated SnK, too many stills doe. Maybe I'm just PMSing since I usually can't even find faults in anime people find bad. meh
allo
Apr 17, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2015
So far it has lived up to its hype. As expected, Mumei and her action sequences are carrying the show. The OST is also amazing which is to be expected.

Ikoma is slowly growing on me. I didn't much like him in episode 1 but his dialogue while pulling the lever was top-notch and skyrocketed his development.

Kurusu is a total douche and I hate him, but I get that its the way is character is designed on purpose. Ayame is also totally useless which honestly surprises me a little bit.

Also, on a side note of things...
kamisama751 said:
Jarjaxle said:

Have to Say that Makers are showing us the Basic Human Nature well..especially when situation turns to be total Apocalypse....Fearing the Unknowing...and especially when Kabane's Bite is infectious....have to understand their Point of view tough, Make no Mistake....agreeing with you, and Kurushu himself said that he is shamed to be saved by him after what he did, but they have so far not seen any Moral or Sane Kabane....

What would you do? Hell, if I would not know that it was a Virus and seen what Ikoma did I would have most likely cut My arm Off the moment I had gotten the Bitten.. or bite the Bullet.

That why the man at the beginning of episode one died because the plot said so. The show is just non-sense.

Jarjaxle said:

and have to say, this Episode started to show us tough that from here it will go to it's own way...and will start to get out of the Shadow that SnK have cast since this anime was in making....

Same start, same edgelord protagonist with the same mindset and experienced same things. Super-creatues fighting against horrorfying looking humans, which narrowed the humanity and walls. Yep, it is going to be something different.

Inugirlz said:

He needs to be redeemed because right now he's just a fucking asshole. I wanted him to be the one who went back to get Ikoma. Stupid prick. Although I'm glad his friend got to redeem himself by trying to save him. At least SOME humans are decent. The ones who freaked out when he was let back on though...ugh. Y'all would be dead if it wasn't for him.

No one from this show is decent in any way. The average people in this show are just too retarded and the difference between the protagonist team and the rest blinded you.

Melvin117 said:
holy fuck this is epic

Since when is it not? xD

When will mindless, purposefully contrarian shit-posting be a bannable offence?

This guy isn't discussing the anime at all, he's just being a dick to people that like something he doesn't.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2014
Inugirlz said:
uranx said:

another person complaining about kurusu. I would write a complaint about him as well, but I can definitely see why he did that.

It's not so much his actions (although I mildly disagree with those as well) but his attitude that's the problem. I don't necessarily want to see him dead but I want him to get bitten (and I guess saved). He needs to understand what it feels like to be the person everyone selfishly wants dead out of fear.

Hmm I do agree with you that his attitude is mildly disturbing. But I don't know if we can really blame him for that either. It's hard for Kurusu to understand what Ikoma is thinking especially if he already has a bit of prejudice against him (locking him up, seeing his shiny heart etc.)
Lol I'm pretty sure he's not gonna die, seeing how much he shows up in the op and stuff. boo
Apr 17, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
only 1 flaw, the subtitles which were not well-translated..except that, what I can say about this episode, is FANTASTIC :D
Apr 17, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
fear80 said:
Subtitles sucked big time. But the episode itself was pretty moving and entertaining.

same feeling here ^^
Apr 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
I dont know why but except for the attack on titan feeling I cant deny it also gives me a ghibli vibe. Maybe because of the art and background, but also for the girl mc? I had to think of mononoke ^^

And for the people crying about this show lacking originality - anime has been around for quite some time now, every year tons of shows are airing, also its a hard business because the paying audience at first is limited to japan so they have to be sort of successful. So you obviously will see certain similarities to other anime.
If you want something completely new you have to invent a new genre.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
All i can say, im impressed! Haven't seen attack on titan but if its same studio i might wanna see it right away... It was sooo good that i did almost cry :D

Apr 17, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
The ED song is fantastic. The story is okay, too.
Apr 17, 2016 3:14 PM

Nov 2015
Mumei is such a badass! And I definitely liked the OSTs in this!

Apr 17, 2016 8:17 PM
Sep 2014
Loved it, loved episode 1 and episode 2, definitely watching the real subbed version when it comes out, the art actually looks SOO much better than AOT( Possibly due to the producers developing a new artstyle, this artstyle on Kabaneri may be used on AOT possibly too, who knows? )

The OSTs were great, not amazing, but not bad either, just great.

When I never heard about this anime when I was looking at the anime calendar, I didn't see the art poster, but I read the description and thought it was going to be like another dumb mecha anime with the "Kabane" as living mechas or something.

boy was I wrong.
Apr 17, 2016 8:48 PM
Jul 2007
Those subs made me laugh so hard... "Idk what measurement that is" "Peasant-chan" LOL. The audio was also off by a 1/4 of a second.
eraltergApr 17, 2016 8:53 PM
Apr 17, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
Doyadaso said:
All i can say, im impressed! Haven't seen attack on titan but if its same studio i might wanna see it right away... It was sooo good that i did almost cry :D

IMO...please don't....It's been over a year and I'm still stuck at the boulder episode. The pacing for this is waaaay better so far.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Apr 18, 2016 1:00 AM

Mar 2011
Oh crossbreeds, never saw that coming a mile away xD.

This basically that aot vibe, but with an actual decent main character, or at least so far...
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 18, 2016 1:03 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode!

Mumei is so badass, I loved her fight scene and the OST they used there

And that ED tho *^*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2016
Good episode, love the fighting and seeing MC slowly become a hero even though village people still don't recognize it yet.

This series is one I was looking forward too, it hasn't dissapointed yet.
Apr 18, 2016 9:12 AM
Dec 2015
High quality stuff!
Apr 18, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
Subs are fantastic to be honest. But aside that I'm happy that it has some 'original' details.. Such as Half Kabane , Half human. And of course main character has to be one of those kinds. Couldn't say I didn't expect that. And both Kabaneris - Mumei and Ikoma are my favorite characters now :D

Music by EGOIST and Aimer just makes my ears cry out of happiness xd
Apr 18, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was even better than the first!

Damn, this is getting good.
Apr 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
Mumei is best girl, like holy shit she's amazing. Also loved Ikoma's resolve trying to help the train of people despite them throwing him away, it showed a lot about his character. This very well might be anime of the season along with Re:Zero for me.
Apr 18, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
++ Animation is awesome
+ Mumei best girl
- Plot is a bit predictable so far
- The "Kabaneri" bridge between two races is a known pattern (let's hope there's no "if I push myself too hard I'll become a Kabane")

Main useless girl and annoying dude spotted too.

I would love it if at some point, the MC was separated from the train/main party and trying to catch up during a couple of episodes, or even having a timeskip (3x3 eyes timeskip feel ? *-*) /imaginingThings

Still nice to watch, looking forward for more !
OrobouApr 18, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 18, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
Looking forward to seeing where this story will go. Really fun, fast paced segments that don't wallow around for episodes at a time.

That was some bad ass action! Flips through the the air with dual pistols. Kicks and landing leg sweeps. Fantastic stuff. Also best looking loli I've ever seen. Usually not my thing... but uh, yeeaAH!
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Apr 18, 2016 6:31 PM

Nov 2015
I'm calling it. Mumei = Best Girl of the entire Spring 2016 cour.
Apr 18, 2016 7:38 PM
Oct 2007
"The man that you people look down on is dying a bloody death... Watch me closely! Being saved by someone you've thrown away, I hope you will live with this shame for the rest of your lives! I will laugh at you from the other world!"
This scene and this left quite a big impression. Damn powerful and even so after the people showing no remorse and no acknowledgment... dangit. Been repeating that scene since yesterday. Fuhhh.
Apr 18, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2014
This show is cool, but I want more answers.

Apr 19, 2016 12:00 AM

Apr 2014
Patiently waiting for actual subs and video that isn't censored...
Apr 19, 2016 4:55 AM
Sep 2013
em... so... do we have to wait two weeks for the next episode now? kinda weird.
Apr 19, 2016 5:08 AM
Aug 2015
fear80 said:
Doyadaso said:

IMO...please don't....It's been over a year and I'm still stuck at the boulder episode. The pacing for this is waaaay better so far.

The boulder arc is, I believe, only 3 episodes long and they aren't even that boring. Although I do agree that they're boring by Attack on Titan standards.
Apr 19, 2016 5:10 AM
Aug 2015
Tiande said:
++ Animation is awesome
+ Mumei best girl
- Plot is a bit predictable so far
- The "Kabaneri" bridge between two races is a known pattern (let's hope there's no "if I push myself too hard I'll become a Kabane")

Main useless girl and annoying dude spotted too.

I would love it if at some point, the MC was separated from the train/main party and trying to catch up during a couple of episodes, or even having a timeskip (3x3 eyes timeskip feel ? *-*) /imaginingThings

Still nice to watch, looking forward for more !

Why would you call her useless when we've barely even seen her?
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.