Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol the training begins. Really liked the music they used for the montage. I can't wait for the OST to come out soon. Nice chemistry between All Might and Deku as usual. That fucking scream though.

Glad to see that they are introducing more characters from the manga. Not much screen time for them yet but I look forward to most of them in the adaptation. Ochako's a cutie :D I thought Deku's face at the end is so priceless.

Apr 17, 2016 1:27 AM

Jun 2014
Yes! This adaptation is awesome! The OST is really amazing. Great episode.
:3
Apr 17, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
I am loving this, Bones are doing everything right.
Only 1 and a half chapters adapted in this episode though, Thought for sure they'd adapt 2 full chapters.
Not sure how far we'll get into the series now.

I'm loving the OST, It's just amazing. Deku's training scenes were really well done.
Loved the part showing how Deku's eyes were fixed on the far future of becoming as great as All Might.

That shout after the training, Epic XD. Been wanting to hear that since I read it.

Can't wait for next week's episode. It's gonna be awesome.
Apr 17, 2016 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Only 1 and a half chapters adapted in this episode though, Thought for sure they'd adapt 2 full chapters.

At this pace, it's pretty clear that they'll be ending it at USJ arc. Since USJ arc ended on chapter 21 and they spent 2 episodes for chapter 1, that leaves 20 chapters for 11 episodes. They probably won't adapt more than 2 chapters per episode except for 1 or 2 action-packed ones assuming Bones won't add anime-originals bits to pad it out.
EasyGo-erApr 17, 2016 1:49 AM

Apr 17, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Lelouch0202 said:

At this pace, it's pretty clear that they'll be ending it at USJ arc. Since USJ arc ended on chapter 21 and they spent 2 episodes for chapter 1, that leaves 20 chapters for 11 episodes. They probably won't adapt more than 2 chapters per episode except for 1 or 2 action-packed ones.

Yeah, I guess that seems the most probable. Was hoping we might get a little into the next arc. Well 21 chapters is pretty good for the first season I guess.
Especially if they keep up the quality they've been delivering, It's gonna be a great adaptation.
Apr 17, 2016 2:09 AM
Oct 2013
Haven't been able to watch it yet, but I hope it's received well. I've read the manga, but how well was it adapted?
Apr 17, 2016 2:22 AM
Sep 2012
Yeh USJ will definitely be the end. But wow only 21 chapters covered. At that pace they could have done 4-5 cours. I don't really mind as long as this does actually get more seasons though.
Apr 17, 2016 2:28 AM

Sep 2011
From this point on, the anime really picks up. Really loved the OST this episode and the pacing was okay.
TyrelApr 17, 2016 2:40 AM
Apr 17, 2016 2:29 AM

Sep 2015
10 monthes of training ( ゚ Д゚) (he will not be able to grow now)
Perfect episode, I want to see his power !!
Apr 17, 2016 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
This and next week's episode will actually make or break it for viewers. Nice to see bones stepping up their game a bit since this was comparatively a weaker chapter.

It's clear though that they will adapt upto USJ arc, unless there is anime original fillers out of nowhere.

One thing, best girl Ochako and best bro Iida's VA are perfect, just as I imagined them in the manga. Even present Mic's VA too.
removed-userApr 17, 2016 3:30 AM
Apr 17, 2016 2:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
All Might’s planning on lending his powers to Midoriya, huh? “One for All”. Lol, that’s some intense training for Midoriya. Months of training must be hard. Midoriya did become better. Dem abs! Lol, time to take in All Might’s DNA… by eating his hair XD

It’s time for the entrance exam. As expected, Bakugou is here too. Lol, we get to see Uraraka in this episode! Midoriya’s fangasms were 10/10. One and a half chapters adapted this time.

5/5
Apr 17, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2012
Deku going to inherit "One for All". That is some intense training regime All Might has there.
After ten months Deku got freaking buff. Lol ingesting All Might's strand of hair to inherit his quirk.

Deku really wants to be the greatest hero. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Nice to see Uraraka. She is super cute & Iida calling out Deku.
Lol Present Mic trying to get the crowd excited.

Next week the entrance exam begins. Cannot wait to see the other students quirks.

Plus Ultra!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 17, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2014
YES! Everything was perfect! OST is amazing.
Apr 17, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
So Chapter 2 and around half of 3 adapted this week. Covering more, but still clearly in no hurry. And the secret behind All Might's Quirk, One For All, is revealed/given to Young Izuku, or I should say earned by him, after a 10 month training montage. Loved seeing it adapted here as much as I did reading it. Still love All Might flirting with the beach girls, riding his scooter thing, Izuku's visceral, guttural scream of passion, of accomplishment, and his before and after photo. All Might and Izuku's almost father/son relationship is easily my favorite in the series, and I loved seeing it on full display here. And it was finally nice to see cutey Uraraka and by the book Iida animated. Okay Deku, show'em what ya got!
Apr 17, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2014
Really liking the adaptation so far, I'm glad this is taking its time and the staff isn't rushing it. The USJ arc seems to be the perfect place for this to end given the pacing, assuming Bones doesn't pull an anime-original surprise ending on us.

It was great to see Deku's improvement over the 10 months that he trained with All Might. I think the OST during his training scenes really did a good job of adding a little more intensity. We also got some brief introductions to a couple other students, as well as the hilarious Present Mic, and overall I'm looking forward to seeing the entrance exam. Also, lol at Deku having to eat All Might's hair.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2016 3:03 AM

May 2012
Ochako best girl arrives. One of the bros, Iida, as well.

Bones is really doing the manga justice, and Deku's beach scene with him shouting was nicely done.

Looking forward to next episode.

Apr 17, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
Okay, I've read some chapters and I can say that the anime is far better than the manga.

5/5
Apr 17, 2016 3:08 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was amazing, i really like the pacing and i'm really happy with how faithfull Bones is adapting the manga, it's literally panel by panel...

The OST is so good as well, can't wait to hear more!!

Btw, Deku faces are always on point:

Apr 17, 2016 3:13 AM

Dec 2013
This adaptation is incredible so far! Based Bones!

Midoriya's faces in this episode was priceless. Dude finally talked to a girl..sort of

That training montage was pretty impressive. That takes an impressive amount of dedication to go through so much rubbish.
Apr 17, 2016 3:16 AM

Nov 2015
First half was great... Second half so so I'll say...
All Might and Deku had a great chemistry.
The OST of the show is just fantastic.
Deku standing on top of the rubble shouting reminded of Goku lol.
Apr 17, 2016 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
Another awesome episode. Deku is so loveable lol.

I'm not sure I like Ochako's voice, I imagined a different voice, might grow on me anyway. Iida as Kageyama's VA, haha. Really fits.

Wished they showed more. Upcoming episodes are gonna be so good~
Apr 17, 2016 3:20 AM

Dec 2012
cub3rt said:

His faces are so hilarious xD
Apr 17, 2016 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
Another awesome episode. Deku is so loveable lol.

I'm not sure I like Ochako's voice, I imagined a different voice, might grow on me anyway. Iida as Kageyama's VA, haha. Really fits.

Wished they showed more. Upcoming episodes are gonna be so good~

Fun fact about the VAs: Iida Tenya is also voiced by the same voice actor as Genos. Ishikawa Kaito's voice fits the studious type I think. :P

"Plus Ultra" is also Spain's national motto btw.
Apr 17, 2016 3:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay episode. Basically training montages and setup for the battle center.

The insert song for the montage was sick!!
Apr 17, 2016 3:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Lelouch0202 said:

At this pace, it's pretty clear that they'll be ending it at USJ arc. Since USJ arc ended on chapter 21 and they spent 2 episodes for chapter 1, that leaves 20 chapters for 11 episodes. They probably won't adapt more than 2 chapters per episode except for 1 or 2 action-packed ones assuming Bones won't add anime-originals bits to pad it out.
Yup pretty much like I've been expecting/hoping they would do :)

As I anxiously wait to see Shouto and Momo animated lol
Apr 17, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Why Deku always have to cry? I can't resist to join along, damn it.
So that's what "mystery" of All Might's Quirk is all about? Or maybe there's more?
So there's a "condition" to "receive" All Might's Quirk. And so it begins, ten months of training and hell. And that music during training is so perfect.
And the mood is "ruined"... Into the funny one, I guess. LOL
MasceraApr 17, 2016 3:33 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 17, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2016
tsudecimo said:
cub3rt said:

His faces are so hilarious xD

They really are haha ! Agree on the Ochako's voice, i didn't imagined it being so high pitched, but i'm sure we will get used to it.
Apr 17, 2016 3:40 AM

Jan 2016
Loving the series so far. I like the new girl; always good to see a kind character, unlike some characters...
Apr 17, 2016 3:46 AM

Nov 2015
Great episode
All Might has a awesome voice.
Its sad that this anime will have only 13 episodes,but maybe we will get a s2 ...

Plus Ultra
Apr 17, 2016 3:50 AM
Apr 2016
This episode is more like a set up for the next episode of whats to come. just like episode 1 is set up for episode 2. etc :D
Apr 17, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
The adaptation is pretty much perfect so far. The OST continues to be great. Can't wait for the Entrance Exam next week.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Apr 17, 2016 4:05 AM

Jul 2007
Annnd I am most likely done. Might check out one more episode might not.

This was so by the book generic cheese that it literally hurt watching. Unlike ConRevo, this show does not ask any questions nor explore the concept of society via superhero narrative. The narrative is just THERE for sake of one crybaby NotNaruto to tryhard into greatness as a way to teach young kids about how hard work is rewarding, alongside discovering how SPECIAL he is, etc, etc, etc. Its such a derivative rehash of shonen formula cliches that you can literally predict the scenes before they will happen.

Beyond the heroguy(who is typical "awesome old man" stereotype), not a single character is in anyway interesting and the mc is incredibly annoying whiny "hardworking crybaby" stereotype that reminds you every second about how hardworking he is, about his dream, blahblahblah.

Its the same done to death shonen genre premise with same done to death one dimensional shonen character stereotypes populating it and doing same done to death shonen genre stereotypical plotlines. I kept hoping for something to be subverted, for tropes to be turned upside down, for it to go Madoka, for ANYTHING to justify the ridiculous popularity that this supposedly has, yet nothing. Hell you could say the setting is wasted on this as this could be ninjas samurai whatever and it would still be the same story - Unlike ConRevo or even things like Samurai Flamenco and TIger&Bunny, this does not take any advantage from the setting at all.

What does Boku No Hero do different from the rest of MILLIONS of shonen stories targeting highschoolers? Well it has Bones visuals and quality which is nice and all but can't carry otherwise utterly generic show by themselves.

Its almost sad to see BONES top notch style and animation used for this. This might as well have gone to A1 or TOEI with no discernible difference.

2/5 for episode. Might give one more episode before dropping because I am feeling generous.
Apr 17, 2016 4:06 AM
Apr 2016
Wolf_GTX said:
Great episode
All Might has a awesome voice.
Its sad that this anime will have only 13 episodes,but maybe we will get a s2 ...

Plus Ultra

Season two will happen. I don't think everyone understands how important MHA is to Shueisha. They want it to be a piller of Jump. It is not a disposable series where they just let bones to a anime original end and call it a day.
Apr 17, 2016 4:07 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm The Hero: Napoleon Bonaparte ?? Haha also a little more detailed in the training, which was nice to see.
Apr 17, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
This was so by the book generic cheese that it literally hurt watching. Unlike ConRevo, this show does not ask any questions nor explore the concept of society via superhero narrative. The narrative is just THERE for sake of one crybaby NotNaruto to tryhard into greatness as a way to teach young kids about how hard work is rewarding, alongside discovering how SPECIAL he is, etc, etc, etc. Its such a derivative rehash of shonen formula cliches that you can literally predict the scenes before they will happen.

All I can say, is that is super wrong. The whole concept of a hero society is what drives the main events of the story. Expecting it to go into a super amount of detail by episode 3 is a bit ridiculous. But hey, if you're that impatient then yeah, you should drop it.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
Apr 17, 2016 4:09 AM
Apr 2016
Fai said:

Beyond the heroguy(who is typical "awesome old man" stereotype), not a single character is in anyway interesting and the mc is incredibly annoying whiny "hardworking crybaby" stereotype that reminds you every second about how hardworking he is, about his dream, blahblahblah.

Its the same done to death shonen genre premise with same done to death one dimensional shonen character stereotypes populating it and doing same done to death shonen genre stereotypical plotlines. I kept hoping for something to be subverted, for tropes to be turned upside down, for it to go Madoka, for ANYTHING to justify the ridiculous popularity that this supposedly has, yet nothing. Hell you could say the setting is wasted on this as this could be ninjas samurai whatever and it would still be the same story - Unlike ConRevo or even things like Samurai Flamenco and TIger&Bunny, this does not take any advantage from the setting at all.

What does Boku No Hero do different from the rest of MILLIONS of shonen stories targeting highschoolers? Well it has Bones visuals and quality which is nice and all but can't carry otherwise utterly generic show by themselves.

Its almost sad to see BONES top notch style and animation used for this. This might as well have gone to A1 or TOEI with no discernible difference.

2/5 for episode. Might give one more episode before dropping because I am feeling generous.

You should probably drop it now and save us the complaining next episode. I really disagree with everything you said.
Apr 17, 2016 4:11 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode, loving that OST, montage ost had that Gundam Build Fighters vibe going on which was also a wonderful soundtrack
Apr 17, 2016 4:14 AM
Apr 2016
Fai said:

This is just like the initial reactions for episode 1 and then got changed by episode 2.

Now the same thing is happening for episode 3. Cant wait to see peoples reactions to episode 4
Apr 17, 2016 4:15 AM

Jan 2015
This anime is amazing! I really enjoyed this episode and I was upset when it ended. I'll admit that I wasn't hooked from the first episode but I am now, can't wait for episode 4!
Apr 17, 2016 4:16 AM
Oct 2013
IRL - 10 months later: the world's beaches have never been so clean.
Apr 17, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2014
yet another perfect episode <333 Uraraka!!!! Iida!!!!
Apr 17, 2016 4:18 AM

Jul 2007
AbsoluteBloom said:

All I can say, is that is super wrong. The whole concept of a hero society is what drives the main events of the story. Expecting it to go into a super amount of detail by episode 3 is a bit ridiculous. But hey, if you're that impatient then yeah, you should drop it.

Its third episode in 12 episode show. We are a quarter into the whole show. I'd usually expect the show to TRY To even pretend to have something more by third or fourth episode of its existence. So far this had nothing but a rehash of The Incredibles narrative(with none of Disney's tongue-in-cheek with), a whiny crybaby MC and shonen tropes.
Apr 17, 2016 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
Amazing Deku!
Oh my,oh my Goodness! was super,I re-watched it a few times.
He was lucky that Uraraka was passing by, it would have been very awckward to fell even before starting the exam.
Apr 17, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
AbsoluteBloom said:

Well judging the pacing, until ep 6/7, I don't think it will get into the serious parts. So yeah, those who are impatient by now only, should immediately drop this.

Wonder how the initial reactions for hxh were when it just aired.
Apr 17, 2016 4:21 AM
Apr 2015
opticalsunset said:

Now the same thing is happening for episode 3. Cant wait to see peoples reactions to episode 4

Lmao it's best for him to drop it now to save us the complaining.

To those who've read the manga, we already know that Fai's rambling means jack-squat in literally another episode.
Apr 17, 2016 4:21 AM
Apr 2016
xaos12 said:
AbsoluteBloom said:

Well judging the pacing, until ep 6/7, I don't think it will get into the serious parts. So yeah, those who are impatient by now only, should immediately drop this.

It's very similar in a sense that people want something epic from the get go
Apr 17, 2016 4:22 AM

May 2012
Fai said:
Its third episode in 12 episode show. We are a quarter into the whole show. I'd usually expect the show to TRY To even pretend to have something more by third or fourth episode of its existence. So far this had nothing but a rehash of The Incredibles narrative, a whiny crybaby MC and shonen tropes.

Just interjecting a bit here; there's only about 2 or 3 chapters adapted, so you can't really expect the plot to progress that fast.

I'll have to agree with xaos12, that you should just drop it if the pacing's too slow for you and/or you're impatient

Apr 17, 2016 4:23 AM
Apr 2016
SkyeKuma said:
opticalsunset said:

Lmao it's best for him to drop it now to save us the complaining.

To those who've read the manga, we already know that Fai's rambling means jack-squat in literally another episode.

the next episode is going to be great at subverting "something" XD
Apr 17, 2016 4:23 AM
Apr 2016
xaos12 said:
AbsoluteBloom said:

I really don't get the impatience. Yes those serious parts are awesome but they would not be that impactful if everything before it was rushed through. And in a series where the entire story is already planned out by the mangaka nearly everything is important for the overall story and characters.
Apr 17, 2016 4:24 AM

May 2010
Wow Izuki sure is working hard! Some of the training scenes were a bit farfetched but lol okay.

He's still crying huh... I hope he becomes more optimistic from now on.
All Might and Izuki might as well do the do, a better way of transfering "DNA" than swallowing a hair and die lol.

Kacchan damn you. I don't care about that aggressive tsundere.

And there's the female character, finally! I love her already <3 Already better than Kacchan or other bully Kacchans.
TragicRomanceApr 17, 2016 4:29 AM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.