Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Big Order
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 16, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2014
Mr7Nightmare said:
Good episode. I hope it will be as good as mirai nikki.

>Good episode
>"Mirai Nikki"
>"Good"

a-are you serious ?
Apr 16, 2016 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
This is pretty much already better than Mirai Nikki, the MC isn't a total pussy but there were weird choices for when music played and the voice actor for the MC doesn't fit that well, they probably could've found someone better fit for it but overall a good first episode. Some stuff is already annoying me though like the whole suspense thing about his power, they didn't have to repeat it a million times and shit. Also I doubt they will explain his school life and shit either, why are people making fun of him? I've read some of the manga but that is never really explained.

Apr 16, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
The OVA was shit but this first episode is really good, looking forward to this anime !
Apr 16, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
I love the manga, only beef I have with this is how similar the characters look and act to Mirai Nikki.
Apr 16, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2016
Best comedy of this season!

Wait, it's not?

[Insert smooth jazz]
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 16, 2016 9:16 AM
Aug 2014
best review to the episode
Apr 16, 2016 9:41 AM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect that they would adapt this better than I thought. Looking forward to more episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
hithummah said:
best review to the episode

I fuking agree, Finally a good review of Big Order!
Apr 16, 2016 11:33 AM

Nov 2015
Had free time so gave it a try...
Well... That was interesting!
MC's power (or wish) is surely OP, why would you give that child at that age permission to wish?!
The funky music in between the action is not mixing well.
Fine ep overall, gotta see where it goes off to.
Apr 16, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
arikryu said:
Dystania said:
All the 'ORDER' screaming made me feel like I was watching Ace Attorney instead.

LMAO I don't know why, but this comment almost made me choke on my food xD

Yikes, sorry about that. :P
Apr 16, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Imouto a cute

And Eiji is HAX

Kurenai is...need more to judge how Yandere she is XD
Apr 16, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2011
CrotakuShinobi said:
All hail the Yandere goddess that is Yuno Gasai
And all hail Kurenai Rin the soon to be Mayadere goddess

Mayadere? So..Rin is gonna fall in love with the MC?
Apr 16, 2016 12:27 PM
Mar 2016
Does anybody have any idea what Eiji did to Kurenai??
Apr 16, 2016 12:32 PM

Jun 2014
Whoahoho said:
Does anybody have any idea what Eiji did to Kurenai??

He raped her.
Ma nigga Eiji raped the bitch that wanted to kill him.
judging from the cover, Eiji is a hardcore edgy pimp xD
Apr 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... I thought the first episode was awesome. Can't believe people hating it because they look the same with Mirai Nikki, because they're not 1:1 the same. Character's design? Sure. But their motivation, personality, background, story, etc etc, are different.

Putting that aside, I can totally feel something like Eiji dominating the world by controlling those "generals" or something who were sitting on that table with that white hair guy. Making his own Night Raid.

I can also feel incest vibe here. But we all know how it will end, after all the author is quite a yandere lover.

Can we talk about that tentacle rape scene that fades to black? Awesome marketing since I heard it was not in the manga lol. The "minai de" or "don't look" scene while blushing and breathing heavily is totally H materials.

Apr 16, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
For some reason I felt as if I wouldn't be able to enjoy this. And I'm still figuring out some of those reasons. I will say the fell of the story line feels familiar, and not in a good way. Sickly little sisters are often a drag on the character's growth and are an easy supply of (w)angst in my view, threw in some incest bait for lols I guess. The fact that fairy girl pointed out the MC didn't point to the destruction of the world makes me feel as if we'll find ourselves going down the convoluted road of discovering how "selfless" the MC is and instead rather domination for the sake of peace seems like a tad of indecisiveness on the authors part in terms of the setting. S/he wanted to make a quasi-post-apocaliptic world for the sake of both making everyone his enemy and sending him off with a large sum of angst for later "character development".

While I understand a child's will to be like a favored cartoon character I don't see exactly why world destruction would turn up from asking about domination. I doubt the answer lies with bad hearing or something. Sounds like an Aqua move. Of course, it'll either be some traumatic memory mixed in, corrupting his wish, or Daisy's shitty logic that makes it "the only way to fulfill your wish." Speaking of daisy, she seems like an eccentric magic girl character filling the role of divine deity. Either this is all (as usual) for her amusement or she's trying to change status qua (of whatever), or raise an army/take her place in the grand scheme of things.

The red head seems stupid, not so much her reasons as a whole so far but more over how she is portrayed, but that is the animation. Not to happy she is either gonna be turned into some kind of drone for the MC or it's magically not gonna work (OP willpower). Thus resulting in just a reflection moment for her, somehow seeing his memories, understanding why/what happened and dedication her life to one of "good"/ fixing the world.
That bunch at the table seemed like a room full of annoying tropes and cheesy anime personalities. Not particularly interested in the characters so far.

As someone stated the ending music was awkward as fuck and didn't fit the setting quite right. The CG was nauseating and reminded my of when CW was known as (kids) WB. And the strained facial expressions me of the villain of the week from 80% of LN adaptations. I didn't watch Mira Nikki and to this day only one post of fan-art Gelbooru has really made me want to. That's about as far as I would go for that art style. I will admit the only thing that made me consider watching this was the dark-skinned chick from the picture currently on MAL. With that I'm remembering the same with Captain earth, though it was easier for me to swallow shit. Not trying to assume this is shit since it can get better as many series have done the inverse and gotten worse. I'm not going to hold my breath and start masturbating to the Gelbooru updates profusely just yet but for now it'll stay in the back of my mind.
Apr 16, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
DarklordVor said:
Hmm... I thought the first episode was awesome. Can't believe people hating it because they look the same with Mirai Nikki, because they're not 1:1 the same. Character's design? Sure. But their motivation, personality, background, story, etc etc, are different.

Putting that aside, I can totally feel something like Eiji dominating the world by controlling those "generals" or something who were sitting on that table with that white hair guy. Making his own Night Raid.

I can also feel incest vibe here. But we all know how it will end, after all the author is quite a yandere lover.

Can we talk about that tentacle rape scene that fades to black? Awesome marketing since I heard it was not in the manga lol. The "minai de" or "don't look" scene while blushing and breathing heavily is totally H materials.

My reason to hate Big Order has no relations with Mirai Nikki at all.
I only hate this show because its badly written lol
Apr 16, 2016 1:02 PM

Mar 2014
I think many people here fail to see that the show is not trying to be more than just mindless, popcorn entertainment and therefore bash the show way too harshly.

I mean, we don´t even have to get to the jazz-in-the-hospital scene to clearly get that not even the show producers meant this series to be taken seriously.

The tokusatsu-ish episode opener with the screaming main character, the blatant and shameless plot exposition during school lessons, that smooth jazz playing in a supposedly dramatic and serious scene and the incoherent dialogue between the soldiers that comes next; to me those are all cues that the director simply wanted us to sit back, turn off our brains and enjoy this ride as if we were watching some hollywood action film. Admittedly, the story does get overly convoluted in chapters to come so I wouldn´t call this approach a bad one.

tl;dr not even the freaking show is taking itself seriously and it is quite clear if you pay a minimum of attention. So-called anime elitists or people that use more than one comment to strenuously express their dislike for this crap are making a joke of themselves.
Apr 16, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2014
VampireXxBrianna said:
CrotakuShinobi said:
All hail the Yandere goddess that is Yuno Gasai
And all hail Kurenai Rin the soon to be Mayadere goddess

Mayadere? So..Rin is gonna fall in love with the MC?

Yeah, but it will take some time
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 16, 2016 1:37 PM

Apr 2011
I hate anime where they hurt imoutos
Apr 16, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Will continue watch becuz saw some cool charas sitting around table somewhere in the middle of this first episode. They strucked me with some appealing presence otherwise it is a dropped series from my side.
Apr 16, 2016 2:33 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know what to say... I kind of saw the nature of his power coming from the title "Big Order".

The art was really good, I'm really impressed but the MC is... well don't get me wrong he's better than the one from Mirai Nikki but I don't quite get his personnality.

By the way this ending... was just X)

Apr 16, 2016 3:24 PM

Nov 2007
Yesssss. I really liked it.
Apr 16, 2016 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
Imeon said:
I watched for ecchi and romance..... and what did I got..... I had my eyes close for half the episode.... WTF.

Add psycho tag, didn't expect such violent scenes.

Lol yeah agreed, might as well add comedy then while we're at it.
Apr 16, 2016 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
I love those Mirai Nikki vibes. Can't stop calling her (Rin) Yuno.
Apr 16, 2016 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
DarklordVor said:

most people hating it as nothing to do with it being a Mirai Nikki/CG carbon copy, only because it is badly written and poorly directed.
Apr 16, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2014
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 16, 2016 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
So at the end he literally squeezed the life out of her, but in response they made her do some hentai moans as reply. Well this adaptation has certainly started out great... lol
Apr 16, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure what to make of this.

Obviously the similarities with Mirai Nikki are easily made, but this felt a bit more messy in its first episode. The pacing is quite fast, with our semi-crazy Kurenai Rin being introduced, showing her true colors and attacking the main character all captured within 3 to 4 minutes. It had no impact whatsoever as she got rid of that masquerade right away.

The soundtrack felt misplaced. You don't play upbeat jazzy music when someone's sister is violently stabbed in the back or during a climactic scene where the MC declares war on his enemies through world domination.

Also, what was the whole deal of Rin kidnapping his sister at the hospital and leading him to another place for an ambush? The entire building as apparently abandoned(?), so why not attack Eiji the moment he entered that hospital? He would have never seen it coming, so the plan they used to lure him made no sense and was just a cheap way to create unnecessary drama with his sister as a hostage. It also wasn't quite clever to let a small team of soldiers unleash a barrage of bullets on someone and suddenly command them to stop, exclaiming you want to have the killing blow...

The premise of the main character making forced allies through his power can be very interesting and eventually backfire in all sorts of ways, but I'm not entirely convinced if this show has what it takes to turn it into something exciting. It wouldn't surprise me if they went for a simple 'enemy of the week' format, using all the characters they showed during that short meeting scene.
Nuky93Apr 16, 2016 7:39 PM
Apr 16, 2016 7:39 PM
Sep 2014
I found this first episode to be all over the place, with an overly quick pacing and confusing plot. And I did read the first few chapters of the manga when it came out, so....

But anyway...they have Stands huh?
Apr 16, 2016 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Wow so many "edgy" moments it feels like I seen this somewhere before. I just can't put all my fingers on them.
Apr 16, 2016 8:13 PM
Apr 2015
Yuno is back i guess? XD
Apr 16, 2016 10:04 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man, please let this boost the manga popularity and inspire scanlators to work on it again
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2016 10:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The combo of Geass + Stand?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 16, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
He's like Discount Lelouch who was seemingly weak (getting his hand stabbed) then became OP at the end with some suggestive elements such as incest. Seriously, who takes pictures like that with their older brother?

I like it so far though. I'm looking forward to the following episodes.
臭い-
Apr 16, 2016 11:47 PM

Jul 2015
Such a dark atmosphere.. heck, let's add jazz to it lol

I'll still be watching this though. I'd like to know more about this Order..

Apr 17, 2016 12:10 AM

Mar 2008
Seemed pretty fun.

At least at the start I think the MC here is far better than what we got in Mirai Nikki. Starts out pretty weak, but gets himself going by the end. Plus can kind of get why. The guilt and also the fear of being discovered could make someone pretty timid and cautious. Basically the most hated person in the world, but no one knows it's him. Having the chance to understand his power and the wish he made....could act with some more confidence.

Plus....that fade to black and the credits XD. Talk about making good use of the credits.

The girl's plan was pretty darn crazy, but she was breaking off her mission and being reckless on her own. I'd feel worse for her if she didn't drag the little sister into her revenge scheme. Sadly for that girl...her power is something useful that Eiji would want to keep around. Basically a convenient heal for himself or his sister if something bad should happen.

I mean it's hardly "wow...best show ever!" kind of situation, but it's not bad. Should be an enjoyable ride.
Apr 17, 2016 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
It was okay lol, but i'm not convinced yet. Seems kinda ridiculous. And wtf that ending ...
Apr 17, 2016 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
I'm wondering why did she transfer to his school if she's gonna attempt to murder him at the same day? that's just... not what an assassin that has a brain would do!

And man! a protagonist who has the power to brainwash people, a heroine who granted him that power because she's interested in him, and an innocent, ill, and crippled little sister whom he wants to protect...
That doesn't look exactly like a show I know! it's totally original!

Exactly what I expect from Esuno Sakae, a show that is so good and stupid at the same time! I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this XD
Apr 17, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2007
So yeah this is basically very similar to Mirai Nikki but this MC seems to actually have the balls and powers(which are basically stands but without nonsensical weirdness that is the rest of jojo) and that ending was hilarious. Cant decide whether he was lobotomizing her or raping her or both.

This is certainly entertaining. Will continue watching if next episodes are on the level of this one.

DiabloMask said:

And man! a protagonist who has the power to brainwash people, a heroine who granted him that power because she's interested in him, and an innocent, ill, and crippled little sister whom he wants to protect...

Oh so it reminds you of death note? :^)
Friendly reminder that none of what you listed is in any way original or started by geass.
Apr 17, 2016 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:

DiabloMask said:

Oh so it reminds you of death note? :^)
Friendly reminder that none of what you listed is in any way original or started by geass.

I know, but this show is obviously trying to copy Code Geass in specific, not that I mind it though.
Apr 17, 2016 2:24 AM

May 2012
1st episode is so good

I hope it is 2 cours
Apr 17, 2016 3:49 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode and nice bondage!
Apr 17, 2016 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
shallow as fuck

oh well
Apr 17, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2015
What is with the ending, did it lead into hentai or something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
Imeon said:
I watched for ecchi and romance..... and what did I got..... I had my eyes close for half the episode.... WTF.

Add psycho tag, didn't expect such violent scenes.

You got what you wanted at the end
Apr 17, 2016 8:18 AM
Jun 2014
Got really mixed feelings about this series. Yeah it gives me those Mirai Nikki vibes but it's still kind of strange.

2-3/5
Apr 17, 2016 9:07 AM

Apr 2015
For about ten minutes I thought this was a bit classier than MN but it fell away after the sloppy production after Rin came out. The intended suspence didn't resonate at all

Why did the Rin team was so sure they could kill the MC when they didn't know his powers and also knew that he was a...Order or summat? Any explanations?

That last few minutes were amusingly shite, I'll try a bit more for comic relief
Apr 17, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 2012
Start is so hyper psychedelic. I'm laughing so much already. Weird osts at weird moments. Random jazz.
Nice mc's forgotten wish 10 years ago got recalled by a silly Evil Ranger cartoon (unlike Nisekoi they don't remember squat).
ONIICHANONIICHANONIICHANON + random Chinese flute music.
Everyone has weird or unique VA. Imouto's quite calming, like Miyuki in Mahouka.
Rin yandere katana
Screaming scampering brooding mc check
Another Super Hero association
Brocon x Siscon confirmed, also photos behind imouto lol
Order has a Familiar/IBM? like JoJo/Ajin
1/10000 wat?
Lelouch is here
More psychedelic floors & jazz
ORDER!
Nice comedy on par with Sakamoto/Netoge.
Apr 17, 2016 10:40 AM

May 2014
I feel Yuno gasai aura since that girl Rin show up, same arts i guess "chuckle. However still generic for the beginning of story, same like that harem, magic school, overpowered MC or somethin story, but this Big Order have much more interesting background than all of that.

Well, so far ep 1 no other character than MC, her imouro, that Psycho with katana.
Looking forward for the next episode xd
Well, just eager to know if the MC have such strong order like that, even divided 10.000 right now, but all of that with no comrades, what happen next? If its government who oppose him, let's see how this MC manage to keep stand of his two feet...
anggitozApr 17, 2016 10:49 AM
I hope you have a nice day '-')b
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

213 by Thunderball2004 »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

120 by Psi18c »»
Nov 14, 2022 8:35 AM

» anyone know when the uncensored episodes are going to be released?

theweaboopenguin - Jul 17, 2016

5 by Psi18c »»
Nov 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

97 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

81 by Vindicater »»
May 12, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.