Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »
Apr 15, 2016 4:30 AM

Jun 2014
CherryLover said:
First, are you seriously implying Ikoma, who has shown both an actual ability to actually reason and a truly focused goal, is characterized worse than Eren in simply one episode. That is beyond just a leap of logic, I'm afraid.

You can call me an idiot, but I think that the reason to fight because of the killed parent is a bit more interesting than the reason "I will fight because I want and can."
Maybe in the next episodes this dude will become more interesting character.
CherryLover said:
Second, the bolded statement is plainly ignorant. Why can't females be in a post-apocalyptic setting?

I didn't say that women can't be in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm okay with the females from AoT. But I don't like women from KnK because of their appearance. They look like characters from light-hearted historical series about Japan (with some comedy elements), not from the series about cruel world full of zombies.
By the way I think that this mix of elements from Japanese culture and zombie apocalypse is bad in general.
Apr 15, 2016 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
Promising 1st episode

I started watching this because i saw Theishter play the OP.
The anime itself is surprisingly amazing and i noticed SnK style too
Apr 15, 2016 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
Around minute 13, when Loli is speaking to MC in the jail. When speaking about the origin of her name,Mumei refers to his big brother as "Ani-sama" instead of the typical "Oni-sama". Can somebody savvy in the culture explain me the difference, if any, or why it is used in the context. Is that there for a reason, be it setting or respect or anything else, or is just for making it different?
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 15, 2016 11:35 AM
Oct 2010
They sure have one damn shitty security system, how could they not account for a runaway train full of zombies, no station before the city no 2nd wall no nothing as if they expected a train overun by zombies to simply stop but i guess the plot has to start somehow
Apr 15, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2008
LeHman93 said:
They sure have one damn shitty security system, how could they not account for a runaway train full of zombies, no station before the city no 2nd wall no nothing as if they expected a train overun by zombies to simply stop but i guess the plot has to start somehow

Those zombies can actually climb walls >_>
Apr 15, 2016 9:15 PM
Jan 2016
KoreaWS said:
Around minute 13, when Loli is speaking to MC in the jail. When speaking about the origin of her name,Mumei refers to his big brother as "Ani-sama" instead of the typical "Oni-sama". Can somebody savvy in the culture explain me the difference, if any, or why it is used in the context. Is that there for a reason, be it setting or respect or anything else, or is just for making it different?
The a- prefix is an acceptable substitute the o- prefix when speaking in honorifics, but it's got an odd place in modern Japanese as simultaneously being an archaic formal form and modern slang.

For example aniue (兄上) and aneue (姉上) are forms you hear in historical shows or really uptight, old-money families, whereas aniki (兄貴) or anego (姉御) is slang that's usually depicted as something thugs use while speaking up to someone they respect (which is actually not really modern slang, come to think of it, they're just mimicking the yakuza, which still uses archaic terms in their organizations).

Mumei's just contracting aniue to ani-sama, in a modern setting she'd be saying onii-sama instead.
MysteriousBananaApr 15, 2016 11:16 PM
Apr 16, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
KoreaWS said:
The a- prefix is an acceptable substitute the o- prefix when speaking in honorifics, but it's got an odd place in modern Japanese as simultaneously being an archaic formal form and modern slang.

For example aniue (兄上) and aneue (姉上) are forms you hear in historical shows or really uptight, old-money families, whereas aniki (兄貴) or anego (姉御) is slang that's usually depicted as something thugs use while speaking up to someone they respect (which is actually not really modern slang, come to think of it, they're just mimicking the yakuza, which still uses archaic terms in their organizations).

Mumei's just contracting aniue to ani-sama, in a modern setting she'd be saying onii-sama instead.

Thanks based banana.

If aniki were to be the implied word, I would had theorized that she belonged to an organization, and that her aniki from that organization would had rescued her and given her that name, due to amnesia or anything like that.

Now I can roll with the other definition too. Thanks a lot for the insight.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 16, 2016 11:18 AM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
LeHman93 said:

Those zombies can actually climb walls >_>

Well that makes the defence system even more useless
Apr 17, 2016 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
Love the character designs. Reminds me of 90s anime
Apr 18, 2016 12:34 AM

Jan 2016
Slitting your arm and hanging yourself in the first ep are pretty memorable ways for a character to introduce themself to the audience.
Apr 18, 2016 6:20 AM
May 2007
Lucky for the MC that he was bitten in his own BDSM dungeon and not somewhere else or he'd have been fucked.
Apr 18, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2016
Is it just me or is this animation just really pleasing to the eye?? Like omg I was just mesmerized by the amount of detail in this first episode. I sure hope the quality doesn't go down. Like someone said it has sort of a 90s feel. SNK season 2 is looking great. Lol jk
Apr 18, 2016 6:46 AM

Jan 2016
I also like how the MC just chokes himself to not become one of those monsters lol. Kinky af
Apr 18, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
Corinthians98 said:
I also like how the MC just chokes himself to not become one of those monsters lol. Kinky af

He's already more appealing to me than Eren from SnK.
Apr 18, 2016 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Attack on the mini titans. Zombiepiercer. Okay, I won't go further.

Well, that was both intense and depressing. All these people were just random people that saw their life get thrown away :|
It was also depressing to see the autorities having some impunitive power, even though it can be understandable in a situation like this.

On the other hand, that's a freaking badass MC. I don't know what the hell he did at the end, but damn, that looked like one hell of a machine. And his reaction.

I can't believe I missed that show from the line-up. Dis wil be gud.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 19, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
The 2nd season of Attack on Titans looks pretty good.
The Art of Eight
Apr 19, 2016 5:58 PM

Feb 2014
Dropping this right here, but I'm gonna say, this anime made me understand why people hate on SnK a little bit better.
Apr 19, 2016 10:11 PM
Jul 2014
Well I honestly really like this series so far, unexpectedly.
I was p much just looking through new series since I just finished this other one, and I just stumbled upon this one
Everyone is complaining about the OP but I think it's ok??? I like the music for it a lot actually.
Also I still can't decide whether I like Mumei or not but I'm getting really bad bitch vibes from Ayame (I think that's her name??). I don't know, Ayame hasn't even done much but for some reason I don't really like her. Also I noticed that the girls are animated so much more carefully than the guys lmao. Like their eyelashes, lips, and most noticably, the hair.

As for the MC, I like him a lOT more than Eren. He has a voice that's a lot less annoying hahaha. Also, I mean, he actually did his research and created his own weapon,, plusIhonestlythinkhe'sreallycuteaaaaa bUT ANYWAYYYYS I think it's off to a pretty good start, despite the fact that it seems like it's starting off like any post apocalyptic/transformation action shounen anime but since it's an original series, I'm sort of hoping that it'll take a slightly different course

Also, the animation for the fighting scenes are really nice ////

But then one thing that I was really bothered about, was when the train with zombies came crashing through, I would expect the defense and security system to actually take a better look at the train before lowering the goddamn gates. I mean, that couldn't have been the first time that zombies have attempted to get in by clinging to the trains.
Apr 19, 2016 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that was pretty interesting.
Got me hooked already. I will definitely keep watching.

darkninj12 said:
Love the character designs. Reminds me of 90s anime

I thought this, too!
Apr 21, 2016 8:36 PM
Apr 2016
Loving the series so far. My only issue is similar with many who brought up the fact that the city's defense seems to be lackluster at best. They could at least stop every train before entering the gate.
Apr 21, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 2007
The Chinese one doesn't show Mumei beheading the dude and all the blood is censored. But the official airing showed ALL the gore and full on beheading. Worth rewatching for the gore.
Apr 22, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
Too bad they failed with the protagonist, it worked once but this time they're just pushing it too hard (that full recovery out of nowhere, just no). The little girl at the end tho, I hope she makes this anime worth watching.
Apr 22, 2016 11:59 PM

Jan 2016
17 pages? damn even Boku Dake wasn't this hyped.
Apr 23, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
Is it just me, or did the MC'S voice change around 6:49? it sounds a lot deeper and slightly stilted
Apr 23, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2012
That's some good shit right there, really getting the snk vibes. 5/5 visuals & soundtrack + no censorship.
Apr 23, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Wtf just did I watched...??
Seriously this episode basically snk rip off...
Apr 23, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
Badass loli.
Badass anime.
That was great! 5/5 I hope they can keep up this intensity.
Apr 23, 2016 4:25 PM
Jan 2016
I was completely shocked by how good this episode was! Yes, it is definitely reminiscent of Attack on Titan, but with an interesting MC, a gorgeous presentation, and an interesting world, I do believe that this series will end up as a must-watch for the season
Apr 24, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
This is literally the same story as SnK haha
It's like SnK Zombie Version
Apr 25, 2016 7:13 PM

May 2008
Explosive first episode. Kinda feels like Shingeki no Kyojin as many others have pointed out but I'm loving it so far.
Apr 25, 2016 9:47 PM

Mar 2014
They should just rename this to Attack on Kabane.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 26, 2016 1:28 AM

Apr 2008
Pass-the-Salt said:
They should just rename this to Attack on Kabane.

Strongly disagreed
Apr 27, 2016 2:43 AM
Nov 2010

Dem legs are killers.
Apr 27, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
shanimebib said:

If you can rationalize the two pictures above you will realize plot wise how bad the first episode was. I will not say more.

Everything reeked Shingeki no Kyojin. But I gotta give credits where it's due. I think the MCs are likable so far so it's still watchable. After the first impression, I am not gonna give this more than a 6.5/10 if it doesn't improve.

I agree. Because they were tripping on checking and kept mentioning that its a miracle that it arrived "Earlier". Then night time not only are there no checks but the train arrived "On Time". Inconsistencies man.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 29, 2016 1:39 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
PiggyBancon said:

The people and MC are stupid though because they already have a weapon that can pierce through the Kabaneras. It's the suicide bag because for some reason it can pierce through the heart of a Kabanera. They could just turn that thing into a weapon.

Wtf are you talking about. That bag destroys the heart BEFORE it is fortified by the virus.

Episode 3 shows that the bag can destroy the heart AFTER fortification.
Apr 29, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
That was pretty good but way too shock factor for episode one. Well, that contributes to most of it's high score I guess.

I like the ethics issues presented. That sold me. Also, interested in learning about the other characters.
Apr 29, 2016 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
PiggyBancon said:
Darklight0303 said:

Wtf are you talking about. That bag destroys the heart BEFORE it is fortified by the virus.

You try using that thing on a Kabane that rushes you and tries to eat your face off. It's not practical no matter what. So you're still in the wrong with your criticism
Apr 29, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
PiggyBancon said:

You try using that thing on a Kabane that rushes you and tries to eat your face off. It's not practical no matter what. So you're still in the wrong with your criticism

That's why I said they can improve it.

Why do Ikoma wants to mass produce his weapon then? It's literally the same thing because they can only be fire at point blank range.
Apr 30, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2012
PiggyBancon said:
Darklight0303 said:

Why do Ikoma wants to mass produce his weapon then? It's literally the same thing because they can only be fire at point blank range.

Ah, no - killing at a point blank is one thing, firing at a point blank is another thing. I am pretty sure the nail gun can fire at range, not only at a blank point.

:D
zellamiApr 30, 2016 2:52 AM
Apr 30, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2015
zellami said:
PiggyBancon said:

Ah, no - killing at a point blank is one thing, firing at a point blank is another thing. I am pretty sure the nail gun can fire at range, not only at a blank point.

All of the shot Ikoma fired from that gun even in the Opening is from point blank. He doesn't even try mid range even when there's a chance like when the Kabane is stuck on the train door. He fired 3 point blank shots on that Kabane. He had the chance to fire at mid range on 2 of those shots because the Kabane was not moving but instead he moved close to it and place the gun at point blank.

The nail gun mechanic is the same as the suicide bag. You place the gun/bag right on the heart and fire/pull the trigger.
PiggyBanconApr 30, 2016 7:14 AM
Apr 30, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2012
PiggyBancon said:
zellami said:

All of the shot Ikoma fired from that gun even in the Opening is from point blank. He doesn't even try mid range even when there's a chance like when the Kabane is stuck on the train door. He fired 3 point blank shots on that Kabane. He had the chance to fire at mid range on 2 of those shots because the Kabane was not moving but instead he moved close to it and place the gun at point blank.

The nail gun mechanic is the same as the suicide bag. You place the gun/bag right on the heart and fire/pull the trigger.

Right.

The one time he ever saw his gun working was at a point blank. A point blank secures his killing rate for sure - the gun itself wasn't even working before that. The suicide bag works only at this range, and except one case in episode 3, I have great doubts about, the suicide bag success rate is on people.

To be honest, I'd like to see this gun working at other ranges, but I don't see why Ikoma's gun should be deemed useless. The modified rifles basically have only repellent effect at a very close range too, because they are used mostly to guard the trains through the wholes. The bag, even if assumed to have a killing effect, is useless in combat.

The OP shows other modified weapons, so there's more to it.

Ah, in this episode the priest had a stick (staff), powered by steam. Overall, except Mumei's weapons and her power, the armament is indeed low level.
Apr 30, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2015
zellami said:
PiggyBancon said:

Right.

The one time he ever saw his gun working was at a point blank. A point blank secures his killing rate for sure - the gun itself wasn't even working before that. The suicide bag works only at this range, and except one case in episode 3, I have great doubts about, the suicide bag success rate is on people.

To be honest, I'd like to see this gun working at other ranges, but I don't see why Ikoma's gun should be deemed useless. The modified rifles basically have only repellent effect at a very close range too, because they are used mostly to guard the trains through the wholes. The bag, even if assumed to have a killing effect, is useless in combat.

Ah, in this episode the priest had a stick (staff), powered by steam. Overall, except Mumei's weapons and her power, the armament is indeed low level.
The suicide bags contain gunpowder or how do they work?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
zal said:
zellami said:

Right.

Evrеy fire arm is based on a gunpowder and an ignition, to my knowledge at least.

?
Apr 30, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2015
zellami said:
zal said:

Evrеy fire arm is based on a gunpowder and an ignition, to my knowledge at least.

?
Then why are they using steam guns if they have gunpowder?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
zal said:
zellami said:

?
Then why are they using steam guns if they have gunpowder?

The only thing I can think off is the firing rate. The rifles seem rather basic - imagine what would happen if the gunner stops to clean and reload gunpowder after every shot. That is, if the gunpowder isn't something rare or they have little knowledge how to develop projectile weapons or something. I don't know actually. Cyberpunk works with gravitational beam emitters, steampunk works with steam weapons :)
May 1, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah, who really cares how similar to AoT it is? It's fucking awesome. I just can't get over the character designs, they remind me of the best stuff from the 90s.
May 1, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
Great opening episode and I'm already liking the main character. Right of the bat, this guy is trying to do something. Can't wait to find out about his past and why he feels the way he does.

From the intro, I saw a few similarities to SNK, but I hope that is not the case.

On to episode 2...
May 1, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2008
The MC here is more likable and competent than Eren.
This anime has potential.
May 2, 2016 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good first episode.
May 6, 2016 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
Wow... I knew Kabaneri was going to be similar to Shingeki no Kyojin, but I didn't know it would be that similar.
Pages (19) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.