Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
Really having a hard time getting into this. Most of the characters are ridiculous.
Apr 8, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2014
I can already tell this anime is going to be terrible. It supposed to be a drama/mystery but the way that they've handled all of the tension so far has been nothing but cheesy (that panning shot at the end, its like who the fuck are these people i don't know yet). I'm normally not one to care too much about the premise of a show but this is the most suspect premise I've ever seen in an anime, these people all followed this mysterious link on the internet and threw their lives away did they think they would not get wrecked.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
Apr 8, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2014
I like Lovepon lol

Hi there
Apr 8, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2015
My, my, another "conflict" right after OP? This Anime really is a "brain game". How do you manage conflict in nowhere place with someone you never know. And the "climax" after they finally reach the village...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2009
Lion and Hayoto so far are my favorite characters. It's funny how obvious it is Hayoto likes his best friend to the point even Lion infers it. Looking forward to see where the mystery aspect of the series goes, because I mean I doubt the people that vanished that originally lived in the village are still alive. 5/5 really wish I was marathoning this.
Apr 8, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
Another slow episode. The answer to this mystery had better be good, considering pretty much nothing has happened so far.
Apr 8, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
Woo, I have another gay character who's hopelessly in love with his oblivious, heterosexual friend.

Hayoto/Speedstar's probably my favorite right now, followed by Lion who keeps pointing out everything I'm thinking.
Apr 8, 2016 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
Hmmm I guess things will get interesting next episode. So far, so good! I'm quite enjoying this.
Apr 8, 2016 9:55 PM

Oct 2015
kyle8998 said:
I like Lovepon lol

I cracked up when she said that lol. Anyway, my guess is that the previous batch of people who came to Nanaki Village got killed by something or someone. The tour guide and Koharun strike me as the most suspicious so far considering that they were the only who knew how to get to Nanaki Village.
Apr 8, 2016 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much liking that survival guy. Also Jack's reaction in his short conversation was funny, looking like "wtf did this guy just say."

Looking forward to more.
Apr 8, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
man most these characters really are assholes wanted Yotsunn to die day one looks like it might happen

next week will be the deciding point depending on how they handle it
Apr 8, 2016 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Boring. Mostly build up but hopefully next week it's getting better.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 8, 2016 10:25 PM

Mar 2013
It seems like every character in this show has its ways to be an asshole huh. Well done. Not.
Eh, well we can assume now that there is something there and it ain't bears or something of the sort. Nonetheless I can't seem to get an idea about what happened. I hope I get a damn clue next week. That ugly guy, Yottsun? I think, is probably going to die soon. Or so I hope. If this show involves the dead per week idea. We'll see.
Apr 8, 2016 10:37 PM
Jan 2015
terminador_2397 said:
StardustNyako said:
I imagine someone sent that woman the email to lure her and everyone to this place so they could proceed to serial kill them all.

+1 Inb4 Bus driver is imposter

+1 inb4 Rape.

Oh and since Yotsunn disappeared and Puke chan is too important to die this early,

It's confirmed pretty much that the black guy will once again die first.

I shoulda known the black guy would be the first to die

Because it's like a norm in movies that the black guy always dies first right?
Apr 8, 2016 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
Ok, this show is so badly written and directed it's actually funny. Unintentional comedy of the '10s.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 8, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2014
Raz1515 said:
I still feel like it's gonna end up that all of them are split personalities of one person and gonna end up dying one by one until the "true" person is left

So like the movie "Identity" ? If so then I hope it's executed properly.
Apr 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... another build up. Well they have 30 characters with only 12 episodes, I'm worried.

The MC is so relatable. Falling for girls around the same age or younger, but not into onee-san type. Lion ftw.

That rapper turned to raper as fast as I dropped that p.

Lovepon wants to execute the driver lol. I think the knocking on that driver made him joined the crew. Probably some aliens, tv crews, or anything from American Horror Story's weird plot twists. Those two survival guys are gonna be an A game people when something came.

Anyway, anyone else got that Hinamizawa accident vibe from this village?

Apr 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Dec 2015
I hate Mitsumune so much like idk he just doesn't fit... even the reason he's there in the first place doesn't fit.
Apr 8, 2016 11:06 PM

Nov 2012
lots of foreshadowing and talking this episode. i wonder if yottsun is kill already.
Apr 8, 2016 11:09 PM

Sep 2012
I wonder what the dark fast running thing was, I guess its same thing that left the bear like footprint.

kyle8998 said:
I like Lovepon lol

+1
Apr 8, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
This was pretty much setting up what's yet to come. One thing that's really creepy is, who was knocking on the bus drivers window when all the kids left?

Personally I don't think it's a "monster" that's going to kill every one, I think every person will go batshit crazy and start killing each other
Apr 8, 2016 11:21 PM

Mar 2013
Caesar said:
Yottsun might not die at all, but he's one of the three characters to appear in this episodes ending, which gives me the impression he's going to depart sooner rather than later.
I also doubt he'll die but I do think he'll serve as a segway to introduce the villian/antagonist they'l be dealing with. It was also very swift but just before yottsun took masaki she had noticed a little rustle in the bush just outwide of the window which may also lead into something that involves the two.
Jack's reaction to Judgeness, in this episode, suggests that his personality has more to it than a showman's facade.
I immediately thought that Jack will play a rather noteworthy role the moment he punched the bus driver in the face. I doubt they gave him that unique scene for no reason. His persona plays out almost as one that's very alert, as if he knows and has seen more than the average joe.
Happy Halloween
Apr 8, 2016 11:22 PM

Jul 2015
Pattern maybe? look at it really close.

Apr 8, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2014
the driver was possessed by a ghost.
Apr 8, 2016 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder who sent the email to Koharu.

The village is deserted!
Apr 8, 2016 11:39 PM

Jul 2007
Annnd we dive headfirst into Okada's cheap drama. Well of course there are rape tendencies. Okada can't live without most cringy things ever in her plots.

Still disappointed at lack of gore and deaths so far. Considering this is Another-2 I guess the actual comedy and lulz will start next episode. Please don't disappoint me Mizushima - we need more material to make pie gifs with. Also don't forget to add another out-of-place-random dance scene that kills braincells too!

2/5
Can't wait for gory dying to start.
Apr 8, 2016 11:42 PM

Aug 2008
Well now we have a rake foreshadowing and a rape attempt.

That driver is suspicious as hell.
Apr 8, 2016 11:49 PM

Mar 2015
Lovepon is the best.
Apr 8, 2016 11:59 PM
Dec 2013
Mitsumune is dumb, though not in a way that makes it enjoyable.
Apr 9, 2016 12:01 AM

Jan 2014
This episode felt so short...
I really liked it and I can't wait to watch the next episode.
Why did I do this to myself?? Why didn't I wait until it's finished? IMMA DIE
Apr 9, 2016 12:07 AM

Jul 2015

The episode had me laughing out loud at several points. I like the protagonist more now that he accidentally told off Mai Mai, but still manages to fall for every other passing female. I hope he ends up with the carsick girl in the end though. Speaking of her... please be alright :(

Other silly ones were the pirate cosplayer pissed at Jack and the survival guy ranting about females being useless except for procreation. Someone give the guy a fedora!

I'm guessing the silliness will end next episode and we finally get to the suspense part. I want Yottsun to die first tbh.
Apr 9, 2016 12:27 AM

May 2009
The last scene made me laugh. The music with the screen shots of all characters somehow felt a bit weak to me.

However overall I really liked the episode. I was kind of expecting no other people to be in the village, but I didn't expect an almost in tact village. I don't watch horror animes, but I have never been longing for one as much as I do now, lol.
This anime could be really interesting (possibly one of the best this season?)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 9, 2016 12:31 AM

Sep 2015
The MC really pisses me off xD
I hope Masaki killed Yottsun, it would be more exciting c:
xSkipiApr 9, 2016 12:37 AM
Apr 9, 2016 12:37 AM

Aug 2013
That mc falling for every girl is rather annoying ughhh,.
Seems like he got over it and told off Maimai unconsciously.. well I hope he settle down anyway.
So far I only like Lion and Hayato.. the rest have nasty attitudes or possess a screw lose here and there.
Oh no, Yottsun just raise his own flag.. well I guess the first victim candidate is decided.
Hmm or more like that bastard should die first pffft.
Apr 9, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
this is actually really good
nice cliffhanger, i hope they will explain the whole village thing and vanishing thing by the end of the anime
Apr 9, 2016 12:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The characters and the way they interact with each other feels poorly written. In most anime it's not a problem, but in one that takes itself seriously like this one it really detracts from it.

I hope the story pushes the show forward because I feel I'm gonna get much from these characters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2016 1:03 AM

Mar 2014
aikaflip said:
So, they give the bus driver their wallets in the most assholish way possible, walk to the village, the bus driver is surprised by something, then he joins them.

Everyone walks around, chats about stuff, etc. Some of the guys are really horny for some reason, and the ambiguously brown guy is the horniest of them all. And because Japan loves rape, they imply a rape between him and Masaki, the character that the writers tried to build the most sympathy for.

Compared to everything else I'm watching, this show is so mediocre. It's like every b-movie about people going to a "mysterious village." I'm going to give this show one more episode. If it doesn't suck less next week, or at least surprise me, I'm dropping it.

1/5
^Pretty much this

For those of you who've seen more anime by Mari Okada: are all of them this cringeworthy?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 9, 2016 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm, I like it for now. That afterlife theory has a sense, but I'm not convinced yet.
Btw I'm the only one who is worried about what happened do Masaki?!

Xenocrisi said:

YOTTSUN BRING BACK MASAKI. Where have they gone? I think he is trying to rape her or something

Please, don't even...

Btw2 beautiful backgrounds
And I didn't see that many fucked up characters before. Even main male character is way too off.

brandonhill1993 said:
i really hope this anime turns horror, we need more horror!

OMG please, no. I don't want to watch an another mindless slasher. It's dumb.
I would prefer a good thriller instead.
rsc-plApr 9, 2016 1:39 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 9, 2016 1:14 AM
Apr 2016
I fathom it as some former inhabitant encountered the Bus Driver and told him to watch over kids, since he has no real meaning of living behind him.
OR
as someone said previously he is being impersonated by some being, which I hope is not true.
And then those Ending characters, I guess this is hinting at something. Enjoyable overall, psychological suspense or what kind of rotten society is going up worldwide...
Re:formed
Apr 9, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
I get the feeling that these are the characters from Btooom, except instead of dropping them off at an uninhabited island and forcing them to kill each other, they're clumping all of them together to annoy each other so much that they'll WANT to kill each other.

That said, I'm of two minds about Mitsumune. I empathize with him in that he's never had any experience dealing with girls, and yet I feel like for a kid that was bullied at a young age, that he lacks so much in natural tact and ability to analyse situations as a person (which Speedstar seems to have in abundance). I'm finding his attempts at acting innocent a bit tiresome, and keep wondering that if it's so hard for him to read the mood, why would his friend leave him alone with a bunch of girls around. That said, he seems to have a natural detector for liars, in that he managed to spoil Maimai's fun by not falling for her psudo-seduction.

Horny Yottsun messed with the wrong main heroine here. I have no doubts that he's going to either end up as a carcass or a pile of monster dung after this. No one messes with the main heroine after just the second episode. Though I have to admit that in such a typical anime setting, I was pretty much expecting some horny boys and girls.

The bus driver though... wanna bet he's already dead and the one that joined them stole his face ala Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Actually looking forward to seeing where the next episode takes us now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 9, 2016 1:42 AM
Jan 2013
So, MC is a boy that barely arrived in puberty! a kind of kid that tell his biography to everyone!
Annoying as fuck!

Why in the world they're provoking each other? i mean like all of them? they mutually agreed to cohabitate in nanakimura right? they must be like: instead of make peace, let's pisses each other off!
Dehumanizing every unlikeable character was not a good move for a writer you know? as well as humanizing character before its death!

The brown glasses was a douchebag rapist? kinda obvious! what kind of person wore a dark colored glasses all the time? even in the night? with a reversed hat? your typical fuckboy!

Mari Okada, sincerely Fuck You! Sexual inuendos in every bromance? what the fuck? not only gundam but also this? Instead of making a dedicated works you choose to pull out every fucking stock character available! very convinient you bitch!

Rape? that came out of nowhere! well, another unrelentless stream of plot, at least i'll give it a chance!
Apr 9, 2016 1:59 AM
Jan 2013
rsc-pl said:

brandonhill1993 said:
i really hope this anime turns horror, we need more horror!
OMG please, no. I don't want to watch an another mindless slasher. It's dumb.
I would prefer a good thriller instead.

what are you talking about? Are you implying that slasher sub-genre is dumb?

i don't know what you expected, but the setting, the tittle, and the exposition so far indicate that it would not end well! hence, it's bound to be a little bit dumb (if you think horror, or slasher is).
Apr 9, 2016 2:01 AM

Jul 2007
Farabeuf said:
In most anime it's not a problem, but in one that takes itself seriously like this one it really detracts from it.

Its not a serious show. Its from the guy who directed Blood-C and Another and from the girl who "wrote" Wixxoss franchise and 2006's Fate Stay Night. There's not even an ounce of anything serious in that, no matter how much they would or could try. Okada has not written a good thing in her life.

Its not a show you watch for characters or seriousness.
Its a show you watch for cheap soapy over-the-top melodrama and to guess who bites it next and how(as well as laughing at the how).
AhenshihaelApr 9, 2016 2:06 AM
Apr 9, 2016 2:07 AM

Nov 2012
Please, can Valkana just die Slowly and painfully preferably...
IMO Lion is the only likable character so far...
Apr 9, 2016 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
Topknot guy (Val Kilmer, was it?) is one annoying asshole. Next week we might find out why he is.

As for the rest- Puke girl and black guy are either in danger due to some thing attacking/abducting them or the the latter is showing the former his moves if you know what I mean. Either way, it's really, really bad. Dunno why I'm still watching this, tbh.

What was the name of the guy who's there with his girlfriend? Manabe? Something like that I believe. Anyhow, seeing how the show is heading south real fast, I hope the fucker gets NTR'd. You know, for the heck of it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 9, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2015
Maybe I should get back into playing Town of Salem...

Something seems very wrong with the MC, mentally. Like he's not just some idiot who says clumsy things.
Apr 9, 2016 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
opiktea said:

what are you talking about? Are you implying that slasher sub-genre is dumb?

Yes. For me it's definitely dumb, not worth my time genre. I like horrors but slashers are the worst thing in the world, along with 'murican romantic comedies imo.

opiktea said:

i don't know what you expected, but the setting, the tittle, and the exposition so far indicate that it would not end well! hence, it's bound to be a little bit dumb (if you think horror, or slasher is).

What I expected?
>Drama, Mystery
So?
>Setting
It's pretty similar to Lost.
>title
? Tells nothing

I'm still expecting something good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 9, 2016 2:46 AM

Jul 2015
Does anyone actually enjoy these small-framed, high-pitched, weak-minded schoolboys as protagonists?

It's so common in anime and I just can't stand it.
Apr 9, 2016 2:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Farabeuf said:
In most anime it's not a problem, but in one that takes itself seriously like this one it really detracts from it.

Its not a serious show. Its from the guy who directed Blood-C and Another and from the girl who "wrote" Wixxoss franchise and 2006's Fate Stay Night. There's not even an ounce of anything serious in that, no matter how much they would or could try. Okada has not written a good thing in her life.

Its not a show you watch for characters or seriousness.
Its a show you watch for cheap soapy over-the-top melodrama and to guess who bites it next and how(as well as laughing at the how).

No need to preach to the converted. It is of course not a serious show. But boy do the 'characters' take themselves seriously and I found the show itself (via the bus driver) to be kind of preachy. This series would improve if it had a more lighthearted tone.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2016 2:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
BlueBalls said:
Does anyone actually enjoy these small-framed, high-pitched, weak-minded schoolboys as protagonists?

It's so common in anime and I just can't stand it.

There must be someone, because otherwise I don't understand why they do it again and again. Maybe these characters are representative of self insert MC-kun?

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.