Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 13, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe because of guys like ForneverWorld or whatever his name is.
Feb 13, 2016 12:51 AM

Feb 2015
People dislike weaboos BECAUSE THEY ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE TO THE ANIMU COMMUNITY
Feb 13, 2016 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
Too bad, now having an Anime avatar is classified as a weeaboo now.
Feb 13, 2016 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
There's this girl called Naoto and she is a complete and total Japanotard. She's so retarded and she also thinks anime is all about One Piece, Fairy Tail, SAO or Sailor Moon. The fact is that she hasn't watched cartoons/animation long enough.
Feb 13, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
Some people in Japan obsess over France, then once moving to live there they kill themselves because it's not how amazing as they thought it would be, Pais Syndrome.

More weeaboos should follow their lead.
Mar 16, 2016 2:42 AM

Jan 2016
this an old thread but i'll give my opinion,

i think peoples disliked weebs especially by anime fans, because many persons non-anime fans out there, labeled anyone who liked anime, or even just watching some series as weebs, they are get wrong idea whats weeaboo mean
Mar 16, 2016 2:55 AM

Oct 2014
YaDiNotes said:

i think peoples disliked weebs especially by anime fans, because many persons non-anime fans out there, labeled anyone who liked anime, or even just watching some series as weebs, they are get wrong idea whats weeaboo mean

Those who are not fans obviously use the word too much but even a lot of us anime fans dislike people we call weeaboos. Weeaboos are overly-annoying and give normal fans a really bad impression. If they want others to take anime seriously, shutting up would be a good place to start.
Mar 16, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2016
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
YaDiNotes said:

Those who are not fans obviously use the word too much but even a lot of us anime fans dislike people we call weeaboos. Weeaboos are overly-annoying and give normal fans a really bad impression. If they want others to take anime seriously, shutting up would be a good place to start.
sorry i was ger a wrong idea what you said. its hard to make anime haters, to shutting up they always get another way to insult anime fans, but most of them always using that word to insult all of us and make bad impression to anyone who like anime
Mar 16, 2016 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
Weaboos are as bad as the weaboo haters.

Actually no. I don't ever come across real weaboos so it's just the haters that I see. They're worse.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 16, 2016 3:45 AM

Jan 2016
-Maz said:

Actually no. I don't ever come across real weaboos so it's just the haters that I see. They're worse.

actually iam will not really hating weeb. (they just have different thoughts about anime and manga) if those anime haters didn't using those weeebs issue so much and making us anime fan become a bad impression in socials. now many peoples thinks anyone who watch anime are annoying. Haters are the worst

edit; oot i love to learn culture and foreigner culture and languages. and those weeb and westaboo issues making me bit annoyed to learn any of them.
shirohaMar 16, 2016 3:55 AM
Mar 16, 2016 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
They make other anime fans look bad.

mecharobot said:
FahtahSensei said:
Btw what does one call the opposite counterpart, an East Asian who is obsessed with western culture?

Beawoo.
This.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 16, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2014
-Maz said:

It's like you said, you never came across real weeaboos. Trust me, if ever you do, you'd wish you never did.

Unless you're the weeaboo.
Mar 16, 2016 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
Luckily the word weeaboo is used so wrongly these days, anyone even remotely connected to anime gets called that now. Nice job, Obama.

Mar 18, 2016 6:54 PM
Jan 2016
I dont know, people are calling everyone watches anime and listening to jpop a weeb, so i personally try not to care and just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb
Mar 18, 2016 10:34 PM

Apr 2013
I hope you guys realize that all of you have a myanimelist account and use the forum, you're all as weeb as you can get.
Mar 18, 2016 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Because weebs are obnoxious and aloof reality. I grimace with revulsion upon lopsided accusations of me being a weeaboo. There is observable discrepancy between weeaboo and anime dilettante.
Mar 19, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2015
they're so annoying

so so annoying!
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Mar 19, 2016 1:02 AM

May 2013
Because those dumb shits don't know wtf they're talking about.
Mar 19, 2016 2:03 AM

May 2014
I prefer having friends that shower in something other than grease.
Mar 19, 2016 2:07 AM

Jun 2008
IMSadBiscuit said:

To be fair anime fans already look bad to begin with so....
Mar 19, 2016 2:56 AM

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
IMSadBiscuit said:

To be fair anime fans already look bad to begin with so....
They make other anime fans look bad. I know that there are fans out there who don't go around declaring their love for their waifu or something.

The other fans that I'm talking about are the sane ones. Too bad most of the anime fandom is composed of people who force their opinions down other people's throats.

But you do have a point there, although generalizing the whole fanbase won't really do any good...
SadBiscuiitMar 19, 2016 3:01 AM

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 19, 2016 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
Because of their obsession with anime and other Japanese things; they also think that Asia is all about Japan. Most weeaboos are still social rejects who work in very poor jobs.
Mar 19, 2016 8:48 AM

Aug 2008
Oh and also weaboos have this attitude on worshiping Japan to the point they try to justify Japan WW2 crime and think Japan is a country that can do no wrong.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 19, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
They're very overzealous, some to the point of blind worship of Japan. Its a bad image. >_>
Mar 19, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Simply because they are sub humans and should all burn down in hell
Mar 19, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2015
Weeaboos make the entirety of the anime community look bad. Most of them claim to be experts on Japanese culture despite the fact that they've probably watched 30 anime at best, have an absolute obsession with anime to the point that they can't talk about anything other than it, and generally practice disgusting hygiene, fitness, and social communication skills. Not everyone who likes anime is like that, but those outside the community think we all are due to the actions of weeaboos.
Mar 19, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Burn them.

Surely the Japanese are offended that the US created such a term.
It's funny though, when some try so hard to be something they are far from.
Mar 30, 2016 7:21 PM
Mar 2016
I just hate how they think that if u watch anime ur a instant weeaboo
Mar 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2014
Because they're annoying. They smell bad, use nyan, desu, and kawaii in sentences, and wear Naruto headbands and shit. Wearing anime accessories is fine, the first two are not.
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Weeaboos make the entirety of the anime community look bad. Most of them claim to be experts on Japanese culture despite the fact that they've probably watched 30 anime at best, have an absolute obsession with anime to the point that they can't talk about anything other than it, and generally practice disgusting hygiene, fitness, and social communication skills. Not everyone who likes anime is like that, but those outside the community think we all are due to the actions of weeaboos.
Yeah, pretty much. If you go to a convention this is what you'll see. It's not that bad since I like talking about anime with people, but most of them won't discuss anime in any capacity, it's all about jumping on the next hype train and dressing up as Kirito.
Mar 30, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
It's fine if you have an interest in something, but taking it to excess can be too much and very off-putting to a lot of people.
Mar 31, 2016 3:40 AM

Oct 2015
nowa_ said:
I hope you guys realize that all of you have a myanimelist account and use the forum, you're all as weeb as you can get.

"I don't know what 'weeb' means, the post".

Anyway, the answer is partly because memes. There are a lot of popular people on the internet who have expressed distaste for weeaboos, and so their followers will want to hate them too, and there are some people who hate "weeaboos" and anime simply because of xenophobia. It's not western so they think it automatically sucks. Which sucks.

And remember guys, weeaboo is a corruption of the word "wapanese", and so it refers to someone in the west who denounces their own culture and glorifies japanese culture in return.

I don't "hate" weeaboos, I just pity them instead, because there's actually nothing wrong with being a weeaboo on a moral standpoint, but it does very much limit their outlook.
Mar 31, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2012
Because they try to act like japanese people. They are being just way too much fun of japan and anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
Lobinde said:
nowa_ said:

Anyway, the answer is partly because memes. There are a lot of popular people on the internet who have expressed distaste for weeaboos, and so their followers will want to hate them too, and there are some people who hate "weeaboos" and anime simply because of xenophobia. It's not western so they think it automatically sucks. Which sucks.

And remember guys, weeaboo is a corruption of the word "wapanese", and so it refers to someone in the west who denounces their own culture and glorifies japanese culture in return.

I don't "hate" weeaboos, I just pity them instead, because there's actually nothing wrong with being a weeaboo on a moral standpoint, but it does very much limit their outlook.

"I don't accept myself as a weeb, the post."
Mar 31, 2016 10:18 AM

Oct 2015
nowa_ said:
Lobinde said:

"I don't accept myself as a weeb, the post."

Nah, I'm pretty comfy right now. See you soon.
Apr 1, 2016 12:26 AM

Nov 2009
drahan said:
just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb

Preach, brother!
There's a lot of reasons to hate your home country. Especially the state - I'm reasonably okay with the people, and love the environment.

merryfistmas said:
Because they're annoying. They smell bad, use nyan, desu, and kawaii in sentences, and wear Naruto headbands and shit. Wearing anime accessories is fine, the first two are not.

You're being an intolerant xenophobe, nyaf!
Also, smell is a lie invented by hygiene product salespeople, it does not exist in reality. Nyaf.
Apr 1, 2016 2:11 AM

Oct 2014
What ive seen weeaboos are people that because of anime/manga

want to move to japan, think they are Japanese, want to learn Japanese, use words like kawaai to act like anime or jap people

All around cringe

I suppose there's nothing wrong with cosplay or nyan words etc but the whole
thinking your Japanese, japan is the best, in combination with those and other things is just so cringe.

I mean ive seen vids of jap people ripping on weeaboos
ZsychoticApr 1, 2016 2:15 AM
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Apr 1, 2016 3:42 AM

Feb 2016
Probably because they are annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2016 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
flannan said:
drahan said:
just because you hate the place you were vorn dosent mean your a weeb the reason why you didnt want to live there is what makes you a weeb

Preach, brother!
There's a lot of reasons to hate your home country. Especially the state - I'm reasonably okay with the people, and love the environment.

I absolutely despise the government of the United Kingdom, but I like it here in terms of environment and culture. That post is valid.
Apr 1, 2016 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
The word weaboo is used far too often. Most people who are called weaboo probably aren't. For example, I scored 6/101 in this "weaboo test", yet could still plausibly be called a weaboo for certain things I do (like preferring all fictional works in their original language). The test obviously isn't an exact science, but it's enough to make a point. Other than a fondness for some of their cartoons and vidya, I have little interest in Japan.

The few that actually are hardcore weaboos are fairly cringeworthy, and that's where the distaste for them comes from. I tend to leave them alone if they leave me alone, but people that go over the top with these things are always gonna attract hate and mockery.
Apr 1, 2016 6:41 AM

Nov 2009
Weaboo test? I love tests!
Got 24/101 on it, and it tries to convince me I hate weaboos.
Apr 1, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
The weaboos portrayed on the internet, I find those people creepy as hell.

I saw a person like that with a pikachu headwear. :3

Wouldn't be weird if he didn't wear that headwear all the time even in summer.
Ok if it's a gift at some sort but... :|
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
If you've ever stood next to one in line at a convention then you'll understand why there as hated as they are.
Apr 8, 2016 5:28 PM

Oct 2015
To be honest I don't think many people who scream "HUURRRR U R WEEABOO" at anybody with an anime avatar actually know why they dislike weeaboos, they just go with it because it's basically an online witch hunt at this point.

inb4 i get called a weeaboo
May 26, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2011
ChaoticTyrant64 said:
I personally have never really cared about weeaboo's and what they do with their lives, Its not even my problem. The only thing I have a problem with is when people misuse the term for the sake of triggering people.

Valaskjalf said:
weeaboos are a disgusting subhuman species who think Japan is the best country in the world. Instead, they should worship the country where Freedom and Jesus were born, aka AMERICA.

So instead of obsessing over one country they should obsess over another? Nice logic. Also no country is perfect, especially America, and this is coming from an American. Also I don't care if this comment was made over a year ago.

Wow a traitor! You might have forgotten this, but your grand father still remembers Pearl Harbor. Weeaboos are not only disgusting but traitorous bastards!
May 26, 2016 4:22 PM

Oct 2015
Most weeaboos are just young teenagers who will probably grow out of the phase eventually, they're not something like ISIS. Yes, I have actually seen people legitimately comparing weeaboos to ISIS members. I'm sure religious extremist warmongering rapists are a bigger threat to society than kids running around with naruto headbands lol.

But I guess when you're a sheltered teen like most people who make such comparisons, who thinks stuff like filthy frank videos are meant to actually be taken seriously in any way, anything can be a threat.
May 26, 2016 4:24 PM

Feb 2015
did anyone post the frank video yet?
May 26, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
TomDay said:

I don't think so, so I will do the honours:

Funnily enough, the definitions in the first minute of the video are actually pretty good, and it's clear that the majority of fans are incapable of listening to it.
May 26, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2015
Lobinde said:
TomDay said:

Funnily enough, the definitions in the first minute of the video are actually pretty good, and it's clear that the majority of fans are incapable of listening to it.

how could anyone not post this gold yet...-_-

and yes, most (if not all) of what frank impersonates are right. for how much comedy he is, he's actually on point with many things. like, have you seen the rapping one, LOL
May 26, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2015
ChaoticTyrant64 said:

So instead of obsessing over one country they should obsess over another? Nice logic. Also no country is perfect, especially America, and this is coming from an American. Also I don't care if this comment was made over a year ago.

ew, normie alert, you're american alright.
May 26, 2016 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
TomDay said:
Lobinde said:

how could anyone not post this gold yet...-_-

and yes, most (if not all) of what frank impersonates are right. for how much comedy he is, he's actually on point with many things. like, have you seen the rapping one, LOL

I thought his LE WRONG GENERATION video was his best rant-format one. That one was actually really accurate, but at the end of the day, Filthy Frank is just a joke personality, and an exaggeration of his actual attitudes and opinions.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

44 by RioAl »»
2 minutes ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

39 by billybub »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

94 by Timeline_man »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

41 by Adverrito »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

39 by weebtoge »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.