Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's really interesting how far Mayuko, Asako, and the others are getting involved in the dark story revolving with the history from this series imo. Ushio still trying to make a difference with Tora as usual, nice. Glad to see Asako regain some of her memories for Ushio.

Ushio always courageous as ever still. Good action and in general a pretty intense episode :D
Stark700Apr 8, 2016 7:45 AM
Apr 8, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
I believe that I didn't see Hanako in the previous episode. LOL This time it's that Asako "standing for" Mayuko, unlike before. Even Jie-Mei that said she herself a ghost is crying for that. Even when she fail to do it, it's the thought that count.

And finally get to see "another" Tora, I'm so curious about them.
MasceraApr 8, 2016 8:15 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2016 8:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For a second there I almost thought that Asako was really going to die

The emotions in this episode were really high and this whole memory loss thing is starting to not only hurt me more and more, but some of the characters that were closest to Ushio and Tora as well :(

Still, I'm glad that Asako is still alive even though she and Ushio got messed up pretty badly with those third degree burns and that Mayuko finally awakened (I hope that she doesn't end up dying doing her job either and that Ushio's mom is okay)

I'm very curious to find out more about this guy working for Hakumen that looks like Tora because it looks like he might be the guy that the one dude from S1 was hunting....It'd be cool if he and Tora were related too

That ending hurt my soul though.....Biker Aniki is probably going to try and kill them too TwT
TokoyaApr 8, 2016 8:17 AM
Apr 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2008
Damn it... I'm so pissed on Asako -.-
You don't want see your friend be sacrificed
so you will take her place and make her more suffer?
What the f...? O.o
Yeah, what a good friend! -.-
Apr 8, 2016 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Episode was really good, when they remember them again oh man the tears will be shed.
I usually hate anime that reuse the same thing over and over again...but Tora wanting to Eat Ushio and Ushio calling Tora "Stupid" etc. Just works so well! I never get tired of it.

Tokoya said:

I'm very curious to find out more about this guy working for Hakumen that looks like Tora because it looks like he might be the guy that the one dude from S1 was hunting....It'd be cool if he and Tora were related too

Damn, that's a really good point. After seeing him fighting in the opening he's going to be in this season, and that theory makes a lot of sense too.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 8, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2014
Is it just me, or did Guren sound suspiciously like Norio Wakamoto at some points? Because that'd be extremely awesome, all things considered. As a manga reader, I'm absolutely satisfied with this episode (though I miss the arc they skipped that actually showed Ushio bringing the Youkai of the East and West together), and that Nagare scene at the end still felt like a punch into the gut for me. Next episode can't come soon enough.
Apr 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
HitsuWTG said:
Is it just me, or did Guren sound suspiciously like Norio Wakamoto at some points?

I'm 95% sure Guren is Wakamoto.
Apr 8, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2015
No! I really didn't wanted it to end. There was so much going on.
The pacing was good and the art in this one was really fantastic.
Asako and Mayuko were great in their perspectives. Asako slowly remembering Ushio while on the verge of sacrifice was heart pleasing.
Damn all those allies for not remembering the duo, it's really frustrating to see them fight each other.
And now the biker guy returns for a duel, while they didn't showed us the fate of Tora lookalike, perhaps he may rise up as a mini boss.
Overall another great episode with lot of action (story wise and literally) from Ushio and Tora!
Apr 8, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2013
Glad that Ushio saved Mayuko and Asako, though Mayuko must part with Jie Mei to keep the Hakumen no Mono sealed. That evil Tora (Guren) looked cool. That must be the one who killed Hyou's family.

And at the end, did Nagare betray them?!

ArtemisFlow said:
HitsuWTG said:
Is it just me, or did Guren sound suspiciously like Norio Wakamoto at some points?

I'm 99% sure is motherfucking Wakamoto. It really sounds like him, especially in the moments when he screamed.
Apr 8, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
That Tora lookalike looks pretty damn cool, I'm not gonna lie. I hope he and Tora battle it out later.

It was pretty obvious that Asako wasn't going to die, but to be willing to sacrifice herself like that still takes a lot of guts. Looks like Nagare betrayed them? I wonder what that's all about.....

@HitsuWTG, @ArtemisFlow, @Illyricus It was him. I checked the kanji for his name on this site and compared it to the kanji I saw in the ED next to Guren's name and they matched.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
The emotions in this episode were really high!

Asako was almost nearly died!
Apr 8, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
Only getting better and better folks !!!
Apr 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
Really intense episode, loved seeing Ushio and Tora fight it out again. Tora great as usual. Would love to see him and that other Tora duke it out.

Apr 8, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was intense. Really got to me when the kamaitachi chick splashed that medicine liquid on Ushio and Tora. Can't wait for next episode!
Apr 8, 2016 1:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ArtemisFlow said:
HitsuWTG said:

I'm 99% sure is motherfucking Wakamoto. It really sounds like him, especially in the moments when he screamed.[/quote]

that level of ham can only be Wakamoto!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2013
So much emotions and tears and screaming :'(
Evil Tora is here and he looks evil a s fck :O
Apr 8, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2011
this was a really exciting episode,also fuck yes wakamoto

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 8, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2015
Whathehell Nagare ? why ? whyyy ?!

morikaruApr 8, 2016 1:29 PM
Apr 8, 2016 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
Things are moving whie story gets darker and more Awesome.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 8, 2016 2:41 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit, they got Wakamoto! Now we have Megumi Hayashibara and Norio Wakamoto as villians here. Can this cast be even better?
Apr 8, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
Ushio is a much stronger person than I. If I were in his shoes, I'd eliminate all them without mercy for their transgressions....except for Kagari, the only one who helped Asako and Ushio using her pot of medicine.

The Yokai were also pretty stupid. They got a sacrifice, but no metal for a new spear, or blacksmith with conviction to become it's shaft. It's like trying to prepare curry rice dinner with only a lit stove.
Estoy_GordoApr 8, 2016 3:18 PM
Apr 8, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2008
Illyricus said:
ArtemisFlow said:

I'm 99% sure is motherfucking Wakamoto. It really sounds like him, especially in the moments when he screamed.

100% sure. His name is in the episode credits
Apr 8, 2016 3:44 PM

Jan 2015
Setzer said:
Illyricus said:

Damn you can read Japanese nice, also pfft now going through all the trouble of explaining everything again.
Apr 8, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2008
Madara22 said:
Setzer said:

Damn you can read Japanese nice, also pfft now going through all the trouble of explaining everything again.

Not really, i can't read it. I just compared all the names in the episode credits with Wakamoto's name in kaji from his profile until I found it.
Apr 8, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Setzer said:
Madara22 said:

Not really, i can't read it. I just compared all the names in the episode credits with Wakamoto's name in kaji from his profile until I found it.

Damn that's a lot of work.. O.O
Apr 8, 2016 4:17 PM

Mar 2009
Damn this episode was amazing. Tora was in full tsundere mode.

Asako and Mayuko are precious. I wasn't expecting this episode to get so emotional.
Apr 8, 2016 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
LittleStar said:
Damn it... I'm so pissed on Asako -.-
You don't want see your friend be sacrificed
so you will take her place and make her more suffer?
What the f...? O.o
Yeah, what a good friend! -.-

That had me concern also. How selfish can you get?
Apr 8, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2011
What en episode. Wasting no time and delivering on all that it needs to. Also adding that Tora look a like giving some degree on mystery. Damn. And it's only gonna get better too.
Apr 8, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, this is fantastic. They're really jumping right into the nitty gritty dark tones of the series right off the bat with the second season. Loving it so far! Also we finally see Guren!
Apr 8, 2016 6:45 PM

Aug 2015
That was a great episode. Things are getting really interesting.
Apr 8, 2016 7:07 PM

Aug 2012
Intense, emotional, and engrossing yet again. I'm pretty sure every episode is just going to get better, much like the great second cour of the first season. Ushio and Concrete Revolutio on Fridays is just too much, man.
Apr 8, 2016 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
Intense and emotional, there's something about old school anime that while dated with how people act still has a strength of bonds that seem more powerful than movies, shows, and even anime made in this day and age.
Jaywalker.
Apr 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
WAKAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTO

GET HYPE FOR THE EMPEROR OF ANIME
Apr 8, 2016 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode again. I swear the art has improved a tad lot compared to last season.

I thought Asako was really going to die lol. Pretty emotional, just the way I like it.
Loved the part where Ushio was all hero mode & said he didn't do it just to be liked.
Kotarou_Apr 8, 2016 9:40 PM
Apr 9, 2016 5:36 AM

Jan 2012
5/5 i cried.

It was epic af

Apr 9, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
hayka said:
That had me concern also. How selfish can you get?

Oh, good!
I thought I'm the only one who feels like this about this scene...
Apr 9, 2016 6:21 AM

Jan 2011
So they changed that to be Guren's first appearance, forgot he actually showed up there. Comes off a little odd to me, but oh well. Looks like the Beast Horde will get their appearance next ep. Curious to see how it's changed to fit in when it was earlier in the manga. Well shouldn't be too much and I've got a good idea of what they're gonna do.
Apr 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
man that was an intense episode and seriously sacrificing yourself instead of your friend just so you wouldn' feel sad is stupid she would feel sad too that's just selfish
Apr 9, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
I was basically in tears the entire episode.

I love this series so much.
Apr 9, 2016 10:48 AM
Mar 2016
Geez,why did it took a season for Inoue to finally use her powers?
Apr 9, 2016 11:38 AM

Mar 2008
So many feels this episode. I fucking love this anime so much!
Apr 9, 2016 11:51 AM

Feb 2015
This keeps getting better and better. Even though there's a big focus on action, emotional stuff is worked in perfectly.
Apr 10, 2016 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
OMG the feels for Asako and Mayuko T__T
Apr 10, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
It was so predictable that Ushio will save her, I wonder why they made this scene so long. The second part was very good, the battle was nicely executed :)
Apr 10, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
They keep skipping important parts, this episode was terrible like the first one.

First of all they still keep forgetting about introducing the yokai from the west, the funniest stuffs come from ushio saying things like:
"i won't fight them back, they have just become our allies... (referred to the yokai of the west)" WUT? WHEN? MAYBE IN THE MANGA, IN THE ANIME WE DON'T EVEN KNOW THEIR NAMES.

First apparition of Guren has been ruined. When ushio was fleeing from the yokai and guren, he said:
"we have to return back, they (referred to guren) are really strong, we have to help the yokai"
HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW IT IF YOU NEVER MET GUREN IN THE ANIME.

And what the hell happens at the end of the episode? Ushio was fighting against guren and the others, then the scene moves on to Mayuko/Asako, then again ushio is there, talking like nothing happened. What the hell? What happened with the fight?

Of course people like this part of the anime (it's the best part of the manga after all) and they are all getting on the feels train, but it's full of plot-holes, I don't even know how can you enjoy it without reading the manga first.
"But Hey, since people cry a lot in this anime it should be a really good one!" (please, get real)
SbirzoApr 10, 2016 12:09 PM
Apr 10, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
I'm concerned of the skipping mainly cuz I haven't read the manga, but damn these episodes go by really fast this season. Pretty much like "What? The episodes already over? ;A;"

ooooooooh damn
Apr 10, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2015
good chapter. At last we know the secret of Mayuko. I was surprised by the sacrifice of Asako. I hope this improves, and want to see the history of Guren.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 11, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
WAKAMOTO!!!!!!!!! I needed him after Matsudaira and Gintama was done :D
Apr 13, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
why stab a bunch of blades through the mouth?
sure; you might be able to chop the food up into finer pieces, but you can't really do any side-motions of your jaw, nor can you use your tongue properly to speak...
.....i'd be laughing my ass off if the producers had thought of that and impaired the guy's voice =w=........
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 15, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
Very dramatic episode, lots of self sacrifice.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.