Forum Settings
Forums

Cygames Establishes Anime Production Subsidiary

New
Apr 5, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2009

Mobile game developer Cygames announced on Tuesday that it has established a subsidiary company which will focus on animation planning and production. The entity named CygamesPictures was incorporated today with a capital of 50 million yen and is headquartered in Mitaka, a Tokyo suburb.

Kouichi Watanabe, who currently serves as President of Cygames, has been named Representative Director of CygamesPictures. The new company will produce animation in-house with the aim of creating higher quality works. Cygames recently posted job openings for a production desk manager, production assistants, animation staff, photography staff, and illustration artists.

Cygames previously established an anime division within the main company in March 2015 following the conclusion of the TV anime Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, which is adapted from its mobile game. That division will be absorbed into the new entity.

Shingeki no Bahamut was also announced to receive two new anime adaptations, Manaria Friends and Virgin Soul. The former was scheduled to begin airing on Monday but has been delayed indefinitely. The latter was recently unveiled at AnimeJapan 2016.

Official site: https://cygamespictures.co.jp/

Source: Dengeki Online
mta_pnFeb 17, 2022 6:26 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Apr 5, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
Cool, I especially look forward to their work on season 2 for Bahamut (Virgin Soul). I hope it will be successful.
Apr 5, 2016 7:10 AM

Oct 2010
Virgin Soul will be a determine factor if they will do good eh. Looking forward to the enjoyable ride this animation company will provide.
Apr 5, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
High hopes for them. I wonder if they'll make anime adaptations of their other games
Apr 5, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2015
Thanks god it's In-House, we have a lot of A1 Pictures already.
Apr 5, 2016 7:16 AM

Sep 2013
I don't know..games and anime don't mix well..:/
Apr 5, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
o wow
those niggas got really lucky with bahamut
now they have their own fucking animation branch
Apr 5, 2016 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
Nice, I wish them all the best.
Apr 5, 2016 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
Interesting to see a new studio. I wonder if they will go with the boring and uncreative flow or try to actually add something to the industry,
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 5, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Granblue Fantasy anime inc.
Apr 5, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
Why is everyone talking like they'll be the main studio for Virgin Soul? I thought it's still MAPPA though they could be helping with that as sub studio.

Now I'm pretty sure they'll be the ones working on Manaria Friends instead of Studio Hibari which explained the reason for its delay.

Apr 5, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Apr 5, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
Jinbou said:
Uma Musume anime, when? I really need that in my life.

PLEASE, Need! Excited for this announcement, it gives Uma Musume hope.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Apr 5, 2016 8:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Cool but... if it'll lead to an abundance of video game adaptations then I'm not so hyped
Apr 5, 2016 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
mlcdl said:
Virgin Soul will be a determine factor if they will do good eh. Looking forward to the enjoyable ride this animation company will provide.

Virgin Soul was still mostly made by MAPPA. We need to wait for their first complete solo project to see how good they are.
Apr 5, 2016 8:48 AM

Feb 2012
They nice with it, SnB could turn into a nice franchise.

Looking forward to more of their games getting anime.
Apr 5, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
Antanaru said:
Interesting to see a new studio. I wonder if they will go with the boring and uncreative flow or try to actually add something to the industry,
There is nothing to add. Even if they go creative it will be a variation of something that was already told.

Entertainment in the 21st century has already been said and done. Its all a matter of what you like at this point.
Apr 5, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
So is this goodbye MAPPA?
Damn, MAPPA was just used.
Well, maybe this is a good news? Not even close!
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 5, 2016 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
Rayzer said:
Why would this be a goodbye to MAPPA?
Apr 5, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Raina- said:
Rayzer said:

I mean MAPPA won't get involved much with Shingeki no Bahanut, like before.
Because they are already having their own animation studio.
And this is basically why Manaria Friends got delayed indefinitely.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 5, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Huu... A new anime-studio-star will soon born..?

This could be interesting, well let's see, how this process still developing will...^_^
Apr 5, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2009
The trend of mobile games getting anime has become increasingly apparent over the past 2 years or so. Now, if only all were like the first Bahamut...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 5, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
malki said:
I don't know..games and anime don't mix well..:/

Well it's mobile games, so they don't really have much of story. So it will up to the staff to make something like Bahumt.

Games in general don't mix well with adaptations.
Apr 5, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
What do we want?
UMA MUSUME!
When do we want it?
Yes, right now.
Apr 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
Rayzer said:
Raina- said:

I mean MAPPA won't get involved much with Shingeki no Bahanut, like before.
Because they are already having their own animation studio.
And this is basically why Manaria Friends got delayed indefinitely.

We can't know exactly what is the motive behind Manaria Friends, it was probably a conflict in the production team, that can be the director, the president of Hibari, Cygames, anyone..
I doubt it was anything to do with they having a animation studio, because they need time to start produce anime, it's not like "Studio created, anime six months later".
Apr 5, 2016 1:36 PM
Apr 2016
i have been through this for quite some long and got some of them through a helpful channel http://www.pcappguide.com , wish to see more from the auther as been doing some really nice work.
Apr 5, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
i guess the anime Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis boost the sales of their games good since the disc sales are just above the manabi line of that one

now they are making more anime to boost more the sales of their games
Apr 5, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
Zeta said:
j0x said:
i guess the anime Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis boost the sales of their games good since the disc sales are just above the manabi line of that one

now they are making more anime to boost more the sales of their games

Most of their games are free and use the gatcha system, and popular gatcha games can easily make up to a million on a single day. It's more about selling merch now, including BDs. And SnB and Granblue Fantasy are very popular to begin with.

i see, well the disc average sales of Genesis is just average
i guess they are going to boost the merchandise sales then, or even promote more their free games through making more anime to get it more popular
degApr 5, 2016 2:31 PM
Apr 5, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2007
moodie said:
There is nothing to add. Even if they go creative it will be a variation of something that was already told.

Entertainment in the 21st century has already been said and done. Its all a matter of what you like at this point.

Before complaining about Anime in the 21st century, I suggest going back and watching a ton of shit that you missed. There's a lot of originality and creativity that you apparently missed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2014
Ketuekigami said:
moodie said:

Before complaining about Anime in the 21st century, I suggest going back and watching a ton of shit that you missed. There's a lot of originality and creativity that you apparently missed.
no one is complaining honey. Also my statement applies for all works of art not just anime.
Apr 6, 2016 1:31 AM

Aug 2008
moodie said:
Antanaru said:

It's not. It's not a matter of doing something ground-breaking time after time but how you present old tropes. There's a huge difference between doing something already done in an interesting way by actually putting some effort into it and just doing the same shit over and over again...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 7, 2016 9:33 PM
Mar 2012
Nikoru-san said:
Jinbou said:
Uma Musume anime, when? I really need that in my life.

PLEASE, Need! Excited for this announcement, it gives Uma Musume hope.

Wonderful PV (by PA Works). Ice skating horses will save anime.

So instead of a committee compromising creativity/profit distribution, nice choice having the game maker also do the ad (anime). Less concern about low BD sales, and they can easily bundle games/BD/merch together. Maybe they could've just merged with MAPPA tho.

Will they also make future Idolm@ster shows?
Apr 15, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
Cygames think too much of their game, which only gave the character designes.
Wasn't Bahamut's success because of the scriptwriter, the executive director and the animation team of studio Mappa? Only because it was success it doesn't mean the new studio will make profit because the original anime is from Mappa, right? These people sure are foxes! Now they are concurents of mappa and all other anime studios. The questiom is can the anime world handle one more studio. Anime isn't selling very well right now. We all know what happened to Manglobe, right!

Jun 12, 2016 5:48 PM
Jun 2016
Antanaru said:
moodie said:

It's not. It's not a matter of doing something ground-breaking time after time but how you present old tropes. There's a huge difference between doing something already done in an interesting way by actually putting some effort into it and just doing the same shit over and over again...

thank for sharing awesome blog

<a href="http://oceansgame.com/" rel="dofollow">Ocean of games</a>
<a href="http://desirulezmovies.com" rel="dofollow">Desirulez</a>
<a href="http://latesttutorials.com/" rel="dofollow">latest tutorials</a>
Jun 21, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
it look like they also estabilishing manga subsidiary too... o_O

https://cycomi.com/

look like digital manga... anyone know the title they already publish? site got blocked in my country... can't acces it or broken or time limit...

@ichii_1 @Jinbou @Nikoru-san @Mogami-kun
look like uma musume manga will come first and i think it's guaranted if above is true...

just checking using vpn, already has 3 chapter currently..

why this news not on mal?
KumaJun 21, 2016 2:32 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 21, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
Kuma said:

why this news not on mal?

The anime subsidiary news must have overshadowed it.
The uma musume manga is a spin off, it focuses on one girl and it has male mc.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.