Forum Settings
Forums

Apparently, the most dropped anime is......

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 4, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:
Most of the bleach droppers are just haters.
If they dropped it how come they still know everything that happened? explain that.
Spoilers? Having someone they know tell them all about it? The wikipedia? There are plenty of ways to figure out what happened without completing it...also dropping Bleach =/= haters.
Apr 4, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2011
ichii_1 said:
If they dropped it how come they still know everything that happened? explain that.

People giving spoilers free or fans talking about the events of the manga like if those are common knowledge
Apr 4, 2016 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
You drop it then go look up and ask for everything that happened in minute detail? okay.
Apr 4, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:
You drop it then go look up and ask for everything that happened in minute detail? okay.

No one implied. All they said is that spoilers are a thing and people would already get the gist from discussions between fans.
Apr 4, 2016 9:35 AM

Nov 2009
ichii_1 said:

Yes. I did not have patience to finish the Soul Society arc, so I dropped it and heard all the spoilers later. Which were "yes, he did save the girl". As if I need to be told that.
Apr 4, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2015
List isnt surprising annoying cry baby shonens a plenty.
Apr 4, 2016 11:08 AM
Mar 2016
Milennin said:
tragedydesu said:
People Drop death note?
Ok I'm out .....

I dropped it twice, lol. Not my kind of anime.

fairy tail sure is interest but dropped many becuase they dnt like to watch long episode :v or maybe only watched episode 1 then it was not good
Apr 4, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2016
ichii_1 said:

I dropped Bleach after 8 episodes and I have no interest in knowing what happens inside that show...

So, I really can't call myself a *hater*
Apr 4, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2015
If there is a shorter series, it makes sense that it wouldn't be dropped as often. It's less of a time commitment and it's almost as much fun to watch to make fun of it as it is to watch it seriously.

With the longer series, it takes up so much time that many may not want to make that commitment.
Apr 4, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2009
Kerozinn said:
x3mslayer said:
My prevailing thought is: Who the hell would drop Boku Dake ga Inai Machi? xD

blows my mind to see ppl dropped this. one of the very few gems of last season.

i dropped no game no life and steins;gate initially but i came to my senses in the end..so that happens:D

It's not even long anime, 12 episodes. Weird lol :)
Apr 4, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
I believe it, I dropped Bleach after 320 episodes because the plot was going absolutely nowhere anymore.

I actually confused a real arc with filler, the sudden drop in quality and ideas was that bad.
Apr 4, 2016 1:28 PM
Jan 2016
tragedydesu said:
People Drop death note?
Ok I'm out .....

Well... I'm one of the people who dropped Death Note. After
death it just wasn't interesting anymore. Also, Light was a rather boring MC. Aside from being a Magnificent Bastard, he didn't have anything going for him. I prefer to actually like my MCs, not despise them.
TyrelApr 4, 2016 3:02 PM
Apr 4, 2016 1:35 PM

May 2010
Guilion said:
I believe it, I dropped Bleach after 320 episodes because the plot was going absolutely nowhere anymore.

I actually confused a real arc with filler, the sudden drop in quality and ideas was that bad.

if they knew in the first place they werent adapting the whole manga they should have ended all this bullshit after the aizen thing and before the fullbring arc..and spare us all the neverending fillers and the show would have been atleast 150 episodes shorter! atleast thats my opinion.
Apr 4, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2013
Bleach ain't perfect and is full of fuck ups but c'mon, it ain't that bad. Though Aizen thing was really dragged the fuck out so i guess I kind of get it.

Complain about Fillers yet barely anyone mention Naruto fillers ever. That's got a shit ton too. 84 episodes of pure filler in one go. Bleach ain't done that.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 4, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2016
Really happy to see HxH with 150 episodes not being dropped almost at all and DBZ having almost 10 times less drops than Bleach and Naruto.

Seems to me not all the long shounens suck.
Apr 4, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2015
Kerozinn said:

if they knew in the first place they werent adapting the whole manga they should have ended all this bullshit after the aizen thing and before the fullbring arc..and spare us all the neverending fillers and the show would have been atleast 150 episodes shorter! atleast thats my opinion.

Yeah I agree, the show should've ended after Aizen.

And wow, you weren't that far off the mark. I just counted the non-filler episodes and the number was 201 or in other words 165 filler episodes!. The worst part is that I don't even remember what the fillers were about! I think I remember this one where the zanpakuto come to life and one of them was a fairy...(?) I don't know, as a teenager I was too dazzled by the pwetty colors to pay attention to the filler arcs.
Apr 4, 2016 3:19 PM
Mar 2012
blazehero said:
*See Hyouka on the list*

I am disappoint.

I mean, people who don't enjoy a completely character driven show or who were expecting something else probably dropped it.

Honestly I don't know what meaning you can really derive from this list? There are some really, really good shows on the most dropped and some pretty shit ones on the most not-dropped.

I guess it's more useful for an individual show basis so you can see where people dropped shows.

Othwise I think the only trend worth mentioning is that it's new, hyped and easy to watch shows which tend to be dropped the least. There's a lot of shows on that list that I would say you don't have to pay attention when you're watching to get the most out of it, not all of them but I would say it's a trend worth noting. Which again, doesn't surprise me at all.

I am not at all surprised, for example, that Monogatari and Hyouka - two shows I love, are among the most dropped shows not that I agree at all but I can see why, especially the mainstream, would drop them.

The only series which is honestly surprising to me on that list is UBW - since I really never heard anything good about it...
Apr 4, 2016 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
I like how a few of these in the least dropped percentage series nearly made it to top 100 in terms of quantity, lol.
Apr 4, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
None of the data really seems that shocking. Longer shows are more likely to have people stop watching along the way. The numbers are kind of interesting, but it doesn't imply anything about the quality of an anime or how people felt about it.
Apr 4, 2016 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. That's not surprising. Though I watched it back in my childhood days... but I never thought Bleach would be dropped this hard XD
Apr 4, 2016 9:12 PM
Jan 2016
I'm not surprised ^^:.

Bleach starts off really cool but evolves into a tedious lagging experience
with little to no character development.
Apr 4, 2016 9:28 PM

Jul 2013
Guilion said:

The plot did go somewhere. Soul Society arc was just a setup for the Arrancar saga. You were just confused because there were filler arcs in the middle of canon arcs although Fullbring arc was utter trash for a canon arc.
Apr 4, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2010
Guilion said:
Kerozinn said:

Yeah I agree, the show should've ended after Aizen.

And wow, you weren't that far off the mark. I just counted the non-filler episodes and the number was 201 or in other words 165 filler episodes!. The worst part is that I don't even remember what the fillers were about! I think I remember this one where the zanpakuto come to life and one of them was a fairy...(?) I don't know, as a teenager I was too dazzled by the pwetty colors to pay attention to the filler arcs.

Holy shit 165 filler episodes! I remember the Bount arc (it was actually 2) and that one arc with the new Captain of Gotei 13 which and a few others. The problem is in bleach the fillers arcs feel almost exactly the same as the canon arcs in quality ( some moment in the canon arcs are waaaay better animated but that is the exception and not the norm) ..so most of the times you couldnt really tell unless you read the manga or google it up.

I just know i wont ever read the bleach manga cause i dont care enough to read thorugh the whole anime shit again and i dont start reading mangas at anything but the beginning. another reason is i dont really want to read any more battle shounen.
Apr 4, 2016 10:45 PM

Feb 2015
I am seriously not surprised... especially with naruto Shippuden.... that anime is shit! (no offense fans, i loved the original Naruto)
Apr 4, 2016 11:11 PM
Sep 2014
Why does no one see the importance of the average episode for the drop?

For all the big 5. I say big 4(naruto i'm just gonna count as the same cuz fairytail and one piece had time jumps too but didn't change the name.)
Naruto, Bleach, Fairytail, and One Piece.
I'd actually include Gintama as a top one as well with over 300+ episodes. (kissanime and other anime sites consider the seasons one series)

And if you guys notice compared to the other long running anime with drop rates the average episode dropped... Naruto, Bleach, One Piece all dropped at well over a hundred. Meaning people who have spent almost two hundred episodes into a series find it not worth watching. But looking at Gintama's drop rate is very similiar HOWEVER the average episode dropped was within the first few dozen. Meaning past that (and the legendary series changing episode 60ish arc) almost NO ONE dropped it. Just wanted to point that out among the long running anime ;) Go Gintama :D
~~~YunYun Liu~~~
Apr 4, 2016 11:19 PM

Jan 2016
Filler are annyoing but Bleach is one of my favourites!! Love it
Apr 4, 2016 11:48 PM

Nov 2011
This is a bad comparison. One is looking at total drops and the other is looking at drop percentage. They should either both be total drops or both be percentage dropped.

I would prefer knowing the most dropped by percentage rather than the lowest total number of drops, myself.
Apr 5, 2016 12:48 AM

May 2015
KaoruMatsuoka said:
If there is a shorter series, it makes sense that it wouldn't be dropped as often. It's less of a time commitment and it's almost as much fun to watch to make fun of it as it is to watch it seriously.

With the longer series, it takes up so much time that many may not want to make that commitment.

What's more interesting is the ratio of droppers/still-watchers of One Piece. How many people still keep up with it, despite how it will never end?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 5, 2016 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
The ones that aren't dropped that often only have like what 10-12 episodes, are short that they don't require insane watching just to play catch up.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 5, 2016 1:27 AM

Jul 2010
From these lists I'm in shock. Natural and serious shock.Proud half of the titles doesn't deserve to be in the dropped list! I don't even know what it really is... whether the people are from another planet, or I did. How can you throw in this shameful list is legendary, a fascinating and atmospheric history? At the time, watching and enjoying the pacifier in large numbers? Definitely a shame. I'm sorry. For your favorite anime that are on this list for human stupidity. Seriously, the dumb and adebamowo stupidity and laziness to move on the first series.
And Yes, no dropped, on my part for sure.
May be some anime?
Apr 5, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
I have watched the first 5 seasons of bleach and I have got to say the reason I put it on hold was because the bount arc that was pure filler for the 4th and 5th season. Im questioning to drop but I am more than likely going to pick it up when I have nothing better to watch.
Apr 5, 2016 1:36 AM
Jul 2014
Series like One Piece, Bleach, Detective Conan, or anything with over 500 episodes. Aint nobody got time for that! Although Detective Conan is actually good, I just stopped caring.
Apr 5, 2016 1:46 AM

Mar 2016
GarLogan78 said:
None of the data really seems that shocking. Longer shows are more likely to have people stop watching along the way. The numbers are kind of interesting, but it doesn't imply anything about the quality of an anime or how people felt about it.

This is what happened with me when I watched Fairy Tail. I still consider myself a big Fairy Tail fan and I suppose I consider my watching more 'on hold' than 'dropped', but I got to about episode 130 (Key of the Starry Sky arc) and I just didn't enjoy it as much as I used to anymore. It started to feel as I've seen it all before: Every time Natsu, Ezra and the rest get defeated easily even though they are ridiculously powerful, then there is a big build-up to a battle that could have (and should have) been over in the first few episodes. It just felt too formulaic.

To put that in perspective, I never felt that way with Hunter X Hunter (2011). I couldn't wait to watch the next episode because it never felt predictable or boring. The characters always felt like they were progressing and developing with stronger and stronger opponents being introduced gradually, building the tension and making the story interesting.

Just my point of view, of course, but I just wanted to add to what you said: I don't like Fairy Tail any less than I did in the beginning and I didn't stop watching it because my feelings about it changed. I simply stopped watching it because despite all the new characters being introduced I started to feel like every arc was just a variation of a previous arc and I would rather spend that time exploring anime I haven't seen yet.
Apr 5, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2016
TripleSRank said:
This is a bad comparison. One is looking at total drops and the other is looking at drop percentage. They should either both be total drops or both be percentage dropped.

I would prefer knowing the most dropped by percentage rather than the lowest total number of drops, myself.

I shared it here at post #8. Not really interesting. That's why I didn't really share it... xD
Apr 5, 2016 2:16 AM

Jul 2013
Praland said:
ichii_1 said:

People giving spoilers free or fans talking about the events of the manga like if those are common knowledge

To be honest, if I was watching Bleach now, I would have dropped it but that was early in the days when I started anime so I watched it all. In honesty I dont like it but heard the manga is better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Aug 2015
What's the Drop rate?

3.77%

Just wanted to post, this because SAO is based on MMORPG, and drops?

Ok I'll let myself out
Apr 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
crashinho said:
Surprised that shitonogatari isn't first

Yup. Have to agree. But Shinobu loli is so hawt tho, so its not the worst.
The worst is Asterisk for me :p
Apr 5, 2016 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
Guilion said:

The plot did go somewhere. Soul Society arc was just a setup for the Arrancar saga. You were just confused because there were filler arcs in the middle of canon arcs although Fullbring arc was utter trash for a canon arc.

Now I'm even more confused. Didn't the Arrancar saga finish after you know...

I remember that happened before episode 320 and everything else feels like fluff and filler after that point, I can't see how the plot would end going somewhere without having the show do a 180 and somehow pretend that never happened or pull something out of its ass to reverse what happened. Which is a waste of time imo.
Apr 5, 2016 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
Good Riddance mate, fair and square :>
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 5, 2016 8:26 PM

Feb 2016
No matter how much I love Death Note, I can see why people dropped it. I would've dropped it too if I wasn't so invested in seeing Ryuk finally get bored of Light. I am probably going to be in that list that drops Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi because I'm getting real tired of this shit... Someone give me encouraging words so that I can finish this anime without stabbing my eyes out...
Apr 5, 2016 9:41 PM

Apr 2013
Guilion said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

I remember that happened before episode 320 and everything else feels like fluff and filler after that point, I can't see how the plot would end going somewhere without having the show do a 180 and somehow pretend that never happened or pull something out of its ass to reverse what happened. Which is a waste of time imo.

well after Aizen its a filler arc, then after that we had fullbring which was pretty bad.
however its main purpose was for Ichigo to get his powers back. It could of been done better but at least it was a short arc. then they do the final arc...which is actually pretty awesome in my opinion. I know there are alot of people that will disagree with me, but meh hating bleach is uber popular right now.

Tenshi_Shura said:
HakuryuNoKou said:
And as for Bleach being no. 1, I'm not surprised. I mean, the show pans off onto side-characters, (some) that you don't really care about, and spends more time on those fights than it does the main protagonist, most of the time. I mean, come on! The Fake Kararkura Town arc was a good example of that--for God sakes, Omaeda got more screen-time, than Ichigo, during it! And the fact that it ends right before the final arc, is a huge "FUCK YOU" to everyone watching.

Kubo has always been generous in giving his side characters screen time even though he clearly has favoritism among them *cough* Hitsuga *cough*.

The real question is why did Kubo even bother creating a character like Omaeda? He could've guessed that no one would care about him.
Actually I kinda like Omaeda.. at least he is good for comedic purposes...where as his captain soi fon is the worst bleach character EVER! Basically she is just a Yourichi fan girl with a stick up her ass.
Apr 5, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
BlackHoleXX said:
No matter how much I love Death Note, I can see why people dropped it. I would've dropped it too if I wasn't so invested in seeing Ryuk finally get bored of Light. I am probably going to be in that list that drops Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi because I'm getting real tired of this shit... Someone give me encouraging words so that I can finish this anime without stabbing my eyes out...
It made it to the top 5 at some point! And uhh...well...yeah I can see why someone would drop it.
Apr 6, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2015
Basically overly-hyped anime tends to be dropped
Apr 6, 2016 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
Guilion said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

That Arrancar saga did finish after that. What comes after is a filler arc and afterwards Fullbring arc, which is canon, where Kubo makes a lame excuse to give Ichigo his powers back. I'm not against the idea of Ichigo regaining his abilities but the way it was executed was just horrible or to be more specific, the later parts of the arc was pure trash. I honestly liked the start of the arc and the big reveal but the ending just plain sucked.

astrozombie84 said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Kubo has always been generous in giving his side characters screen time even though he clearly has favoritism among them *cough* Hitsuga *cough*.

The real question is why did Kubo even bother creating a character like Omaeda? He could've guessed that no one would care about him.
Actually I kinda like Omaeda.. at least he is good for comedic purposes...where as his captain soi fon is the worst bleach character EVER! Basically she is just a Yourichi fan girl with a stick up her ass.

Well I don't find his antics funny in the least. Even his fight with that Mammoth Arrancar wasn't hilarious even though it was intended to be funny.

She was always a Yoruichi fan girl ever since her training days. Soi Fon's development was already resolved during Soul Society arc. What comes after is just her being happy to be reunited with her mentor.
May 14, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2016
Have not watched it and do not care at all.
May 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
tragedydesu said:
People Drop death note?
Ok I'm out .....

Everyone spoils it, I dropped it too.
May 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
low dropped is filled with trash... like fate stay, erased, toradora...
May 14, 2019 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Long series are more likely to be dropped, no wonder, but I'm so happy almost no one would drop Noragami, FMAB, NGE, Natsume or Madoka.
May 14, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2019
both my brothers got to bount arc and dropped it
May 14, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
I wish I had dropped God Eater. Jupiter's cock some petaQ requires more characters for this comment
“The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.”

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

10 by LoveLikeBlood »»
13 seconds ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

10 by KousakaK »»
1 minute ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - 33 minutes ago

12 by rohan121 »»
5 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 7 hours ago

21 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9040 by anime-prime »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.