Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Scared Rider Xechs' Announced for Summer 2016

New
Apr 3, 2016 7:34 AM

Mar 2013
Game and animation content planning company Red Entertainment announced on Sunday that its Scared Rider Xechs otome game will be adapted into a TV anime in Summer 2016. The announcement was made at the game's New Days 2016 Haru no Submission event.

Scared Rider Xechs, which was developed by Rejet, is billed as a "love adventure game" and was released for the PlayStation 2 console in 2010. A sequel titled Stardust Lovers was also released in 2011. The game was ported for the PlayStation Portable in 2012 and for the PlayStation Vita in 2015.

Synopsis
The Blue World, which symbolizes reason, is under constant attack by the creatures called the Nightfly O'Note originating from the Red World, symbolizing instinct. Akira Asagi, the 17-year-old protagonist who is a researcher at Blue World, is nominated to lead the war at Ryuukyuu LAG, a proud defense facility on the islands of Ishigaki and Iriomote. She meets the sixth combat unit "IS," which was formed four years after a fierce battle that annihilated the fifth unit. Akira must lead these six riders, also called the Scared Rider Xechs, to fight against the other world while at the same time deepening the relationship among them.

Staff
Director: Hideto Komori (Hayate no Gotoku! Heaven is a Place on Earth)
Series Composition: Naruki Nagakawa (Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows)
Original Character Design: pako (UN-GO)
Character Design: Koji Haneda (Sengoku☆Paradise Kiwami)
Studio: Satelight

Cast
Akira Asagi: TBA
Yousuke Christoph Komae: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Kyoukai no Kanata)
Takuto Kirisawa: Mamoru Miyano (Ajin)
Yuuji Tsuga: Takashi Kondou (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi)
Hiro Kurama: Hiro Shimono (Uta no☆Prince-sama♪)
Kazuki Suzuki: Hiroki Takahashi (Ikoku Meiro no Croisée)
Hijiri Mutsuki: KENN (Uchuu Kyoudai)
Fernandes: Eiji Takemoto (Prince of Tennis)
Lespaul: Daisuke Namikawa (Black Lagoon)
Deviser: Rikiya Koyama (Fate/Zero)
Duesenberg: Naozumi Takahashi (Digimon Adventure 02)
Rickenbacker: Nobuhiko Okamoto (Akagami no Shirayuki-hime)
Epiphone: Yuuki Fujiwara (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)

PV

Official site: http://www.scared-rider-xechs.jp/pr/

Source: Official Twitter, Nijipoi

Scared Rider Xechs on MAL
tsubasaloverMay 10, 2016 4:30 AM
Apr 3, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2008
Finally there's an anime adaption! And even in summer (early!) like the setting.
I always thought this would work well when adapted to anime, (Yousuke's boke character, Suzuki's acting and Kazuki seem to bring out the sort of humour liked among otaku as well). I can imagine this will be refreshing with all the idol anime being broadcasted during the same time frame. And now there will even be two anime based on works with pako's character design~
SRX' producer (I think) said something like this year will be important for the series, so I kept hoping she meant this (because of the transformation scenes in the game, I guess many people thought it would be animated one day regardless of that statement, though). And I guess this means Noesis will finally be starting, too~
Apr 3, 2016 7:39 AM

Apr 2013
So is it a reverse harem then? Well otome game so I guss yes~
Nice male cast btw.
Apr 3, 2016 7:50 AM
Aug 2013
I think the female protagonist name is inconsistent.

>AKIRA Asagi, the 17-year-old protagonist who is a researcher at Blue World,
>AKARI must lead these six riders, also called the Scared Rider Xechs,

Cast
>AKIRA Asagi: TBA

BTW, I think I will pass this one. Not into reverse harem.
Apr 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2015
Sounds interesting..

Oh.. Satelight, i'm off
Apr 3, 2016 7:56 AM

Sep 2013
Otome..?
Prince of Stride Sucked ass this season..so no thanks...
Apr 3, 2016 8:04 AM

Jun 2013
Reverse harem? Then I'm out.
Apr 3, 2016 8:05 AM
May 2010
Awww yes one of Rejet's better title, might be cuz RED handled it.
I haven't played the game yet but from a few review it seems really fun even if not much make sense.

Since they picked SRX for an adaption which might be cuz it got a vita port recently, there is still hope for Ken ga Kimi or Beyond the future.
Moshikami is way too brutal for an anime adaption but then again we got Dialover.... -_-
ArtemisMeikoApr 3, 2016 8:11 AM
Apr 3, 2016 8:20 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Partial staff has also been announced.

Staff
Director: Hideto Komori (Hayate no Gotoku! Heaven is a Place on Earth)
Series Composition: Naruki Nagakawa (Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows)
Original Character Design: pako (Rental Magica)
Character Design: Koji Haneda (Sengoku☆Paradise Kiwami)

Source: Yusaani

Apr 3, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
For some reason, I got the Norn9 feels from this. Funny title for a show.
Apr 3, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
azure_dragon said:
I think the female protagonist name is inconsistent.

>AKIRA Asagi, the 17-year-old protagonist who is a researcher at Blue World,
>AKARI must lead these six riders, also called the Scared Rider Xechs,

Cast
>AKIRA Asagi: TBA
I've fixed it, thanks.
Vindstot said:
Partial staff has also been announced.
Thanks, I've added the list.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2016 8:36 AM

Feb 2012
Inb4 Kana Hanazawa is the main girl.
Apr 3, 2016 8:45 AM
Mar 2014
Is it pronounced "sex" or "excess"?
Apr 3, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2009
Max said:
Is it pronounced "sex" or "excess"?

Ska-red Rider Zex. "Scared" does not refer to fear, but a red scar.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Apr 3, 2016 9:01 AM

May 2012
At least it has a female character wearing mini skirt
Apr 3, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2015
Doesn't look too bad, I really liked Prince of Stride and the female protagonist in that wasn't annoying or anything. I'm hoping this will be something like Prince of Stride or Starmyu, rather than Norn9
Apr 3, 2016 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Seems quite nice I suppose.
I'll check it out XD
Apr 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
i really like the cast for this, so i'll probably give it a try!!
Apr 3, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Character designs and the art look awesome but... other than that everything is just screaming 'no!' at me.

Guess I'll wait for the PV.
"Hi!"
Apr 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
arsonal said:
"Scared" does not refer to fear, but a red scar.
Doesnt that word written as "scarred" ?_?

RIP english or RIP engrish ?_?
Apr 3, 2016 11:01 AM
Mar 2010
This isn't an Otomate anime, that itself makes it better. Norn9....Otomate, whyyyy. ;_;

I'm looking forward to this.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
the character designs look so nice!o:
Apr 3, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
I'll go ahead and skip this one.
Apr 3, 2016 12:07 PM
May 2007
I died omg I can't believe I'm still alive. I'm crying.
I wanted SRX anime for so many years. Kazuki ♥
Anime visual looking too good already.
Apr 3, 2016 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Shadow-Chan said:

I cannot wait to hear him say "Tea~cher!" ヽ(≧∇≦)ノ So many scenes to look forward to.

Lennevalkyrie said:
I haven't played the game yet but from a few review it seems really fun even if not much make sense.

Since they picked SRX for an adaption which might be cuz it got a vita port recently, there is still hope for Ken ga Kimi or Beyond the future.
Moshikami is way too brutal for an anime adaption but then again we got Dialover.... -_-

Both RED and Rejet worked on it, but the whole project started as a collaboration between RED, Rejet, story riders and some freelancers who probably all worked on the content in some way (I think story riders was in charge of the scenario), while it's being sold by RED, so it'd usually be considered a RED game.

The two other games you mentioned are not related to RED (ken ga kimi is both being developed and sold by Rejet so what they do with it is entirely up to them while BTF was being developed by Rejet & 5pb. and sold by 5pb.), so what happens with these games cannot be said by observing an unrelated company's decisions. The announcement for SRX' anime was made at an event held by RED and not by Rejet, after all...

The last two works may be similar rating- (and thus content-) wise, but the potentials for anime adaptions of them are different if we only compare how they sold: dialover sold 20.000 copies before it got an anime adaption while moshiKami sold 3.000. As far as I know, there are barely any otoge that sold less than 10.000 copies and were adapted to anime (much less if we're talking about TV anime), unless it had been decided before the game went on sale, of course. (However, if they were to decide to adapt it to anime in the form of an OVA, it would be easier content- and sales-wise, but I doubt that they'd do that considering it doesn't appear to be profitable)
Apr 3, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
so how do you pronounce it

sex?
zex?
ksecks?
sehhs?
zehhs?
ksehhs?

shit
Apr 4, 2016 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
OMG!!!!! We are getting many SHoujo / Reverse Harem Animes lately!!!!!

With Orange being the most exciting one!
Apr 4, 2016 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
We have enough fujobait right?
skip
Apr 4, 2016 5:22 AM
May 2010
Face_Faith said:
Shadow-Chan said:

I cannot wait to hear him say "Tea~cher!" ヽ(≧∇≦)ノ So many scenes to look forward to.

Lennevalkyrie said:

Both RED and Rejet worked on it, but the whole project started as a collaboration between RED, Rejet, story riders and some freelancers who probably all worked on the content in some way (I think story riders was in charge of the scenario), while it's being sold by RED, so it'd usually be considered a RED game.

The two other games you mentioned are not related to RED (ken ga kimi is both being developed and sold by Rejet so what they do with it is entirely up to them while BTF was being developed by Rejet & 5pb. and sold by 5pb.), so what happens with these games cannot be said by observing an unrelated company's decisions. The announcement for SRX' anime was made at an event held by RED and not by Rejet, after all...

The last two works may be similar rating- (and thus content-) wise, but the potentials for anime adaptions of them are different if we only compare how they sold: dialover sold 20.000 copies before it got an anime adaption while moshiKami sold 3.000. As far as I know, there are barely any otoge that sold less than 10.000 copies and were adapted to anime (much less if we're talking about TV anime), unless it had been decided before the game went on sale, of course. (However, if they were to decide to adapt it to anime in the form of an OVA, it would be easier content- and sales-wise, but I doubt that they'd do that considering it doesn't appear to be profitable)

Yeah I know most of that KgK is a game solely by rejet, BTF is with 5pb.
Apr 4, 2016 7:37 AM
Mar 2010
Face_Faith said:

Source please? It's not like I don't believe you but I didn't see that data anywhere.

tragedydesu said:
skip

My friend, there is never, NEVER enough 'fujobait. Also, this is an otome game, so it's not for fujoshi. Get your facts right next time. :)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 4, 2016 9:39 AM
May 2012
zetsu_shoren said:
so how do you pronounce it

sex?
zex?
ksecks?
sehhs?
zehhs?
ksehhs?

shit

sex
That cast, though :O
Apr 6, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
phoenixalia said:
Face_Faith said:

Source please? It's not like I don't believe you but I didn't see that data anywhere.

Sure, but shortly after my post, another site listed a higher number, so I'll link to that one instead (unless you want the other source despite that): link (moshikami is listed as #10)
But even with that number, it still hasn't even reached 5.000, and even that would only be half of the 10.000 I was talking about... And by the way, unless there's a TV anime adaption of the game being (re-)broadcasted, it's unlikely for otoge to sell a considerable amount of copies if the very first week after the release date has passed. So it's unlikely that the number will increase further from now on (if at all).
Apr 7, 2016 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
PV 1 Posted.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 7, 2016 5:35 PM

Jan 2016
woooooooooooo
pretty boys?
PRETTY BOYS?
now my time has come, let my inner fujoshi senses out!
new pretty boys
new yaoi ships
new yaoi harem for me!
man, 2016 is a grEAT YEAR!
my time has come
:^)
Apr 7, 2016 10:52 PM
Mar 2010
Face_Faith said:

Sure, but shortly after my post, another site listed a higher number, so I'll link to that one instead (unless you want the other source despite that): link (moshikami is listed as #10)
But even with that number, it still hasn't even reached 5.000, and even that would only be half of the 10.000 I was talking about... And by the way, unless there's a TV anime adaption of the game being (re-)broadcasted, it's unlikely for otoge to sell a considerable amount of copies if the very first week after the release date has passed. So it's unlikely that the number will increase further from now on (if at all).

Thanks for the link! So, correct me if I'm wrong, but that website posts rankings for game sales every month? I don't see Dance with Devils there but according to another site, it sold 5k copies. I'm sorry for so many questions.

Could you give me the link to the first website too?
Apr 8, 2016 9:44 AM

Jun 2008
...This exchange is not about SRX anymore ever since my last response (at the very least), so I hope one last reply will be enough.
I'm not familiar with that website because it's actually (although it probably doesn't come as a surprise with those visuals) about bishoujo and thus specifically gal games. moshikami and another otoge were only accidentally ending up there. Usually you wouldn't find the sales (or anything) of otoge or simply any games apart from gal games there. That's why it's also not surprising if you cannot find dandevi there.
The other source is not available anymore (online) because the data was only limitedly accessible.
Apr 18, 2016 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
phoenixalia said:
tragedydesu said:
skip

My friend, there is never, NEVER enough 'fujobait. Also, this is an otome game, so it's not for fujoshi. Get your facts right next time. :)

But fujoshi will definitely bait on this, lol.
Apr 18, 2016 7:32 AM
Mar 2010
yuliyana29 said:
phoenixalia said:

Ah, I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. This is aimed at female otaku but fujoshi could like it too since it has some hot guys. Depends on what their friendship is like.
Apr 18, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
phoenixalia said:
yuliyana29 said:

Ah, I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. This is aimed at female otaku but fujoshi could like it too since it has some hot guys. Depends on what their friendship is like.

>it's not for fujoshi
>fujoshi could like it too
You kinda contradict yourself, still, you have just confirmed my argument.
Apr 18, 2016 9:47 PM
Mar 2010
yuliyana29 said:
phoenixalia said:

>it's not for fujoshi

It's not AIMED at fujoshi. That's what I said in my second reply. The title in question is an otome anime. Will it be like UtaPri which has some fujoshi pandering or like the Hakuouki anime (or Diabolik Lovers, Dance with Devils etc.)which has no fujoshi pandering? That makes the difference.
Apr 21, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
phoenixalia said:
yuliyana29 said:

>it's not for fujoshi

It's not AIMED at fujoshi. That's what I said in my second reply. The title in question is an otome anime. Will it be like UtaPri which has some fujoshi pandering or like the Hakuouki anime (or Diabolik Lovers, Dance with Devils etc.)which has no fujoshi pandering? That makes the difference.

Female otaku audience consists of non-fujoshi and fujoshi. So it makes it an indirect bait towards fujoshi.
removed-userApr 21, 2016 1:41 PM
Apr 21, 2016 11:14 PM
Mar 2010
yuliyana29 said:
phoenixalia said:

Female otaku audience consists of non-fujoshi and fujoshi. So it makes it an indirect bait towards fujoshi.

If you say so. Fujoshi are a kind of female otaku, yes.
Apr 30, 2016 2:01 PM
May 2007
Yousuke Christoph Komae: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Takt Kirisawa: Mamoru Miyano
Yuuji Tsuga: Takashi Kondou
Hiro Kurama: Hiro Shimono
Kazuki Suzuki: Hiroki Takahashi
Hijiri Mutsuki: KENN

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

20 by Icebreaker93 »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.