Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:

Sure its introduction of the Anime and characters. But as i see, its seems very generic, including the poster and trailer. I already saw that in OPM, Ueki no Housoku, Samurai Flamenco, countless Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series, etc.
But all of those at least include at least something new, Academia doesnt seem to want to do that. BUT, sure was this just the first episode and maybe i am wrong on my judgment (i hope so). Lets watch how it goes.

I don't know if it will fulfill your wishes since I haven't read the manga but give the show time to breathe.

If you think about it we've seen literally only 1/13 of the entire show.

Besides nowadays nearly everything has been done once somewhere so being extremely unique without having a generic aspect in any kind of way and right from the start is almost impossible. That's why shows need time build up on this generic foundation to craft something unique out of it :).
Apr 3, 2016 4:47 AM
Mar 2008
Fappa said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Sure its introduction of the Anime and characters. But as i see, its seems very generic, including the poster and trailer. I already saw that in OPM, Ueki no Housoku, Samurai Flamenco, countless Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series, etc.
But all of those at least include at least something new, Academia doesnt seem to want to do that. BUT, sure was this just the first episode and maybe i am wrong on my judgment (i hope so). Lets watch how it goes.

I don't know if it will fulfill your wishes since I haven't read the manga but give the show time to breathe.

Besides nowadays nearly everything has been done once somewhere so being extremely unique without having a generic aspect in any kind of way and right from the start is almost impossible. That's why shows need time build up on this generic foundation to craft something unique out of it :).

Thats basically what i wrote in the end. Sure, this superhero thing has been done to death and, yes, its hard to do something new. What i mean by that is a new aspect/point under the generic aspect. If Academia does that, then i will give it credit and maybe even praise it. Sure, this was the first episode, i am only stating my first thoughts and impressions ;)
Apr 3, 2016 4:47 AM
Mar 2015
Fappa said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

And 0.75/85 of the manga so far :)
Apr 3, 2016 4:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
that was so meh

then again I guess you can't expect too much from the very first episode of a battle shounen
Apr 3, 2016 4:55 AM

Sep 2014
TheMaster100 said:
Unfortunately I was not very impressed with this first episode.

As a manga reader I understand what you mean. All those sound effects were a turn off honestly. They felt overused
Apr 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the generic "hero ni nareru" theme in anime orz

All Might's seiyuu did his character justice.

Deku's seiyuu voices Deku similarly to how Ayu-chan voices Hinata. It kind of disturbed me because I kept thinking about Hinata instead qwq And they're making Kacchan, a middle schooler, sound like he already reached puberty with that loud and rough voice of Nobu's. I don't mind it because I'm Nobu biased xD I guess the voice director had something else in mind~

Just really generic so far.. the first episode didn't really make much of an impact. However, since most say the adaptation has been fine (and not even one whole chapter was adapted), then I guess it'll be alright ouo I look forward to the next episode~
Apr 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
doesn't look so great to me, but it was good, the OST is great, liking the main character so far, i'm not feeling the story yet.
Hoping for a good anime.
Apr 3, 2016 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
Battle shounens are probably among my least favorite anime but this was alright. There was a lot to like about it but not entirely sold yet.

7/10
Apr 3, 2016 5:13 AM

May 2015
Except for MC's voice it is a good adaptation for now.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2016 5:16 AM

Apr 2015
BECAUSE I AM HERE!
In this series, there's nothing more American than
All Might. I mean list all of his moves and you know
what I mean.

Great start for Toho, I thought they are going to
adapt the whole 52 page chapter in one go but
too bad.

I'm expecting more starting next week
especially how cool Izuku will be

Mod Note: Screenshots removed. Posts must not contain more than one screenshot as per the anime discussion rules.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:39 AM
Apr 3, 2016 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
Anyway nice 1st ep, Bones is taking this slow. Waiting for best girl ochako yet. :3

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted sentence.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:41 AM
Apr 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2015
childish anime it seems. overacting and strange humor combined with a whiny mc and horrible art style.

50% dropped

Apr 3, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2015
Both the OP and ED were good. Gotta see what the MC has in store for us! The animation were top-notch and easy on the eyes.
The action was fair/good, will improve definitely. All Might's animation was just too AWESOME!!!
Apr 3, 2016 5:31 AM

May 2015
Characters were all likeable, the humour was more hit then miss for the most part, the OST is good, and the art-style is really nice.

I'm liking it so far, 4/5.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Apr 3, 2016 5:33 AM
Mar 2015
ColdBreeze said:
First episode was fine. Looking forward for more.

Some people compare this to HxH, but why?

I think that both series have the same kind of feeling to it.
Apr 3, 2016 5:34 AM

Jun 2013
Nice first episode. Why are people already saying shit when this is just the first episode? I actually forgot how much of a dick Bakugou is.
Apr 3, 2016 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
ColdBreeze said:
First episode was fine. Looking forward for more.

Some people compare this to HxH, but why?

there are some clever strategies involved like hxh, you will see later. Also, the both the mc personalities are kinda same.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:43 AM
Apr 3, 2016 5:42 AM

Jun 2015
dicecop said:
All those sound effects were a turn off honestly. They felt overused

I agree, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

This first episode felt a little slow, but was still solid nonetheless. Hopefully they maintain a good pace throughout. I've been excited for this since they announced it, and I've been hoping Bones doesn't mess it up, but so far, so good.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Apr 3, 2016 5:48 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty standard shounen but it was fun
Apr 3, 2016 5:59 AM
Apr 2014
Probably gonna have the best animation of the season, Bones don't get enough credit for what they do.
WARNING: Do not believe the hype, this series is just another average shonen with generic characters and story but with some pretty good strategic battles and a very special artstyle, if you come expecting anything better you're gonna be very disappointed.
Apr 3, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
Only thing that bothered me was amount of humor. I don't remember first chapters being this funny.

Other than that everything was perfect :)

Story hasn't even begun guys. ;)
Apr 3, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Hm... seems generic. I hate MCs like Deku who remind me of Tsuna (eeeek). I hope he gets a good development early on the series, or it's gonna get boring.
The comedy and some sfx were kinda off too. like wth O.o

Still, love the art ♥
Thug_GouApr 3, 2016 6:07 AM

Apr 3, 2016 6:05 AM

Jul 2013
Nice first episode. I like the art style. It's a bit childlish, but it fits the story. The animation was cool and the characters so far are likeable, especially the MC.

Looking forward for more.
Apr 3, 2016 6:08 AM

Oct 2009
Drake1000 said:
Probably gonna have the best animation of the season, Bones don't get enough credit for what they do.
WARNING: Do not believe the hype, this series is just another average shonen with generic characters and story but with some pretty good strategic battles and a very special artstyle, if you come expecting anything better you're gonna be very disappointed.

I better lower my expectations to the ground then. -__-

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted sentence.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 3, 2016 6:08 AM
Mar 2015
Thug_Gou said:
Hm... seems generic. I hate MCs like Deku who remind me of Tsuna (eeeek). I hope he gets a good development early on the series, or it's gonna get boring.
The comedy and some sfx were kinda off too. like wth O.o

Still, love the art ♥

Don't worry he becomes an absolute madman.
Apr 3, 2016 6:09 AM

May 2010
Ok episode. abit too overly dramatic and emotional. a shame its 13 episodes only..
Apr 3, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like another generic run of the mill shounen, same thing we've seen a hundred times before. It's gonna have to do something special to differentiate itself from the crowd.
Apr 3, 2016 6:20 AM

Aug 2014
[quote=Haqase message=45447002]
MahadoKusanagi said:
Haqase said:
Generic first episode. But let's see where this goes.

Dito. More than that, it seems like a generic super hero anime to me that wants to burst its genericness. Wonderful, if its doesnt something new, that it will stay just generic to me.
Plus, i see this anime going into the overrated department really fast...............but lets see what all episodes will show.

28 chp in its still got nothing going for it what so ever ,expect a boat load of edge if that's your thing
Apr 3, 2016 6:21 AM

Sep 2015
really gave me a One Punch Man meets Naruto vibe.
but i like Deku's backstory, loved the animation and colors, and i'm usually picky about OP's but this one rubbed me right.
i'm soo looking forward to the other characters, having not read the manga i have no idea what to expect but i do have high hopes.

only thing i really don't like is the title card. it reminds me of something you'd see on a kids toy in toys r us or walmart.

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Apr 3, 2016 6:21 AM

May 2012
First episode and people are already spoiling and dropping lol

Pretty good start. Incoming Deku badassery in the coming episodes, and I can't wait til Best Girl Ochako arrives. At this pace, we'll probably get to the the entrance exams on episode 3 or 4, maybe 4.

Really liked the ed especially but the op was good too

Apr 3, 2016 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
i don't think you could ask for a better 1st episode adaptation then that the quality seems very high

only small point would that Bakugo's explosions seem cartoonish i always imaged they were overbearingly loud to match his personality (probably have to wait for actual serious detonation though)
Apr 3, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2010
I expected they'd cover way more.

Great ep tho.

OP was HYPE AF!! And the art depicted the feel from the manga perfectly.

Love Deku's adult voice narrating and DAT ALL MIGHT!!

Bakugou was such an ass I forgot how much lol

Mt. Lady was great :3

Shota Izuku faces esp while watching the AM vid were so lol
And I got to see MILF MOM AGAIN <3
Apr 3, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2014
Eh it was an average start and felt a bit dragged during some points.

I haven't read the manga in quite a while but this episode reminded me why I wasn't a fan of Deku or why Bakugou is such a shit character. The art and soundtrack were good but the animation was pretty underwhelming during some scenes.

Off-topic but people should stop overhyping this. It's just a typical battle shounen with generic characters and you'll only end up severely disappointing yourself if you're expecting something groundbreaking.
Apr 3, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
solid start with some fun animation
The music is the best part of the show so far
Like it better than OPM
Can't wait for more
Apr 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
A bit disappointed with this first episode. I thought there were a lot of dramatic scenes that were just ruined with the sound effects, like all the bullying with Deku at the school.

Still, I'm going to the keep watching, since I really like the manga.
Apr 3, 2016 6:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good first episode, it got reaaaally good at the ending scene.
So far, nothing really to complain, but it's nothing amazing either.
Apr 3, 2016 6:32 AM
Mar 2015
Z4k said:
Eh it was an average start and felt a bit dragged during some points.

I haven't read the manga in quite a while but this episode reminded me why I wasn't a fan of Deku or why Bakugou is such a shit character. The art and soundtrack were good but the animation was pretty underwhelming during some scenes.

Off-topic but people should stop overhyping this. It's just a typical battle shounen with generic characters and you'll only end up severely disappointing yourself if you're expecting something groundbreaking.

I don't think the characters are generic. Deku and few others get a lot of development.
Apr 3, 2016 6:33 AM

May 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Bakugou was such an ass I forgot how much lol

Seriously lol Geez, enough to tell someone to kill themselves. He's still an ass but at least not as big as he used to be

I also forgot about this head banging until it was shown in this episode

http://prntscr.com/anl33g

Got a good laugh from it then and now

Apr 3, 2016 6:36 AM
Nov 2015
Nothing at all really stood out, besides maybe the protagonist's design.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzApr 4, 2016 8:47 AM
Apr 3, 2016 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Solid first episode.
Bakugou is annoying and Deku is amazing for having such a big dream without having a Quirk.
Apr 3, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
Nice OP, good animation and artwork, I liked the first episode... Oh yeah, also solid OST.
Story isn't bad either, it seems pretty interesting for a shounen series... Actually animation style reminds me a lot of One Punch Man. I don't know why.... :D

I am sure that I will enjoy this one...
Also, I am pretty sure that it will turn out that All-Might is Quirkless, something similar to Saitama... What do you think of that?

4/5 for the episode

Apr 3, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2010
More like Boku no Generic Genericness. Really disappointing start, it brought absolutely nothing new to the table, the classic weak / crybaby underdog MC story. It looks really, really low budget, even the stills looks really bad, tho i don't know if that's the artstyle from the manga or the budget for this was really really small.
Apr 3, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2015
As an anime watcher only, I honestly didn't see anything special about this from the 1st ep besides the ost. Still gonna stick with it seeing how popular the manga seems. Hopefully the 2nd ep will be better
Apr 3, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2014
It was good, just that my expectations were misplaced. Not sure what to expect later on though.
Apr 3, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
Nice first episode , damn that scene where deku was crying and his mother telling him sorry almost made me shed a tear ... Anyways looking forward for episode 2
Apr 3, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
KilluaX4 said:
Zalmox1s said:
More like Boku no Generic Genericness. Really disappointing start, it brought absolutely nothing new to the table, the classic weak / crybaby underdog MC story. It looks really, really low budget, even the stills looks really bad, tho i don't know if that's the artstyle from the manga or the budget for this was really really small.

Well good thing Deku becomes an absolute madman.

I sure hope so, because to be honest I`m almost at my limit when it comes to weak/useless MCs. It seems to be a trend in the last few years unfortunately. I had some expectations when I saw the PV, but this episode did not deliver at all. Maybe things will change with the next ones.
Apr 3, 2016 6:48 AM
Feb 2013
Zalmox1s said:
KilluaX4 said:

Well good thing Deku becomes an absolute madman.

I sure hope so, because to be honest I`m almost at my limit when it comes to weak/useless MCs. It seems to be a trend in the last few years unfortunately. I had some expectations when I saw the PV, but this episode did not deliver at all. Maybe things will change with the next ones.

Dude it's only the first episode, which covered about 2/3 of the first chapter, the pay off hasn't happened yet. Hell this in my opinion is still the prologue of the story.
dedeogbeApr 3, 2016 6:53 AM
Apr 3, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
i'm not usually into hero stuff but damn,this was good to watch.
Apr 3, 2016 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
I loved it! Simply cant wait to see more!! It did the manga proud, imo. Too bad it didnt premiere two eps on the same night cause I cant wait to see the next :D
Anyone can be a Hero
Apr 3, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2010
dedeogbe said:
Zalmox1s said:

Dude it's only the first episode, which covered about 2/3 of the first chapter, the pay off hasn't happened yet. Hell this in my opinion is still the prologue of the story.

I understand that, but normally, in the first episode you tend to set the tone of the anime, and this episode did not manage to impress me or make me interested in the story almost at all.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.