Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Who knows what lies in the future of this show, maybe everyone is already dead lol

Original TV show = a lot of crazy theories will pop out in this forum
Apr 2, 2016 3:42 AM

Jan 2011
Episode didn't do much for me, but it is only an intro of the characters.
Apr 2, 2016 3:45 AM

Jun 2015
Cretaions said:
Lol. Lion's seiyuu is airi's voice from oni chichi gg

I'll have to rewatch Oni Chichi just to make sure...
Apr 2, 2016 3:45 AM

Jan 2013
Hippopotamus rururururururu

This is already best comedy of the season.
Every line is hilarious.

It's like they looked at Another and thought "Phew that was stupid. How about we make it even dumber except on purpose?"
Apr 2, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
Well this one nice characters are good love the first ep gonna watch it
Apr 2, 2016 4:07 AM

Aug 2013
That sure was a bad episode if there ever was one. The accumulation of cliches and bad taste was insane.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Apr 2, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
yes yes yes i can't wait for the next episode to see the village. this really reminds me of Higurashi a bit.
Apr 2, 2016 4:25 AM

Mar 2014
And how exactly are they gonna develop thirty main characters in only twelve episodes?

Also it doesn't even make sense for the characters to still try to corporate with the buss driver after he tried to kill them. Fucking idiots

It wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be some shitty carbon copy of Another
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 2, 2016 4:29 AM

Dec 2015
@SwordSaint But we are probably crazy since we are alone in those four pages to think of it. ^^" The most preponderant hypothesis everyone else gave is a Battle Royale road.
Apr 2, 2016 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
Lion reminds me of Zone-tan. Am I the only one?
Apr 2, 2016 4:36 AM

Jun 2014
I had fun watching this. Kind of creepy and eerie, but that puking moment was absolutely hilarious. Will keep my eyes on this one.
:3
Apr 2, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Off to a good start, plenty of intrigue plot wise and a whole bunch of interesting characters to get to know.

Tusilos said:
Lion reminds me of Zone-tan. Am I the only one?

hehe yeah kinda
Apr 2, 2016 4:42 AM

May 2011
Orange said:
The art/atmosphere reminded me of Another but no one died and seems like nobody will.
Can't get that hippopotamus song out of my head.

Another didn't start culling the class until episode 3. I'm pretty sure some of those people are going to get off`ed.
Apr 2, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2007
From the genius people who brought you brilliant comedies of Wixxoss and Another, comes another comedic show set in unoriginal setting, where the focus is on generic under-developed cardboard cliches of people dying in random stupid ways!

Bravo Mari Okada. Bravo. I don't know what I expected, but this certainly cheered me up and made the rest of the anime this year look a lot more bright and good

2/10
Apr 2, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2010
Well, this seems interesting so far.

Cannibalism was mentioned, I'm excited now. Hope there's some disturbing stuff in the future episode.

Mitsumine seems to be suffering from some kind of psychological episodes.

That got dangerous. Varukana is annoying, he's the reason they almost died anyway. Thank God, Masaki's vomit saved the day. Best girl with best vomit.

I'm super interested in this, I feel like it can be a good show despite its unusually large cast.

8/10 for this episode, off to a strong start.

The ED song implies that the purple-haired loli has an important role, wondering why she's not listed as one of the MCs.. Maybe she will early, but end up being a source of character development for the MC? Who knows. Anyways, good OP and ED, wish the later had some more animation, though.
TragicRomanceApr 2, 2016 5:12 AM
Apr 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
I don't really get the hate, I think we got sufficient character development for just one episode.

I don't like the character design much but the premise is fun imo.
Apr 2, 2016 5:08 AM

Oct 2014
Well, that's interesting to say atleast.
however why did they go with the most generic guy and made him MC? *sigh*
Apr 2, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
I think I will love this one.
The first episode and the creepy vibes it gives off was great. Hippopotamus song was crazy, especially when it has such a cheerful tone (catchy♫). Characters looks promising, I wonder how many episodes will it take to remember everybody. Let's see whether they'll reach the village or just keep being on the road forever.

Also, they are not right in their heads when they let the driver drive after he attempted to kill them all.
Apr 2, 2016 5:18 AM

Feb 2014
Well, at least all of the character's introductions have all be done now, although it did take a while though.

Considering that plenty of them on the bus are slightly wacky or complete nutjobs, it's only a matter of time before someone dies. Their destination might be described as a location to start their lives all over from the beginning, but it has "Battle Royale" written all over it. It'll be the survival of the fittest, not just physically, but mentally too.

The art style is almost similar to Another, which has the horror genre tag, unlike Mayoiga.

Overall, it's a good start so far. It's only a matter of time before the drama, angst and threats become more frequent and violent.
Apr 2, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm really mysterious.. Gotta give it a shot huh.
Apr 2, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2015
Man, that was a lot of character introduction straight off the bat. And a lot of weirdos at that as well. Bet something will happen to most of them. Aside from that, that was interesting. I like the OP and ED, and the BGM was pretty nice as well for this kind of show. So far, so good.

Apr 2, 2016 5:38 AM
Dec 2015
I hope this anime not going to be another Another.

First episode was quite good although there is some stupid moment. So far none interesting character for me.
With 11 episode left, hope they pull the trigger in the next episode.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Sep 2015
Aaah my head ! Too many characters !
The OP and the ED are great, I really like the chara design even if the MC is pretty normal/standard

nice start!
Apr 2, 2016 5:50 AM

Jul 2012
Nothing much to say after the first episode, but it was pretty interesting. Considering that the PV wasn't promising at all and what is in the spring season or rather there is pretty much nothing i hope it only gets better.
Apr 2, 2016 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
I was all the chapter like thinking... ok... what the heck am I watching? What the heck am I going to watch?

Too many characters, some of the cringeworthy and cliche as hell.

For some reason it made me remember the "People's Temple" cult. That one of the Jonestown massacre. I don't think this is going to end well.

Going to watch just to see what's going on with the anime.
Apr 2, 2016 6:02 AM

Dec 2014
fucking swear "Mitsumune" is annoying as fuck.

Apr 2, 2016 6:02 AM

Dec 2014
Well a lot of characters.. I don't know how they will go through the build up.. I just hope it is't rushed.
Good First episode
Apr 2, 2016 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
I hope this anime gets better, it has potential, but I have low expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 6:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everyone in this bus is just fucked up in the head basically :>

Very interesting start, already some shenanagans.
Apr 2, 2016 6:11 AM

Jul 2009
That hippopotamus song tho....was everyone on that bus stoned or something?
Apr 2, 2016 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
idk if I liked it or not, honestly the main characters were TOO OBVIOUS from the start (the cute boy and the cute girl... of course), and it's pretty clear that literally all of them are gonna either die or disappear... also the creepy atmosphere was too forced?? with all those songs about death and the fog etc

I don't know really, but the plot seems interesting even if a little bit predictable. The moe style is really not my thing but it doesn't really bother me so yeah, I guess I'll keep watching it
Apr 2, 2016 6:20 AM
Apr 2014
This is probably gonna end up being a hilarious failure with the 30 characters, probably gonna kill off a good chunk and give them no development
Seems like a good ride.
Apr 2, 2016 6:30 AM

Jan 2014
Orange said:
The art/atmosphere reminded me of Another but no one died and seems like nobody will.
Can't get that hippopotamus song out of my head.

Reading the description I got the feeling that they're allready dead. It sounds a lot like LOST, except with a village instead of an island. Hope that isn't the case though, would like a proper realistic mystery again for a change.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 2, 2016 6:30 AM

Jun 2013
That was....strange.

But interesting nonetheless.

I'll keep watching and see what it goes.
Apr 2, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
From the genius people who brought you brilliant comedies of Wixxoss and Another, comes another comedic show set in unoriginal setting, where the focus is on generic under-developed cardboard cliches of people dying in random stupid ways!

Bravo Mari Okada. Bravo. I don't know what I expected, but this certainly cheered me up and made the rest of the anime this year look a lot more bright and good

2/10

What a bias. Did Okada shit into your corn flakes?
It's Tsutomu Mizushima's show, she only writes what he told her. At worst we will get comedy of the season. Unlike Another, no one will spoil us.
Apr 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Feb 2016
I hope it will turn out to be horror. I enjoyed the first episode! :D
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Apr 2, 2016 6:41 AM
Apr 2016
Maybe it's something like Angel Beats? I mean afterworld.
Apr 2, 2016 6:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Either we will get a good mystery series or a hilarious trainwreck which would also be hella entertaining.
Apr 2, 2016 6:49 AM

Apr 2015
bastek66 said:

What a bias. Did Okada shit into your corn flakes?

I know I'm not involved into that discussion but what you just said gave me a really good laugh.

Thank you :'D.
Apr 2, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2009
The first ep. was quite good. I really liked the creepy feeling it gave off. My only concern is number of characters. There's no way I'm going to remember all of them just in 12 eps. :/
Apr 2, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2013
That was so fkn weird. like wtf did I just watch. MC is annoying happy prick. Characters are....meh....but very different from each other. I'm interested though so i'll keep watching.

This better not be a fkn show where nothing bad happens in the end. I want a death game anime! Make it dark as shit! Need to see characters die. Lion knows too much lol

I think this anime is gonna be meh tbh.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 2, 2016 6:58 AM

Mar 2010
I don't know what to think about this just yet. First of all, I like the premise, but... The introduction of 30 fucking characters within few minutes left me remembering pretty much nobody. Talk about an infodump. I also think the show is trying a bit too hard, it's about as subtle as a slap to the face. All the characters are visibly 'quirky,' they sing strange, morbid songs, they head to this creepy mysterious village: we get it, a lot of them are gonna die.

Also, nobody can convince me the scene with the autobus driver wasn't pure retardation. First of all, why would they hire someone who had no idea what was happening with the village etc.? Maybe they're planning to kill him in order to keep the village's location a secret, but wouldn't it be more logical to just have someone from the company drive them there? He overreacted, too, and they sure as fuck underreacted. (Is that a word? I don't care, it is now.) I mean, he explicitly tries to kill them and they're like: "Okay, nevermind, sorry for being annoying?"
It's obvious they just wanted some drama in this episode, that scene served no purpose other than to annoy the fuck out of me.

I'll give this a chance, but I'm not expecting much after this episode.
Apr 2, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
This is a glorious trainwreck in the making. Thirty bad characters, dialogue that makes no sense, tryhard mystery, just wonderful. Mari Okada and Diomedea deliver.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 2, 2016 7:14 AM

Oct 2014
Holy shit stop this hipopotamus song plzz.
They sure have weird names ...

EDIT: oh they are using their online names . That girl who puked 10/10
xRhaiApr 2, 2016 7:29 AM
Apr 2, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
This is a glorious trainwreck in the making. Thirty bad characters, dialogue that makes no sense, tryhard mystery, just wonderful. Mari Okada and Diomedea deliver.
>only 1 episode and calls it a train wreck
>only 1 episode and apparently knows if characters are shitty
>dialog lmfao learn some Japanese before complaining about dialog with ur shitty subs
>Mari Okada isnt bad ur just a follower, she has good and bad like anyone else
>Diomedea has nothing to do with this since the staff is literally not in house staff
Apr 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
galimx said:
Comedy of the season. Seriously, this anime sucks. Its like Another and the characters are so meh and we got in your face 30 characters introduction.

Well I am not surprised. Mari Okada - script. Cant wait when the characters will start to kill off each other. Priceless comedy and dialogues. This anime tries to give off a serious vibe, but it completely fails with its characters, dialogues and atmosphere. Everything is so obvious and superficial. Its a comedy and it was painful to watch. I will give it one more episode, maybe two.

I just hope the script for Kiznaiver isn't equally retarded.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 2, 2016 7:25 AM

Jan 2012
After the first episode I can say that this is one of my favourites of this season, it promises to be good mystery, i hope it doesn't end up like massive slaughterhouse without a plot...
Apr 2, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Jack and Lion best characters - judging from introductions alone
Apr 2, 2016 7:35 AM

May 2012
creepy but interesting :D
Apr 2, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting so far. Lion looks like she's going to be my favorite. The switching between the scenes was kinda fast for my taste though.

3/5
[center][/center]
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.