Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2016 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
Great first episode. The atmosphere was definitely creepy throughtout the episode. Really liking how quirky all the characters are. My favorites so far are Jack and Masaki.

VanishingKira said:
Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):

Well, shit.. can't wait to see them start killing each other, lmao.
Apr 1, 2016 11:14 PM

Feb 2016
This looks interesting
Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM
Jun 2012
Equitum said:
DanWall said:
I'm not the only person who wishes the hippopotamus song was the OP right? ...Right?

Nah, I actually quite liked the OP.

I was kind of hoping they would use that badass rendition of Hall of the Mountain King in the first PV. That was what first sold me on this in the first place.

I really like shows with large casts, so I'm hoping they'll take the time to properly flesh out each character. I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't get saddled with the young idealistic kid as the protagonist, but that's anime for you. The OST did a really good job at maintaining the tension even for the more mundane parts.

I'll be looking forward to seeing where their going to take this one.
Apr 1, 2016 11:15 PM

Mar 2014
director Mizushima must watch already
Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM

Dec 2010
VanishingKira said:
Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):

Even without these 4 images was obious who were the main characters based on the timeframe and opening/ending song, lots of these people are just fillers to make a 12 episode tv serie, and i'm pretty sure that if you watch the first and the last 2-3 episodes you have the whole serie explained and resolved. Classic narrative method. :)
Fn76Apr 1, 2016 11:28 PM
Apr 1, 2016 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
Well well, Let's see where this goes.

Cannot wait the mystery tough, not expecting any Axe-man from closet that starts to kill everyone but somewhat interested about what the makers are planning
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 1, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2011
This felt like watching a Youtube video and setting it to x2.0 speed. Also 30 characters for a 12 episode anime?? But on some real shit... that Hippopotamus song was LIT!!!
Apr 1, 2016 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good start!

There are a lot of characters on the bus!
Apr 1, 2016 11:54 PM

Jan 2015
What an interesting episode!
Didn't expect this to be good tbh.
Apr 1, 2016 11:56 PM

Mar 2015
There's a lot of characters....

Now I'm hoping for some battle royale thing since this seems to establish that.

People who have no regards of their past life, basically wants to die. Then there's that guy with the survival of the fittest personality. Lion the mysterious girl. A detective/PI which is a smart person. A main boy and main girl who both are wimpy and basically will hide in the shadow instead of killing anyone.

I hope it'd take a sudden dark turn. It'd be more interesting that way since I don't expect all 30 people to live till the end.

Also I don't seem to like the main girl, Lion is more interesting.

Apr 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Dec 2015
So many names but then again since most of them will probably go "missing" it won't really matter lol. Mitsumune is kind of annoying. Lion is fav
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2015
I liked the episode.

My theory is that the main guy is dead. In his vision we see him falling from a large wall, ending up in the hospital and stuff. But what doesn't make sense is that his Mom says he was alright....

So confusing! But I really hope we get to see some torture and cannibalism. It was foreshadowed in this episide, after all.

Apr 1, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2016
Okay , this episode got me interested . I'm hooked and want to know the secrets of this village and whether it exists or its just a ruse . The atmosphere is creepy and some sentences just foreshadow that something bad will happen like "something bad will happen " " i hope we don't end up cannibalizing each other " and that song in the end that koharun was singing is creepy af. Also whats with the nicknames ? Lion , speedstar , pink goddess , lovepon, judgeness lol .
Apr 2, 2016 12:08 AM

Sep 2015
99% sure there will be cannabilism. Why even bring it up twice if it's not going to happen? :')

I see the slaughter and I want it.

Apr 2, 2016 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
A intriguing start, looking foward for the next episode
Apr 2, 2016 12:13 AM

Apr 2015
I am getting some battle royal vibe... I wasn't planning on watching this series but it's mysteriousness has caught my attention.
Apr 2, 2016 12:15 AM

Oct 2015
That really captivated me. It felt really suspenseful and errie most of the time.
I felt someone would die at some point with all the dark sounding music in the background and especially with some of those characters. That driver as well who almost tried to kill them.

Masa,i was some weird stuff going on with her.
I could not tell what was happening when Mitsumune had the weird thought in his mind with the time bomb or whatever it was.

I feel this could turn out as a really great show. So much interesting characters and the talk of this village is intriguing me a lot.
Apr 2, 2016 12:16 AM

Nov 2015
Good start for this. I hope the anime keeps the suspense (or creepiness) element intact. Too many characters, hopefully they'll go missing?!
Mitsumune and Hayato seem good, Lion seems interesting, the guide and the creepy girl from the end seem promising.
Great bus scene, the nightmare of Mitsu was the highlight for me.
Let's hope this show gets better and popular too!
bluebear_toraApr 2, 2016 12:20 AM
Apr 2, 2016 12:17 AM

Apr 2015
Thug_Gou said:
Where'd you guys watch it? The site that I use still hasn't posted it. :(

Anilinkz. Got DL it hours ago.
#CHEXIT
Apr 2, 2016 12:26 AM

Oct 2008
Felt a bit like I was watching LIMIT again.

Decent start I guess. Not as creepy as I thought it would be. The main guy's kind of normal but the main girl is wacko. Varukana is annoying af. Can't wait for people to start disappearing.
Apr 2, 2016 12:30 AM

Jul 2015
I liked the hippopotamus and cannibal song, don't know what to think about the show yet.
Apr 2, 2016 12:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well... that's a lot of character introductions lol
Apr 2, 2016 12:44 AM
Jan 2015
One of the girls looks like they have the same sort of jacket, from one of the characters from Durarara
CharmOffensiveApr 2, 2016 12:49 AM
Apr 2, 2016 12:48 AM

Jun 2007
What happens when you put a bunch of kids who are borderline crazy in a bus with the promise of starting a new life? Death and murder, that's what.
Apr 2, 2016 12:52 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting start introducing all the unknown characters who will soon be together in a mysterious villa, I mean village. Nothing really striking at first but I love the "Seven neggers" genre so I will watch it (+ noone can do it as good as the mystery novels mistress, so no big expectation)
But so many "neggars"... would have fit better in a normal length series (24-26eps).

3/5

edit @SwordSaint Glad I'm not the only one seeing Christie here! Is the book you mentionned the one called "Seven Little Neggers"?

Why does everyone disliked the bus driver? Sure, at the end, he was nonsensical but at first he was the only person in the vehicle who made sense.

Shonase said:
Thug_Gou said:
Where'd you guys watch it? The site that I use still hasn't posted it. :(

You can watch it on kissanime, gogoanime, or animeshow.tv
could also promote platforms who stream them for free legally... especially an original project like this who needs a minimum of support.
Rei_IIIApr 2, 2016 1:43 AM
Apr 2, 2016 1:13 AM
Aug 2015
moodie said:
Bokurano handled a large cast well

Im not too worried with this

Bokurano had episodes 24 episodes.
Apr 2, 2016 1:19 AM
Mar 2015
Anime version of Palahniuk's "Haunted" anyone?
Apr 2, 2016 1:29 AM

Mar 2013
Assuming the key visuals are accurate,
Happy Halloween
Apr 2, 2016 1:29 AM
Jul 2018
let's sing the hippopotamus song
Apr 2, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2014
I honestly liked that gave at least some attention for everyone on the bus and I just hope all action won't be concentrated on few ones in later episodes.

Lion and Speedster were kinda my favorite characters in this episode.

Although all this crowd is pretty weird by singing songs about dead hippos :/
Apr 2, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think I want to keep watching it. Realy. But I'll give it a chance, I have "three episodes role".
It starts with a long introduction. I don't remember a word they said about themselves neither their names. threw a lot of information on the watcher is not the best way to introduce him the characters. Moreover, the scene with the driver who gone mad and try to kill them all. what the hell happened after that? I know the Japanese people known as their polite way of living, but, why after what he tried to do they ask for an apology and the organizer said he would pay for the cleaning? and how they were so calm after that and come back to the bus...
The only thing I liked at that episode was the "unlucky hippopotamus" song.
Apr 2, 2016 1:54 AM

Mar 2013
Moran_Geffen said:
I don't think I want to keep watching it. Realy. But I'll give it a chance, I have "three episodes role".
It starts with a long introduction. I don't remember a word they said about themselves neither their names. threw a lot of information on the watcher is not the best way to introduce him the characters. Moreover, the scene with the driver who gone mad and try to kill them all. what the hell happened after that? I know the Japanese people known as their polite way of living, but, why after what he tried to do they ask for an apology and the organizer said he would pay for the cleaning? and how they were so calm after that and come back to the bus...
The intro of all the characters was more than likely a means of giving each character some unique screen time before some inevitable disaster strikes.

I just so happen to ask myself the same thing.
I'd like to think the bus driver was just venting his anger, but venting it all out on the people he so much as despises (his passengers). It seems he, unlike his passengers, was actually fighting his lifes problems and he simply coudln't stand the idea of all of them 'escaping reality' so perhaps he was just trying to give them a little wake up call, hence the reason he gave the entire escaping reality speech to them. Of course that's only my speculation on it. He may or may not have been serious about crashing the truck.
Happy Halloween
Apr 2, 2016 1:55 AM

Oct 2015
Lion my favorite Girl so far. Seems this show will had a promises. Also ? 30 char ? Just wow. The plot story will go insane
Apr 2, 2016 1:57 AM

May 2014
30 characters right from the start?
I bet they will all die or most of them.
I like Lion
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 2, 2016 2:00 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty decent so far let's see where it goes from here i guess 7/10
Apr 2, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
Some of the characters have rather extreme personalities, they are bound to end up arguing at some point, and because the atmosphere has been so gloomy and intense during most of the episode, someone's probably going to wind up dead eventually
Apr 2, 2016 2:08 AM

Aug 2014
Holy shit, the entire list of characters are full of lunatics, We have our MC (The Pretender), Angry Loli (Heavens know why), Our 2 Sluts (Searching for Adam and The girl who got Stalked), we have the couple (They will get NTR'D), the guy who wants to live free (He is an Elitist "Shocker"), The Republican (Gun-Wielding girl), The College Dude (Bags under his eyes), The Bro (The one talking to MC) and many more

Also, What the fuck are these songs? We have the Ugly Hippopotamus who commits suicide, we have the death game and the third song were arms get torn off... If I was on the bus, I would get my ass off along with my tacos since I am hispanic
Apr 2, 2016 2:12 AM

Oct 2014
I'm afraid that this show is going to try to pull some pseudo-psychological bullshit by just having the main character freak out and see those flashbacks twice every episode at any semblance of stress.

Also was kinda annoyed at how stereotypical these characters are...
Apr 2, 2016 2:15 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty promising first episode, I was laughing at the hippopotamus song

definitely sensing that something bad will happen
Apr 2, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2015
PDot19 said:
Moran_Geffen said:
The intro of all the characters was more than likely a means of giving each character some unique screen time before some inevitable disaster strikes.

I'd like to think the bus driver was just venting his anger, but venting it all out on the people he so much as despises (his passengers). It seems he, unlike his passengers, was actually fighting his lifes problems and he simply coudln't stand the idea of all of them 'escaping reality' so perhaps he was just trying to give them a little wake up call, hence the reason he gave the entire escaping reality speech to them. Of course that's only my speculation on it. He may or may not have been serious about crashing the truck.

It's not the point. It's look loke the characters don't have any feeling. They all full with their weirdness. If some bus driver tried to "teach you, a lesson" through"running amuck" his bus. What would you feel? You'll say I'm sorry I'd throw up on you. I understand now. lets go on with the trip like nothing happened.
I feel the same way why he did it... And I liked his speach. He almost was my favorite character, but I didn't anderstud the way the other charecters act after the incident.
Apr 2, 2016 2:22 AM

Jan 2014
Rei366 said:
could also promote platforms who stream them for free legally... especially an original project like this who needs a minimum of support.

Yeah sorry, whoopsies.
Apr 2, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2013
Moran_Geffen said:
PDot19 said:

It's not the point. It's look loke the characters don't have any feeling. They all full with their weirdness. If some bus driver tried to "teach you, a lesson" through"running amuck" his bus. What would you feel? You'll say I'm sorry I'd throw up on you. I understand now. lets go on with the trip like nothing happened.
I feel the same way why he did it... And I liked his speach. He almost was my favorite character, but I didn't anderstud the way the other charecters act after the incident.
I seriously doubt that none of the character's have any feelings. The reason they're on the bus is because they wanna ascape all of the 'feelings' and/or struggles they've been dealing with their entire life.
You reap what you sow, so something is bound to happen. It's only the first episode and you can already tell that the show is hinting at some disaster.
Happy Halloween
Apr 2, 2016 2:30 AM
Jan 2015
@Rei666 Yup that's the one.
Apr 2, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
obvious foreshadowing is obvious

they all gon die

12 eps + 30 characters + creepy songs about death + hidden location = battle royale
Apr 2, 2016 2:57 AM
Jan 2013
So, the MC is a classic wimpy fuck with unstable mental issue. he's so stupid despite being hacker.
ALL character act stupid and provocative, they behave like they never read or watch horror, or never read creepypasta, even though the setting is modern japan.
But, wait...
this is not a heroic anime battle-shounen right?
those character basicaly a cattle, i'd love to watch those annoying character kill each other and die in vain!
I'm in, motherfucker!!!
Apr 2, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2009
This show has more characters than Game of Thrones.
Apr 2, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2014
Not even 4 minutes in but I really hope Nyanta dies.

Not a fan of the OP/ED or those 2 kids as the MCs, but it seems alright. Would have been a good opening ep for a horror.
Shuichi2Apr 2, 2016 3:37 AM
Apr 2, 2016 3:18 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, pretty interesting start. Okada Mari sure knows how to write good chracter interactions and add some tension. Kinda smells like battle royale and inspiration in And then there were none song was obvious.

They really put all possible uncompatible archetypes of all ages together when creating this. The idea of them being from weirdos from online communnity adds even more to their dissonance. The conflict and splitting into small groups is coming no matter what.

Nyanta and her gun felt like really bad writing or unsuitable fanservice at least since they are trying to be a serious here.. That is if the gun isn't dummy (I expected others to at least comment it.. it's not like you are happy when someone near you can shoot you anytime).

And I have yet to see if it's good choice to have suicidal would be clever boy Hayato (though he is 16 by his bio) and insecure superstitious girl Masaki together as main characters.

But so far so good I guess.
Apr 2, 2016 3:19 AM
Feb 2015
the amount of chr is too damm high

btw is this sopposed to be a creepy anime?
Apr 2, 2016 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
If this truns into battle royale then great. We do have so many character so hopefully we will get rid of them sooner than later.

Still while the show introduced 30 characters in total, basically there is the whimpy MC, silent MC's friend, crazy heroine with car sixness, angry dude who sits in first sit and a driver... well I guess the two organizers of the Nakamra village count as side characters.

Everyone else... right now feels more like not side characters but rather background characters.

Truly if any of them will get any importance in the show later on, why couldn't they be introduced in the episode where they will have their importance. Instead we have few minutes of introductions and there was not a single name that I even tried to remember at that point.

Now ignoring the introduction part, let's look at the storline and the main characters.

MC - well I seen this type many times never liked him. MC's friend - I usually like this type of character should have been MC. Then heroine (I basing the fact that she is heroine on the opening in which she appears the most), the heroine, well I like the quirky heroines as they always bring in a lot of good scenes. Like the fortune telling quirk is quite funny (even if it's a copy from somewhere I never seen the original so it's my first time seeing someone be that much obsessed with it), then the car sickness lead to a great scene as well.

As for storyline so far what will happen isn't obvious yet but the hints towards them killing each other are strong. Like the fact that everyone needs to write 'Will'. I feel like those death wills will keep on appearing and people will really die in there.

Hmm, now that I think about it maybe it won't be Battle royale but rather a mysterious village with mysterious deaths happening all over the place and the question, who is the culprit.

In any case the anime seem good for the start and while it has a great potential it also has a great potential to be absolutely terrible. My main issue with the show will definitely be the MC. Really, author made 30 different characters with some of them being quite unique and interesting and yet the MC is so stereotypical and it's one of the most annoying type. If there is killing involved in this series a character like him should die first and yet because of MC's status he will live till the end... sad.

[ Right about opening. Well it's a good oppening but while watchign it I couldn't help but have thought "Wow, it's really easy to make OP if show has 30 characters from the get go. Just show them one after another and here is the OP" :) ]
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.