Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Whoa, it's only 3 months but this show already felt a bit nostalgic. Glad to see it back and Tora's return is also quite pleasing. Seems like he remembers his past conversation with Mayuko too. Good start s far despite being somewhat of a slow pacing. It reflects back to the events and builds up for this season. Decent action as well, they sure aren't wasting time for getting straight into the fights :D

Can't wait to see what else this season has to offer.
Apr 1, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
OP

It's the same old Ushio to Tora again. Glad it's back though and I'm expecting this cour to be a lot better than the last 2 cours.
EasyGo-erApr 1, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 1, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
Nice first episode to the second season. They didn't screw around at all and got straight to the point. New OP and ED were nice as well.

The subs are out so I'm surprised only two people have commented on this so far.
Apr 1, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
They wasted no time getting right back into the action. Looks like Ushio and Tora are gonna have a lot on their hands since everyone except a few people lost their memories of them. Also a bit of ominous foreshadowing about the Beast Spear being shattered, and hopefully Mayuko won't have to actually sacrifice herself to create a new one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 1, 2016 8:35 AM
Mar 2008
Zemroid said:
Nice first episode to the second season. They didn't screw around at all and got straight to the point. New OP and ED were nice as well.

The subs are out so I'm surprised only two people have commented on this so far.

Well, maybe some people alos lost interest after the second Ushio to Tora and dont give a crap about this one. Which would be a shame.
I still havent watched the first Ushio to Tora (the 90s one.........i should be ashamed of myself), but this season started nicely. It got straight to the point without a lot of crap and now the fight continues against Hakumen no Mono in the same quality as before.
Both, the OP and ED, were nice but for the OP i hoped for something as grand and badass like the first one, the guitar solo part at first seemed to go that route but the energy sadly wasnt there anymore. "Mazen na Kiken" stays the badass OP from UtT.
Apr 1, 2016 8:45 AM

Oct 2013
I wish they skip all the BS to Hakumen no mono's fight.
Apr 1, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, can't forget that Hakumen no mono's eyes. That OP... lots of Tora revealed.
That's it, Ushio... Let it all out, even if you have to kiss Tora. LOL
MasceraApr 1, 2016 8:54 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 1, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
Hahaha Ushio hugging Tora, and Tora went tsundere.
Apr 1, 2016 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
Ushio and Tora back in business, and shits going down. Lol and Ushio hugging Tora and his reaction.
It was a good start getting back into the story again, and looking forward to seeing how this will progress.

Apr 1, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
Just this 1 episode had better romance and story than many of animes these days. I thought that i will be meh while watching this season but this is so fucking good start. Hype and love for this anime is back!
Apr 1, 2016 9:55 AM

Mar 2011
It was a good 1st episode.
Nice opening and alot of new characters there.
Apr 1, 2016 10:16 AM

Nov 2015
Ushio's VA changed right? But then the old one came right after Tora's entry!
Great episode, the story's getting serious but a little humor won't mind the course right?
The OP is lacking a punch, but will get used to!
Apr 1, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah it's back. So good to see.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 1, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
Good lord they wasted no time with this XD
We're going straight to the final battle.
I think they will skip 1/3rd atleast of the manga in this adaptation.

That memory loss feels :'(
Apr 1, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
The show is back!

I felt bad for Ushio and Tora! Everyone forgot them except Saya and that time traveling demon!
Apr 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
That was an amazing return. Really hit me hard when Ushio was eating that Ramen while crying..
Apr 1, 2016 11:52 AM
Apr 2014
Back with a bang
Hakumen no Mono's voice actor always tries so hard to sound evil lmao.
I hope this memory loss shit doesn't last the entire season.
That OP seems full of spoilers.
Apr 1, 2016 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome Opening as usual, good first episode, expecting great fight's this season
Apr 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
It's back now ^^

Meh opening

Good ending

Very good first episode.

Can't wait for next week !!!
Apr 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
So glad this is back, great first episode. It re-established the tone and the head of steam the first season built wonderfully.
Apr 1, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
So they just shove Shinno and the western yokai back in just like that? What the hell?

You already cut them out. You don't really need to half-heartedly include them like this. Just make the eastern yokai do all their job instead should be enough.
Apr 1, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
Good Opening and Ending and Basically everyone covered what needs to be said.

They didn't waste anytime, and I'm pumped about this season.

Background music was on point too!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2016 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No filler whatsoever. Right back into the action and story.

Hakumen no Mono is an amazing villain.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 1, 2016 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Damn son. This is what I'm talking about. Way to come back with a god damn BANG. I love that this episode hit the ground running and upped the ante significantly. Altering memories is a bitch move, Hakumen (but well done in this case).

And talk about Mayuko pulling a power move with her indirect Ushio confession to Asako. I need more.
Apr 1, 2016 2:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Damn they didnt waste time with the first episode, i like that.
I prefer the first OP tho. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 1, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
How many chapters did they adapt this episode? I haven't read the manga, but it felt a bit rushed.

On a more positive note-- Ushio and Tora are back! Ready for another season of 90s shonen throwback :)
Apr 1, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
I guess with only 13 episodes they gotta cut all the bullshit.
Apr 1, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
still don't know what went wrong with ushio's nose
Apr 1, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2013

that looks yummy lel
Apr 1, 2016 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Damn it really hurt Ushio that Asako didn't remember him... :X And he is cousins with that Jie me look alike lolz so they can't be together ouch.. Wait untill she finds that out.
Apr 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2015
Happy with the return of the series. the new opening feels weird, but the ending is good.
I thought you were going to start with a chapter slice-of life and then start with action. But I still like this descision to start with the action that characterizes the series.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 1, 2016 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
I'm kind of a sucker for shows that do the memory thing as cliche as they are. Its a cool dynamic when the characters once had allies that now have no reccolation of them whatsoever. I enjoyed this episode alot.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 1, 2016 4:26 PM

Oct 2011
Problem I have with the episode is Asako's reactions through several times this episode.

When she asked "really" regarding if Ushio will like the embroidery.

Also, when Ushio wanted to walk her home she looked at him in a creepy fashion.

Also wtf was up with Asako and Ushio walking to her place? They were skipping, smiling and laughing in a weird fashion. Angry one moment then laughing it up like they are girlfriend and boyfriend.
Apr 1, 2016 4:30 PM

Jun 2013
and it's back and eveyone lost their memories of him or some shit
Apr 1, 2016 5:36 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome start. Same old wonderful Ushio and Tora. Both this and JoJo on Fridays. Good times, good times.
Apr 1, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
The return of a great series! Singer of the new OP is the same of the previous episodes' OP! The scene of Ushio and Asako under the cherry blossoms was wonderful, pretty good start. Everyone forgot about Ushio! But I knew Tora didn't. His father and the monks became petrified, dafuq? Seems like everyone forgot about Tora too, Hakumen sent some Hiyo to eat the memories of them from everyone... Kirio is the new stepbrother of Mayuko, lol. Ushio finds out that Mayuko is a descendant of Mie Jing and so she was kidnapped by east and west Osas (with Asako) to forge a new Beast Spear! The animations were also pretty good, OSTs were fantastic. A great (re)start!
Apr 1, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
Zemroid said:

Probably because today is April Fools Day, and most of the anime that came out today were just pranks. If it wasn't for this site notifying me, I wouldn't have thought it was real enough to try.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 1, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2014
When Asako asked Ushio who he was, I was waiting for Asako to say,"April Fools!"

Well anyways, a very good first episode. Everything was straight to the point. Also, the romance scene was pretty niceee.
Apr 1, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Ushio Tora YAY!!!!!
Apr 1, 2016 10:10 PM
Jan 2015
As usual Ushio to Tora is a really great anime but I really hate the fact that they are skipping some parts.
Apr 1, 2016 10:33 PM
Dec 2015
Kezone said:
How many chapters did they adapt this episode? I haven't read the manga, but it felt a bit rushed.

On a more positive note-- Ushio and Tora are back! Ready for another season of 90s shonen throwback :)

This single episode covered 8 manga chapters. They need this pace to cover the whole final battle arc in this 13-episode final season.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Apr 1, 2016 10:46 PM
Dec 2015
Gov said:
Problem I have with the episode is Asako's reactions through several times this episode.

When she asked "really" regarding if Ushio will like the embroidery.

Also, when Ushio wanted to walk her home she looked at him in a creepy fashion.

Also wtf was up with Asako and Ushio walking to her place? They were skipping, smiling and laughing in a weird fashion. Angry one moment then laughing it up like they are girlfriend and boyfriend.

Those screens are almost straight copy from manga. I would consider it as "fans service". But well, the manga author isn't really known for drawing people. He's better at drawing youkai and creepy things.

In manga, during that walk, there were a few more dialogues. They were chatting about their childhood memories, what happened in elementary schools, etc. That made the then memory loss even more sad. Anime skipped this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Apr 2, 2016 12:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really liking the new OP.....Now I know that this season is going to be better than I thought

The moment that Ushio had with Asako in the first half was way too cute and now I honestly dont mind those two ending up together

But man the second half was really sad....I can't even imagine how it must feel to have everyone including the one you love forget and treat you like an outcast :(

That fight premonition has me worried but I feel like that happened because of this current event so hopefully the gang can fix this soon and lol at how they're JUST now realizing that Mayuko is a descendant descendant Jie Mei
Apr 2, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, they wasted no time into return to the action. I like the opening, but I liked the previous one more. The ending was fine.

Sucks the Hiyou made Ushio's loved ones and allies to forget him, but next chapter looks like we will see many action scenes, that's good.

Btw, that western youkai has the voice of Junichi Suwabe. That made the things much better.
Apr 2, 2016 3:51 AM

Nov 2010
Amnesia plots are fucking garbage. What a terrible way to start a season.
Apr 2, 2016 4:56 AM

Jan 2011
Yep, straight to the point of no return. That OP sure is spoilerific.

I already figured they weren't gonna do it since it came before Tatatri Breaker, but they skipped The Western Bakemono War, and have just gone straight to the the West and East already being allies.

They also showed Resurrection of the Beast Horde in the OP, but I guess they'll have to tweak it a bit since it came before this in the manga. At least they're not leaving it out.
Apr 2, 2016 5:10 AM

Mar 2013
What's up with changing the order of the stories? I was all hyped up to see the Azafuse today, wtf.

Not only was this rushed af, I'm a lil upset they just totally cut all of Kirio's character development, especially after how many episodes he got last season. This season shoulda been 2 cour too. :/
I also feel sorry for anyone anime-only because the speed of this just made it come across as confusing, esp b/c all the skipped material made it seem like an episode had been missed out.
Apr 2, 2016 5:27 AM

Aug 2015
Great first episode. Felt bad for Ushio when everyone started to forget him, but was glad Tora remembered him. The op was nice.
Apr 2, 2016 7:55 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this was the best way to start my weekend.

I mean Season 2 is going to be amazing, and just having finished the manga, if done right more tear's will be shed.
Also, I feel like that new OP spoils a bit much for my liking but that ED is pretty good.

At first I thought the VO changed but it's been sometime then he Jumped all over Tora and I knew this is going to be another great..no Amazing Season.
Apr 2, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
I could not miss that much the opportunity and watch this first episode of Ushio and Tora. As a start I find it very encouraging, but I have the feeling that the story will be treated equally seen in the first season. Needless to discuss this particular, I just hope that the animated adaptation does "regret" over the original story. Excellent designs, a little gnats acronyms, I preferred the previous ones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.