Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 1, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
Its fine. A bit low budget but hey its 8bit. Since this was first a visual novel Im fine with just reading the story with some animation. The only thing that can really ruin my hype is if they completely ruin the story. 1 cour might put me down as well.

Damn a couple years ago visual novel adaptions used to look stunning to me like Mashiro Symphany and others in the early 2000s
Apr 1, 2016 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah, looks a bit low budget to me too. I'll check to see how the story goes but if it ends up being 1-cour, I probably won't watch it.

Apr 1, 2016 8:43 AM
Mar 2010
actually 8bit first VN animation was Walkure Romance and Grisaia I liked the way they animated Grisaia everything was close to the VN but with Rewrite it looks so simple and low budget it makes me worried :/ but at least the seiyuus and OST are the same <3
BerryChanxApr 1, 2016 8:47 AM
Apr 1, 2016 8:49 AM
Aug 2013
Incredibly i'm not as worried as i thought i would be, yea the animation is not amazing but i found it really smooth and clean althoug maybe a bit plain so no complaining about it, i almost started crying when i heard those osts and VA once again, my heart couldn't do it. Anyway i'm still pretty positive and opmistic about it, i just need the episodes count now.
yrlekApr 1, 2016 9:31 AM
Apr 1, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
maybe this is a PTSD from the LB anime but I personally find the animation stunning. It's just not the usual kyo-ani/ufotable/bones smooth animation but the nonaka trademark animation.
tl'dr: it's not low budget but is just different.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 1, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
Looks amazing, just need the episode count now.
Apr 1, 2016 8:58 AM
Jul 2012
My only problem with the pv is everyone hands look so plain.
Apr 1, 2016 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
I like the character designs, but I'm also worried about the art and animation. Kotori had a QUALITY shot in the PV she doesn't deserve that ;_;. There really shouldn't be too many of those.
I just hope the action scenes will look good.

Still no episode count?
Apr 1, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2015
lol at people complaining about the animation, what would you have preferred a static shots that looks better instead ? There is a lot of lovely character animation in the PV.
Apr 1, 2016 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
The animation is perfectly fine, though I'm not a big fan of the simplistic designs and how plain everything looks..

Still, it all comes down to the script and the episode count in the end so I'm not that worried yet and I like Rewrite too much to be disappointed by just a PV.
Apr 1, 2016 9:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It meanted alot to me, to finally see then animated, but I just hope the anime doesnt suffer from bad animation quality, it is KEY! Get some budget for fucks SAKE!!
Or maybe is just the plain pallete range of colours or the animation style of the studio dunno, whatever, we got a new PV, and the anime is coming soon, that is enough for me for now.
Apr 1, 2016 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Stop saying the animation is low budget, there is a lot of good cuts, the problem is the colors, way too plain for my taste.
Apr 1, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
I personally do not find the art that bad. It's just the colors, although the animation is kind of a sketch because this VN also has its action moments. Just saying of course.
Apr 1, 2016 9:52 AM
Apr 2012
It is a bit too cutsey and bland...Giving me the terrible little busters anime vibes.
Apr 1, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
Well not the biggest fan of the art style. It's not bad, but it's not that great either, but oh well, not that big an issue. Atleast it looks decent :> If anything, the color for it is more bothersome for me than the art...
Apr 1, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
The animations are great, I like the character design, its the type of design that gives the animators more freedom to draw it from any angles.
Unline Grisaia's character design which only looks good from the front...
Apr 1, 2016 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
Apr 1, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
I don't see an issue with the animation, it looked clean and smooth to me.

I personally like the simplistic art style, the characters blend in well with the scenery and this will allow for some beautiful shots and more creativity by the animators.

Apr 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2014
8bit please don't fuck up this amazing master piece.

If they announce 12 episodes for this, I will lose all respect for them completely.
Apr 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2013
DoctorWasabi said:

If they announce 12 episodes for this, I will lose all respect for them completely.

Lose your respect for Aniplex, not 8bit.

But thats very unlikely.
Apr 1, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
PeacefulWard said:

I personally like the simplistic art style, the characters blend in well with the scenery and this will allow for some beautiful shots and more creativity by the animators.

Finally someone who gets it.

I-I love you
Apr 1, 2016 11:50 AM
Mar 2010
i really hope we get all the girls routes also moon and tera adaptation cause in Grisaia they've adapted every girl route and meikyuu and rakuen
Apr 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
DoctorWasabi said:

Think about it this way: would the animation/art be this average for an Aniplex budget with only 12 episodes? We'll probably see based Aniplex budget spread over 24+. Take Charlotte and Angel Beats for example: beautiful scenery and animation throughout; only 13 episodes (they can pour all their budget in a shorter count of episodes)
The lively and comical scenes will look average (like we saw here) but the more serious scenes will look great.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
BerryChanx said:
i really hope we get the girls routes moon and tera adaptation cause in Grisaia they've adapted every girl route and meikyuu and rakuen
I don't see why they wouldn't adapt all the girls route in the first place...though it seems like the anime will have an original route aswell.

sanata50lbsb said:
DoctorWasabi said:

Think about it this way: would the animation/art be this average for an Aniplex budget with only 12 episodes? We'll probably see based Aniplex budget spread over 24+. Take Charlotte and Angel Beats for example: beautiful scenery and animation throughout; only 13 episodes (they can pour all their budget in a shorter count of episodes)
The lively and comical scenes will look average (like we saw here) but the more serious scenes will look great.
Now that's the right way to think!
Apr 1, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
zaydgh123 said:
PeacefulWard said:

I-I love you

I kind of like it too! It's definitely different for a Key work, but it fits Rewrite's vibe. This guy on the other thread said that he noticed that there's alot of detail in the movement of the characters, which will be important later on.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM
Mar 2010
they might just focus on one girl which i think its stupid if they do that
Apr 1, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
zaydgh123 said:

I-I love you

I kind of like it too! It's definitely different for a Key work, but it fits Rewrite's vibe. This guy on the other thread said that he noticed that there's alot of detail in the movement of the characters, which will be important later on.

Exactly! Even watching the PV, you can see subtle movements the characters make, as well as their facial expression changes mid conversation. Adding small details like this really adds to the viewing experience and is a way for the animators to flaunt their budget.

Apr 1, 2016 12:02 PM
Mar 2010
then i gotta watch the PV carefully XD
Apr 1, 2016 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Griasia director, griasia studio. RIP. Here I was excited for this.
Also the director confirmed for an anime original content.
removed-userApr 1, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Sep 2015
xaos12 said:
Also the director confirmed for an anime original route, hope at least it isn't rushed then.

Considering that Romeo Tanaka has said to be closely supervising the anime and writing, I actually have high hopes for this to be a good adaption.

Apr 1, 2016 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
xaos12 said:
Also the director confirmed for an anime original route, hope at least it isn't rushed then.

He didn't said anime original route, it's anime original content. .-.
Apr 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
xaos12 said:

^^

As long as the heroine routes are still intact and not fused into one huge route, I'm fine.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

^^

As long as the heroine routes are still intact and not fused into one huge route, I'm fine.

He did said that he's going to give a time for the heroines to shine, at least that's something.
Apr 1, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2012
PeacefulWard said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Exactly! Even watching the PV, you can see subtle movements the characters make, as well as their facial expression changes mid conversation. Adding small details like this really adds to the viewing experience and is a way for the animators to flaunt their budget.
Yeah I think the most promising cut for that matter is at :12 with bashful Chihaya

xaos12 said:
oh god pls stop this nonsense
Apr 1, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
TheLittleRedHero said:
xaos12 said:

I see, that's fine then, my google translation was wrong. Still skeptical abt the director and studio after that griasia adaptation but we will see. I will lower my expectations in case.
Apr 1, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
xaos12 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I see, that's fine then, my google translation was wrong. Still skeptical abt the director and studio after that griasia adaptation but we will see. I will lower my expectations in case.

That's fine. But again it's not original route because if that was the case it would probably destroy the structure of the series.
Apr 1, 2016 12:53 PM
Mar 2010
After watching the pv a couple of times got used to the animation
Still hyped for Rewrite cause Rewrite and LB are my fav VNs and Key works
Apr 1, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
xaos12 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

It wasn't Tenshou's fault. It was the script writer and series composer's fault; Hideyuki Kurata.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
So, judging the order on how they introduced the heroines, my speculation on the order of the heroine route would be:

Kotori -> Chihaya -> Shizuru -> Lucia -> Akane

And it's the same as the supposedly route order for those who are going to play Rewrite.

Well, that's what I want to know first.

Apr 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
PeacefulWard said:

Yeah I think the most promising cut for that matter is at :12 with bashful Chihaya

Yep, that's mainly the one I was looking at too. Too bad I don't know how to make high quality gifs

Apr 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Tennouji said:
So, judging the order on how they introduced the heroines, my speculation on the order of the heroine route would be:

And it's the same as the supposedly route order for those who are going to play Rewrite.

You can't play Shizuru's route if you don't complete Lucia's, so it can't be played in that order. That was one of the things that made Rewrite kinda weird: two of its routes were locked at the start.
Apr 1, 2016 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Tennouji said:

You can't play Shizuru's route if you don't complete Lucia's, so it can't be played in that order. That was one of the things that made Rewrite kinda weird: two of its routes were locked at the start.

No. Completing Kotori's route is the requirement for unlocking Shizuru's route.

Apr 1, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
DoctorWasabi said:

Lol that's not how creating anime works. Animation and art are not directly affected by the budget. Pouring money into a work does not instantly increase its quality
Apr 1, 2016 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Ein said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Lol that's not how creating anime works. Animation and art are not directly affected by the budget. Pouring money into a work does not instantly increase its quality

Yeah, you can still put out some great animation with a low budget, but to say budget doesn't affect animation isn't true either. A lower budget can lead to less animators and less work on the animation. Bigger budget allows room for a bigger staff really, and that makes it a whole lot easier to get good work done. That's my understanding of it anyway.
Apr 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Ein said:

Yeah, you can still put out some great animation with a low budget, but to say budget doesn't affect animation isn't true either. A lower budget can lead to less animators and less work on the animation. Bigger budget allows room for a bigger staff really, and that makes it a whole lot easier to get good work done. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Welp, at least I tried
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
To add.

Yea it seems low budget but I think the low budget is the PV itself. Or that's what I hope. And if they're really gonna stick with the

order, then it'll be perfect. After Chihaya's route, Shizuru's should be really next for clarifying about Sakuya's "fate"(I'm trying to avoid spoilers).

Anyway, even if it's low budget, as long as they're being faithful to the VN, it'll be fine on my case.

Apr 1, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Tennouji said:
To add.

Yea it seems low budget but I think the low budget is the PV itself. Or that's what I hope. And if they're really gonna stick with the

order, then it'll be perfect. After Chihaya's route, Shizuru's should be really next for clarifying about Sakuya's "fate"(I'm trying to avoid spoilers).

Anyway, even if it's low budget, as long as they're being faithful to the VN, it'll be fine on my case.

Agreed. I'd take a show with decent animation/art while being faithful to the original rather than amazing animation/art while not being faithful.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 1:46 PM
Mar 2010
Read this more news

Not sure how to feel but it seems to be good stuff i just hope it goes well
also hoping the moon and terra route are kept >_< cause i really wanna see the dance moment animated

http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-animated-pv-published/
BerryChanxApr 1, 2016 2:36 PM
Apr 1, 2016 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
The art style really reminds me of the anime "The Pet Girl of Sakuraso" or whatever it's called. Kotarou looks pretty similar to the MC too. :P

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.