Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Rewrite' Announces Production Staff

New
Apr 1, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
The official website of the TV anime Rewrite has announced the complete main production staff for the series. The adaptation of the visual novel by Visual Art's publishing label Key will begin airing in July 2016. A new key visual and the second promotional video for the series have also been unveiled.

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Motoki Tanaka (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Composition & Script Assistance: Romeo Tanaka (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita), Kai (Shinigami no Kyou)
Script: Takashi Aoshima (Himouto! Umaru-chan), Tatsuya Takahashi (The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
Original Character Design: Itaru Hinoue (Kanon)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Masayuki Nonaka (Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic)
Art Setting: Yoshinori Shiozawa (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Art Director: Kazuhiro Inoue (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Color Design: Tomomi Murakami (Log Horizon)
Director of Photography: Katsuto Ogawa (Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara.)
CGI Director: Masato Takahashi (Macross F)
Editing: Mutsumi Takemiya (Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai: Under the Innocent Sky.)
Music: Shinji Orito (Air), Maiko Iuchi (Toaru Majutsu no Index), Soushi Hosoi (Onegai☆Twins), Ryou Mizutsuki (Little Busters!: Refrain), Jun Maeda (Angel Beats!)
Music Production: Visual Art's
Sound Production: Magic Capsule
Studio: 8bit

PV 2

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanApr 2, 2016 7:36 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 1, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2015
AH. THE VN's OST. THE PV. I LOVE IT. The character designs gave me the Little Busters vibe, which is a good thing. Now 2-cour please.
ReverberateApr 1, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 1, 2016 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
Grisaia was horrible, so I bet this will be bad as well. Same studio, same director.
''Hayao Miyazaki was a mistake''
-Anime
Apr 1, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2007

RIP project. Before it even started airing.
Apr 1, 2016 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
Simplo said:
Grisaia was horrible, so I bet this will be bad as well. Same studio, same director.

You beat me to it. I am not sure I will be watching this one after this announcement.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 1, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
The art doesn't look that bad. It actually fits for the comedy scenes, but I'm worried how it would go for the intense ones.

They kind of kept the OST which was nice.

Not gonna lie, KOTAROU MY BABY IN ANIME ITS TOO CUTE.

Though I have to say the designs are a little moe-esque but its considered fine I suppose.
Apr 1, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
Simplo said:

You beat me to it. I am not sure I will be watching this one after this announcement.

To be honest they have some interviews and there's slight of a little hope for this series in a sense.
Apr 1, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
Is this like this generation's Clannad? Them eyes...

The staff don't look very prolific. And character designs look pretty dull. I wonder if it will be a good adaption...
Apr 1, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
With the right budget, this thing will be great.
Apr 1, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
Fai said:

Tensho is a Key fanboy though.
I don't think he'd want a Key work to die in his hands.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 1, 2016 11:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Why is it 8-bit. Just fucking why?
Apr 1, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
https://twitter.com/tensho_tw/status/715931215140761600

Director just confirmed that anime will contain anime original route, developed a supervised by Romeo and Kai.

At least they wont ruin the VN this way with rushed shit
Apr 1, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
>8bit

Lel good luck Key fans
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
Phew these designs are bland af. the usual VN aesthetic
Hope the show doesn't turn out as bad as Grisaia or Little Busters. Jeez.
Apr 1, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
People forgets that isn't 8Bit who is responsible for all the shit that happens on their adaptations.

Guys, if anything bad happens with this (like 12 episodes count for example) its Aniplex's fault, not 8Bit's.

And lets be serious here: If Grisaia had an 24+ episodes count it would be a pretty much solid adaptation.
Apr 1, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
iNVivO said:
Fai said:

A lot of directors claim to be HUGE FANS yet still end up completely butchering it all (*cough*Takahiro Miura*cough*)

Also, talking about that:
moodie said:

Director just confirmed that anime will contain anime original route, developed a supervised by Romeo and Kai.

Annnd the already non-existent expectations keep plunging down.

HIlariously this is the only key work I was close to giving shit about :/

Murasa22 said:

Guys, if anything bad happens with this (like 12 episodes count for example) its Aniplex's fault, not 8Bit's..

Atsuhiro Iwakami is a known heartless tyrant but some people still manage to do something good inspite of his ever-watchful corporate eyes. And he is not on this project so its mostly 8bit at fault.
AhenshihaelApr 1, 2016 11:46 AM
Apr 1, 2016 11:43 AM

Dec 2013
My best bet for this year, i'm expecting a lot of this anime ><
Apr 1, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
Murasa22 said:
People forgets that isn't 8Bit who is responsible for all the shit that happens on their adaptations.

Guys, if anything bad happens with this (like 12 episodes count for example) its Aniplex's fault, not 8Bit's.

And lets be serious here: If Grisaia had an 24+ episodes count it would be a pretty much solid adaptation.
Nonono it's clearly always the studios fault, haven't you learned? It's not the producers, who decide the budget and essentially the episode counts, faults. It's the studios!
moodie said:

Now this worries me...an original route? I wonder how well this will turn out...it better be Yoshino's route.

Well regardless, I'll go in with semi expectations, I guess.
Apr 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
And, as is to be expected, so much butthurt over 8bit. Just give it a rest already. Grisaia was ages ago and some people still can't get over it.

PV looks pretty damn good, actually. I'm very excited for this.
Apr 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
iNVivO said:

A lot of directors claim to be HUGE FANS yet still end up completely butchering it all (*cough*Takahiro Miura*cough*)

moodie said:

Annnd the already non-existent expectations keep plunging down.

HIlariously this is the only key work I was close to giving shit about :/

Murasa22 said:

Guys, if anything bad happens with this (like 12 episodes count for example) its Aniplex's fault, not 8Bit's..

Atsuhiro Iwakami is a known heartless tyrant but some people still manage to do something good inspite of his ever-watchful corporate eyes. And he is not on this project so its mostly 8bit at fault.

Ugh, everybody keeps spreading this nonsense about an "original route" and it's not true. They've already said in interviews that they're staying as true to the game's story as possible. What Tensho's ACTUALLY saying in this tweet is that there's some sort of anime original development within the plot (likely to make the heroine routes actually work). Even in the dengeki interview Romeo said that they're making adjustments to allow each heroine their time to shine. They're not going down an "original route".
Apr 1, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
Fai said:

moodie said:

It's original scenario but not route.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
This will be rushed butchered adaptation for sure.

R.I.P. Rewrite fans.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
iNVivO said:
Fai said:

It's original scenario but not route.

Same thing. Actually even worse.
Apr 1, 2016 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Everyone please read TakeMeInYourArmys post plx
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 1, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

Ugh, everybody keeps spreading this nonsense about an "original route" and it's not true. They've already said in interviews that they're staying as true to the game's story as possible. What Tensho's ACTUALLY saying in this tweet is that there's some sort of anime original development within the plot (likely to make the heroine routes actually work). Even in the dengeki interview Romeo said that they're making adjustments to allow each heroine their time to shine. They're not going down an "original route".

This is exactly what I expected was meant by that tweet, but of course everyone just jumps on the hate bandwagon regardless. If I could pin posts so that everyone would read them before jumping on the hate bandwagon, this would be the one I pin. In fact, I'm bolding it just so that people might actuall bother to read it before reacting negatively to this talk of an "original route/scenario".
Apr 1, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2007
StardustNyako said:

Again it makes it worse.

AT least with AO route the fanbase(it has a fanbase right?) could excuse innacuracies.

What they said is basically "yeah we will go off-canon at various points in time to adapt this deal with it"
Apr 1, 2016 12:49 PM
Jun 2015
I hope Lia does the OP
Apr 1, 2016 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:
I hope Lia does the OP

I don't think Lia would do it. Usually when they make their Openings they usually just just make a re-arrangement to the Openings of their source materials.
Apr 1, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
StardustNyako said:

Again it makes it worse.

AT least with AO route the fanbase(it has a fanbase right?) could excuse innacuracies.

What they said is basically "yeah we will go off-canon at various points in time to adapt this deal with it"

How pessimistic are you, man? We all knew this was going to be the case. Making small changes is perfectly fine, and is usually how you deal with stuff like this. If you were expecting some perfect 1:1 adaptation that has no changes, and is straight to how the VN was, then you're out of your mind, man. With an original route, we would have to deal with a story that's barely an adaptation and probably nowhere near as good seeing as what made Rewrite so good was Romeo and he's only supervising. This is probably the most logical decision. All you're doing is just going out of your way to see this in the most negative way imaginable.
Apr 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Fai said:

Again it makes it worse.

How pessimistic are you, man? We all knew this was going to be the case. Making small changes is perfectly fine, and is usually how you deal with stuff like this. If you were expecting some perfect 1:1 adaptation that has no changes, and is straight to how the VN was, then you're out of your mind, man. With an original route, we would have to deal with a story that's barely an adaptation and probably nowhere near as good seeing as what made Rewrite so good was Romeo and he's only supervising. This is probably the most logical decision. All you're doing is just going out of your way to see this in the most negative way imaginable.

I have no interest in whether this is faithful or not since I never read the VN.

The thing is - you would not say THAT if it was just small changes. The fact that they need to STATE that implies there will be major changes to fit the content into the show
And the studio and director in question has very poor precedent over that.

Also the authors can be involved with an adaptation and the adaptation can still turn out to be shit. "Supervising" is mostly a PR role since you can be overridden in the decisions everywhere.

Also not pessimistic - just setting expectations accordingly.Majority of vn adaptations in last year or two were shit. And statements like that do not increase confidence. Especially with production staff like that and studio like that.
Apr 1, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

I have no interest in this since I never read the VN.

The thing is - you would not say THAT if it was just small changes. The fact that they need to STATE that implies there will be major changes to fit the content into the show

Also the authors can be involved with an adaptation and the adaptation can still turn out to be shit.

Anyone who's played the VN would know that there would have to be bigger changes to actually make it work as an anime. Even without it being by 8-bit, people would be skeptical about it as an anime because it's borderline unadaptable. And yes, just because Romeo's involved doesn't mean it'll be good, but it's not completely pointless and it's possible his involvement (along with Kai's) will have an effect on the quality.

Honestly, I don't see why you're even commenting on it when you haven't even played the game. If you did, you'd understand why the idea of making some changes to make it work really isn't as big of a deal as it sounds. It's what's needed to make it work as an anime.
Apr 1, 2016 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
Fai said:
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

I have no interest in whether this is faithful or not since I never read the VN.

Also the authors can be involved with an adaptation and the adaptation can still turn out to be shit. "Supervising" is mostly a PR role since you can be overridden in the decisions everywhere.

Also not pessimistic - just setting expectations accordingly.Majority of vn adaptations in last year or two were shit. And statements like that do not increase confidence. Especially with production staff like that and studio like that.

UBW was amazing *flies away*
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2015
The visuals were such a let down ;_;
But everything else is still promising.

The word "original development" giving me shivers. I hope they do not mess this up!

Didn't need the subs to understand what Kotarou said:

I'm going to re do everything again,
And this time...., I'm going to do it better!
Apr 1, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
TakeMeInYourArmy said:

Honestly, I don't see why you're even commenting on it when you haven't even played the game. If you did, you'd understand why the idea of making some changes to make it work really isn't as big of a deal as it sounds. It's what's needed to make it work as an anime.

Why am I commenting on the announcement of the production staff which involves mostly people known for messing up things? Maybe because its a news article about a project I am interested in.

The director has not done anything of note except Grisaia. And we all know how that went.
Its also brought by the studio that created such hits as Infinite Strators, Aquarion Evol, Comet Lucifer and some hentai.
There's every precedent to worry or be "pessimistic" about comments like that when pedigree like that is involved. It has almost as many red flags as announcing that Mari Okada would have full control over a script in something.
Apr 1, 2016 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
Fai said:

I have no interest in this since I never read the VN.

Also the authors can be involved with an adaptation and the adaptation can still turn out to be shit.

Anyone who's played the VN would know that there would have to be bigger changes to actually make it work as an anime. Even without it being by 8-bit, people would be skeptical about it as an anime because it's borderline unadaptable. And yes, just because Romeo's involved doesn't mean it'll be good, but it's not completely pointless and it's possible his involvement (along with Kai's) will have an effect on the quality.

Playing the game makes one realize how much harder it actually is to freaking adapt this into an anime. I won't spoil much, but the routes are literally written in a way that you cannot incorporate them unless you skip them and go straight for the true route. That alone is also a really bad idea because the whole concept behind locked routes in a game is because players are supposed to have played the previous routes already.

Clannad was an example of game where a anime adaption worked out alright for it. It only worked that way because of how the routes are written in it making it easy to blend and high the best moments. The exceptions were Kyou and Tomoyo's routes where they ended up being made in OVAs. Rewrite has every route literally like that.

sanata50lbsb said:
Fai said:

UBW was amazing *flies away*

Do I even want to list everything about why UBW was bad?
This sure is an amazing signature!
Apr 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Oct 2012
The PV looks quite ugly I have to say. Lots of bland, washed out colours and overly simplified designs. But I love Rewrite too much so I can't just not watch it at this stage and I will enjoy every moment of the common route regardless of changes made or poor animation or anything, though my expectations will be kept very low for anything after that. I think Romeo is a competent guy that knows what he's doing in terms of adding a new scenario in, but the guys handling the script? Oh boy. Well, I personally don't mind the anime being changed around a bit as a 1:1 adaptation was never going to feel right, but I hope it's not lazily done.
Apr 1, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Koybz said:
The PV looks quite ugly I have to say. Lots of bland, washed out colours and overly simplified designs. But I love Rewrite too much so I can't just not watch it at this stage, though my expectations will be kept very low. I think Romeo is a competent guy that knows what he's doing in terms of adding a new scenario in, but the guys handling the script? Oh boy. Well, I personally don't mind the anime being changed around a bit as a 1:1 adaptation was never going to feel right, but I hope it's not lazily done.

Well, it was probably all from episode 1 or something , so it's quite early to judge the art. But what we were given to see is average/decent, no doubt.

About the script thing; it said in a previous interview from December that the script writers frequently consulted Romeo while composing the script and asking his about his input, so I think it'll be just fine.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Lowering expectations to nonexistent
Apr 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
If it's not 2 cours, I'm reading the VN. Already got it on my computer here but I've been lazy to read it.
Apr 1, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
Koybz said:
The PV looks quite ugly I have to say. Lots of bland, washed out colours and overly simplified designs. But I love Rewrite too much so I can't just not watch it at this stage, though my expectations will be kept very low. I think Romeo is a competent guy that knows what he's doing in terms of adding a new scenario in, but the guys handling the script? Oh boy. Well, I personally don't mind the anime being changed around a bit as a 1:1 adaptation was never going to feel right, but I hope it's not lazily done.

Well, it was probably all from episode 1 or something , so it's quite early to judge the art. But what we were given to see is average/decent, no doubt.

About the script thing; it said in a previous interview from December that the script writers frequently consulted Romeo while composing the script and asking his about his input, so I think it'll be just fine.

I don't know, two script writers just screams trainwreck to me (neither of which have done anything decent), though if Romeo can keep them in check then that'd be great for all of us. The funny thing about the art-style is that I found the animation to be really fluid and nice to look at, but it's unfortunately brought down by the overall art direction in my opinion. It won't affect my enjoyment or anything, I was just a little disappointed by how the anime looked in the end (I guess my expectations were set a little too high with White Fox's designs), but I will be disappointed if the action scene's look as cheap as the PV.
Apr 1, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
To be perfectly honest, this looks like complete horse shit. This looks and sound like a generic harem series we see every season. I also hate those type of moe big I looking character design.

With that all said and done, I wont judge a book by its cover, plus this series seems to be really hype up for the summer season. Hopefully this series will turn out great. Going to come into this with low expectation of course.
Apr 1, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
it will suck
poor Key fans
Apr 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
To be perfectly honest, this looks like complete horse shit. This looks and sound like a generic harem series we see every season. I also hate those type of moe big I looking character design.

With that all said and done, I wont judge a book by its cover, plus this series seems to be really hype up for the summer season. Hopefully this series will turn out great. Going to come into this with low expectation of course.

I can see why it looks like that on the surface. But I appreciate you have that mindset. It's really hard to explain why it's not a generic harem without spoiling anything. Actually, in reality, the story doesn't even feature any of those generic harem elements at all. It just so happens that there's 5 female leads.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2015
Haven't read the VN so I guess I won't be disappointed or surprised by any changes since I don't even know what's this about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2009
Hahahaha, YES.

8bit + Grisaia staff. This will be completely horrible and will enjoy every second of it.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 1, 2016 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
keragamming said:

I can see why it looks like that on the surface. But I appreciate you have that mindset. It's really hard to explain why it's not a generic harem without spoiling anything. Actually, in reality, the story doesn't even feature any of those generic harem elements at all. It just so happens that there's 5 female leads.

Yep, I have to have that mindset. I don't want to shit on it and then it turns out to be good. Got to give it a fair chance.
Apr 1, 2016 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Hahahaha, YES.

8bit + Grisaia staff. This will be completely horrible and will enjoy every second of it.

lel the only returning staff is the director and art director. the rest are fresh.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Apr 1, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Yep, I have to have that mindset. I don't want to shit on it and then it turns out to be good. Got to give it a fair chance.

I think a good way of calming your doubts is to say that the main writer has stated many times that he's not interested in writing school harems at all. Every time he's come close to writing one, he's gone on to subvert it in some way (his main work pretty much being the Evangelion of VNs). Not to say this is going to be the most mind-blowing, artistic piece of genius ever conceived, but it's a hell of a lot better than Key's other stuff. Romeo himself actually has trouble finding work now entirely because of the fact that he's trying to write stuff different to what you'd normally find in the medium. Guy's pretty much a genius writer in Otaku culture.
Apr 1, 2016 2:12 PM

May 2012
Simplo said:

Grisaia was so good specially the ova and 2nd season

NaturalPerm said:

Hope the show doesn't turn out as bad as Grisaia or Little Busters. Jeez.

I hope it is as good as Grisaia

Little Busters is boring, I dropped it after 2 episodes

Fai said:

LOL !! Grisaia OVA and 2nd season are both rated above 8 in MAL, so majority people do not agree with you

What is wrong with 8 bit ?! They have a lot of good anime and bad anime just like any other studio.
thepathApr 1, 2016 2:29 PM
Apr 1, 2016 2:19 PM

Sep 2013
8-Bit seem pretty good at times and so long as Yoshino's there it should be entertaining. By all means, Rewrite could do with some it's fat trimmed off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.