Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I thought it was okay, a lot of characters though on the bus and we got introduction by each of them from the beginning. The glasses guy has most of the attention on the road so far with his energy.

I got a thrilling feeling from the first episode with the bus on the road at night. It just sets up for a bad vibe to approach soon. The OP song is okay, not too well animated but has some catchy tones. I can't get out of that song they were singing when it was raining

I think I like that Lion kid the most so far. Not liking that bus driver much though. I think the show has potential. ED theme song is kinda nice.
Apr 1, 2016 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
Man, that was one long introduction of each one of the characters. This has that eerie feel about it like a proper suspense show, and has that similarity with Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider in its atmosphere. The driver seems very pessimistic about their decision to start off their lives from scratch, and shows his anger towards them and they got in an accident lol. Just one ep and a ship is already set for sailing :3. A good amount of insights into the characters already. OP has already premiered. That song about Hippopotamus played inside the bus though~

She seemed creepy at first.
Apr 1, 2016 7:06 AM

Feb 2016
karlstein12 said:
Man, that was one long introduction of each one of the characters. This has that eerie feel about it like a proper suspense show, and has that similarity with Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider in its atmosphere. The driver seems very pessimistic about their decision to start off their lives from scratch, and shows his anger towards them and they got in an accident lol. Just one ep and a ship is already set for sailing :3. A good amount of insights into the characters already. OP has already premiered. That song about Hippopotamus played inside the bus though~

She seemed creepy at first.
Was it good? I mean, is it worth watching? I'm really hyped for this one!
I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`▭´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Apr 1, 2016 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
OP

Lol there's really a lots of characters in this one. Let's see where this goes.
EasyGo-erApr 1, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 1, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
It wasn't too bad, has a lot of promise imo. I'm interested in what they plan to do with so many characters (honestly i was expecting a death by the end of the episode)

Honestly my favourites so far would be Naana (beanie girl) and the guy with the mohawk that said life is survival.
Apr 1, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
The opening is really gud. It gave me some kind of Danganronpa/Another feel but I don't think someone will die here.
Apr 1, 2016 10:29 AM
Sep 2014
Anybody can help me with the lyric? I want to know the lyric so bad because its the first opening of anime in this season i hear :\
Apr 1, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
The art/atmosphere reminded me of Another but no one died and seems like nobody will.
Can't get that hippopotamus song out of my head.
Apr 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2015
That song was creepy af lol. Pretty strange feel this one gives off. I like it so far.
Apr 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
i don't think there will be some horror in this anime. well, there is no horror tag in the genre too......
this episode was interesting to me. i really like the thrill. and i'm guessing this anime will talk about life. something like death parade. but obviously, after i saw the pv for the next episode, i doubt there will be some horror stuff, something like murder or other stuff like that....i really doubt that will happen. i hope that to happen but.....

OP song was good, i like it. i like the ED song more than the OP.
looking foward for the next episode.
good cliffhanger btw :)
Apr 1, 2016 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
a very interesting anime, each character keeps a past that does not want to reveal. a rather slow and quite intriguing first chapter
Apr 1, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Seems promising. I really enjoyed this episode.
Apr 1, 2016 3:24 PM
Sep 2015
Too much names to remember @_@
Apr 1, 2016 3:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty interesting start. That is indeed a lot of characters, so hopefully a lot of them get fleshed out. Seems like we'll know more about these characters (and that itself is a mystery)

4/5
Apr 1, 2016 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
kirisakitrash said:
The opening is really gud. It gave me some kind of Danganronpa/Another feel but I don't think someone will die here.

I think that is like this series.

to start I feel it will be an entertaining series. I already like the ost and a little design. Which characters are handled seems funny nicknames; especially 3 yunna. When Masaki shot toward the front of the bus, I thought that would cross the windshield being the first victim.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 1, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder who had the great idea to introduce 30 characters in the very first episode... Anyways, it looks promising so I'll keep watching it. Nice episode and premise.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 1, 2016 6:27 PM
Jul 2015
In their hands is exploiting the thrilling mood they created or make this show a complete mess.

But it is undeniable that they catched my interest.

Apr 1, 2016 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Bokurano handled a large cast well

Im not too worried with this
Apr 1, 2016 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
Wow a lot of introductions... Definitely had a very creepy atmosphere. Especially the bomb scene, was kinda disturbing? I disliked that main boy, btw. Overly optimistic and naive characters aren't exactly my type. Lovely ending song btw.
Apr 1, 2016 6:49 PM

Dec 2014
Strangely it feels like Tsutomu Mizushima had all the control making Mari Okada's presence almost no where to be found, at least it's not as dense and thick as Selector Infected WIXOSS or M3, which is a good thing, my god what a pain to sit through those two.

It was quite hilarious watching Mizushima's awkward humor goes head to head with the uneasy and thrilling tone they tried to create. All characters are 'colorful', sharp and easy to identify (which is a good thing), definitely not relatable or sympathetic because they aren't going for, you know, being too serious, you only have one season so some of them are pretty disposable, I hope it's not too predictable still have to say. It's probably wise to treat it as a silly drama. Why so serious? We had Blood-C and Another, do you really want a third time?

Silent Hill! SILENT HILL!
raveninthemuddleApr 1, 2016 7:00 PM
Apr 1, 2016 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
Hm, I liked a bit to be quite honest. Some characters are "funny" , not to mention others are a bit crazy. It gives a really creepy feeling overall.

Will watch it.
Apr 1, 2016 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
Got my attention. Seems very psychological and kinda reminded me of the movie "identity" which I love! Wouldn't be surprised if they all turn out to be one person with 30 split personalities
Btw is that song they sang real or did the show make it up? The lyrics seemed interesting
Raz1515Apr 1, 2016 7:23 PM
Apr 1, 2016 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
That was an amazing first episode!
This has a lot of potential!
Apr 1, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty crazy first episode. Tons of characters thrown at us, and the only one I remember by name is Lion. XD That song was creepy, feels like they're in a cult or something. The bus driver made some decent points...then went crazy. XD We've arrived at our ominous destination. Why do I get the feeling plenty of these characters are gonna get killed off in spectacularly gruesome ways? XD
animefan8800Apr 1, 2016 7:21 PM
Apr 1, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty decent first start.

The song felt disturbing (the lyrics)
The character introductions were fast but that's fine I guess.
The aspects are kind of here and there and it feels pretty fucked up.
I like it but at the same time it's like I'n pessimistic about it.
Apr 1, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2015
Im loving this show already. There are a lot of characters but im already liking most of them. I have a feeling i will like Lovepon or Lion the best. And seriously these names are dumb. Like why Lovepon? Also had some funny moments. There was also hints that this might be something more psychological,which im all up for. And was anybody else happy when she threw up on the bus driver? He had it coming
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 1, 2016 7:28 PM

Jul 2015
This was a solid first episode, with good pacing and a grapplingly eerie atmosphere. Like others mentioned already, Mayoiga seems to bear some similarities to Another and Bokurano in terms of the character cast. Hopefully it'll deliver an equally thrilling show, or better. Out of all the characters I probably like the carsick girl the most, her weird neurosis was adorable. I hope she actually has a foresight ability, and that she gets to use it. The main character Mitsumune was pretty alright too. He already seems like the kind that's cheery on the surface but lost on the inside [insert Linkin Park music]

I didn't care much or the OP and ED. The art was bland especially in the ED, and the songs sounded like your average jpop/jrock. Maybe they'll grow on me slowly.
Apr 1, 2016 7:33 PM

Nov 2014
I bet this will be like Corpse Party or Another later. I can't wait for all of them to get decapitated or something.

mizukasaApr 1, 2016 7:49 PM
Apr 1, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2015
Interesting cast and backgrounds; two main characters seem decent, and there's already a few others that are standing out a lot. OP/ED are okay. I'm liking the ost and the overall mood of this so far though.
Apr 1, 2016 7:37 PM

Jan 2015
Lion seems like she'll be a fan favorite.

A lot of characters introduced....wonder what's going to happen with this village thing. At least the creepy vibe is held throughout.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 1, 2016 7:37 PM

Apr 2014
All the songs they were singing were creepy yet fitting with the tone of the anime

The characters are quite interesting. I like the suspenseful atmosphere and can't wait to learn the backstories of all the characters

Best Character

OrangeJPApr 1, 2016 7:43 PM

Apr 1, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
Was pretty good. I liked some of the characters more than others, but I suspect (read: hope) that there will be a rather extensive thinning of the heard in the coming episodes, so to speak. The whole thing had a suitably eerie vibe I thought, and Mitsumune as an annoyingly cheery guy with evidently massive emotional trauma was interesting.

Also, Lion is my favorite. I'm so predictable.
Apr 1, 2016 7:40 PM

Jul 2014
A loooooooooooot of characters in this one. Soundtrack and OP were great.

I hope they start killing each other soon.
Apr 1, 2016 7:42 PM

Aug 2015
I have a lot of hope for this. Lots of people are already getting worried due to the amount of characters, bu the director of the show also directed Shirbako, and that was amazing and had tons of characters. Mari Okada's writing style isn't too prevalent yet, maybe because of the large cast and the fact that it's only been one episode. Overall, a pretty good start that has plenty of potential for later episodes.
Apr 1, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2014
This seems interesting, the characters all have a screw loose.

But holy shit? How man characters was that? Too many

Favorite one is Valkana. Dude has a problem with everyone :D
Apr 1, 2016 7:43 PM
Jun 2015
The first episode felt kind of creepy, it kind of reminded me of Subete ga F ni Naru a bit.
Apr 1, 2016 7:44 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This made me curious of Nanaki Village the entire time I watched this episode, this also felt creepy, hope this wouldn't turn into something stupid, I'm hoping this to be great.

Seems that girl with the motion sickness is a main girl here

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 1, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2015
VanishingKira said:
Introduction episode,characters will probably start dying left and right in the coming episodes.

Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):

Apr 1, 2016 7:48 PM

Nov 2014
It took about 5 minutes just to introduce everyone. A lot of stereotypes. Masaki's quirkiness is interesting.

The idea of migrating to a hidden village where people can start over and live their dreams has potential, but I didn't really feel much in the first episode.

It didn't make any sense for everyone to still try to cooperate with the bus driver after he went nuts and almost killed them.

I'll give it another episode, but I might end up passing on this.

3/5
Apr 1, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2014
I have a prediction:
Apr 1, 2016 7:52 PM

Mar 2013
It seems they introduced each character to build attachment to the characters but it's already been stated several times that character deaths are more than likely going to be inevitable.

Looking forward to the coming episodes.
Happy Halloween
Apr 1, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2014
Lion a qt.

Pretty decent job introducing the characters. In the OP the cast was put into groups so we can expect something like a battle royale to occur. It was also pretty obvious who the main hero and heroine are. As for the ED, I wonder if it's going to be 3 different persons per episode (which gives us 36 characters so I'm most likely wrong, unless some are repeated).

Also,
VanishingKira said:

Key visuals already basically spoiled who lives and who dies (as if it ain't fairly obvious):
Apr 1, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2014
Wow Its going to take some time to get use to the large cast... well it might not even be worth it if they start dropping like flies.

Aside: Hold up were they singing a variation of Solomon and Grundy?
Apr 1, 2016 7:57 PM

Apr 2015
Oh! I got "Another" vibes with this. I sense like we'll be having deaths every episode. Hope my heart can handle the "scare".
#CHEXIT
Apr 1, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2014
This anime is promising. I love the atmosphere and setting, it reminds me of the horror anime I love! Can't wait to see more.
Apr 1, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2014
Watched the subbed version, and I feel it was a terrific pilot. We already have insights to most of the characters but it will be very interesting to see how things take a turn in the future. Loved the intense back ground music which was used to perfection, good execution of the episode, felt smooth all the way through. Great OP, already in love with it. I agree its not the best of the visuals for the OP and ED but I like to think this as one of those shows which puts a lot of focus in the development of the plot than anything else, so its good that we have the OP and ED out already and out of the way. One to look forward all season. This could just be the break Diomedea needs to be identified as one of the top tier studios in the industry.
Apr 1, 2016 8:21 PM

May 2008
This felt very suspenseful-ish. can't wait for next episode~
Apr 1, 2016 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
It has my interest now it needs to not mess it up. I also hope they get to their destination soon and the whole series isn't just them making their way there. Though the ending makes it seem like they'll be there next episode.
Apr 1, 2016 8:29 PM

Apr 2015
Finally got subs.

Hmmm... Need to watch more before deciding. Not a huge Mari Okada fan but this show has potential. It didn't feel very creepy but then again, nothing major happened. I like the characters and concept but worry about how it'll play out.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Apr 1, 2016 8:31 PM

Sep 2015
I'm not the only person who wishes the hippopotamus song was the OP right? ...Right?
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.