Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 29, 2015 1:00 AM

Jul 2014
Eh, just recently started this show, is it me or satoru is being affected by the death feedback? Hence sweating and tired and all.
How do I signature?
Oct 24, 2015 12:09 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder how this will continue thru the eps
Oct 24, 2015 3:38 PM

Aug 2012
Hopefully this war is going to end soon, I want the team to get back together

Kiayin said:
Satoru doesn't seem to have any problems killing hundreds of sentient beings when he could have easily avoided them. Hopefully he starts developing a personality soon and his actions haunt him for the rest of the show. Or he goes insane. So far this anime has been all about things happening with zero to little consequences.

lol this sounds so naive
Oct 24, 2015 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kiayin said:
Satoru doesn't seem to have any problems killing hundreds of sentient beings when he could have easily avoided them. Hopefully he starts developing a personality soon and his actions haunt him for the rest of the show. Or he goes insane. So far this anime has been all about things happening with zero to little consequences.

well
children who sometimes use glasses to burn ants are also not really haunted by this :D
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 1, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
Smooki said:

well
children who sometimes use glasses to burn ants are also not really haunted by this :D

They were clearly shown to have human-like intelligence. I haven't finished the show but it's not hard to tell where this is going. It's been done before... :/

alpir said:
lol this sounds so naive

It's difficult for me to tell what you mean unless you expand on that comment. I can easily believe an innocent child would be able to perpetuate such atrocities due to sheer ignorance and a number of other reasons - humans have been abusing their own kind due to perceived 'differences' throughout history. That doesn't mean I can't wish for him to snap out of it, since it's not a very compelling trait when it comes to a show's main character unless the creators take the time to develop said character properly. I can't see that happening here.
KiayinNov 1, 2015 7:55 PM
。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 。 *
Jan 21, 2016 9:21 AM

Sep 2015
I don't know what to think right now... The show started pretty strong but the last episode and this one felt so "meh". This whole war against those creatures... :/
Feb 19, 2016 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
It's not even your fight so stop fighting for those rats, they look dodgy as fuck.
Feb 24, 2016 7:16 PM

Aug 2014
This is going too fast, I prefer the slower pacing that was in the first 5 episodes it suits the series much more.
Anyway, Great Episode.
Mar 18, 2016 5:46 AM

May 2015
Don't really understand how Satorou got his power back, and I'm not really jiving with this rat storyline
Mar 31, 2016 3:43 PM
Aug 2015
Wow, it was like Satoru was possessed the whole episode. What was the point of the part in the beginning where Saki sees the false minoshiro and the naked Shun?
Apr 1, 2016 5:58 AM
May 2012
arikryu said:
Wow, it was like Satoru was possessed the whole episode. What was the point of the part in the beginning where Saki sees the false minoshiro and the naked Shun?

That was so trippy man ahahaha. Is she now falling in love with Satoru.
Apr 30, 2016 8:55 AM

Dec 2015
Like some other people here, I liked the first creepy atmospheric episodes better, I don't really care about the war or the action scenes.

hiraeth_soul said:
Don't really understand how Satorou got his power back, and I'm not really jiving with this rat storyline

It has already been explained in this thread, but here:

Saki and Satoru revealed each other mantra back in school, Satoru didn't learned Saki's mantra but Saki did. Now in the cave, Satoru was in a weak state which Saki took advantage of to say his mantra. That way Satoru's Cantus is unlocked. When everyone's Cantus was sealed by the monk they themselves forgot their own mantra, so Saki can't tell her mantra to Satoru, and in any case the mantra thing was only possible since Satoru was tripping.

I hope you understood!
RuemiaApr 30, 2016 9:05 AM
Aug 19, 2016 8:11 PM

Mar 2015
Meh and slow episode -_-

2.1/5
Sep 13, 2016 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
The animation is glorious. I'm also taking a liking to Satoru.

Though the story is pretty bland and generic, I'm not sure why the 8.5 score.

Also, I feel like they're killing the wrong pack... might've been just me.

Sep 27, 2016 11:11 PM

Jun 2016
This show is doing the bare minimum to keep me interested, mostly because my eyeballs are getting assaulted by these damn critters.

2/5 episode, and if this doesn't pick up soon it's going to visit the dropped gutter.
Oct 12, 2016 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
This episode went a long way towards making up for episode 5. I wonder if the other kids will get their powers back as well?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 2, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
I got a really bad feeling about this.

Something is up with this "war" they are fighting.
Nov 10, 2016 10:43 PM
Jul 2015
There is something very unengaging about that show. Very poor directing, poor characters, inconsistant animation quality and weird OST.

It doesn't have anything special going for it so far and I'm starting to lose interest. This feels more and more like your typical teenage "deep" show, a whole lot of cool ideas flying around that doesn't get solidified into something cohesive and compelling.
hi
Feb 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Feb 2016
That escalated quickly. I think the animal military engagements were creative, from reading the comments, I'm clearly in the minority.

Nothing extraordinary but at least a break from watching uninteresting kids playing out uninteresting school tasks throwing out stories, plain slice of life with a sprinkle of rainbow on top.

The first five episode were BORRRRING.... clearly not my cuppa tea when some people wanted to go back to that.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jun 13, 2017 11:27 PM

Sep 2014
Gotta get back. Back to the others. Back to Safety. Ep 6.

Plot: Saki and Satoru survive the dangers and are left stranded. After experiencing her first LSD, she recalls learning Satoru's mantra for his powers and repeating the process from Rijin, she restores his abilities. Unfortunately they're not out of the woods yet and even with Squear leading them, they run afoul of enemies galore.

Character: It seems like things took a step back this time. Saki, after restoring Satoru's powers, seems oddly passive now. She gets in Squear's grill about the enemies but doesn't try to rein in Satoru. Maybe from fear and the knowledge she learned? THough she is better at finding attacks better than the rest.

Satoru's asshole tendencies are rising after his power comes back. Power corrupts man.

Animation/sound: Da fuck was up with that LSD dream/Sex dream of Shun? Seriously what was that?

3/5. Not as good as what came before but interesting. Especially in regards to Saki's use of the purify chant to fix Satoru. DOes this mean it doesn't matter who it is as long as they do the chant and know the Mantra?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 28, 2017 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was crazy good loved the atmosphere.

Satoru got his Cantus back and showed a bit of a sadistic side of his and due to the fact that he had to use his power without resting he is pretty exhausted. Saki is worried that the rats could find out that she can't use her ability.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 31, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2014
Somehow Saki was able to repeat the incantation she heard once earlier word for word, add some new lines to it and miraculously remember Satoru's specific power to give back to him. All while keeping complete composer under this stressful situation. I might be missing something here but if that isn't plot convenience then I don't know what is.

Overall this whole 'war' arc just seems like a contrived way to show Satoru losing his humanity.

Soundtrack's good though.
Sep 14, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2009
OK so, what the heck was that at the beginning O_O I'm a little confused as to how Saki returned Satoru's powers back to him, I'm guessing it had to do with the fire ritual thingy? I don't really remember that lol XD Anyway I still don't understand why they are helping the queerats really, the Spider guys are obviously way stronger and Satoru is starting to weaken from using his powers so much. Plus it seems as though his personality has changed too - from the ritual or what? Well ... either way, not too sure where this is gonna go, unless they want to rage war for the queerats after all ...
Oct 31, 2017 3:06 AM

Jun 2013
The nonsense keeps piling up. Like how Satoru is so much physically stronger than Saki (not talking about the Cantus), even though they're like 12 and the difference in strength between an average boy and girl at that age should be negligible. The battles kind of looked awkward.

RCDK said:
My goodness, I would happily fuck the living hell outta Saki. I'm pretty much at the verge of fapping whenever I see her.

Holy shit lma. MAL, not even once.
Jan 30, 2018 10:05 PM

Jan 2018
Better than episode 5. Inconsistencies may make this show less than what I'd hoped it would be. From disgust/dismay at the idea of humans killing humans a few eps ago to Satoru slaughtering queerats - clearly highly sentient beings - left and right this episode.

I am curious what Squealer will do next. Queerats...
Feb 10, 2018 7:40 PM

Aug 2017
I feel short this episode but it was good, i guess. Lol Satoru is savage. I think that the small creatures are hiding something. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2018 11:42 PM

May 2016
One thing to say is those creatures are really ugly and disgusting.
I still don't trust those who are with Satoru and Saki.
May 9, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
Takana_no_Hana said:
I think this episode is kinda disappointing, so many irrelevant things like how did they get the power back, and tbh this episode was a mess when they suddenly escaped and start slaughtering.
Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back. These animations were poorly done, like those trees flied around seems silly to me. So instead of getting the power to find the other, they chose to use it to wage a war, with silly reasoning like " it's better use for offense". And how Satorou kept being stubborn and said they had no other choices.

I think it's quite obvious that Saki was utilizing a derivative of hypnosis to trick Satoru into thinking that he is at the ritual to once again unlock his psychic powers.
Takana_no_Hana said:
I knew that she returned his mantra back, but the thing I didn't know that she has the power to do so, and why she didn't use it sooner after the monk was killed so she could return everyone's mantra back.

You think she can do hypnosis when a bunch of Queerat enemies are surrounding you and chasing you down to kill you? Yeah, I didn't think so.

They're already knee deep in the Queerats' conflicts. They're absolutely surrounded and they're not familiar with the forest area. How the hell do you expect them to head out and find their friends, much less escape, when they don't even know their right from their left? Their powers are limited to Psychokinesis and Pyrokinesis, not Clairvoyance. They really didn't have any other choice. My God man, use your head.
BofthreeMay 9, 2018 11:04 AM

May 22, 2018 3:01 PM

Feb 2018
Man that was boring. Could the pacing of the show be any worse? 2/5, and from the preview-seems like nothing will happen in next ep either.
Aug 17, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
Did you read the book for Walking with Cavemen?

She was apprehensive when she heard the soft grunts of the dominant female inviting her to approach, but,

not wanting to spend a night in the rain, she took up the offer.

Now it seems that her problems are over;

having gained the dominant female's acceptance, her new life in a new troop can begin.

It is the male who now has to appease the dominant female, and,

smacking his lips together softly, he begins to groom her;

his cold, damp fingers gently searching through her thick, coarse hair.

Dec 17, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2013
Deng... Saki needs to awaken her Cantus before it's too late D:
Jun 27, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
Satoru's complete and utter apathy in massacring sentient beings is pretty odd and out-of-character. I hope it'll be explained, Saki did say he was like a completely different person so it might tie in with that.
Aug 14, 2019 8:08 PM

Aug 2018
Satoru. Must. Die. I intensely dislike that little arrogant puke. Let the rest of the story be about Squealer.
Nov 14, 2019 9:28 PM

Feb 2017
In a world where casual sexual interactions are ingrained in the make-up of psychic people, sharing mantras is the new equivalent to revealing one's privates.
Jan 29, 2020 4:44 AM

Dec 2018
Saki: Satoru, your Cantus is back! Let's get out from here.

Satoru: Lol yeah, let's do this!

No reaction whatsoever from one that's gotten his/her Cantus back, like it's a natural thing that one can get his/her Cantus back. I guess this mean he's still an airhead.

So the purpose of the rule of "don't tell your mantra to each other" is so that one can't revive his/her own Cantus if the monk/priest have revoked the Cantus.

And lastly Satoru could've used his Cantus better than this.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 10, 2020 5:53 AM
Aug 2016
Satoru went a 100% complete change in his personality, from a naughty kid to some war maniac seriously? The plot went complete change also. The most important thing to do is find the others, he can defend himself and Saki with all those trees and heck, he can make things float but he didn't know how to climb on one and escape.

Mar 8, 2020 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
I think this episode is kinda disappointing, so many irrelevant things like how did they get the power back, and tbh this episode was a mess when they suddenly escaped and start slaughtering.

Satorou was a meh, and either was Saki, she spoke some nonsense stuffs then Satorou got the power back. These animations were poorly done, like those trees flied around seems silly to me. So instead of getting the power to find the other, they chose to use it to wage a war, with silly reasoning like " it's better use for offense". And how Satorou kept being stubborn and said they had no other choices.

Stark700 said:

Dat spectral visuals with a naked Satoru strange insight.

that was not satorou, its Shun.

Exactly.
Episode 5 was horrible already.

If the animation was decent, it would be easier to bear these boring substance lacking episodes, but it is not.

Nov 2, 2020 1:09 AM

Jan 2020
Thank god Saki knows the mantra of Satoru. They would've been able to survive unless she did. Their chances of surviving are still low, though. Satoru seems to be really tired after using so much power.

I'm glad that the animation has become great again. I hope it won't become worse again.

QuiGonJon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

I couldnt have put it better.

This kind of attitude, I think, is reasonable considering how young they are. You wouldn't expect them to be really smart and mature, would you? Keep in mind that they are only 12.
IrrelevantGuyNov 2, 2020 1:56 AM
Nov 3, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2017
Better than the previous one. Satoru got his Cantus back after Saki remembered it and activated it (obviously can't remember her own one though and Satoru could not read hers in time so she wont be able to activate it anytime soon), and showed a more sadistic nature to himself when dealing with the creatures. He burned the hell out of himself too when using that much of the power really quickly too. The whole concept of war was really meh to me though, wasn't really interested in that tbh and the anime didn't do a good job in making me care for it. Again, felt like the story was all over the place in my opinion.
Nov 3, 2020 7:21 PM
Apr 2016
Dumb Satoru kissing the ass of escalation-of-commitment fallacy like it's Saki.. Good but annoying episode.
Feb 6, 2022 10:18 AM
Nov 2020
honestly, this was the least interesting episode so far. and those cgi rocks looked kind of terrible.

honestly i'm mostly excited about what happens after this attack thing ends.
Apr 1, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2021
I liked the fight against the rats and Satoru got some development.
Apr 20, 2022 11:44 PM

Dec 2018
if the rats can transform how do they know for sure they didn't transform into the rats guiding them along
Apr 27, 2022 2:43 PM

Jan 2020
Saki is a lot more impressive than she seems to even realize herself. She was beating herself up a bit at the beginning of the series for being the last to awaken to her Cantus, but she clearly has a high amount of both intelligence and empathy compared to the other kids. Too bad she was forced to unseal Satoru's powers and couldn't find a work around to unseal her own.

Meanwhile, Satoru Anakin over here trying to act like he's a big boy and just wasting his strength indiscriminately because reasons. It wouldn't have hurt to be a little more conservative with his powers so he wouldn't have burned himself out so quick.

Hopefully Saki isn't walking into a trap though. At this point as long as she makes it to the end of the anime I could care less about any of the other kids.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 22, 2022 12:16 PM
Oct 2019
Satoru annoyed me a little this ep. I mean yeah it was badass how he wiped the Feral Spiders out but he got way in over his head and over exerts himself.

Also Squealer is kinda sus. They did say they can change forms, how do we know that’s not a fake Squealer
Apr 12, 2023 3:48 AM

Feb 2014
Sorry but those creatures annoys me lol
Jul 23, 2023 9:39 AM

Jul 2022
I loved this episode. Probably best one so far. Saki giving back his power was so hype.. I guess she can't have the same mantra power as him, but she probably would have to be a little hypnotized as well to imagine flames and stuff to make this ritual work on her too. Really good episode 
Dec 18, 2023 11:33 AM

Mar 2018
the little queerats with the big ass heads are cool
hello hello
Dec 27, 2023 5:00 PM

Sep 2017
I swear the anime and characters just get more and more annoying each episode
خ
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.