Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2011
Drumrug said:
Tyrel said:
Does it? Never looked at hummingbird tbh.

It doesn't

It really doesn't. It's more like a half assed IMDB clone.
Mar 31, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2015
Drumrug said:
Tyrel said:
Does it? Never looked at hummingbird tbh.

It doesn't

*the recs I mean
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 31, 2016 12:18 AM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Normal sites use a beta layout to test the complete revamp before putting it online... just saying...

i also said that many times, and Kineta even said that MAL have a testing site but its just not working as intended from the looks of it because seriously how many updates on MAL now have been like this when people complain of site update that is not fully functioning as intended on the first release? so ye like always this is a work in progress again

>MAL have a testing site but its just not working as intended from the looks of it

> its just not working as intended

>testing site

AND THIS IS SOMEHOW NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM?!
Jesus, how fucking incompetent do you have to be.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 31, 2016 12:20 AM

Jul 2008
Oh no, not this crap again.
First was the search box which now is pretty annoying to use: before you had first the search box and then the dropdown to select the type of search, I used to start typing in the box, hit tab key to move to the drop down at right, select with the arrows for type of search and hit enter.
Now you have to type in the search box and then hit shift+tab to move to the previous element (the dropdown) at the left, select your choice and hit enter. A pretty dumb way of web designing yeah.

And now this change on every anime/manga entry, I now web is evolving and we can't have web designs from 2005 on a decent website nowadays , but please, those statics numbers ARE NOT IMPORTANT, they are even bigger that the font size used on your list status which I consider much more important than those irrelevant numbers and before the synopsis.
Also the placement, they should be at the bottom like in the left panel.
Mar 31, 2016 12:22 AM

Aug 2014
Malarkey said:
Drumrug said:

It doesn't

*the recs I mean

I guess, they are both just a list of thumbnails except one is a grid and leads you to stuff you might like based on cartoons you've seen while other is a line and leads you to why people think other cartoon is similar.
Mar 31, 2016 12:22 AM

May 2013
Just hide it with ublock origin . It takes like 3 clicks.

@Xinil
I understand that you guys want to improve how the site looks, but honestly you have to speed it up, and finish it at some point in the near future. Seems like the it's only way to have you guys concentrate on things that actually matter to active users.
Mar 31, 2016 12:24 AM

Oct 2014
ExTamplier said:
Cabron said:
>81 notifications
Jesus man.
he is too popular, I get 1 a day max.
I feel a bit better about myself now. I usually get at least 10-20 a day and the most I've had at one time was 4.
Mar 31, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2009
wait until you see its final form first, like all updates of MAL in the past its still a work in progress
Mar 31, 2016 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Merged
Mar 31, 2016 12:45 AM

Oct 2014
Not sure how it looks on mobile, doesn't bother me that much here. It's cluttered right now but it'll probably get cleaned up eventually.

Great job trying to push some sort of illogical agenda with these egregious posts in a completely unrelated thread in spectacular SJW fashion.
Mar 31, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2009
This is just goddamn awful. No, I don't give a shit about what rating MAL's userbase gave an anime. I don't want to visit an anime or manga's page and have these stupid numbers thrown right in my face. I don't want to go to add an anime to my list and have MAL scream to me what a few thousand idiots rated that show. I can judge things for myself, thank you.

Also I don't respect people who use an MAL rating to decide whether or not they pick up an anime. And even if you do, all that "useful" information is right there in the sidebar, don't force it on me and everyone else like this.
Mar 31, 2016 12:50 AM

May 2015
Tyrel said:
Thread Merged

with what?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 31, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2011
Malarkey said:
Tyrel said:
Thread Merged

with what?
A topic that was the same as yours.
Mar 31, 2016 12:52 AM

May 2013

Or you know, it was rejected because that particular suggestion was a really bad system.
That thread was full of people supporting the idea without even checking how the system worked.
Also, what Mint said.
Mar 31, 2016 12:54 AM

Sep 2011
j0x said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Normal sites use a beta layout to test the complete revamp before putting it online... just saying...

i also said that many times, and Kineta even said that MAL have a testing site but its just not working as intended from the looks of it because seriously how many updates on MAL now have been like this when people complain of site update that is not fully functioning as intended on the first release? so ye like always this is a work in progress again
That was a long time ago... It works as intended.
Mar 31, 2016 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
Hahaha wtf is that on the top of the page
as if the anime details page wasn't a clusterfuck already gg

The thing is the old pop/rating infos synergised well with the verticality of the anime image, giving the same infos horizontally doesn't make any sense, plus it's obnoxious, and when you do obnoxious things of course people would push back in return.

The new images recommendations take less space, that's good though.
EratiKMar 31, 2016 1:55 AM
Mar 31, 2016 1:06 AM

Feb 2008
MAL makes me afraid of waking up in the morning.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 31, 2016 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
Tyrel said:
j0x said:

That was a long time ago... It works as intended.

wrong choice of words for me there, what i mean is this is not its final form yet like the previous updates on MAL its still a work in progress so give it more time to see the complete version, i mean looking at the anime/manga pages right now the update looks out of place
Mar 31, 2016 1:16 AM

Oct 2014
I wish they would just freakin stop already. I am not blind, stop with the ugly-huge-unneeded-"modern" style.
Mar 31, 2016 1:20 AM

Mar 2008
The recommendations are especially terrible because that's one of the few things I pay attention to (when it comes to manga)...and now you can't see them right away you have to literally click on them to read any.... and it looks ugly...
AAAH what is happening
Mar 31, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2014
lordzeru said:
Drumrug said:

It doesn't

It really doesn't. It's more like a half assed IMDB clone.

Except it does. It looks like the quick update dropdown on Hummingbird.

Mar 31, 2016 1:29 AM
Mar 2015
Zat iz Sparta.
Mar 31, 2016 1:31 AM

Apr 2013
So redundant, isn't that info right on the side lol?
Mar 31, 2016 1:39 AM

Dec 2011
I actually prefer the new recommendation system to the old one. There was never any rationale behind which person's recommendation was the one that showed up so having the text was meaningless anyway. Plus this way you get to see lots of them without taking up much space.

As for the stuff at the top... Well, it just means more stuff to block.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 31, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
There was never any rationale behind which person's recommendation was the one that showed up

The top recommendation was always from the person who joined earliest.
Mar 31, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
That's 30 seconds of my time with Adblock-plus I'll never get back.
Mar 31, 2016 2:51 AM

Jan 2012
Cabron said:
>81 notifications
Jesus man.

Probably he never delete notifications , as u can see the blue color icon , it mean he has read them , i try to clear them asap .

Ot: oh my eyes , what's the point of that? i dislike this update it looks like i am using Mobil .

@Eucli thnx lol i forgot i can do that btw i don't want to hide Pv video , is there anyway to solve that?
AllenVonSteinMar 31, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 31, 2016 3:14 AM

Dec 2011
AllenVonStein said:

@Eucli thnx lol i forgot i can do that btw i don't want to hide Pv video , is there anyway to solve that?

In the element blocker just get something like this - as you can see it doesn't cover the PV.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 31, 2016 3:38 AM

Apr 2014

Seriously? Do they really need to to that? It's really redundant horrible!
Okay I'm out of this website if this conspiracy continues!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 31, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2012
@kuuderes_shadow thnx i have solved it now , sometimes i need to look at pv lol even though most of them i get " the video is not availbale in ur country"

Mar 31, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2011
Zazie122 said:
This really wasn't needed lol. All that info is already on the sidebar and looks fine. It's pretty redundant having the sidebar PLUS this.... thing...

but they'll remove the sidevote and infos, obviously, cause being compact, informative and clean is a crime nowadays

but the recommendations part looks better for me, at least now the spoiler recommendations aren't in your face
even if the covers attract so much attention that it's a bit annoying

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 31, 2016 4:19 AM

Feb 2011
PDot19 said:
The visual changes are always gonna upset people until it grows onto them, the same way it happened with adding extra reviews to the info page.

grow into it? i removed all the reviews from my page, scripts be blesses

ExTamplier said:
Cabron said:
>81 notifications
Jesus man.
he is too popular, I get 1 a day max.

there is a trick
set a discussion as watched, enable notifications for every new message in the watched discussions, see your notifications explode
(pick any thread in the games forum which gets replies constantly)
there you go, you can feel popular now
oh, also never use the "mark all as read" button, that helps too, when you get a new one it becomes orange again with the total number
ZeandoMar 31, 2016 4:29 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 31, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
They should add another sidebar to the right so we have 3 different places to vote.
Mar 31, 2016 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
I like it actually, more easier to use. If you got a problem come at me, keyboard warrior ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
galimx said:
This new feature looks bad. We have redundant information. On the left side under the image and then on the top right side. Why ? What are the designers thinking? They always surprise me with their weird choices.

What do you mean, it saves me from scrolling down and just a copy of the same information from left hand side
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2016 5:20 AM

May 2008
So yeah I think my biggest problem with this is what other people have said: nobody gives a flying fuck about userbase stats when they go to an entry page. Chances are they're looking for actual info on the anime.

Also in before all these complaints are completely ignored because the staff think people are just complaining about the design and that we don't appreciate their efforts.
Mar 31, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2014
YEROCKY said:
Do people even really care about info like Score, Popularity, Ranking that much? Like not only is this info in your face, it's useless on top of that.

All that info is placed on the side anyways. lol
Perhaps another change coming soon then?

Oh Yeah Baby!

Honestly I dont like this, it was better.
Mar 31, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2012
looks fine to me
Mar 31, 2016 6:09 AM

Feb 2011
galimx said:
Also, PVs need to go or at least need to be moved to another tab where they won't bother anyone. Not only are they hardly relevant enough to be frontpaged like that (not to mention region-blocked quite often and then it looks like some joke), they also make one third of the layout for manga look empty.
aren't they already into the "videos" tab?

agree i didn't like those being there before too, at least now there is only one....
and as much as i find those totally useless, i normally read the description to get an idea of the show/manga(and or inform myself with various other ways), i've actually seen some people going to the pv videos first thing they do once they come on an anime page of mal....
(i was like "what? aren't you reading the description? that is a promotional video, it doesn't show anything anyway" but it seems there do exist people who think a promotional video is an useful way to know about a serie ._. ...what a world we live in..)

galimx said:
Are the designers for this site using any logic ever ? @Xinil

i'm wondering if they have any sort of plan, aside from trying to copy what is considered "trendy" and "popular" at the moment
(as if trends don't get old after two-five years anyway... they should have a big budget to be prepared to continue to work endlessy on a "modern" design which gets old after few years)

Mar 31, 2016 6:11 AM

Jan 2015
Don't like it either, at least if they made such big changes, which makes the outlook worse, since I can't see EVERY PV VIDEO on the anime page, I have to go to an other tab to see them, they could offer a choice for the users... This is not the first time a bad update was done without giving us a choice to pick :/ And they are all annoying
Mar 31, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2015
@Malarkey
You just added your notification bar in there for the lulz didn't you? You sly bastard.
K bro, we get that you're popular..
Mar 31, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2010
0K, MAL, thank you for reminding me of my really bad eyesight, I should be careful with that, I get it. Now, please, for the love of god, can you please, please move it somewhere lower, reducing it's size on the way? You know, MAL, it was actually quite rude to remind me of my disability in such a non-roundabout way. It hurt my feelings. I'm having a weak impulse to sue you for that.
But I like new Recommendations section. The only thing that slightly bothers me - can you, please, make it non-circling?
TornadoTheDragon said:
May Satan bless their little hearts.
Their little what?
Mint said:
Great job trying to push some sort of illogical agenda with these egregious posts in a completely unrelated thread in spectacular SJW fashion.
My thoughts exactly. Bloody hell, how low some people can fall in their little desires to push their little ideas onto main society.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Mar 31, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
galimx said:
The score info was fine where it was. Now it is redundant - two times for no real reason. And the big clumsy box on the top looks bad. The synopsis should be on top. Also, PVs need to go or at least need to be moved to another tab where they won't bother anyone. Not only are they hardly relevant enough to be frontpaged like that (not to mention region-blocked quite often and then it looks like some joke), they also make one third of the layout for manga look empty. Are the designers for this site using any logic ever ? @Xinil

I think they are going to remove the sidebar and transition to the new one on top. They merely want us to see how it looks first, is how I think of all this. Then they remove the one on the bottom. I think the PV fits snugly in that space, better than having its own section with empty white space.
Mar 31, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
Don't like it. Already blocked the info bar with Adblock.

MAL should stop taking it's ratings so seriously and not slap it into our face like this
Mar 31, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2010
Gee thanks MAL for showing those big ratings numbers right in my face for people that don't care, keep up the good work!

Khalan said:

MAL should stop taking it's ratings so seriously and not slap it into our face like this

I tried blocking it using element hider with adblock but it blocked so much other stuff too, like it blocked the whole forums for me so that sucks.
Mar 31, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Man we shouldnt be highlighting the scores since mal doesnt know how to rate in the first place. I like the simple adding of episodes but other than that its bad. Please remove the giant score.
Mar 31, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Tenth said:
Gee thanks MAL for showing those big ratings numbers right in my face for people that don't care, keep up the good work!

Khalan said:

I tried blocking it using element hider with adblock but it blocked so much other stuff too, like it blocked the whole forums for me so that sucks.

I added this rule to adblock plus:
myanimelist.net##.stats-block.po-r.clearfix
so far don't think it blocks anything else
Mar 31, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2010
Khalan said:
Tenth said:

I added this rule to adblock plus:
myanimelist.net##.stats-block.po-r.clearfix
so far don't think it blocks anything else

Yeah but that is only for one part, there is still some left and looks even weirder with just that alone being there.
Mar 31, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2013
Zeando said:
PDot19 said:
The visual changes are always gonna upset people until it grows onto them, the same way it happened with adding extra reviews to the info page.

grow into it? i removed all the reviews from my page, scripts be blesses
I'm glad you've settled a way to get rid of them.

Meanwhile I appreciatee having 4 reviews to look at.
Happy Halloween
Mar 31, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
galimx said:

Are you being sarcastic? If no, then you dont seem to know how good web-design standards work. Dont reply to me again.

Calm down now, firstly take a big deep breath, then smoke some weed and third read my reply below

Nope but I like the simplicity, as it is more easier to use a tablet than on a computer. I'm not a web designer so I wont know much about than what seems to meet my expectations from viewing something.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Backup

Vapor_AU - 1 hour ago

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3368 by L2Dragon »»
3 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

125 by traed »»
5 hours ago

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.