Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, buildup first half and execution of plan for the reminder.

I wish every episode felt like this and previous episode. At least, the show doesn't look like a joke. Seems like the group is quite united though. Haru you lucky bastard being stuffed in that car filled with the girls

The battle was alright, they went for a climax type of thing so yeah. The victory was pretty inevitable.
Overall though, this show was a big miss, never really thought it was funny or whatever it was trying to do. I hope Kyoto Animation's next work/adaptation will be better.

Heh, a kiss:
Mar 30, 2016 9:12 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Meh, too bad they didn't do the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly start volume 2 :/
At least the last couple of episodes were alright :D

5-6/10
GoldenDevilGamerMar 30, 2016 5:17 PM
Mar 30, 2016 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
Typical "Same Episode Title with the Anime title means it's final Episode"
That should answer about Ruru's origin.

Energetic version of Ruru is the best, even so I like her current state "Formal" version. Kinda cute, even after told about "what to do" to fight Enigma. LOL
Oh yeah, the "True" Form of Marchosias and Cthulhu. Congratulations for that, Haruhiko.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
I actually enjoyed this anime, and this episode was really awesome.
Enigma was such a bad ass "Villain" and her saying "I had fun" to Haruhiko and Haruhiko replying with "So did I." Was pretty awesome. I'm giving this anime a 10/10 just because it does not warrent being below some of the other trash anime that aired this season. However with these past two episodes my personal score would be a 8/10.

Guess I'll go check out the LN's now.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 30, 2016 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Ayyy a pokemon battle for this episode !
I really appreciated KyoAni art ... even if the plot was meh
It was still enjoyable, 8/10 for me
Mar 30, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
Albrecht! Wow xD
And that battle scene, pure epicness. Godlike animation.

7/10. Pretty enjoyabe series with amazing and beautiful visuals and animation.
rsc-plMar 30, 2016 10:21 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 30, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
3/10. Glad this trainwreck is over. Think I only stuck through it because it was KyoAnimation. Never again.
Mar 30, 2016 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
Man, I don't even know how to rate the show, so many shit I didn't enjoy and I really wanted to at least love-hate this

1) it wasn't the fanservice heavy show I was hoping for
2) no interesting characters
3) episodic bullshit

but then again, I watched this every week and was never bored even though it sucked
so... I guess... I can say that KyoAni found a way in the end huh...
Mar 30, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
I surprisingly really enjoyed this series. It was just straight up fun and the Kyoani eye candy was a neat plus too.

I actually got pretty hyped when Haruhiko summoned bamf versions of Marchosias and Cthulhu.
Mar 30, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Hello we three are useless, We have "guns" but we let kids fight. Becuse kids fight better.

Mar 30, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
The finale was good.

I never expected that Albrecht is so talent at hacking and fixing devices!

That kiss between Ruru and Haruhiko was nice!

Haruhiko and the girls taken Enigma down!
Mar 30, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2012
Well I'm glad I was wrong about Haruhiko's mom abandoning him again, but it sure was convenient we learned in this last episode she's always missed him but was just too scared to act on her desires to see him this whole time. -_- Yeah I wasn't very big on this final little arc. It was fine I guess, but far too tonally jarring considering how many cute one-off episodes came before it, which I definitely preferred. Didn't care for Enigma being man-made, man must always be the big evil right? And of course she took the mom form again to play the psychological card. Nor did I like Mai not playing as big a role as I hoped so Haruhiko could get a final powerup via an underwhelming but I guess ok Ruru reveal. Enigma claiming she really did enjoy her time with Haruhiko was also eye-rollingly cliche, though I kinda liked it. It's a shame that the last two episodes end up being my least favorite. Eh, whatever, still a pretty fun series overall. When I think of this series it'll be all those one-off episodes I think of, not this last second attempt to be dark. 7/10

Well, Enigma had nice tits anyway. XD
animefan8800Mar 30, 2016 10:38 AM
Mar 30, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
It's over, such waste of good animation, the story could have been interesting if they focused like in episode 1 and 2 on the obtect with soul, but in the end it's pretty bad, 4/10
Mar 30, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Nothing could've saved this anime, not even Mai's plots.
Mar 30, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Why no kiss between Mai and Haruhiko :( the romance underplot was all over the place.
Mar 30, 2016 10:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seriously.....He kisses Ruru of all people.....Wut

Idek whether I'm gonna give this a 6 or a 7 at this point
Mar 30, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
So another Kyoani anime came to an end.
And i enjoyed watching it, it was a nice anime and i would like to see some more of it.
I have to say that it was also nice to see Haruhiko being united with his mother and it seems his new father is a nice person as well.

Also it seems he gained some popularity judging by the Beach babes trying to get close to him at the end.
Mar 30, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2011
Tokoya said:

Which it turns out Ruru is like a sister. So yeah, he smooched his sister.
Mar 30, 2016 11:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
7/10

This could have easily been an 8/10 if the first 9 episode basically didn't happen (except maybe the Reina focused one). The episodic part was just bad. The last 4 episodes were very, very good, if only it was like this the whole anime.

I don't think, we will get a season 2. I doubt that this will have good sales. So basically the shit part got animated and the good part that apparently comes in the LN will never be.
Mar 30, 2016 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
Cirris said:
Tokoya said:

So Haruhiko kinda kissed his mom earlier and now his sister...
Wow....
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Mar 30, 2016 11:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Meh, too bad they didn't don the plot twist. It would have been better if they rushed through volume 1 and quickly get to volume 2 :/
At least the last couple of episodes were alright :D

5-6/10

No plot twist because they probably don't want to deal with the LN anymore and saw this a cash grab?
Mar 30, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
welp finally over. The show never really started anyway.

Not sure if it is 4 or a 5/10. Animation was a plus but that was all.
Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked this series, nice and relaxing.

That fight scene was really cool, loved it.

lol at the end Haruhiko got his own harem with the water girls and Mai got jealous.

8/10
Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Does the novel actually have a plot? By looking at this whole series it just seems like all random

Mar 30, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
trabeus1 said:
Does the novel actually have a plot? By looking at this whole series it just seems like all random

You'd be surprised once you read it, its like the anime removed the plot and made this into their anime original with only copying the designs from the LN lol

anywys solid 8/10 for me, the animation got me hooked up.
Mar 30, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
Wish there would be a season 2, after hearing so many others talk about how epic volume 2 is...
If Kyoani doesn't use the first season as buildup for season 2 then I don't understand why they think this first season would give them outstanding sales. Unless all they wanted was to boost the light novel's sales.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
This series could have been somewhat decent if the whole anime was like these last 2 episodes. That's unfortunate, especially since the premise was kind of interesting. Well I didn't like anything about this anime except for the pretty animation (this episode was a good example) and the catchy OP. Because of these 2 things, I'll be a little fair and give this a 4/10 instead of a 3.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
The anime got better and better in the late second half!
If they introduced these enchanted phantoms in the 4th/5th episode the series would have been awesome.

8-9/10

Now I want to read the LN
Mar 30, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed this. I loved the characters and this finale had a pretty nice closure. I wanted more Haruhiko x Mai but it was nice overall.
Mar 30, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
SansrivaaL said:
trabeus1 said:

You'd be surprised once you read it, its like the anime removed the plot and made this into their anime original with only copying the designs from the LN lol

When they were animating the anime there was just the 1st volume of the LN out so they had to fill the anime with original content.
Mar 30, 2016 11:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
IceBreakerZ said:
Wish there would be a season 2, after hearing so many others talk about how epic volume 2 is...
If Kyoani doesn't use the first season as buildup for season 2 then I don't understand why they think this first season would give them outstanding sales. Unless all they wanted was to boost the light novel's sales.

Which is pretty delusional from them actually. There was NOTHING in the last episode that would indicate something big happening. This can't even be considered a ''read the light novel''-ending. I'm quite baffled why Kyoto Animation did this series really.
Mar 30, 2016 11:22 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great final episode. I don't really see Ruru as his "sister" though. I'm so jealous he kissed Ruru though! But good job regardless Haruhiko!

The final battle was cool, especially when his two summons were actually badass.

Enigma was kind of bae though with that body.

So in the end, this was an enjoyable series that always gave me a smile. The comedy was good, the art and animation were of course top notch, characters were fun and interesting, and I think this was a nice change of pace for KyoAni.

I don't really get why people hated the episodic thing. It wasn't bad, and episodic ≠ bad. Never has, never will. I'm not really sure what people expected as that was clearly the bases of the show to begin with.

The other problem I had were people bitching about fanservice. This is fucking anime, if you don't like fanservice, I suggest you just delete your MAL account and never come back. Bitching about fanservice in anime is like bitching your hamburger came on a bun. But I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from MAL.

Phantom World was a really fun show and I'd like to see more, 8/10.

I'll miss you Ruru!
Mar 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2015
nice pokemon battle at the end
Mar 30, 2016 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
Smudy said:
IceBreakerZ said:

Which is pretty delusional from them actually. There was NOTHING in the last episode that would indicate something big happening. This can't even be considered a ''read the light novel''-ending. I'm quite baffled why Kyoto Animation did this series really.

Now that you've pointed it out, yeah! The only reason I felt the "read the light novel" was through you guys. If I didn't check the forums, I would have never known. They even indicated a "Fin" at the end of the episode.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Mar 30, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Nice ending... Haruhikyshined for the first time
Mar 30, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Overall it wasn't a bad episode but there was that entire buildup for that damn remote in an early episode and then it was solved in 30 seconds.

And I liked Enigma overall, they way they just said that she wanted to take over the world felt a whole lot like Kyo-ani went "Oh shit, we need a reason for her to be doing all of this" and they didn't have time to think of a better reason than world domination
Get your shit straight Brenda
Mar 30, 2016 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
Walowizard said:
Overall it wasn't a bad episode but there was that entire buildup for that damn remote in an early episode and then it was solved in 30 seconds.

I didn't know that 18 minutes were 30 seconds.
Mar 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
Fuck this show for only being decent in the last 2 episodes. You wait for the last 2 episodes to show us what this anime could of been, well fuck you then.

I did get a genuine laugh when Haruhiko kissed Ruru since he nearly swallowed her head.

Can I have Hyouka season 2 now and another season of Haruhi please?
DragoonDeusMar 30, 2016 11:51 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Mar 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
We got Ruru kiss but not Mai. Like, I was hoping Haruhiko steals Mai's power. What the fuck?

IceBreakerZ said:
Cirris said:

So Haruhiko kinda kissed his mom earlier and now his sister...
Wow....

Incest all over on KyoAni.

Mar 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
This final arc could have been spread over 3-4 episodes as it was pretty decent. Its a shame this anime went down the toilet midway through. The talking bear episode and phantom Monkey episode were an absolute low point.

The animation was top notch but it just didn't have enough of a story to go with it. Not a bad series but should have been much better

6/10
Mar 30, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Walowizard said:

I didn't know that 18 minutes were 30 seconds.

I was more on about how he spent almost every episode fixing the remote and then Albrecht (Best character by far) just turned up and fixed it within seconds and then even hacked the computer.
Get your shit straight Brenda
Mar 30, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
VanishingKira said:

Haruhiko x Ruru kiss

He could've eaten her head, lol.

Enigma is sexy af.

Where can I get and Albrecht? I want one. >.>

9/10
The sun is a deadly laser
Mar 30, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
Now that I think about, this is the 1st anime Kyoto animation has shown with a kiss scene!
Mar 30, 2016 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
That episode was so damn terrible. It probably had enough ass pulls in its 20 minutes runtime to fill up an entire season of sword art online. I'd already dropped the score from a 4 to a 3 before it tried to force feed me some feels by expecting me to care about the death of some random ass villain and having to shitty crying scene at the end.
I've never really cared about the show, I watched it for the random mildly entertaining bullshit that it was, and here it comes smacking me right in the face with that flashy tryhard piece of garbage. God damn.
Mar 30, 2016 12:02 PM

Oct 2015
First of all, makes me glad that Ruru was unhurt. Albretch was repairing the mouse .. funny.
The merger between Ruru and Haruhiko was very good and especially the new summon the Great Cthulhu and Marchosias.
Enjoy beautiful series until the end.
Final Score 8.2 / 10
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 30, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
I was never going to like this finale unless we got the twist that happens for volume 2 of the LN, but we didn't. Makes the whole series feel pretty pointless then, even if it did start to improve in the previous few episodes. After all, the stuff that happens in volume 2 onwards wil probably never get animated.

Oh well, I've seen far worse than this, even if it was appallingly bad when at its worst. 7/10
Mar 30, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2016
Nice ending . You know what ? I enjoyed this anime. It had no clear plot , but who cares ? Some anime can be enjoyable without a plot. It was relaxing to watch . Plus Mai-senpai is best girl this season imo along with mary from grimgar , I'll miss them both . And those upgraded phantoms of haruhiko are op . That moment with his mother was touching , glad to see that she also wanted to see him . A bit disappointed they didn't adapt volume 2 this season , would have been a huge twist. But it's okay ... The 2nd half of was better than the first overall . Also finally glad to see that device had some use lol . I'll give 7/10 .
Mar 30, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
Some truth to the world. Biggest disappointment this season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 30, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
The animation in this series is beautiful going from the girls' design to the fights that we get every now and then. KyoAni studio deserves credit for the animation and with the catchy opening..
However, this anime only covered Volume 1 and everyone who has read the LN likes this volume the least. Plus, some things were changed and in the LN, you felt like you were being deceived by the settings (At least, that is what I felt)
Anyways, you all will like Volume 2 and Volume 3 which is in so many ways better than Volume 1..
My Final Score is 7.75 (Round to 8) out of 10... Mai is best waifu!!

P.S: We should protest for a Season 2 where the awesome parts begin (HINT:ANTI-HERO)
Mar 30, 2016 12:40 PM

May 2015
This final was good. But as for this show overall.... Honestly, a big disappointment. Only like the first two episodes and the last two or three episodes were decent, especially the latter. But as for the other episodes - those were pretty bad. Such a shame, as these final couple of episodes were pretty enjoyable and got interesting. In my opinion, (one of) KyoAni's worst show. 6/10 because of the final couple of episodes.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

144 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.