Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Touken Ranbu' Announced for 2017 [Update 3/26]

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 25, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 2008
Oh well, anything they need to add for an anime (unless this turns out well done... Which is unlikely considering the other adaptions and all the risks) may easily result in toulove taking a(nother) big hit in popularity. But this makes it interesting to find out how they'll be handling all these things in the adaption.
Just when I thought it's weird that the anime won't air until next year, which would indicate that their decision was made too late, there's actually one adaption scheduled for this year as well, so they probably didn't wait tha~t long after all. They're probably too late even with both adaptions, but then again, even if they had made their move earlier, it might have just made things worse faster (unless this started with an anime, but then it wouldn't have turned out to be as popular as it did).
Mar 25, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
so there's gonna be another adaptation coming this october
looks like it will follow kashuu and yamato
Mar 25, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
News Update

An official website was opened and announced via a teaser PV that there will be two anime projects in production. The second is a TV anime series titled Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru scheduled to air in Fall 2016.

Staff
Director: Takashi Naoya (Luck & Logic)
Character Design: Junichirou Taniguchi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Series Composition, Script: Pierre Sugiura (Barakamon)
Studio: Doga Kobo

Cast
Yamatonokami Yasusada: Mitsuhiro Ichiki (Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note)
Kashuu Kiyomitsu: Toshiki Masuda (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!)

PV

Official site: http://touken-hanamaru.jp/
Official Twitter: @touken_hanamaru

Source: Ota☆Suke
ShockedMar 27, 2016 8:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2016 8:08 PM

Nov 2012
Finally an announcement! Hopefully the series doesn't suck like Kancolle.
Mar 25, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2016
Mladen said:
-Catsidhe- said:
damn, what a good news *w* touken ranbu gets anime? moreover its ufotable!!
Can't wait to see my Doutanuki❤ to be animated!!!*exicted*

Yay, another Doutanuki fan! I thought he'd be the favorite here, because I saw fan art of him the most, but it seems like everyone else is looking forward to other guys more xD

Woaa, ur Doutanuki fan too? great, me too xD
nah, he's not that popular and strong compare to other...but, I still like him the most(especially his design char & personality, looks more manly and really cool lol)
Mar 25, 2016 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
Seeing Fate fanboys getting mad is so good.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Mar 25, 2016 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
I'm so excited for this!! Hopefully Doutanuki gets plenty of screen time, he's my absolute favourite sword in the game!
Mar 25, 2016 10:20 PM

Jan 2015
Does Ufotable know that people just want to see Heaven's Feel?

Anyway it should be entertaining nonetheless.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 25, 2016 11:24 PM

Aug 2015
Then the one who write the script of the ufotable series will be Urobutcher. I'm hype for this but my expectations isn't really high. I just hope to see Tsurumaru, Ichigo, and Hotarumaru in here. For the saniwa, I hope they don't make her become a useless girl.
DeramoraMar 25, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 26, 2016 2:16 AM
May 2007
We are getting double TV anime omg. I can't keep calm anymore.
Mar 26, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2014
It visually looks nice...hopefully the same can be said about the story/plot/characters
Mar 26, 2016 5:26 AM

Jun 2013
I wish i can become women and enjoying this one
Mar 26, 2016 5:28 AM

Jul 2007
GChan said:

I thought UFOtable was supposed to be good? UBW was, despite its flaws, beautiful animation wise.

Ufotable has not done anything good in years. UBW was complete trainwrecky ass, God Eater is beyond ass, their new projects sound like ass.

UBW looked okay(sometimes), but the animation budget was wasted and mismanaged most of the times. Animation budget =/= visually well looking product. You can draw the best backgrounds, but if cinematography, choreography and directing can't hold up to them, it means jack shit.

bobzanny said:
Does Ufotable know that people just want to see Heaven's Feel?

They are banking on it selling anyway. It will be shit quality but the fanboys will eat it up. UBW already was ridden with issues due to multiple projects being worked upon and it being on lowest priority. Now HF is going into even worse situation than that.

Ufotable is a factory. Not an art studio. Not an animation studio. A corporate factory
Mar 26, 2016 5:38 AM
Jan 2016
Ufotable seems to have many projects planned already, including the Fate Grand Order. There will be announcements for that on the last day of AnimeJapan 2016. I wonder how they are going to budget this, when they have not released HF yet.
Mar 26, 2016 6:44 AM

May 2013
Now we're getting two different anime.
Oh hell yah.
Bring on the swords.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Mar 26, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2014
Is this like Free! but instead of swimming, they're swinging their swords at each other?
Mar 26, 2016 7:32 AM

Jul 2010
yes, i was waiting for this since i knew about the game

bekeru said:
Seeing Fate fanboys getting mad is so good.

^^^
Mar 26, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2008
mizukasa said:
Is this like Free! but instead of swimming, they're swinging their swords at each other?
Not sure how this anime will turn out, but technically the characters are swords, and they're brought to life by the owner and appear completely human-like.
ingame they don't swing their swords at each other. Enemies' swords like this are what they'll be swinging their swords at
Mar 26, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2014
Psyche_Izaya said:
mizukasa said:
Not sure how this anime will turn out, but technically the characters are swords, and they're brought to life by the owner and appear completely human-like.
ingame they don't swing their swords at each other. Enemies' swords like this are what they'll be swinging their swords at

I might watch it if it doesn't have yaoi elements.
Mar 26, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2015
hedla12 said:
Ufotable seems to have many projects planned already, including the Fate Grand Order. There will be announcements for that on the last day of AnimeJapan 2016. I wonder how they are going to budget this, when they have not released HF yet.

different Production committee so different money for each project, what is worrying is how are they schedule all this but they 2 studios and they were hiring last year so they can probably handle it.
Mar 26, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2007
hedla12 said:

Its easy to push out Products(tm) when you barely put any attention or effort into them. Just throw money at slave labor and have them punch out episodes in time. It will be fiiiiine.
Mar 26, 2016 10:07 AM
Jan 2008
mizukasa said:

Naaah.

If anything, depending on what the fall series and whatever the UFOtable project is, they could do anything from either an otome version where the saniwa is a girl and has a cast of bishonen to something like Hakuoki(the two guys on the tv announcement are supposed to be Souji Okita's swords) or even Fate(since basically the cast are human versions of famous Japanese swords) or even a slice of life series.
Mar 26, 2016 11:09 AM
Oct 2013
I am so happy this is getting an adaptation X3
(date feels so far away..... T.T)
Mar 27, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2014
mizukasa said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

I might watch it if it doesn't have yaoi elements.

Nah,
most likely it won't have any.

Worse case scenario it'll be just some hint here and there for service.
Ie; a certain sword boy who keep talking about "Kane-san this Kane-san that".

Most of fans just thought it will be like...
Starting with:
"Here, your sugar intake on sword boys daily life at peace. It's heartwarming, right?" (Hanamaru)

Then turn into;
"Broke that sword, and that one too. Oh, this one can used some scrap. Night raid, bring the Yari please." (Ufo ver)
Mar 27, 2016 2:27 PM

Sep 2015
Didn't realise there's this many saniwa crawling about in a place like MAL ^o^
Damn, what a great time to be alive.

Funny how the face of Touken Ranbu Ufotable ver. is Jiji, when they have "worthier" swords like Juzumaru. I wonder if new swords like him, Higekiri, Hizamaru and Fudou would be there too.

I feel like the first sword to break in these anime is Kashuu ;-;
ChaldeneMar 28, 2016 2:17 AM
Mar 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
I will skip because I don't get the popularity with this game.
Mar 27, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2015
Hidayat246 said:

There's less likely that these anime have fanservice. Well maybe a little, but it you don't have to be a woman to like it.
Mar 27, 2016 7:54 PM
Mar 2013
finally i can be a proper TR secondary
Mar 27, 2016 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
HikiMaru39 said:
Hidayat246 said:

There's less likely that these anime have fanservice. Well maybe a little, but it you don't have to be a woman to like it.

I am not fudanshi so i need good reason[Read : Female Character] when watching harem boys like Touken Ranbu

To be honest i like design character & art quality from Touken Ranbu characters but it just i can't resist to watch show with only have bishouen & yaoibait

That's why I'm a little envious with female audience which can enjoying this show
Mar 28, 2016 1:59 AM

Jun 2012
Hidayat246 said:
HikiMaru39 said:

I am not fudanshi so i need good reason[Read : Female Character] when watching harem boys like Touken Ranbu

To be honest i like design character & art quality from Touken Ranbu characters but it just i can't resist to watch show with only have bishouen & yaoibait

That's why I'm a little envious with female audience which can enjoying this show

I understand not wanting to watch straight up Yaoi anime, but avoiding everything with bishounens seems a bit ignorant. Do you also avoid every single anime from Shoujo or Josei genre just because it's aimed at females? It's your choice, but you're missing out on many good things that way. Besides, your gender doesn't dictate things that you enjoy.

This doesn't even have reverse harem tag nor a shounen-ai one, so calling it Yaoi bait and harem boys just because of bishounen design sounds like you're jumping the gun.
Mar 28, 2016 2:01 AM

Aug 2014
Hidayat246 said:
HikiMaru39 said:

umh...

umh...

Not bishounen...
as long that 'geisha' keep quite...
RuiseMar 28, 2016 2:06 AM
Mar 28, 2016 2:15 AM

Sep 2015
Hidayat246 said:
HikiMaru39 said:

Oh I see, I can relate to that problem too. Whenever I see a good a anime and to find it having ecchi and moe geared towards male audience, I'm kind of disappointed since I'm missing something out.

I doubt these anime have yaoibait though since the game isn't like that to begin with. Also, a reverse harem is the last thing I want from this anime.
Mar 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Mar 2016
This is KanColle all over again.
Mar 28, 2016 4:26 AM

Jul 2013
Tales of Zestiria, Heaven's Feel, and now Touken Ranbu. Looks like ufotable's taking the game seriously now. Looking forward to more quality animation and amazing backgrounds.
Mar 28, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2011
I'm surprised it's ufotable who took it up, but Nakigitsune, Hotarumaru, Namazuo & Kashuu, my kids </3 here for this
Mar 30, 2016 6:36 AM
Mar 2015
Raina- said:
TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU
I'm so excited for bishies and voice actors

Just ufotable no God Eater animation/visuals please.

The artsyle for God Eater is amazing. But I am pretty confident they wouldnt have that artsyle in this adaptation. Wouldnt make sense to slap the God EAter artstyle anywhere they want xD
Mar 30, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
Emirius said:
Raina- said:
TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU TOUKEN RANBU
I'm so excited for bishies and voice actors

Just ufotable no God Eater animation/visuals please.

The artsyle for God Eater is amazing. But I am pretty confident they wouldnt have that artsyle in this adaptation. Wouldnt make sense to slap the God EAter artstyle anywhere they want xD
A lot of people hated that art style. Also the anime without the game bundled in didnt sell well so i doubt they would take the risk again since it didnt pay off.
Mar 30, 2016 6:40 AM
Mar 2015
moodie said:
Emirius said:

A lot of people hated that art style. Also the anime without the game bundled in didnt sell well so i doubt they would take the risk again since it didnt pay off.

Those people are plebs then. I agree it was jarring at first ep.
Mar 30, 2016 6:41 AM

Dec 2012
Looks so unappealing , even worse than Kancolle. I will pass.
Mar 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Oct 2009
Oh shiit! Hot ikemen boys who I can ship together omggggglollololololol
I'm just gonna thank myreadingmanga for introducing me to such a gem *sniff*
Even if they were untranslated yaoi, they were beautiful :')

Mar 30, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2009
Hidayat246 said:
HikiMaru39 said:

Who cares if it has yaoi bait or not? If it's good, it's good. Ya know you can't stop fujoshits from shipping them *cough* me *cough*. I mean Naruto, Opm, Gintama, Haikyuu, One piece (etc shounen anime) has a yaoi fandom and ppl still watch it.
So
Just watch it :D

Mar 30, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
moodie said:
Emirius said:

<---- Me

I hated that artstyle.

AriaAura said:
This is KanColle all over again.

No? Wtf? It's not even similar, other than gameplay.
Mar 30, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Emirius said:
moodie said:

It doesn't matter who those people are. From a financial stand point there is no point in continuing that art style that literally exhausted their budget and staff members. There is a reason why the show got delayed every week as well as getting the second part months apart.

It isn't viable to continue that art style.
Mar 30, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
moodie said:
Emirius said:

It doesn't matter who those people are. From a financial stand point there is no point in continuing that art style that literally exhausted their budget and staff members. There is a reason why the show got delayed every week as well as getting the second part months apart.

It isn't viable to continue that art style.

They used a technique called cel-shading right? And if I get my facts right, it costs quite a lot. Though I definitely loved the art style because it reminded me of Guilty Gear, I would definitely agree that there's literally no point in ufo using that art style again if it would not bring them profit.

Mayuka said:
moodie said:

<---- Me

I hated that artstyle.

Because it looked like Fate right? Just like every other work ufotable has done.
Mar 30, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Because it looked like Fate right? Just like every other work ufotable has done.
Nah, Fate's is slightly better. I would hate the Touken Ranbu adaptation if they copied Fate's artstyle though.
Mar 30, 2016 7:55 PM

Jun 2013
Thug_Gou said:
Hidayat246 said:

Who cares if it has yaoi bait or not? If it's good, it's good. Ya know you can't stop fujoshits from shipping them *cough* me *cough*. I mean Naruto, Opm, Gintama, Haikyuu, One piece (etc shounen anime) has a yaoi fandom and ppl still watch it.
So

I still not found a good reason to watch show with full bishonen & trap like this

Also I think "good" for you and "good" for me have different meaning
Mar 30, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2009
Hidayat246 said:
Thug_Gou said:

So

I still not found a good reason to watch show with full bishonen & trap like this

i guess
but what's the harm in trying to watch 1 ep
lol

Mar 30, 2016 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
Thug_Gou said:
Hidayat246 said:

i guess
but what's the harm in trying to watch 1 ep
lol
please

my masculinity will be gone and i will become gay. i must not abandon my safe space and watch this shitty fujobait. :((((
Jul 23, 2016 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

6 by Yubisoft »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 6 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
3 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
6 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.