Jan 2015
Is it some side story, or some mini-arc or what? Why only 4 episodes?:/
Mar 28, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Anime original of 4 ep.
Mar 28, 2016 10:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Afaik the anime kind of went original towards the end and thus making a direct continuation from that wouldn't have worked out in the first place, hence why so many people were so surprised when another season was announced. So some random side story or whatever this is makes a lot more sense with that in mind

Or at least that's what I've been told, haven't actually read the manga myself though
Mar 28, 2016 11:50 AM

May 2014
I dont see the point of this anime
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 28, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2015
This is basically a movie, but instead of releasing it on theaters, it’s been released on TV in 4 episodes....

Anyhow, I’m cool with that as long as it is written by the mangaka (which it is). Hopefully we will get an announcement later this year (or maybe next) about a possible sequel in 2017.... I doubt there won’t be one given the great success this franchise has had so far.

Also, this was never announced as a second season to begin with, so I’m not sure why some of you’re surprised by this... It was announced as Nanatsu no Taizai (2016), not as Nanatsu no Taizai Second Season (2016) from the very beginning. If this was indeed a second season, they would have added that to the title the day it was announced, simple as that.

Anyway, looking forward this original mini story arc written the author himself.

HaXXspetten said:
Afaik the anime kind of went original towards the end and thus making a direct continuation from that wouldn't have worked out in the first place........

Or at least that's what I've been told, haven't actually read the manga myself though

I’m not sure who told you that, but the series did not go original, thus a continuation can work out easily...
People are surprised because they were expecting a second season for whatever reasons... even though it was never stated it was going to be one (again, Nanatsu no Taizai (2016), it is not the same as saying Nanatsu no Taizai Second Season (2016)).
zero-rMar 29, 2016 3:37 PM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 28, 2016 3:46 PM

Sep 2015
It's just another pointless spin-off.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Mar 29, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
zero-r said:
This is basically a movie, but instead of releasing on theaters, it’s been released on TV in 4 episodes....

Anyhow, I’m cool with that as long as it is written by the mangaka (which it is). Hopefully we will get an announcement later this year (or maybe next) about a possible sequel in 2017.... I doubt there won’t be one given the great success of this franchise.

Also, this was never announced as a second season to begin with, so I’m not sure why some of you’re surprised by this... It was announced as Nanatsu no Taizai (2016), not Nanatsu no Taizai Second Season (2016) from the very beginning. If this was indeed a second season, they would have added that to the title the day it was announced, simple as that.

Anyway, looking forward this original mini arc story written by Nakaba Suzuki himself.

HaXXspetten said:
Afaik the anime kind of went original towards the end and thus making a direct continuation from that wouldn't have worked out in the first place........

I’m not sure who told you that, but the series did not go original... thus a continuation can work out easily.
People are surprised because they were expecting a second season for whatever reasons... even though it was never said it was going to be one (Nanatsu no Taizai (2016), it is not the same saying Nanatsu no Taizai Second Season (2016)).

Thanks for the answer :) So it's just a side story, and not a movie as a continuation right? Or we don't know that yet?
Apr 2, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
Huh I thought I read 8 eps last time or was that the Magi Sinbad Tv Series one ? :/ Welp doesn't matter. 4 original episodes of the cast we love and adore !!
Apr 4, 2016 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
Right? Wtf happened to season 2 this year... Sigh.. this really bummed me out i was really excited until i just stumbled across this by chance..
Apr 11, 2016 9:52 AM

Sep 2015
i think they need to wait for the ten comandments arc to end first before the make the 2nd season
Apr 11, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
Actually this a new announcement and wasn't the one that was been announced last year.
And MAL was just being MAL that always wants to be the first to publish anime news even if it's not 100% sure.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 22, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
Oh! So this is an intermediary series to give more time for the manga to get ahead while keeping the interest of the anime audience. Good strategy. I approve! But this series is so great. I can't wait for the real season 2!
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Apr 24, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
zero-r said:

HaXXspetten said:

I’m not sure who told you that, but the series did not go original, thus a continuation can work out easily...
People are surprised because they were expecting a second season for whatever reasons... even though it was never stated it was going to be one (again, Nanatsu no Taizai (2016), it is not the same as saying Nanatsu no Taizai Second Season (2016)).

Yes. The last minutes with them leaving the town on Mama Hawk back was original. There's some stories in the town that are important.
Apr 25, 2016 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
Forever_A said:
zero-r said:

Yes. The last minutes with them leaving the town on Mama Hawk back was original. There's some stories in the town that are important.

Is the the only change? That they left instead of some important stories? So untill the fight with that guy it's just like the manga? That might not be bad, since they could add those stories as OVA or sth
Apr 25, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
SkullProX said:
Forever_A said:

Is the the only change? That they left instead of some important stories? So untill the fight with that guy it's just like the manga? That might not be bad, since they could add those stories as OVA or sth

No. There are major changings all over the anime. I always recommend to read the manga from the beginning.

About the ending: It isn't just some important stories. Everything's interconnected. If I explain it to you, I have to give big spoilers, but they leaving that way is simply wrong. The studio has to retcon that thing.
Jun 19, 2016 10:18 PM

Sep 2015
Sad because I wanted a season 2....
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 3, 2016 7:54 AM
Oct 2015
wtf with this 4 episode only
Jul 22, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2016
Maybe they're doing this so they can include the Sin of Pride who didn't appear in the anime. I hope that there'll be an actual 1-2 cour season soon.

Feb 17, 2017 12:08 AM
May 2014
Netflix teased this as season 2 too lol
May 9, 2018 1:50 PM

Oct 2016
I think it's totally laughable that people are complaining and crying salty tears about this. I enjoyed the first episode and have nothing to complain about honestly. Why is the salt pouring with these noobs?
May 9, 2018 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War is only 4 episodes because it is the so-called "bridge" between Season One and Season Two.

That said, Season Two is already out. It started airing this year on January 13th. Here's the link to it: The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments.
removed-userMay 9, 2018 2:29 PM
Mar 25, 2020 5:14 PM
Sep 2019
BECAUSE ITS NOT A GOD DAMN SEASON GOD DAMN THAT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE OVA A SEASON

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

95 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 27, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Jan 26, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

70 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:55 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

112 by ToTheGyz »»
Jul 20, 2023 4:52 AM

» Hawks on Arby's Twitter

JayHairston - Jul 18, 2017

0 by JayHairston »»
Jul 18, 2017 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.