Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm I think the finale was decent. Seems like Zen still has a little tension with his bro. Got a very melancholic feeling about the episode. I like Shirayuki's connection with Obi though since he's been out of his usual character at times but in this episode, he's pretty close with who he is.

That embrace though...a classic moment in this series and kiss :D
Felt like it was one of those fantasy fairy tale moments.

Mar 28, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
That guy, as a person working for FukuJun's character, is here now with the person who is always with FukuJun's character. Official symbol of friendship, a necklace, is delivered. The king is amused that he laughed too loud. Later in private, there's also a letter. It seems like FukuJun's character knows her position (as the king thinks that, too) and helped her by being not awkward.

The girl is worried about where she should go, and Nobu's character helping her get the prince. Her answer is she wants to be able to be his side and help him out some day in the future (that is the same for him). The first of three kisses is lewd. The friends know what he is going to do and they let them be.

First season OP as ED.
tsubasaloverMar 28, 2016 9:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 28, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2010
Wow, I wasn't sure what would happen in the finale, but it was nice to see the chapter where Mihaya and Sakaki appear at Wistal Castle being animated. I really liked when Shirayuki read Raji's letter as it signified how far their relationship has developed over the course of the second cour. The official symbol of friendship she was granted was great.

Whoa. The fact there was more than one kiss happening in one episode is already crazy in this series. XD

Overall, I'm going to miss the atmosphere and the characters.

8/10

I guess it's back to waiting for the manga. XD
DaisukiMar 28, 2016 11:07 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 28, 2016 9:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great ending. Raj appearing was awesome and giving Shirayuki this title.

Shirayuki x Zen moments once again, beautiful.

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 9:40 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, that neck kiss was... unexpected. Raji's letter was great though (shows how much he changed in this season). Nice conclusion to this season. Time to read the manga.

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
All this show needs is more Shirayuki x Zen. Lots more Shirayuki x Zen. Thankfully this finale provided enough of that to see my satisfied.

A third season of this show is something I would definitely welcome. 8/10
Mar 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
Again, this episode granted yet another end of the anime for the season whereby they concluded everything nicely, but left room for any further adaptations down the line, methinks.

I love how chill most of this show is, punctuated by times when certain conflicts arise, but overall it never strays from the overall feel of the series.

Can someone in the know please inform us as to whether they've been skipping chapters like crazy in the adaptation? I'd like to continue the journey via manga, but am not sure whether they've been skipping around and chopping up things in the manga to fit into the anime, as they tend to do sometimes when they want to end the anime nearer to the actual ending. Where should I pick up in the manga, or would it be preferable to just start from the beginning?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 10:02 AM

Dec 2011
I don't remember that neck kiss being in the manga. I was surprised. Zen is a naughty boy :D xDDD

Loved this season just as much as the first. <3
Mar 28, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2014
That neck kiss was a suprise
Go ZenYuki
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 28, 2016 10:24 AM
Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Again, this episode granted yet another end of the anime for the season whereby they concluded everything nicely, but left room for any further adaptations down the line, methinks.

I love how chill most of this show is, punctuated by times when certain conflicts arise, but overall it never strays from the overall feel of the series.

Can someone in the know please inform us as to whether they've been skipping chapters like crazy in the adaptation? I'd like to continue the journey via manga, but am not sure whether they've been skipping around and chopping up things in the manga to fit into the anime, as they tend to do sometimes when they want to end the anime nearer to the actual ending. Where should I pick up in the manga, or would it be preferable to just start from the beginning?

As far as I can remember, the anime's been pretty faithful to the flow of the manga. I don't think you'd miss much if you picked up where the anime leaves off.
Mar 28, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2010
Not a bad way to end the season. Shrayuki got a title from Raj, and the Shirayuki x Zen parts were pretty good.

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
So that's it, this was a cute ride. Sad it comes to an end :(
That neck kiss though <3
8/10
Mar 28, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
The finale was decent.

That neck kiss was unexpected!
Mar 28, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
It's the end of the two seasons, so I'll just say it now: I love how Obi's eyelid lines act as his eyebrows.

Cute ep was cute. Now for season 3 so we can have more MitsuKiki.... I mean, *cough*, more ShirayukiZen. Y-yeah, totes. >.>

The neck-kiss was much wow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I don't think that was in the manga, lol. Nice surprise.
The sun is a deadly laser
Mar 28, 2016 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
That neck kiss leading to that next kiss. Really nice way to end it. Really love this series' characters and overall mood!
Mar 28, 2016 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
Well it has finally ended. If I was a girl, I'd be squealing at that part where Zen kissed Shirayuki's neck.

Very enjoyable series overall. Some people found it boring but it's really not that surprising since this anime is very light-hearted and it's focused more on characters rather than the story. Definitely not what I have expected when I started watching this. I thought there will be dwarves in this anime lol. The only reference it had with Snow White is the poisoned apple in the beginning but that's pretty much everything. Well you can add that the music is very disney-like. The music really reminds me of the old disney movies.

Another season is very unlikely. Shoujo series in general just never get sequels so I guess time to read the manga.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 28, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
Those kisses were hot. I love those two. They need to continue the anime I need more Obi, more Mitsuhide, more Shirayuki and Zen! Just moooore~
Mar 28, 2016 10:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So much kyaaa~

The neck kiss was unexpectedly erotic lol
Mar 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
Just as I thought, that kiss scene (chapter 29) was in the finale.

Really enjoyed watching this show and all Zenyuki <3 Another season is always welcomed.
Mar 28, 2016 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
No official proposal... Though I suppose it has been implied enough through the show. Great ending. Great show. I thoroughly enjoyed this anime
Mar 28, 2016 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
The Shirayuki x Zen moments were just too perfect. That neck kiss though.......I wasn't expecting that. For a second there I thought they were gonna do some dirty stuff lol. It was also satisfying to see how much Raj and Shirayuki's friendship has grown, which is something I would never have expected after the tension of their very first meeting. I enjoyed this season just as much as the first, and I'm glad we were able to hear the first OP one more time. 7/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2008
THAT NECK KISS OH MY GOOOOODDDDD

Totally didn't see that coming /nosebleeds/

What a perfect finale, they brought back Sakaki and Mihaya whom we've not seen in a while and Raj still plays a significant part! I thought for sure there wouldn't be any more Raj but <3 I really love his character so much. His growth throughout the series has been amazing.

The backgrounds were so sooooo beautiful. I think it's the first time I got to see what the layout of the castle was like from above too.

I don't know what I could find to complain about this series besides some flimsy in-betweens in animation occasionally. The fact that it was a split cour was played very well to its advantage since the two cours are quite different in themes but both good in their own way. Though the shift in atmosphere felt a little strange at first, I ended up particularly enjoying this cour even more than the first.

I'll miss having this anime around. Maybe they'll give us another OVA in the near future or something ;w;
Mar 28, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2015
Well. That was a lovely finale. Raj grew on me as a character. But honestly, all characters were really nice in this show. Liked this season as much as the first one. 8/10.

Mar 28, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Neck kiss followed by the kiss was just toooo cute <3
This OTP is 2 adorbs 4 me
Mar 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2007
Aww, Akagami no Shirayukihime S3 when? :D
I was hoping we might get to see Kiki's mini-arc, but I guess that's for next season - if there is one, but I really, really hope so. It's just so damn cute. <3 And that kiss! Oh my gosh, that lovely kiss. Very nice finale. :D
Mar 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
hey_genius said:

As far as I can remember, the anime's been pretty faithful to the flow of the manga. I don't think you'd miss much if you picked up where the anime leaves off.

So just to confirm... according to Orange's post above.... I should continue from Chapter 29 onwards?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
I liked this season as much as the first one, I just can't have enough of Zen and Shirayuki... <3

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 11:46 AM
Feb 2013
omg we need a third season and more zenyuki moments! can't believe its finished! but that neck kiss made me fan girl all over the place! how unexpected from zen... O.o
Mar 28, 2016 11:49 AM

May 2014
babyblue999 said:
omg we need a third season and more zenyuki moments! can't believe its finished! T-T

I dont think we are gonna get a 3rd season
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 28, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2012
Oh my, Zen got a bit more aggressive there.

Didn't feel there was really a dull moment in the last episode, and Izana's a pretty cool guy.

Bouncing between a 7 and 8 for me, but I really enjoyed this season.

Mar 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
No Marriage proposal shit ending 1/10

jk jk
I really enjoyed this, both Seasons, and will be happy if there are more Seasons :D
8/10
If someone told me a few years ago i am gonna enjoy a shoujo show so much i would've told them ''Liar'' in their face.
Mar 28, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
Bouncing between 7 and 8 for me too, it was a great, sweat romance, i wasn't ever bored watching it, but it don't fell like it has anything special that would make me give it a 8, i don't know, still thinking....
Mar 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
I'm gonna miss this show so much, please tell me there's some nice romance show like this next season?

Raj's moment in the beginning and his letter were great, who would've thought after seeing him for the first time how much he would grow

Please make a third season, Bones
Mar 28, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
W H Y D I D N ' T H E P R O P O S E ?!
Mar 28, 2016 12:39 PM
Feb 2016
So many feels! Ah I was putting off watching this all day because I knew it was the last one and it was beautiful. I thought it was cool to see her get a title and see Mihaya again. I was worried for a second that she might pick Raj but his letter confirmed he just wants to be friends. I got to see Obi funny as ever. Zen kissing her serval times! Him carry her away like the princess I want her to be. No proposal but Zen said he will when the time comes. So everything is there for a fairy tail ending.

This is the best romance anime I have watched therefore I give it a 10/10 because it's my favorite. Still looking forward to the rest of the sub episodes and I will definitely look into the manga.

Team Shirayuki&Zen Forever ❤️
Mar 28, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
That was the best, most romantic kiss I've seen since ToraDora. I hope there's more, we just need a wedding, maybe a baby afterwards :D, and it'll be perfect.

8/10
Mar 28, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
ooooh that neck kiss and them another kiss
wow zen is sexy
Mar 28, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
There couldn't be a better ending than that kiss scene :D
I'm kinda guessing this is it for this series? I'd really doubt it if there would be more seasons announced.
Mar 28, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
It really is done huh ): I'll miss this series and it's charm for sure...

Lil-Bird said:
That was the best, most romantic kiss I've seen since ToraDora

I agree!
Mar 28, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
The ending, in my opinion, it was better than i expected. i thought Zen will propose to Shirayuki and then wedding and stuff like that. The end. XD
and i'm a little bit glad that they didn't end it like that tbh.
Zen x Shirayuki moments is obviously the very sweet moment from this series. especially when Zen kissed Shirayuki's neck XD The author knew what he did right there XD Really like that the most. And i like Shirayuki's expression in this episode. Probably the best from this series too.

I think the ending is not a conclusion but a development between Zen and Shirayuki AND a development between Shirayuki and Raj probably ? i see that as a character development, and they executed it really good in my opinion.

The manga is still publising so i hope for another season :D
i really want to see Zen and Shirayuki in wedding drees X3

Mitsuhide x Kiki ? i'm sad that they didn't make any character development between Kiki and Mitsuhide in terms of romance X3

9/10
Mar 28, 2016 2:00 PM
Mar 2016
So sad that it's over :(
I absolutely loved this anime.
I originally started watching because it was a romance anime with a redhead as the main (also my very first "real" romance anime), but I came to love all the characters and the story.
Fingers crossed for a third season or more, but gathering from the comments, chances are slim :(
Oh well. At least it opened the doors to the romance anime section for me :)
I've watched like 10+ romance animes consecutively after I started watching this.
Mar 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
Ahh it's over ;;;

I enjoyed this season more because of all the Obi and Raj scenes xD I love their chemistry with Shirayuki. They did skip quite a few chapters for known purposes, but I think they wrapped it up quite well :3

It also felt like they ended this without plans for a third season. Back to waiting for manga chapters again for me, I guess qwq

Really enjoyed the series overall~
Mar 28, 2016 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
And now it's over. :(
Dat neck kiss though

I should continue reading the manga from where I stopped again.

Anyway, 8/10.
Mar 28, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2008
For some reason the second season did not grab me as much as the first but it wasn't bad. Overall this was a nice series, gentle kind, slow moving but a nice character piece. Good cast of characters made it interesting and Shirayuki was a good character to really follow and you really wanted to see succeed.

Ultimately with the payoff in the first of the two confessing their feelings I really wanted more out of their relationship budding between them in this season but it just didn't go that route and I'm a little disappointed by that. Overall good pair of series.

S1 9/10
S2 7/10
Total: 8/10
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Mar 28, 2016 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
ultranimee said:
W H Y D I D N ' T H E P R O P O S E ?!

Because Zen is a crown prince and doesn't have the freedom to do what he wants. He most definitely WANTS to marry Shirayuki and make his love for her public, but that doesn't mean he can. Shirayuki knows this full well which is why she has always been holding back saying she wishes to marry him and be with him. She fears that he will be forced into a political marriage and no way will she become his mistress even if that may be the norm.

Her being given this title by Prince Raji certainly helps though as strengthening relationships between Tanbarun and Clarines could be used as an argument for the marriage.
Mar 28, 2016 4:27 PM
Aug 2015
guess all in all it was ok.

still dislike the show in general tbh, too many reverse haram aspects to it imo.
granted its not ntr or anything (which honestly at points i was thinking like oh god.. shirayuki just seems like someone who wouldnt even fend off if someone other than zen tried to kiss her) but yea it still annoyed me at times

the small things like shirayuki riding on obi's horse all the fucking time ( and even mitsuhide's), dancing with prince raj and not zen (wtf), and just in general having alot of alone time moments with obi

but yea its w/e, im just personally a guy who doesnt like when girls get too close to guys other than the MC in animes
Mar 28, 2016 4:46 PM

Feb 2015
Does anyone know which chapter(s) of the manga does this episode relate to? I want to follow the manga from this point on.
Mar 28, 2016 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
I really hope there'll be another season. Raj became a favorite character of mine, right after Obi. His letter was great and I really enjoyed watching his character development. As everyone else said, that neck kiss was a surprise. My favorite scene had to be Obi sleeping in Zen's bed and making a gay joke with Mitsuhide when he found him though.
Mar 28, 2016 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
Apollocy22 said:
Does anyone know which chapter(s) of the manga does this episode relate to? I want to follow the manga from this point on.

Chapter 30, apparently.
Mar 28, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2014
ah I can't get enough of the zen x shirayuki moments
Hi there
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2016

87 by OberonFelsach »»
Apr 8, 2023 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.