Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 24, 2016 6:47 PM

Jun 2014
I looked at the date thinking it was April 1st.

Damn, so pumped.
Mar 24, 2016 6:50 PM
Mar 2016
Must check this out. Started but never finished the series though it was kinda weird it was also quirky and fun. Hope main character is as awesome as Naota.
Mar 24, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2008
If IMAISHI is not directing it, it's going to be absolute shit.

Even if he was, the idea of replacing Naota with a high school girl is the worst idea ever. I hate it when shows do this.

Mar 24, 2016 7:14 PM

May 2015
This is pretty great, hope the Americans don't screw it up. More collaborations are needed.
Mar 24, 2016 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Chiibi said:

Even if he was, the idea of replacing Naota with a high school girl is the worst idea ever. I hate it when shows do this.
Tsurumaki directed it, should've stayed that way.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Mar 24, 2016 7:25 PM

Sep 2010
mlcdl said:
What's next to re-adapt from the classic?
More like a...
*puts sunglasses on*
...rape-adapt!
YEEEEAAAHH!!!

0K, jokes aside, I'll hope that it'll be the same situation as with Gunbuster, where sequel comes years later and oh dear Lord how much more better it was.

Just don't bring The Pillows back. Seriously, it wasn't just unfitting - it was cringeworthy unfitting, almost on ruining everything level.

0h, and since you're having two girls, one of whom is teenager, instead of a boy and a girl - how about some slight beautiful shoujo-ai undertones?

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Mar 24, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2009
Chiibi said:

Imaishi is just one of the key animators of the original FLCL anime, Imaishi never directed that FLCL
Mar 24, 2016 7:29 PM

Aug 2015
Really, why does this exist? The original FLCL was great and doesn't need to be milked anymore. And in terms of reboots Production I.G should just be working on the reanimation of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and making sure it's fucking awesome.
Mar 24, 2016 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Not really promising for me tbh. This series doesn't need a sequel because it knew when to actually end. So there's no need for one.
Mar 24, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2013
Western sales are starting to matter more and more :(

Rather have more Dandy than this.
Mar 24, 2016 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
Idk how to feel about this honestly. I mean, FLCL was good as it was but eh....

At least it's by one of my favorite studios, Production I.G. Quite a surprise though.
Mar 24, 2016 8:04 PM
Apr 2013
This is superfluous.
Mar 24, 2016 8:18 PM

May 2014
I'll watch it regardless, but I hope it turns out decent. I just hope it somehow captures the charm and quirkiness of the original.
Mar 24, 2016 8:20 PM
Oct 2014
I'm super excited for this, considering they have the creator and the Pillows returning. FLCL is a classic and one of my favorite animes ever. Production IG is a top notch studio, but I wonder if they can recreate that toony, liberal style that gainax put into the original.

Very happy, but I'm also scared it might flop.
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Mar 24, 2016 8:20 PM

Sep 2015
The original OVA was just good as it is and I don't think it necessarily need more season. But since this is FLCL, I still eagerly looking forward to see it, and the premise sounds quite interesting for me, lets see how this one will turn out to be. I wonder if Naota will make an appearance and meet with Haruko back in this new season. And I hope the soundtrack will as good as the Pillow though, or make the Pillow to do it again. Whether it would be a good or flop, I am going to watch it through the end regardless.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Mar 24, 2016 8:23 PM
Oct 2014
kitsune0 said:

Just don't bring The Pillows back. Seriously, it wasn't just unfitting - it was cringeworthy unfitting, almost on ruining everything level.

Blasphemy.

Greatest anime OST ever. Long live the Pillows
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Mar 24, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2015
My pussy is so fucking wet right now...

Oh! and by the way, are the pillows gonna be back?
Mar 24, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
Western sales are starting to matter more and more :(

Rather have more Dandy than this.

I couldn't agree more.

I will still watch this new FLCL nevertheless, unless they make it radically different than the original, which would probably make me puke onto my monitor.

+1 are The Pillows back into this?

Mar 24, 2016 8:40 PM

Nov 2014
So its a sequel, after all. If the anime industry is running out of ideas or not, I don't know.

Mar 24, 2016 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
please bring back the Pillows
Mar 24, 2016 9:06 PM

Sep 2010
No-Look_Kuroko said:
Blasphemy.

Don't you worry, it's just your nostalgia talking. You'll get over it when you grow up.
The Pillows are good band, Thank you, my twilight, for example, is a brilliant masterpiece, but still.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Mar 24, 2016 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Psyris said:
While I'm skeptical and FLCL certainly didn't need a sequel, I'm fucking excited. They plan to bring the Pillows back and key members of the staff are returning! It's going to be a long wait.

^ This, I really don't know how to feel about this. FLCL does not by any means need a sequel at all. I am very nervous how this 'adaption' will turn out, but I'm excited at the same time because I loved the original, but this is SO UNEXPECTED. Crossing my fingers they don't royally screw it up, they have pretty big expectations to meet.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 24, 2016 9:13 PM

Nov 2015
I loved the original (obviously given my avatar) but I hate how many shows and movies (not just anime) are coming back for more. If they can deliver than by all means go for it but it comes at somewhat compromising the fanhood. I don't want to look back and say "ugh, I wish they just would've left it alone." The original season will always be great no matter what but it will have a blemish to go along with it. How often do things go on hiatus for this long and come back good? I have mixed feelings about this hopefully it delivers because more GOOD FLCL is good for everyone. Long live Hideaki Anno the cat!
Mar 24, 2016 9:15 PM

May 2012
There was no need to really have anymore seasons. I mean the first one was perfect imo, but if they think they can pull it off more power to them.
Mar 24, 2016 9:17 PM
Aug 2011
I need to rewatch this since I watched it many years ago and I wasn't mentally ready for any of it.
Mar 24, 2016 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
Cool, hopefully this leads to more western funded anime.
Mar 24, 2016 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
Hoppy said:
Why?

Come on now, it was not popular in Japan where the sales matter.

There are more anime being made now that seem to cater to the western market. Which is smarter in the opinion since theres more money to be made that way.
Mar 24, 2016 11:15 PM

Mar 2014
Mixed feelings. 1 FLCL is one of my favorite things in the world, hype for more. 2. the original was perfect and didn't need to continue, i've been hurt before.

I dunno. For me FLCL is a sacred piece of my childhood. I think i have to watch it, but I don't want to hate it.
Mar 24, 2016 11:16 PM
Dec 2015
asume5 said:
Cool, hopefully this leads to more western funded anime.

There are "Perfect Bones" anime later. It's produced by NETFLIX and also Production I.G.

By the way I heard news that The Pillows and the original cast will come back for this sequels. Also Tsurumaki and Sadamoto (GAINAX Co-Founder) on board. Now I'm a little bit optimistic.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 24, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2011
wot?

this is a prank bro

adult swim? the fuck do they have to do with flcl?

and EVEN if it WAS real, look at fucking diebuster
LOOK AT THAT SHIT
MORE LIKE DISASTER

the link for the new director is the same as tsurumaki
Mar 25, 2016 2:35 AM

Jul 2009
zetsu_shoren said:
the link for the new director is the same as tsurumaki

This has been fixed. Thanks.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 25, 2016 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
kitsune0 said:
No-Look_Kuroko said:
Blasphemy.

Don't you worry, it's just your nostalgia talking. You'll get over it when you grow up.
The Pillows are good band, Thank you, my twilight, for example, is a brilliant masterpiece, but still.

Dunno if you noticed, but you're the ONLY person whining about the Pillows here. Don't look for support, it's useless.
Mar 25, 2016 2:57 AM

Sep 2010
Clebardman said:
Dunno if you noticed, but you're the ONLY person whining about the Pillows here. Don't look for support, it's useless.
Dunno if you noticed, but I don't give a SINGLE fuck about what majority thinks. Don't make up shit, it's useless to try to pose your empty guesses as actual other people's thoughts.

Mar 25, 2016 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
kitsune0 said:
Clebardman said:
Dunno if you noticed, but I don't give a SINGLE fuck about what majority thinks. Don't make up shit, it's useless to try to pose your empty guesses as actual other people's thoughts.

Oh, you don't give a fuck, that's why you posted the same shit twice and quoted another user to tell him his music taste was shit, I see...
Mar 25, 2016 3:03 AM

Sep 2010
Clebardman said:
Oh, you don't give a fuck, that's why you posted the same shit twice and quoted another user to tell him his music taste was shit, I see...
0h, you so don't care about me being the only one disagreed, that's why you continue to whine about you being oh so right and again making up shit I never wrote, I see...

Mar 25, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2015
kitsune0 said:
Clebardman said:
0h, you so don't care about me being the only one disagreed, that's why you continue to whine about you being oh so right and again making up shit I never wrote, I see...

That would be a decent comeback if I said somewhere that I didn't care... Damn you're bad at this, it's not even fun.
Mar 25, 2016 3:10 AM
Jul 2015
Clebardman said:
kitsune0 said:

That would be a decent comeback if I said somewhere that I didn't care... Damn you're bad at this, it's not even fun.

Why you guys gotta be so rude to each other?
hi
Mar 25, 2016 3:17 AM

Jan 2013
Pardon me, I'm going to throw up for a minute...

There... I have one question: WHY?
Mar 25, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2012
I thought that people would be really excited about this, but whatever. As for myself i'm really hyped, it could probably go wrong way, but i really hope that it would be great! Plus now there is the reason to rewatch the classic. I should've already rewatched it, but now i really will.
Mar 25, 2016 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
LOL, my God. Like hell in the world I expected an announcment like this. I gotta quickly dive into the OVA now.
Mar 25, 2016 4:26 AM

Feb 2013
This is so unnecesary uuugh i dont want it.... FLCL is awesome as it is...also why watch it when you're not gonna have Gainax animation on it? -.-

Mar 25, 2016 4:37 AM

Apr 2015
i didn't really like the first one,but maybe this time will be different tho i have to wonder what was the point of a new season
Mar 25, 2016 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
So this will be dubbed in Japanese right? it won't be English dub only?
Mar 25, 2016 5:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uhm... okay?

seems like a really weird call if you ask me
Mar 25, 2016 5:28 AM

Oct 2013
Unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I like FLCL a lot. But I can't stand it when a show, which ended pefectly fine, gets an unnecessary new season just for the sake of nostalgia. And the fact that barely anyone from the original staff is involved doesn't make shit look any better.
Eh, will obviously watch it, but I'll also remain very skeptical.
V0ltgMar 25, 2016 8:03 AM
Mar 25, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2007
Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy.

Hoooboy. When even the synopsis outright Misses the point of the show already you know it will be a trainwreck...

allenjke said:
I thought that people would be really excited about this, but whatever. As for myself i'm really hyped, it could probably go wrong way, but i really hope that it would be great! Plus now there is the reason to rewatch the classic. I should've already rewatched it, but now i really will.

There are a lot of old shows that could have new stories to be told.
FLCL had a very fitting and final ending. It is not one of those shows.
Mar 25, 2016 6:39 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy.

Hoooboy. When even the synopsis outright Misses the point of the show already you know it will be a trainwreck...

allenjke said:

There are a lot of old shows that could have new stories to be told.
FLCL had a very fitting and final ending. It is not one of those shows.

I have to agree with all of this. Oh, well. I'm still a little optimistic as the key staff and musicians are there. And the studio doing it is a good one.
Mar 25, 2016 6:44 AM

May 2012
FLCL was so boring. Watched 3 episodes only, I could not complete it !! No idea what people like about
Mar 25, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2015
badwolf45f said:
This is so unnecesary uuugh i dont want it.... FLCL is awesome as it is...also why watch it when you're not gonna have Gainax animation on it? -.-

Production I.G. worked on FLCL, EoE and NGE: D&R, amongst other things. They're not exactly n00bz at animating stuff, and they're kinda used to Gainax's style too.
Mar 25, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
Clebardman said:
badwolf45f said:

Production I.G. worked on FLCL, EoE and NGE: D&R, amongst other things. They're not exactly n00bz at animating stuff, and they're kinda used to Gainax's style too.

Still...is unecessary :/ idk I guess will have to wait and see but Im not expecting anything good out of it

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.