Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know about you guys , but after 2 seasons I kinda think Zen likes Shirayuki more then she does him. She never show's her emotions like Zen. I just think it's kinda weird. In last few episodes she had more chemistry with Obi. Feels like after their kiss she forces herself to like Zen.What do you guys think ?
Mar 21, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2015
I don't think, Shirayuki is probably shy to show her love to him, indeed, knowing Shirayuki as a big fan of the serie make me sure that if she doesn't like him, she would say it. Because Shirayuki is honest.

And Zen showing his love "Too much" it's just for telling his brother "I won't let Shirayuki, I want to stay with her and I'm capable to do that, you have nothing to say"
Mar 24, 2016 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
Chiyorin5 said:
Shomix said:
I don't know about you guys , but after 2 seasons I kinda think Zen likes Shirayuki more then she does him. She never show's her emotions like Zen. I just think it's kinda weird. In last few episodes she had more chemistry with Obi. Feels like after their kiss she forces herself to like Zen.What do you guys think ?

I couldn't agree more. Obi's and Shirayuki's relationship just feels so much more natural.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know , but it feels like that too me. I don't like to ship, but when something is obvious its obvious. I just don't get the feeling from Shirayuki like I get from Zen. I won't say it's perfect with Obi, but it feels kinda more innocent and natural.
ShomixMar 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Mar 31, 2016 5:37 AM
Mar 2016
Shomix said:
Chiyorin5 said:

I couldn't agree more. Obi's and Shirayuki's relationship just feels so much more natural.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know , but it feels like that too me. I don't like to ship, but when something is obvious its obvious. I just don't get the feeling from Shirayuki like I get from Zen. I won't say it's perfect with Obi, but it feels kinda more innocent and natural.

I agree with you, since I'm also feeling the same about Obi and Shirayuki's relationship. I know many people will confuse, especially when reading the manga, they're (characters) not really showing it much. It's kinda ambiguous, especially their expressions and words. Not everything is clearly enough and it doesn't conclude anything. Whether Shirayuki still love Zen so much or not, whether or not Zen still keep his feeling because he can judge person real good. And whether or not Obi will continue to keep his feeling or steal her away from Zen. (Well, just like Shirayuki's dad, I guess lol)
But I judge the obvious because I read many shoujo manga like this. anything can happen on the way, especially with this long plot and still not much things has been revealed.
Just reading or watching the anime, ones should know whom the heroine should be with, tho.
Mar 31, 2016 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Ichiko23 said:
Shomix said:

I agree with you, since I'm also feeling the same about Obi and Shirayuki's relationship. I know many people will confuse, especially when reading the manga, they're (characters) not really showing it much. It's kinda ambiguous, especially their expressions and words. Not everything is clearly enough and it doesn't conclude anything. Whether Shirayuki still love Zen so much or not, whether or not Zen still keep his feeling because he can judge person real good. And whether or not Obi will continue to keep his feeling or steal her away from Zen. (Well, just like Shirayuki's dad, I guess lol)
But I judge the obvious because I read many shoujo manga like this. anything can happen on the way, especially with this long plot and still not much things has been revealed.
Just reading or watching the anime, ones should know whom the heroine should be with, tho.

? The current arc in the manga is...

Lelouch22Mar 31, 2016 9:58 AM
Mar 31, 2016 5:31 PM
Mar 2016
Lelouch22 said:
Ichiko23 said:

? The current arc in the manga is...

If you said it like that, I can't help that you have a naive thinking. Because I have read many mangas like this, that's why I can said it like this. Have you ever read this?

If you haven't, then read it. You'll know what I mean.

The ending really twisted so much which the readers didn't expect. They thought the ending was obvious, but in the end no. It was shocking, really.
Chill, what I meant was: Anything can happen in Shoujo manga. The author has something in his/her mind. And I just look for possible plot so I won't have shock at the ending. And looking at the arc, I think it still really has a long way to go. We even haven't know the detail of Obi and Shirayuki's past. I mean, it really still blurred and doesn't revealed much. Of course, I'm not sad if Zen and Shirayuki are really for each other. I'm just stating my opinions looking for any possibilities. So no hard feelings. Cheers~
Ichiko23Mar 31, 2016 5:34 PM
Apr 4, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
OP, I'm not sure why you think Zen loves more than Shirayuki. Maybe we were watching different shows. Let's see:

-When she leaves for Raji's kingdom, she asks Zen for something of his to take with her. He gives her his watch and we literally see her putting the watch around her neck every time she dresses. I even found it punctured her fashion sense because the strap for the watch is black and throws off her outfit to me.

-The night before the ball, we see her on her bed holding the watch in her hand and looking forlorn because she has to more days in Raji's kingdom away from Zen. How much more obvious could that be that she's missing Zen.

-When she's on the pirate ship and the boat started taking off from the shore, we see her softly crying when her shoulders are shaking from behind and she whispers Zen's name.

-when Kiki told her that Zen came for her to taker home she begins to cry. Even at that point Katzuki realizes that his actions were wrong to kidnap her.

-When she wakes up on the pirate ship and realized the danger she was in, while she was under the covers she grabs her chest thinking that Zen's watch was hanging around her neck and then remembers that she dropped it during the kidnapping. So why exactly was she reaching for his watch? Could it be because she was trying to find comfort for her fear while holding on to his watch?

-When she reunited with Zen she finally breaks down and begin to cry in his arms.

-When Zen bids her goodnight at her father's place in the mountain, she grabs on to him and asks him to stay with her longer.

-when Katzuki asks her to stay with the Lions in the mountain she promptly tells him no and her place is in Clarines.

-Even Shirayuki's dad recognizes she's in love with Zen.

-When she finds out that Zen had a marriage interview she said her heart started racing.

-she cries when she asks Zen if it's okay if she thinks that she can be by his side in the future.

There are still a lot more moments that clearly show that Shirayuki loves Zen. I can understand if their romance doesn't excite you but at least be honest with what the anime convey. Shirayuki does not have to go around saying "I Love You, Zen" all the time in order to convey her love for Zen. It is clearly shown in her story and interactions with him. Her heart races when she's in his arms and she misses him when he's not there with her. The two clearly love each other very much and have a good relationship. And the beautiful thing is that no matter what tests they face their relationship remains strong.

And as much as some want Shirayuki to become OOC and run off with Obi, the fact is even with Shirayuki and Zen separated for two years and Obi by her side, absolutely nothing romantic has occurred between Obi and her. It's not even on her radar. I love that she's not some capricious shoujo heroine who doesn't know what she wants.
Taylor_elleApr 4, 2016 8:31 PM
Apr 4, 2016 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Taylor_elle said:
OP, I'm not sure why you think Zen loves more than Shirayuki. Maybe we were watching different shows. Let's see:

-When she leaves for Raji's kingdom, she asks Zen for something of his to take with her. He gives her his watch and we literally see her putting the watch around her neck every time she dresses. I even found it punctured her fashion sense because the strap for the watch is black and throws off her outfit to me.

-The night before the ball, we see her on her bed holding the watch in her hand and looking forlorn because she has to more days in Raji's kingdom away from Zen. How much more obvious could that be that she's missing Zen.

-When she's on the pirate ship and the boat started taking off from the shore, we see her softly crying when her shoulders are shaking from behind and she whispers Zen's name.

-when Kiki told her that Zen came for her to taker home she begins to cry. Even at that point Katzuki realizes that his actions were wrong to kidnap her.

-When she wakes up on the pirate ship and realized the danger she was in, while she was under the covers she grabs her chest thinking that Zen's watch was hanging around her neck and then remembers that she dropped it during the kidnapping. So why exactly was she reaching for his watch? Could it be because she was trying to find comfort for her fear while holding on to his watch?

-When she reunited with Zen she finally breaks down and begin to cry in his arms.

-When Zen bids her goodnight at her father's place in the mountain, she grabs on to him and asks him to stay with her longer.

-when Katzuki asks her to stay with the Lions in the mountain she promptly tells him no and her place is in Clarines.

-When she finds out that Zen had a marriage interview she said her heart started racing.

-she cries when she asks Zen if it's okay if she thinks that she can be by his side in the future.

There are still a lot more moments that clearly show that Shirayuki loves Zen. I can understand if their romance doesn't excite you but at least be honest with what the anime convey. Shirayuki does not have to go around saying "I Love You, Zen" all the time in order to convey her love for Zen. It is clearly shown in her story and interactions with him. Her heart races when she's in his arms and she misses him when he's not there with her. The two clearly love each other very much and have a good relationship. And the beautiful thing is that no matter what tests they face their relationship remains strong.

And as much as some want Shirayuki to become OOC and run off with Obi, the fact is even with Shirayuki and Zen separated for two years and Obi by her side, absolutely nothing romantic has occurred between Obi and her. It's not even on her radar. I love that she's not some capricious shoujo heroine who doesn't know what she wants.

You got it wrong. I don't want Shirayuki to end up with Obi, I like Zen more. I just said that Zen likes Shirayuki more. I kinda disslike characters like Shirayuki, maybe because I don't watch shoujo. My point is that their relationship is weird. Shirayuki seems uncertain of her feelings in some way. I don't want her to run away with Obi, I just want to see her step up a little bit in romantic sense.
Apr 5, 2016 1:41 AM
Jul 2015
Taylor_elle said:

PREACH THIS!!!!!!!

ZenYukiObi is my ultimate OT3, they love and respect each other so much. It really urges me when i see some ppl(mostly anime fans) degrades Zen because he isn't their typical shoujo male character.

I really like how realistic ZenYuki is since they starts off as friends and slowly develope romantic feelings for each other through circumstances. Their relationship doesn't need any dramatic moments to make it more interesting.

About Obi, yup he likes Shirayuki, but that feeling is the same as he feels towards Zen, so there's no way it will end up with a twist like hirunaka no ryuusei as mentioned above(i did read the manga tho and i don't think it's a twist at all haha)
sachiaApr 5, 2016 8:22 AM
Apr 5, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
sachia said:
PREACH THIS!!!!!!!

ZenYukiObi is my ultimate OT3, they love and respect each other so much. It really urges me when i see some ppl(mostly anime fans) degrades Zen because he isn't their typical shoujo male character.

I really like how realistic ZenYuki is since they starts off as friends and slowly develope romantic feelings for each other through circumstances. Their relationship doesn't need any dramatic moments to make it more interesting.

About Obi, yup he likes Shirayuki, but that feeling is the same as he feels towards Zen, so there's no way it will end up with a twist like hirunaka no ryuusei like mentioned above(i did read the manga tho and i don't think it's a twist at all haha)

I don't see why they have to degrade him. The guy is charming, intelligent, responsible, loyal, fair, honest, charismatic, etc. It's quite obvious that he is respected by the nobles and knights and he gains respect from people after the know him. Heck, even Obi respects and likes him. He's liked and respected by Shirayuki's dad, the bird girl grandfather, and even Raji's father showed him respect. Honestly, I find this guy very likeable and I really like the respect he shows Izana and the way he thinks through his plans before acting. I think he will make a solid leader and support to Izana when the time comes. I especially like that he intends to accomplish his goal to support his brother and take Shirayuki into the future with him although she's also pursuing her own path that leads to a future that supports him.

I understand the appeal of Obi because he can fight (and that must trump everything else and everyone else for anime fans) and says amusing things but every character has a role to play in this story. It's kind of like people ignore the setting in the story and the background and responsibility of the characters.

For example, when Shirayuki got kidnapped people complained that she is a damsel in distress because she can't save herself. How unbelievably stupid is that comment. The girl is an intellectual character who has probably never fought in her life and people expect her to somehow escape from brutal pirates. Again it clearly shows that they don't take into consideration Shirayuki's character and background. Even Kazuki was getting beaten up and they expect a physically weak girl like Shiayuki to somehow outwit or overpower pirates in a totally foreign environment too.

I don't know the manga you mentioned but I am infinitely glad for a character like Shirayuki who is unwavering in her goal and loyalty. It would be OOC to see her make a complete turnaround and pursue another guy. From the very beginning she said she came to Clarines to see how Zen lives in this country. To do that she decided to aim for the Palace pharmacist so that she can see how Zen lives and also to support him. The path to her goal and the limit of her goal has changed according as the story progressed but the overarching goal still remained constant throughout and that is to support Zen by his side. This establishes the steadfastness of her character. Even Izana eventually recognized that and decided to become their ally because he understood that they are serious about each other and like Shirayuki basically told Izana, she's not going anywhere. She intends to remain with Zen.

People who say that her interaction with Zen is not natural must be also watching another anime because these two characters hit it off from almost the beginning of their friendship. They obviously get along well to the point where the other characters have already observed that while everything around Zen and Shirayuki changes, the two still remain the same in the core of their relationship.
Taylor_elleApr 5, 2016 5:18 AM
Apr 5, 2016 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
Shomix said:
You got it wrong. I don't want Shirayuki to end up with Obi, I like Zen more. I just said that Zen likes Shirayuki more. I kinda disslike characters like Shirayuki, maybe because I don't watch shoujo. My point is that their relationship is weird. Shirayuki seems uncertain of her feelings in some way. I don't want her to run away with Obi, I just want to see her step up a little bit in romantic sense.

To be honest, I don't know what Shirayuki needs to do in order to demonstrate to you that she loves Zen. To me the anime is practically overflowing with Shirayuki's love for Zen. I really don't know why you think Zen shows his love more. I just don't see it. If you mean he takes the initiative more, there's nothing wrong with that because Shirayuki always responds favorably to his advances. She has never rejected him emotionally or physically. Perhaps also Shirayuki restrains herself a bit because Zen is still a prince and the issue is more complicated than if he wasn't.

Also, if you are talking about Zen's conversations with Izana and his basically declaring his love for Shirayuki, those conversations are necessary in order for Zen to forge a path to take Shirayuki ( a commoner) as his bride. Zen cannot act how he wants to because he also cannot sacrifice his goal to become Izana's strength. He wants to protect "both" of his goals to both Izana and Shirayuki. His friends also know how he feels because Zen admits it to them hoping that they would support him on the path to a future with Shirayuki. Kiki and Mitsu are ready to support that goal with Zen because he will need them as he grows into his role as a leader in control of the **SPOILER** Northern Castle of Clarines where his mother now rules.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.