Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2016 1:32 PM

Oct 2010
Overall, still a predictable "mystery" story that was told rather well with high production values. It's predictability and stupid moments dropped it from a 9/10 to an 8/10 for me. Yes, I do think it's stupid that Kayo and Hiromi screwed hi mover like that. Even though 15 years had gone by, you don't just go and hook up with the person you think your friend is into. It's an unspoken pact. Most people wouldn't marry their best friend's wife if he died. Sure, they were not really a couple but it was heavily hinted that they had feelings. That's where the real problem was. The writing lead the audience to believe that, then threw it under the bus for no explained reason other than to give Kayo a baby and be like "lol look what you did by saving me". It wasn't needed. Her life alone was enough. They didn't even have to get together. The problem was simply that one of his best friends got with her. Even if it was a random person, that would've been fine...but his friend? Just rude.

The end with Airi was really nice, even though their ages are pretty far apart lol.
KougeruMar 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2016
Now THATS how you end an anime!!! To be honest I was a bit worried about this show getting a bad ending, but looks like I worried for nothing. Amazing anime, definitely a contender for the end of year lists. Now its time to wrap up a great week and finish Clannad AS

Jan 2015
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

it's 2010, she has 21 and he has 33
Sep 2014
The ending still didn't change my opinion about the anime being an episode of Detective Conan stretched into 12 episodes. Him being helped by his mother and friends is so predictable, I wish they didn't show the scenes of him talking to them before the rooftop incident.
Maybe there's a different effect when you binge-watch the anime instead of waiting for next episode every week because the cliffhangers doesn't have that intense effect on you.
Jul 2015
In all Reality was anybody bugged and felt that the last 3 episodes were like rushed or skipped some important manga material or is it just me
Mar 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2007
An otherwise mediocre episode made somewhat better by reappearance of the only interesting character in the show - the PizzaGirl. Its hilarious that the character who had absolutely no real purpose in the show ended up being the best one. It does not matter that that scene makes absolutely no sense because rarely anything makes sense in this show.

How to sum this up? Conveniences. Satoru spent whole show being complete idiot because it was convenient. He could not do even basic shit like getting out of seatbelt because it was convenient. And in this episode he becomes sherlock holmes(Despite there being absolutely no sign her can do any thinking at all in whole show) because it is convenient for the story.
The MC's powers? Oh they also mysterious disappear because they are no longer convenient. Explanation? What explanation. They were there because it was convenient for plot.

Another word? Apathy. Apart from PizzaGirl, I felt absolutely nothing. Satoru our EdgelordMC became a mangaka? Great. IF only we actually SAW him struggle towards his goal or his past teaching him towards that and his experiences getting him out of his random depression that he started the show in. Nope. Instead we got to see him try to save this random girl because why not and chase A Serial Killer who was motivated by hamsters, pretending that its some complex and interesting mystery when it could have been solved in two episodes.

How to sum up the whole show? Anticlimatic. The show started with a decent first episode. Then it slowly went worse till it completely jumped the shark by Ep5 only getting worse with each episode. The coma plotline in latest few episodes was literally screaming at the viewers that the writers had no idea how to conclude the storyline so they did that to pull a bunch of asspulls into an ending. It made an already weird pacing of a story into even worse mess.

Erased had promise. Yet instead of exploring the great concept, it bogged itself down in completely generic and completely easy to solve murder "mystery", which was further made worse by the braindead one note characters, anvilicious on the nose "symbolism" and utterly awful present day parts. What's more the writers and the director seemed to be completely unable to present or build up any sort of tone or use subtlety at all, in the end making a lot of supposedly deep and profound scenes into an unintentional comedy.

4/10 for episode
3/10 for the series.
Mar 24, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
xaos12 said:

It was already confirmed that he is a pedo.
He probably get that from Yashiro xD

No yashiro is both gay and pedo. Satoru just loves young legs(maybe a pedo). He may hook up with kenya in future if he follows sensei.

Jan 2015
arilando said:
How did they from which part of the roof Satoru would fall from? How did they even know he would fall down from the roof?
That was the only spot with an opening gate. And they knew because it was their plan all along. Satoru rushed to the edge himself as you saw.

Dec 2014
Though they rushed it towards the end, The ended it quite decently.
Would have loved it if they had explored Yashiro's character more, Guess I'll have to read the manga for that.
Which hospital leaves the terrace fences open?xD

Some really good dialogues as well especially in the second half of the episode, The whole "My Hero" story by Satoru was really nice especially the way he narrated it.

Overall I really enjoyed the series, They did rush the second half cause it was a single cour adaptations but they still did it well. Would have loved a little more spotlight on Airi especially since it's an Airi end xD

9/10 for me.
Mar 24, 2016 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Nezperdian said:
So much salt over here.
It's cute how people expect an adaptation to cover every posible detail of a manga/LN/VN.

sure skipping trivial details like how the fuck he survived in episode 10 is nothing to complain about
Aug 2013
Javonero said:
In all Reality was anybody bugged and felt that the last 3 episodes were like rushed or skipped some important manga material or is it just me

That's right, the original story was completely butchered. But I don't give a f*ck.

Jan 2015
ColdBreeze said:
But after all, his "Revival" was random shit? It disappeared? Well, can't say if I can believe it.

Well, I guess we all knew it was for the plot.

He appears in this episode with a wife and a child.

Oct 2015
I though it was pretty good, now on to the next over-hyped anime.

May 2015
Really sad that we never got to see Airi again after his last Revival up until the last scene of this final episode. Nonetheless, in the end, I loved this show. Solid final. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 10/10.

Mar 24, 2016 1:38 PM
Mar 2015
What was the point of all of this? Non of these characters learned anything, their beliefs weren't challenged, everything remained static, one dimensional. So then was the point enjoyment? It doesn't seem to be a particularly fun series to watch, with all the “suspense”. You know what this series is? Pretentious. No, I can't even call it that because that would infer that effort was put into this script. No, this was manipulation of the viewers who let them self’s be manipulated. This anime has done absolutely nothing interesting, and I can't for the life of me understand what people see in this anime. Sword Art Online was also a pile of malarkey, but at least it was fun to watch, it was fantasy empowerment for the otakus; at the very least I could get behind someone liking it. But Erased makes no sense to me. Every aspect of the writing is a complete train wreak, the superficial things that the fan base praises is complete ignorance. Unique art style and music, what are you talking about, if you want a truly unique anime go watch Kaiba or Tatami galaxy. It pains me to do it but I want to get a point across. Tatami galaxy had plot device like in erased where the main character would unwillingly go back in time. Galaxy gave a vague explanation as to why this happened, but the major difference is that that plot device was used to develop the character and teach him moral and life lessons, all done in a brilliantly written and creative manner. On the other hand, Erased had this plot device and purely used it as a plot device to accomplish the protagonist's goals and nothing more. It was not explained and was left just as what it is. All this series has done is romanticize its characters and pull at those heart strings. The last episode closed the mystery in the most lazy way possible, focused instead on pleasing the fan base: Pointless

Mod Edit: Removed one line that was bait
TyrelMar 24, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
Siul-08 said:
xaos12 said:

It was already confirmed that he is a pedo.

Well in that scene the year was 2010 so airi had around 21 years old and satoru 33 i dont see any problem on that

and the scene he said he wanted to sleep with hinazuki in episode 9 does not prove he is a pedo?

Feb 2015
I loved this anime so much! The adaptation was pretty good. I got chills all over my body after watching this! ļ¼ˆćƒŸļæ£ćƒ¼ļæ£ćƒŸļ¼‰

And there is still hope for Satoru x Airi! (ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿāœ§

Jan 2013
Norakagami said:
Alright, it was good! Though I still wonder where the dude who they accused of the murders at first (and went to prison while being innocent) is now? I guess we'll never know. But it was a really good show, I loved seeing Airi at the end and it was overall a very interesting storyline.

Did you miss the scene where Satoru meets with him in the present day? Skip to 17:35, there's a short scene of them shaking hands.
Mar 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Fappa said:

People that have read the source material me included swear on it.

You could say it's a more darker, fucked up version of Steins;Gate in a fantasy setting. And the author has no mercy with you just a warning :D

What makes it also even better is the fact that it is done by Silver Link ( makers of Steins;Gate for example ) and it is confirmed to be 2 cour with a 1 hour long first episode special. So they seem to go all out with this one.

Yeah, that's exactly why I am hyped. Silver Link and 24 episodes.

I just love the fantasy setting. And if it's dark, I'm sure I'm going to love it. If they adapt it well, it could be my favourite of the season :D

I'm sorry I don't know why I wrote Silver Link there when it's White Fox guess LMAO. Oh dark is an understatement believe me.

Yeah if they do it right is the question here. I just hope they don't cut it down to its comedy which only works properly with the cruel and dark side of the story. It makes that so bittersweet it's crazy.

But hey it's White Fox ( had to check if I wrote it correctly this time lol ) so I'll trust them. It can easily be a Erased/Steins;Gate/KonoSuba kind of mix.
Mar 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
The ending was a lot better than I expected it to be. As a non-manga reader, I'd say I was relatively satisfied with the anime as a whole, though the post Kayo arc made my overall rating go down. The show had lots of potential and it lived up to it at first, but I even I could tell that lots of shit was rushed around the end.

8/10
Mar 24, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
We have an original ending with this adaption, i like it more than the manga, but there were some things that does not explain like in the manga

10/10, for me is the best animu of this year, till now

Armisrael
The fate of Destructionā–¬ā–¬ā–¬ā–¬ā–¬ā–¬ā–¬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ā–¬ ā–¬ā–¬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Mar 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2015
HenchmanForM said:
Some people really hates the end episode, because... 15 years in 20 seconds

and I said... DONT BE A PUSSY!

It was a good end and there is nothing wrong about it...

-----------

Wait, WHAT?!

No

No... No...

NO...

NOOO!!! Why her? Why the fucking butterfly?

-----------

I still like this ep.

That butterfly can be taken in two ways. Either
A. He still has his gift and he'll have to save Airi but that's doubtful in this one since she no longer knows him in this timeline or
B. It's a last parting gift from time, destiny, whatever you want to call it. It's as if time is also trying to right some wrongs and them two not knowing each other is beyond wrong. I think he and Airi will get a real chance together, especially since he's grown so much and has learned to be more assertive and take life by the horns. This is how I interpret it.

It's funny because all that time he lost, he never lost. He still has his old adult memories and even though in this timeline he lost all that time he actually gained more than he ever did in his old timeline. He has great friends and has grown more mature, is more confident in himself and others and has learned to never give up....with anything. He's now successful and he just met Airi again. For someone who lost so many years he sure did gain a lot and show a lot of growth.
Mar 24, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2015

Typical anime philosophy, another kind complicated explanation to justify "believing".

Let's put it honest, believe in something or someone is simply mean that you don't want admit that you don't know or pretending to know about that something or someone. Basically if you already "know" then you become "knowing" and you don't need to "believing".

Saying "I don't know" is better than "I believe" because if you don't know then at least the possibilities of "wanting to know" always open, BUT if you pretending to know or just believing then the possibilities are closed and you get stuck in your doubt forever.
Mar 24, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

I'm really hyped for it. Luckily it's not as hyped as BokuMachi. Never read the source, but I heard really good stuff about it!^^

You could say it's a more darker, fucked up version of Steins;Gate in a fantasy setting. And the author has no mercy with you just a warning :D

What makes it also even better is the fact that it is done by Silver Link ( makers of Steins;Gate for example ) and it is confirmed to be 2 cour with a 1 hour long first episode special. So they seem to go all out with this one.

Uhhh last time I checked White Fox not Silver Link is responsible for Re:Zero and Steins;Gate.

But other than that yes, Re:Zero has a lot of things going for it, only about a week until first ep airs!
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 24, 2016 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I enjoyed this series (I haven't read the manga which seems key to that!) and thought the ending while cheezy, was well put together. Solid anime allround.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2016 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
ALMOST made me cry at the suicide part

the ending was really beautiful and all,but i still don't consider this a masterpiece as most are rating it such. 8/10 for me :)

Jul 2015
Well it was a good ending and a good anime overall 9/10, but still ... i was hoping for something crazy at the the end, it was a psychological anime after all.

Jan 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Nezperdian said:
So much salt over here.
It's cute how people expect an adaptation to cover every posible detail of a manga/LN/VN.

sure skipping trivial details like how the fuck he survived in episode 10 is nothing to complain about
Use your imagination. I haven't read the manga so I'm not 100% sure but if I had to guess, when Satoru shouted "I know your future" Yashiro regretted killing him and pulled him back. There was no one else there so I don't think anything else could've happened. They even discussed Satoru knowing Yashiro's future in this episode and Satoru being the only reason for Yashiro to live. This is also tagged as mystery so they are not going to tell you everything at the spot (even though Yashiro being the killer was really obvious even early on).
Mar 24, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Kind of felt bad for Gaku. I mean, how can you compete with an MC with a power that literally lets you reset everything?
And I guess they're never going to explain why Satoru even has Revival. They could make an even better second season out of the power and more revolving around Airi, but I guess that will never happen even as an original.
Well the anime was entertaining if anything. But everything went downhill after the first episode imo.

7/10.
Mar 24, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
Turtletim said:
What was the point of all of this? Non of these characters learned anything, their beliefs weren't challenged, everything remained static, one dimensional. So then was the point enjoyment?

Thats the biggest problem with this show - not only nothing made any sense, but nothing served any purpose to further the characters.

When the show started I expected the time mechanics to be used to teach him a lesson about life, turn it all around and end up asking Airi out. That was what seemed to be the show about in Ep1.

Then the show spent the entirety of itself by chasing a completely uninteresting serial murder "mystery", none of the characters mattered or changed and then the end happened.

In fact if you just took the first episode and replaced everything from the start of murder plotline with the last parts of this episode of him meeting Airi - you would get a better OVA styled story.
An MC has weird power and hates his life. He feels like he lost his chance at life already and feels his existence is pointless. He then meets this nice girl Airi at work but is unable to really open up or ask her out. Via his power he gets into a hospital and gets visited by the girl and the whole experience makes him appreciate life more. As he checks out of hospital he observes the kid he saved and the life he leads learning a lesson of just how much every day decisions matter. Afterward he encounters the Airi again and starts a relationship with her turning his life around learning that it is never too late to turn your life around just like he did with his power thing to others.

OH LOOK I FIXED ERASED AND DID NOT WASTE 12 EPISODES ON IT!
Mar 24, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2011
Was pretty good tbh, better than all the harem shit endings. 8.5
Mar 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
The butterfly in the episode's final... mean that there is something wrong, isn't it?
Mar 24, 2016 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
Zemroid said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Use your imagination. I haven't read the manga so I'm not 100% sure but if I had to guess, when Satoru shouted "I know your future" Yashiro regretted killing him and pulled him back. There was no one else there so I don't think anything else could've happened. They even discussed Satoru knowing Yashiro's future in this episode and Satoru being the only reason for Yashiro to live. This is also tagged as mystery so they are not going to tell you everything at the spot (even though Yashiro being the killer was really obvious even early on).

i read the manga and know that was not what happened
also if the anime is to lazy to explain important plot points like that i sure as hell do not pretend to explain it for them
Mar 24, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2015
i came home from work early today just so i could finish this last episode. I'm quite pleased with how the show ended, definitely a 10/10 for me, though like many others i gave it that rating like...3 episodes in...

now its time to go read the manga!
Mar 24, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Very rarely does anything ever make me smile. I usually have to force one. The ending legit made me smile and only two other series' endings have ever done that for me. It was 9/10 for most of the show, but the ending is what finally pushed it up to a 10 for me.
Mar 24, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
Fai said:
Turtletim said:
What was the point of all of this? Non of these characters learned anything, their beliefs weren't challenged, everything remained static, one dimensional. So then was the point enjoyment?

Thats the biggest problem with this show - not only nothing made any sense, but nothing served any purpose to further the characters.

When the show started I expected the time mechanics to be used to teach him a lesson about life, turn it all around and end up asking Airi out. That was what seemed to be the show about in Ep1.

Then the show spent the entirety of itself by chasing a completely uninteresting serial murder "mystery", none of the characters mattered or changed and then the end happened.

In fact if you just took the first episode and replaced everything from the start of murder plotline with the last parts of this episode of him meeting Airi - you would get a better OVA styled story.
An MC has weird power and hates his life. He feels like he lost his chance at life already and feels his existence is pointless. He then meets this nice girl Airi at work but is unable to really open up or ask her out. Via his power he gets into a hospital and gets visited by the girl and the whole experience makes him appreciate life more. As he checks out of hospital he observes the kid he saved and the life he leads learning a lesson of just how much every day decisions matter. Afterward he encounters the Airi again and starts a relationship with her turning his life around learning that it is never too late to turn your life around just like he did with his power thing to others.

well to say none of the characters learned anything is actually incorrect satoru learned to trust his friends what a awesome character development
Mar 24, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
Fappa said:

Uhhh last time I checked White Fox not Silver Link is responsible for Re:Zero and Steins;Gate.

But other than that yes, Re:Zero has a lot of things going for it, only about a week until first ep airs!

Yeah I already saw my mistake and clarified that for him. I should edit it too, Thanks! Don't know why but I get those two mixed up all the time LOL.

I think the fact that it is a mystery, psychological anime with more than 12 episodes is reason enough to anticipate it a lot.

I just hope they don't go too hard on the censoring and keep the overall dark theme coupled with the great and natural ( and bittersweet T-T ) character interactions between "those two".
Mar 24, 2016 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
How Satoru know Airi in this timeline? It was a mistake or purposely?

Jan 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Zemroid said:

also if the anime is to lazy to explain important plot points like that i sure as hell do not pretend to explain it for them
What do you mean "pretend to explain it for them"? I don't pretend anything, just gave you my theory of what happened. Doesn't matter at all if it's right or not, the anime didn't give me the answer so I have to guess myself.
Mar 2015
Fai said:
Turtletim said:

An MC has weird power and hates his life. He meets this nice girl Airi at work but is unable to really open up or ask her out. Via his power he gets into a hospital and gets visited by the girl and the whole experience makes him appreciate life more. As he checks out of hospital he encounters the Airi again and starts a relationship with her turning his life around.

You've got a damn good point there on how to fix Erased. In the mind of a fan of this anime, that's all that happened; that is why this anime is pointless, remove that ending and everyone would be in in arms.
Mar 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
So beautiful... šŸ˜­ such a great anime.

Dec 2015
Now that it's been a week, I've realized I was salty previous episode for no reason, I'm just happy seeing her get her own happy ending after everything she had been through. The last scene was satisfying seeing them meet each other even though Airi did come out of nowhere.
In the end this was a fun watch.
8/10

Aug 2015
Was waiting for that pizza delivery girl the whole episode, and then she appeared for 10 seconds in the end. B etter than nothing atleast

Oct 2009
- NOT. LIKE. THIS. -
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Mar 24, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
What a ride that has been.

This ending was pretty satisfying for me and I can say the overall anime is pretty good.

9/10 - Airi best girl
Mar 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
I especially liked the art when they were on the roof. Really well done. Was waiting for the pizza girl to show up, I wonder if she remembers or not. Which makes me think, how do alternate timelines work?
Mar 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
Zemroid said:
gabrielrroiz said:

What do you mean "pretend to explain it for them"? I don't pretend anything, just gave you my theory of what happened. Doesn't matter at all if it's right or not, the anime didn't give me the answer so I have to guess myself.

the anime has to give you answers for important plot points not let the viewer imagination decide what happened
Mar 24, 2016 2:01 PM
May 2015
Wow, I thought the ending was going to be a piece of shit but it was a great ending. It wasn't a masterpiece but it was great. Just like Your Lie in April, they explained what the title meant and it was kind of emotional. Time to read the manga's ending because some people are telling me right now that the ending of the manga was horrible. Also, that Airi appearance at the end though.

There are a few flaws though like the ending being slightly rushed and the teacher's flashback not explained properly.

Episode 1-8 (10/10)
Episode 9-10 (9/10)
Episode 11 (7/10)
Final Episode (9/10)

I'll rate the show with a 9 out of 10. People rating this show with 7 or below are way too strict :/

Mar 24, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2009
The ending was satisfying and had a nice closure. Maybe not amazing that it could have been like the first few episodes but still was good. It was a town without him but he was still a part of their lives and vice versa.

Visit my anime review blog on TisLife.net and on YOUTUBE, thanks!
Mar 24, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
Quite an underwhelming ending. I really wanted to see more of Airi. You would think she would be more important. I guess I'll check out the manga. Anyway over I really enjoyed this series. I find it hard to marathon usually so this really struck a chord with me.

8/10
[center][/center]
Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.