Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2009
7/10 honestly surprised this is rated so highly. Its by no means an awful show but it is very predictable and probably shouldnt be rated in the top 10 anime on MAL.
Mar 24, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't expect a happy ending like this. Agree with the 1st half being better even though I didn't mind the 11th ep but it did seem rushed, even from an anime only viewer
Raz1515Mar 24, 2016 12:32 PM
Mar 24, 2016 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
Loved it. Really good. 10/10. Nothing wrong with the finale. Now then, 23% of people hated it, so I'm going to see why...
Mar 24, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2014
meh, I feel like the ending could have been better, especially with that scene on the roof...

The very final scene with Airi felt like a sop to me, but whatever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2012
1idd0kun said:
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

The last scene takes place in 2010. That's why she's older. He's older too.

I see, I thought the anime started off when he was in his mid thirties as well. But I just checked, he was 29.

Mar 2012
So, the whole Kumi-chan thing Yashiro said was a lie all along? That's the only thing that wasn't clear for me yet.

BUT THE BEST PART WAS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AIRI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would give it an 8 but after that last scene, it's a proud 9 all the way. Time to read the manga now!!!!!!!

Jul 2015
that rooftop scene... I don't now why I was expecting Satoru to drift in that wheelchair
Mar 24, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2008
Mar 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
10/10 for Kayo's Arc

It is just really bad that it only 12 episode :v

Apr 2014
this ending was alot better than the manga version as in the manga they really didnt include all his friends from his past after a certain point while the anime included them all making things alot more satisfying than what happened in the manga

over all imo anime > manga
"one step at a time"

Jun 2015
Well that was a better last episode than I was expecting. Thought the rooftop scene was pretty lackluster though.
:)
Mar 24, 2016 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
Yashiro confirmed gay.

8.5/10.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Mar 24, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
Everything after the Kayo's arc ended was a bit rushed and final gambit felt like it came from nowhere, but I still think it was pretty much solid show. I was disappointed with episodes 10 and 11, feeling there should be more in there, but I think sudden happy end was meant as a patch for disappointed people like me.
Mar 24, 2016 11:55 AM
Nov 2012
RayAdha said:
Satoru and Airi...destined to be together even in different timeline, nice.

Satisfying ending for such thrilling anime. 8/10

The best part about this show was author's attempt to troll shippers, priceless.

Trolling is the best possible word for it. People tend to forget that adaptions do not have to follow the source material. I think the show did good on its own right, considering the amount of episodes it was given.

That aside, I rate this the same as Clannad, since they both used magic to pull a "happy ending" out of left field. Granted it wasn't bad, just not as good as it could have been.
Nothing to see here, please proceed to the next window.
Mar 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
8/10 for me and that's because the first 5 episodes were really solid..

unfortunately it started going down in quality from that point on and the lack of character development from side characters made this kinda 1 dimensional in terms of story direction.

oh and this definitely does not deserve to be in the top 10 but we all know MAL ratings are terrible.
Mar 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
I know this series was rushed but I enjoyed it very much.
8/10.
Mar 24, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
A scene of decently written philosophical/psychological dialogue with competent cinematography and directing, culminating in a character falling three stories onto an enormous whuppie cushion? Is it some kind of bizarre self-referential meta-commentary on the series itself?

All joking aside the final episode was somewhat better than I anticipated given my issues with ep 10 and 11. I'm going with an 8, plot definitely faltered in the second half but shot composition, cinematography, editing, all remained on point for the entire duration. In other words, excellent technical execution of what ended up being just-decent content. And the soundtrack was great, with both the opening and ending themes being highlights among recent series' imo.

Airi's sudden reappearance at the end didn't really bother me. I had a feeling they really wanted to use Airi in more of a symbolic sense - specifically a symbol that everything has returned to normal - rather than as a fully fleshed-out character in her own right.

EDIT: (below) I would've actually preferred that Satoru-Sensei double-suicide ending just for the novelty and shock value, but I don't think it would've meshed well with the themes.
raegazelMar 24, 2016 12:00 PM
Mar 24, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
no double suicide with Sensei ending
F.ck everything.
Mar 24, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Enjoyed the ending more than I thought I would after reading a few of the posts here. Though it was predictable, it was done well imo. It was pretty touching to see that girl who hated kayo at first change into a better (andpretty)person. I loved how they did the montage on the 2nd half with the ED,kinda made me like the even song more.

Also, Airi at the end was a nice bonus. Idk why people say it makes no sense when it's meant to be a fateful re-encounter. Kinda gave her "believing" speech more meaning, at least to me it did.

Overall a good anime. It had a few bumps but I enjoyed it.
9/10

I think I'll check the manga out just to see how it's different.
Jun 2015
8/10 for me. Would of been 9/10 if the quality was good as the first 4 episode (when he failed to save kayo, those episode creates much more tension). I did read the manga but I do not think of the anime ended badly just because it stopped following the manga. The anime ending was not bad.

Mar 2015
They are going to rub that kayo salt all over me right till the end, huh?
At least Airi appeared.
DoomdoctorMar 24, 2016 12:02 PM
Mar 24, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2014
Ight so in general, the show was really good. You can complain all you want about it being predictable (which it really was) but honestly, it was really enjoyable. You can tell just by how hyped everyone got every week (even if it was just a little overhype).

The show was definitely far from perfect but I found it really enjoyable and thats what matters the most. I'm giving it a 9/10 especially since that was a pretty great ending!

Now time to complain a little: WHAT THE FUCK IS REVIVAL?!!? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? WHY DID HE GET THAT POWER? It was literally just a plot convenience power that was never explained sadly. Though to be fair, I'm not sure how they could have explained it without having to go into some bullshit magical logic. Either way that power was kinda just bs but it works for the plot. I'm willing to look over it as just a random mysterious phenomenon i guess lol
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 24, 2016 12:01 PM
Mar 2016
Not a masterpiece but a very good anime IMO.

Predictable all the time but, is more about the feelings than the mystery "per se".

Oct 2014
MrJCS said:
At least this was fun to see how mature some people are in dealing relationships.
Who would thought that *gasp* people move on and *gasp* things don't always go the way we expect in love.

Junchi said:
Airi end when they don't even know each other in this timeline?

Epitome of good writing, ladies and gentlemen.

Yes Airi don't know Satoru in this Timeline, she's meeting him for the first time.

If it's the same as the Manga she's just asking Satoru help in avoiding snow she wasn't expecting.

People meet others for the first time in Real Life too, so i can't see why it's "bad writing".

making her appear out of nowhere just to make your audience think in their ship is bad writting
there is no reason or logic in these two starting a relation now

Jan 2015
Solid ending as an anime only viewer. 11th episode felt a bit rushed and got me worried but they managed to end it nicely. Would've rated it 8/10 but the last scene made me give it 9/10 even though I knew Airi was gonna show up right when he went under the same bridge as before in the show. They couldn't have just forgotten about her and I'm glad they didn't.
Mar 24, 2016 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Castejon said:

Just what. People actually said it couldnt be worse than the manga ending.

This scene lowered my score a whole point. No, I won't accept that he was saved by a giant trampoline and didn't die by hitting his wheelchair or something. No. Face-palmingly stupid.

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed it. Nice to see Airi there in the end.

May 2012
How did they from which part of the roof Satoru would fall from? How did they even know he would fall down from the roof?
Mar 24, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
With 20+ episodes, this could have been much better. Rushed ending, stupid reasons for the main antagonist to be a killer, a NTR'd stupid MC, the Revivial was just a convenient, unexplained plot device to have the MC save the day and muuuuuuuuuuuch salt. At least Airi appeared at the end and Yuuki get a happy ending. 5/10.

So Satoru's manga is basically Guilty Crown, uhh?
IllyricusMar 24, 2016 12:06 PM
Mar 24, 2016 12:04 PM
Mar 2011
By the way, does anyone knows the meaning of the butterflies in Japanese culture? I notice that a lot of anime use them...
Mar 24, 2016 12:04 PM
Nov 2014
I'm still salty about Yashiro and his backstory... Dat Satoru and Airi scene was my favourite moment from the whole anime. Solid 7/10, but I enjoyed manga more.
Mar 24, 2016 12:05 PM
Dec 2014
I automatically thought of Batman and Joker with Yashiro this episode. The way how they cant kill eachother and they "need" eachother to live and it defines who they are.

Overall, 10/10 series for me. Loved it.
Mar 24, 2016 12:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Well ... that was nice, the teacher vs satoru was kinda weird and, ofc, his revival stops now that everything is alright. but eh, even if the last 2 episodes were kinda disappointing, i'm gonan give it a 8 because its still a really good ride overall.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2015
Much to say about this last chapter ... I feel that will be the series of the year and that this is the first season of the year lol.
But just happy ending. Recognizing that achievement have their faithful companions. Winning the battle that cost him his life. Get the job he wanted and especially reacquainted with Airi, the truth was not sure which of the two would happen (that is, if he found her or not).
9 deserved the series, I get excited much, nothing else to say.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 24, 2016 12:07 PM
Jun 2014
I don't think I can rate this any lower than 9/10, the Kayo arc was perfect and I still enjoyed everything afterwards even if there was a noticeable drop in quality. People are saying that they cut basically all Airi development compared to the manga which I have to say is very disappointing, but I'm still glad that at the end they do meet up again.

It was a rollercoaster in more ways than one, but a memorable one that I would happily rewatch. Hopefully the manga gets officially picked up for translation too, I wouldn't mind seeing how everything plays out in comparison to the anime.

Aug 2013
It would have been a 9/10 or maybe even 10/10 but I'll give it 7.5/10 due to the bad/boring ending.
meh :v
Jul 2012
It was a fun series but it felt like Airi and Kayo both got reduced after playing a big role in the beginning.

Aug 2013
Best anime of 2016. Definitely!

I was crying at the end.. Airi and Satoru <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2016
A little bit cheesy at the end, but overall really great. I liked it ^^

Feb 2016
And that's how the best anime of winter 2016 ends.

Even if it was obivious who was a killer, we got bunch of plotwists which weren't cliched. Well, Yashiro was random and I don't really get him, but that doesn't matter. The story was great. I like it how they connected the whole story with feelings.

I think this episode was a bit rushed. But it was still good so I don't mind.

The opening and ending were also great.

I've wanted to say more but I already forgot. I will definitely miss this one. Now I am just going to read manga to get the full story.
Mar 24, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
HAHAHAHAHA that was one big clusterfuck of an ending. Characters who had important roles to play before now used as mere plot devices to see off the ending. Bad 2nd half, great first four episodes.

Jun 2015
I just wanna know why the butterfly appeared at the end.

Otherwise... eh, all things considered, I guess the ending was consistent with the last few episodes. Take that as you will.

I think this show will be a 7/10 from me but it could go up or down 1.

Jan 2015
That dialogue between Yashiro and Satoru was so romantic.

Aug 2013
Outside of the march madness rushing they did with the last 2 episodes,
can't take away how good this show has been overall, good series 8/10
Mar 24, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
Btw, I'm expecting with glad the reaction of my dear buddy @RainyRai to the ending.

Feb 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Rocksterrock said:

Now time to complain a little: WHAT THE FUCK IS REVIVAL?!!? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? WHY DID HE GET THAT POWER? It was literally just a plot convenience power that was never explained sadly. Though to be fair, I'm not sure how they could have explained it without having to go into some bullshit magical logic. Either way that power was kinda just bs but it works for the plot. I'm willing to look over it as just a random mysterious phenomenon i guess lol

And after all this, it's still a 9/10? Although it was FAR from perfect, as you said? Beat me to it :D

lmao it's just the power being unexplained that really bugged me. I noticed the shows flaws but for me, the show doesn't have to be perfect for me to enjoy it.

I don't ignore the flaws but once my enjoyment is affected by these flaws, that's when I personally lower a score. I intially gave this show a 10 but it did indeed drop to a 9 in the second half, just not enough for me to be able to give it any lower than that since I liked it so much.

tldr; A show doesn't have to be perfectly made to be entertaining :P
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists

Apr 2014
Great episode! First half was exiting and calmed down at the end, without leaving any loose pieces untouched. This show is perfect and is undoubtably the best show of the season and definitely one of the contenders for the best show of year.
Mar 24, 2016 12:10 PM
Apr 2014
The anime fucked the characterization for the key characters and even the killer.
I was hoping for an explanation for the time reset throughout the story but it ended up just a fucking obvious plot device that the author could use whenever he wanted to, he honesly shouldn't have made it about time travel anyway and instead start the story when the MC was a kid till he fell in that 15 yrs coma, or he could've just showed a huge flashback.
Kayo's sob story arc and the magnificent cucking were probably the only redeeming things in this dissapointing series and they weren''t even that great.
4/10
Mar 24, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
glamazon said:
So, the whole Kumi-chan thing Yashiro said was a lie all along? That's the only thing that wasn't clear for me yet.

BUT THE BEST PART WAS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AIRI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I would give it an 8 but after that last scene, it's a proud 9 all the way. Time to read the manga now!!!!!!!

Satoru's friends probably notified the doctors of the medicine being contaminated.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 24, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2013
As a manga reader who was disappointed with how it originally ended, I actually enjoyed and appreciated this ending a lot more. Of course things were left out, but it's to be expected with any adaptation. I was worried they'd try to cram in the camp arc in one episode, but they didn't and I'm glad. This worked for me and overall I really liked the anime.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.