Forum Settings
Forums

Winners of the 2016 Tokyo Anime Awards Announced

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 21, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2015
Shirobako and Gintama won, awesome. Though it baffles my mind to see how Love Live could have won any sort of award besides a popularity contest...
Mar 21, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2015
Yes, Shirobako totally deserved it !!
Mar 21, 2016 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
As I mentioned in my thread, well deserve Shirobako. Now just need season 2.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493215

And Gintama winning is good too.
ZapredonMar 21, 2016 8:18 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 21, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 2015
Aww I was hoping that Shigatsu would win. Oh well!
Mar 21, 2016 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
KaoruMatsuoka said:
Though it baffles my mind to see how Love Live could have won any sort of award besides a popularity contest...

I think it was kind of due that it got that recognition. While I liked the movie, I think season 2 of Love Live! was exceptionally good yet it was not even nominated. I am not saying it deserved anything over Ping Pong the animation which was a fantastic anime but not even getting nominated for the awards got my eyes rolling, so I am happy.

I was expecting Bakemono no Ko to win just like From Up on Poppy Hill triumphed over K-On! The Movie in the past. I haven't seen the other one yet but I am just happy that LL won it because if it's about giving life to characters, LL did exactly just that.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2016 10:22 PM

Feb 2011
Shirobako and Gintama... I'm happy Yey!!!... I hope we'll have new season of these animes...
Mar 21, 2016 10:23 PM

Feb 2011
Shirobako and Gintama... I'm happy Yey!!!... I hope we'll have new season of these animes...
Mar 21, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
Omg yes!!! Well desreved by Shirobako.

Hopefully all these awards it's winning sparks an idea for a season 2.
Mar 21, 2016 11:09 PM

Jun 2015
Gintama and Fujita getting awards, that's awesome.
:)
Mar 21, 2016 11:13 PM

Sep 2015
Shirobako and Love Live!. GG
Hope shirobako will get a season 2
Mar 21, 2016 11:28 PM

May 2015
Happy to see Love Live, but especially Shirobako. Well deserved. Such a phenomenal show. It really needs another season.

Mar 21, 2016 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
And there are so much rejoicing.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 21, 2016 11:50 PM

Jan 2016
I called it. SHirobako would win this.
Mar 22, 2016 1:52 AM

May 2014
Finished Shirobako just a couple of days back. Was real fun to watch. Shame that i put it on-hold for this long. :) really happy dat it won the award. Truly deserving, every bit of it.
Mar 22, 2016 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
really happy for love live and shirobako really deserved it, still hoping that shirobako get a second season though :p
Mar 22, 2016 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
Just saw the poster of Shirobako and the news title before clicking on the link and I was like "Yay! Shirobako won!"
I really miss it. Season two please become true.
Mar 22, 2016 4:48 AM

Aug 2008
@AntonKutovoi Oh snap, congratulations on that sharp remark... What's the point of putting random crap in the brackets if it doesn't have anything to do with the actual information? We can see previous works just by going to the person's profile of MAL.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 22, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Shirobako is more than deserving of that award! I really hope for a second season announcement at some point.
Mar 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
currently watching Shirobako.
Last year I'm skeptic at Ping Pong but in the end it turned out to be really amazing! I think Shirobako might exceed my expectations.

Mar 22, 2016 2:48 PM
Mar 2012
Congrats Shirobako. Its attention to detail & quality alone deserved AOTY. One of my favs last year. Wishing for a Sentai LE/CE. Also congrats to Chikashi Kubota on opm. Great stuff. Seems I should continue watching Osomatsu.

http://animefestival.jp/ja/post/3765/
Fan votes are a bit surprising. Top 20 ranked from 489 shows.
3 K return of kings: ptw
6 blood blockade battlefront: rewatching now & feels like a fresh watch.
7 Akatsuki no Yona
8 Aldnoah.Zero s2
10 Binan magical boys
14 Houkago no Pleiades: nice philosophical anime, shows that Gainax isn't dead.
Mar 22, 2016 5:42 PM
Apr 2014
Iizbakaokay said:
> Love Live

Hail the idol powerru !!
This won over Bakemono no Ko as well ._. Hmm.. I am not fit for criticism as I have not seen either of the movies.

Maybe I should start Love Live

Lyriq said:
Anime about anime wins anime award at anime festival

- @Lyriq (might as well tag the guy :)

Did you just quote my reddit comment on an entirely different website?
I haven't seen Shirobako but my friend's been trying to get me to watch it, if it won an award maybe I'll actually give it a go.
Mar 22, 2016 8:57 PM

Oct 2014
Lyriq said:
Iizbakaokay said:
> Love Live

Hail the idol powerru !!
This won over Bakemono no Ko as well ._. Hmm.. I am not fit for criticism as I have not seen either of the movies.

Maybe I should start Love Live

- @Lyriq (might as well tag the guy :)

I haven't seen Shirobako but my friend's been trying to get me to watch it, if it won an award maybe I'll actually give it a go.

Was I supposed not to? ._. I am sorry if you found it repulsive or weird but I liked the joke about an 'anime about anime winning anime award'. I did give you the credit though, if you persist I'll remove it.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 22, 2016 9:49 PM
Apr 2014
Iizbakaokay said:
Lyriq said:

Was I supposed not to? ._. I am sorry if you found it repulsive or weird but I liked the joke about an 'anime about anime winning anime award'. I did give you the credit though, if you persist I'll remove it.

It's 100% fine, I was just absolutely not expecting to get an email quoting my reddit post in a thread on MAL, hahaha.
Mar 22, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
Malighos said:
How the fuck does an idol movie win over something like Bekomono no Ko. Fukin weaabos / virgin otakus.

The winners of the "Grand Prix" (グランプリ) section, were determined by at least 100 anime industry professionals, contrary to what you are thinking. Love Live and SHIROBAKO fairly won their respective categories, while Gintama's "Anime Fan Award" (アニメファン賞) was purely based on 210,000 votes by anime fans online. Everyone knows how active female anime fans are online, so the Anime Fan Award results really do not surprise me at all.

So again I ask myself this question: Why am I not surprised that another News Discussion thread cannot go on without one cancerous post from someone who doesn't even know what they're talking about?

Go ahead and do some actual reading before posting next time:
http://animefestival.jp/ja/post/3763/
EjcMar 22, 2016 10:43 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 22, 2016 11:33 PM

Jun 2015
Shirobako definitely deserves this!
Mar 23, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2007
I heard the award was decided without judging (or not having enough time to judge) 357 entries from overseas... (not sure if I translated correctly)
http://otakomu.jp/archives/363805.html
tsubasaloverMar 23, 2016 7:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2012
Someone on this thread just stated that Gintama only won because annoying female anime fans are the most active online. So what does that mean? That guys don't like Gintama? Is this true? Why wouldn't they? If anything I was under the impression it is meant to appeal more to the male audience being that it is a "shounen comedy". Not that I have any problem with it appealing to female audiences. I simply don't appreciate how that comment was phrased. I wish I could have found it so that I could quote it. Threw so much shade on female anime watchers (of which I am one) on male fans of Gintama and on Gintama (which is life and everything in between. How would our ribs fare without Gintoki and crew. I can't even imagine). If an anime does not appeal to your tastes that's fine, it is your business and you can express that. But don't go speaking in general for other parties and much less so ignorantly and disrespectfully. It is sad and wrong
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Mar 23, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2015
Thx God there is no opm
Mar 23, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
It seems like I really know how to predict a winner in Entertainment medium.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1485746&show=0#msg44914511
Mar 23, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
i vomited after reading this thread

that is all
Mar 23, 2016 4:17 PM
Apr 2015
Shirobako deserved the award 100%. It's probably the most organized anime out there.
Love Live winning is also fair since The Boy and The Beast and Psycho Pass movie was kinda underwhelming. Beside it brings so much money to the industry. It deserves the recognition.
The fan vote is a joke. Shouldn't be lumped together with industry professionals' choice.
Mar 23, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2007
Best Director: Yoichi Fujita

What the hell did he do with these last 16 episodes of Gintama° (with one more to go)? Seriously. I dunno how many times I was on the edge of my seat and how many times I lost all of my manliness as tears rolled down.

Just wanted to mention it. Great achievement even if it's not for Gintama.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 23, 2016 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
kazykoki said:
Someone on this thread just stated that Gintama only won because annoying female anime fans are the most active online. So what does that mean? That guys don't like Gintama? Is this true? Why wouldn't they? If anything I was under the impression it is meant to appeal more to the male audience being that it is a "shounen comedy". Not that I have any problem with it appealing to female audiences. I simply don't appreciate how that comment was phrased. I wish I could have found it so that I could quote it. Threw so much shade on female anime watchers (of which I am one) on male fans of Gintama and on Gintama (which is life and everything in between. How would our ribs fare without Gintoki and crew. I can't even imagine). If an anime does not appeal to your tastes that's fine, it is your business and you can express that. But don't go speaking in general for other parties and much less so ignorantly and disrespectfully. It is sad and wrong

I meant no disrespect, as I am more interested in sales trends rather than fan votes, but all you need to do is look at Tumblr to see how active female anime fans are on the internet, and it is easy to make such a connection. I am not one of those dinosaurs on MAL that starts to crucify every anime that is specifically aimed at female fans, so please get off my back. Don't start talking about tastes, because I do not care what other people's tastes are, and would not waste my time writing bad things on stuff I may not have any interest in.

Yes, there are male fans of Gintama, but as I said, it is very likely the majority of the 210K voters were indeed female, which is why Gintama is at the top there. The ones below Gintama probably does not have a comparable fanbase, except perhaps Gundam, but Gundam has a much larger male fan following as evident by the 77:23 male to female ratio in 2014:
http://yusaani.com/news/2015/09/19/194023/

By the way, Gintama being adapted from a shounen manga doesn't necessarily mean it appeals more to a male audience because i'm sure you've read before that there are many female fans that read Weekly Shounen Jump and prefer shounen over shoujo titles.

Really, I think I should stop wasting my time on the MAL forums, because i'm trying to be as helpful as possible, but it seems like not many appreciate it. I should do what symbv and jmal did, and move on.
EjcMar 23, 2016 11:27 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 24, 2016 7:35 AM

Jun 2013
Love Live AND Shirobako both won? Fantastic to hear, Shirobako really deserved it.
Mar 25, 2016 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
Malighos said:
How the fuck does an idol movie win over something like Bekomono no Ko. Fukin weaabos / virgin otakus.

The winners of the "Grand Prix" (グランプリ) section, were determined by at least 100 anime industry professionals, contrary to what you are thinking. Love Live and SHIROBAKO fairly won their respective categories, while Gintama's "Anime Fan Award" (アニメファン賞) was purely based on 210,000 votes by anime fans online. Everyone knows how active female anime fans are online, so the Anime Fan Award results really do not surprise me at all.

So again I ask myself this question: Why am I not surprised that another News Discussion thread cannot go on without one cancerous post from someone who doesn't even know what they're talking about?

Go ahead and do some actual reading before posting next time:
http://animefestival.jp/ja/post/3763/

That doesn't mean the people on the panel are not virgin otakus / weaabos or that they are not trying to pander to that said crowd, since it rakes in sales with almost naked figurines and booby mouse pads.
I am better than you.
Mar 25, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:

/

Also why am I not surprised that an anime idol bronie equivalent is defending a shit genre. Based on your anime list you have certified shit taste in anime (or pantsu drooling never seen a pussy taste).
I am better than you.
Aug 21, 2016 12:11 AM

May 2015
Malighos said:
Ejc said:

/

Also why am I not surprised that an anime idol bronie equivalent is defending a shit genre. Based on your anime list you have certified shit taste in anime (or pantsu drooling never seen a pussy taste).

Attacking someone's taste like a child. Wow.

Nov 16, 2016 4:36 PM

Apr 2016
Shirobako was really well done. Hopefully another season will come out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.