Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Mar 7 - 13

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2016 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
WhiteFlamee said:
bigivelfhq said:

I only know about the ones before the break, they at the time Bleach ended were in the Okay scale, it soon declined to the values Bleach did in the end, and possible even got worse I believe.

Here a site with old ratings: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-350782/japanese-anime-tv-ranking?pg=51

so u dont know the ratings of the 2014 anime.

if it got bad as u claimed it did then why isnt it cancelled yet?

There are many possibilities. Like getting the ratings back up again, earning money in other ways. The DVD in the magazine(when the 2014 began they made the Fairy Tail Magazine, that was selling the anime episodes together. That sold well), merchandise and other stuff.
Note how since 2014 any new arc had a greenlit announcment. That means they are always only planning for the current arc, and without further information they stop the production.
Mar 17, 2016 10:16 AM
Sep 2015
bigivelfhq said:
WhiteFlamee said:

so u dont know the ratings of the 2014 anime.

if it got bad as u claimed it did then why isnt it cancelled yet?

There are many possibilities. Like getting the ratings back up again, earning money in other ways. The DVD in the magazine(when the 2014 began they made the Fairy Tail Magazine, that was selling the anime episodes together. That sold well), merchandise and other stuff.
Note how since 2014 any new arc had a greenlit announcment. That means they are always only planning for the current arc, and without further information they stop the production.

yeah but didnt u say something like it had a poor rating of like less than 1% (if u didnt than i am sorry)? How can they possibly think the ratings will go up after that?

Is there any sales figure of those ft magazine ur talking about? I just find it odd that u have stats saying that its declining but the anime is surpassing most shonen anime in length. I thought it was surviving because of how well the manga is selling
Mar 17, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
TornadoTheDragon said:

I know this is off topic & all but do you have a ps4?

No, all I have is an old pc :'(

But then how do you play your games?

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Mar 17, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
WhiteFlamee said:

yeah but didnt u say something like it had a poor rating of like less than 1% (if u didnt than i am sorry)? How can they possibly think the ratings will go up after that?

Is there any sales figure of those ft magazine ur talking about? I just find it odd that u have stats saying that its declining but the anime is surpassing most shonen anime in length. I thought it was surviving because of how well the manga is selling

Well it definitely had ratings of less than 1%, and in fact the series stopped the first time because one of the anime studios doing it bailed out, Satelight(Fairy Tail is an anime made by 2 companies at the same time. Being the main Studio A1-pictures), and now they have a new one, Bridge.
What they are thinking I don't know, unless they talk in public about their business decisions it will be hard(if not impossible) to really know.
Just note that different series have different circumstances, is wrong to treat them as the same. For example, Toriko anime ended while getting great TV rankings(always in the Top 10), selling great merchandise(In the Top 100 character merchandise. Note that in that ranking appears everything from Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty and other mega famous sellers) and selling great manga. While there are a ton of other series doing way worse that are still going. Why is that? Different objectives with the franchise and different circumstances. Just that.
In the case of Toriko it was substituted by a franchise that does 10 or more times better in every other aspect, and while Toriko was in decline that series was in a huge expansion(I'm talking of Dragon Ball.). You can in a way analyse Fairy Tail by that, but not directly with Toriko, but by looking at A1-Pictures series situation. Does A1-Pictures has any other franchise, that runs in a similar format, that is way bigger than Fairy Tail and is in an expansion phase? Space Brothers maybe? But that doesn't have enough content to continue as anime.

The magazine appeared 2 or 3 times in the regular weekly manga sales ranking(yep is a manga ranking but it still appeared), I don't remember well what it made, and searching for it will take to much effort, but I remember that it did pretty well, better than selling the DVDs alone. Normally only volumes selling more than 10k appear in the weekly rankings, but in DVD/BD sales of 10k already means great sales, especially long runners. So certainly it was doing incredible well(though the magazine already ended).

I don't take that much attention in Fairy Tail manga sales, but or is stable or slightly declining. And its sales are great, but nothing out of this world. Looking at last year sales the best Fairy Tail volume sold 502,390 copies. That was worst than every volume of Bleach, with the exception of the last one. Though is important to note that if we count the best volumes of this series since 2010 to 2015, Fairy Tail lost around 60k buyers, but Bleach lost around 300k(yep, in the past Bleach was selling almost the double of Fairy Tail!).

Still note that I don't have data about the new anime series of Fairy Tail is doing in TV ratings, nor how the merchandise is. It can have got a big increase. They are even going to make a new movie, though the last one was a flop.
bigivelfhqMar 17, 2016 1:35 PM
Mar 18, 2016 12:21 PM

Feb 2015
i'm sorry but hintata looks straight up hideous there lol.
Mar 18, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
TomDay said:

That's clearly not Hinata.
Mar 18, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
TomDay said:

It's not Hinata?^^
Mar 18, 2016 3:46 PM
Sep 2015
bigivelfhq said:
WhiteFlamee said:

Well it definitely had ratings of less than 1%, and in fact the series stopped the first time because one of the anime studios doing it bailed out, Satelight(Fairy Tail is an anime made by 2 companies at the same time. Being the main Studio A1-pictures), and now they have a new one, Bridge.
What they are thinking I don't know, unless they talk in public about their business decisions it will be hard(if not impossible) to really know.
Just note that different series have different circumstances, is wrong to treat them as the same. For example, Toriko anime ended while getting great TV rankings(always in the Top 10), selling great merchandise(In the Top 100 character merchandise. Note that in that ranking appears everything from Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty and other mega famous sellers) and selling great manga. While there are a ton of other series doing way worse that are still going. Why is that? Different objectives with the franchise and different circumstances. Just that.
In the case of Toriko it was substituted by a franchise that does 10 or more times better in every other aspect, and while Toriko was in decline that series was in a huge expansion(I'm talking of Dragon Ball.). You can in a way analyse Fairy Tail by that, but not directly with Toriko, but by looking at A1-Pictures series situation. Does A1-Pictures has any other franchise, that runs in a similar format, that is way bigger than Fairy Tail and is in an expansion phase? Space Brothers maybe? But that doesn't have enough content to continue as anime.

The magazine appeared 2 or 3 times in the regular weekly manga sales ranking(yep is a manga ranking but it still appeared), I don't remember well what it made, and searching for it will take to much effort, but I remember that it did pretty well, better than selling the DVDs alone. Normally only volumes selling more than 10k appear in the weekly rankings, but in DVD/BD sales of 10k already means great sales, especially long runners. So certainly it was doing incredible well(though the magazine already ended).

I don't take that much attention in Fairy Tail manga sales, but or is stable or slightly declining. And its sales are great, but nothing out of this world. Looking at last year sales the best Fairy Tail volume sold 502,390 copies. That was worst than every volume of Bleach, with the exception of the last one. Though is important to note that if we count the best volumes of this series since 2010 to 2015, Fairy Tail lost around 60k buyers, but Bleach lost around 300k(yep, in the past Bleach was selling almost the double of Fairy Tail!).

Still note that I don't have data about the new anime series of Fairy Tail is doing in TV ratings, nor how the merchandise is. It can have got a big increase. They are even going to make a new movie, though the last one was a flop.

odd we were talking about this. look what showed up
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492297

rumor but thx for ur input. I guess I will start reading the manga for ft and get caught up if the rumor is true.
Mar 18, 2016 10:45 PM

Feb 2015
BVerfG said:
TomDay said:

It's not Hinata?^^

well the person there is hideous then lol
Mar 21, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
chrisbj said:
Moverman75 said:
Obligatory "how is toriko doing?"

I want to see if Tokyo Ghoul can still hold up to these Haikyuu/Assclass sales next week.

209,214 Toriko Vol.37 (10 days)
195,706 Toriko Vol.38 (10 days)

And if anyone is interested...
350,111 Bleach Vol.70 (12 days)
343,018 Bleach Vol.71 (10 days)

Wow, so if Vol. 71 had been on sale for the same days it would have definitely surpassed Vol. 70. Easily. The others were right, people liked this heavy Japanese feeling in Kyouraku's backstory. Thanks for the information.

Other than that, I am freaking tired of this Bleach decilne discussion. Guys seriously, that's what happens every time volume sales are updated, haven't you had enough?

Edit and update but end this discussion for Christ's sake: First volumes of The Thousand Year Blood War Arc sold approximately 100.000 more than the last volume of the Fullbring Arc. So there you go. Advertisment people, advertisment...
j1mlaMar 21, 2016 9:44 AM
Mar 21, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
j1mla said:
chrisbj said:

209,214 Toriko Vol.37 (10 days)
195,706 Toriko Vol.38 (10 days)

And if anyone is interested...
350,111 Bleach Vol.70 (12 days)
343,018 Bleach Vol.71 (10 days)

Wow, so if Vol. 71 had been on sale for the same days it would have definitely surpassed Vol. 70. Easily. The others were right, people liked this heavy Japanese feeling in Kyouraku's backstory. Thanks for the information.

Other than that, I am freaking tired of this Bleach decilne discussion. Guys seriously, that's what happens every time volume sales are updated, haven't you had enough?

Edit and update but end this discussion for Christ's sake: First volumes of The Thousand Year Blood War Arc sold approximately 100.000 more than the last volume of the Fullbring Arc. So there you go. Advertisment people, advertisment...

Nope not because of advertisent, its because people lost interest
Mar 21, 2016 11:07 PM
Sep 2015
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
j1mla said:

and how do u know that?
Mar 22, 2016 4:53 AM

Jun 2015
WhiteFlamee said:
AdmiralKizaru98 said:

and how do u know that?

Beacuse the sales went down in 2009 and even before that since volume 26, and at that time Bleach was advertised very hard with games and color pages and an anime.
Mar 22, 2016 10:00 AM
Sep 2015
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
WhiteFlamee said:

and how do u know that?

Beacuse the sales went down in 2009 and even before that since volume 26, and at that time Bleach was advertised very hard with games and color pages and an anime.

thats 2009... I'm talking about recently.
Mar 22, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
WhiteFlamee said:
AdmiralKizaru98 said:

thats 2009... I'm talking about recently.

I gave you a very acurate example of bleach selling lower even when it was advetised adn you havent given me anything and only said no to my examples, so far you have 0 evidence, but I have because I gave an example.
Mar 27, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2014
Yay for Prison School <3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

4 by mshfqtny »»
31 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
1 hour ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
5 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.