Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 18, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I loved seeing Zorzal and his priceless face this episode. When war comes knowing on their doors, I guess seeing him like that isn't too surprising.

Glad to see the JSDF military making their move, about time. Good action this episode, there's quite a power and strength difference between the two worlds' sides. Not that the Empire should be underestimated though, they do have fighting spirit.

Bozes Co Palesti was also awesome even though she almost got killed :o
Mar 18, 2016 10:09 AM
Mar 2013
The start up meeting...
They say, "This mission is argent and must be completed 1800."

And...
htsujiMar 18, 2016 10:15 AM
Mar 18, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Really amusing episode. Some stealth kill, infiltration AND some expression too. LOL
MasceraMar 18, 2016 10:36 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 18, 2016 10:26 AM
Mar 2013
Tyuule: Hello, your highness. Don't tell me you are going to flee. Right?
Mar 18, 2016 10:35 AM
Mar 2013
Meanwhile at the prison, where many peace group aristocracies are imprisoned.
htsujiMar 18, 2016 10:42 AM
Mar 18, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
So Zorzal's forces didn't stand a chance again which wasn't very surprising seeing the differences.
It was nice seeing those paratroopers in action tho.
Those aircraft if i am not mistaken where C-17 Globe masters?
Shame they could not safe Pinya tho but it seems that will have too wait for next week which will shamefully be the last episode.

What i dislike is that they never showed Teule's or better said the Bunny Warriors history part in the anime now it seems like Teule is the bad guy.
While it's the asshole prince that needs suffering.
Mar 18, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
The complete massacre of the imperial army was expected but still satisfying. At least they got one arrow in.

Poor Pina though. Excited for the next episode to see what Itami will do.
Mar 18, 2016 11:06 AM
Mar 2013
The SDF withdrew the troops from the capital on time. And now, the only one person isn't saved yet.
htsujiMar 18, 2016 12:52 PM
Mar 18, 2016 11:06 AM
Feb 2009
been waiting since last week for this episode!!
Mar 18, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
"We all sing the Curbstomp Song~
People dying left and right
It's a Slaughter, NOT A FIGHT!"

htsuji said:
Tyuule: Hello, your highness. Don't tell me you are going to flee. Right?

haha! Zorzal...You wanted the War did you not? and Tyuule is quite happy...

htsuji said:
Meanwhile at the prison, where many peace group aristocracies are imprisoned.

Yey!!

Now, just Pinã is to be saved, and the teh Civil War starts...but for that we have to wait Season 3 unfortuantely...unless Animators decide end everything in next episode...there is at least 2 and half Novels left.

JarjaxleMar 18, 2016 2:44 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2012
FANTASTIC>>FANTASTIC>>FANTASTIC///oh god i missed the action....it was great seeing it animated....also glad to see Zolzal finally shitting his pants...HAHAHA..next week is the last episode and they will resuce PINA.

But the WAR is not over yet...the arc yes but not the war...They have to announce another season at the end of next weeks episodes/...they just have to adapt the last two arcs to finish it off...after all this . PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS...oh Lord who granted us Konsuba S2 pls send your grace for a Gate S3 finale...PLS.
Mar 18, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2015
"tyuule, what dod i do?"
who's the emperor again? lol

-ShadowClaw- said:
PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS...oh Lord who granted us Konsuba S2 pls send your grace for a Gate S3 finale...PLS.

Thus, the Church of the Finished Product was established
Mar 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Shit. Went. DOWN. Finally.

Zorzal's forces got what they deserved right there and we got to see so many classic Zorzal fail faces. Glorious (with Tyuule just prodding him along even further). Loved the action throughout this one and, of course, those Beefeater x Captain moments ;)

I can't wait for next week's final episode with the Itami squad about to serve some fools at the capital. Pina baby, don't worry. You're hero is coming.
dankzelMar 18, 2016 11:40 AM
Mar 18, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode, it was nice to actually see one of the members from the SDF actually get hurt for once. OMG that massacre at the Jade Palace...brutal. It was nice to see some of the side characters again.

Itami is pissed off though! I can;t wait for him to rescue Pina and hopefully,,,If I may take a quote from Elmer Fudd..."KILL THE RABBIT"

IDK about anyone else, but I def ship Beefeater and Kengun
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 18, 2016 11:47 AM
Mar 2015
if it was America who got through the gate, everybody on the other side would be dead by the time US gets out.
Mar 18, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2012
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode, it was nice to actually see one of the members from the SDF actually get hurt for once. OMG that massacre at the Jade Palace...brutal. It was nice to see some of the side characters again.

Itami is pissed off though! I can;t wait for him to rescue Pina and hopefully,,,If I may take a quote from Elmer Fudd..."KILL THE RABBIT"

I would but there is a problem...The Guys already has a wife..kids and grandkids so that ship already has sunk bottom.
Mar 18, 2016 11:58 AM

Nov 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:
SoraSenpai said:

I would but there is a problem...The Guys already has a wife..kids and grandkids so that ship already has sunk bottom.
Different world, different rules?
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Mar 18, 2016 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
It was nice to see one of the members from SDF got hurt.

I hope Itami and the girls will able to save Pina!
Mar 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Mar 2012
SoraSenpai said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

Still a Japanese Citzen and still has to follow the rules...you are not getting it off that easy..why do you think Itami has not actually done anything to yao despite already having her proclaim herself a slave as japan does not recognize it..sad but true :P
Mar 18, 2016 12:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was quite the massacre. I always feel like I have to commend Gate for actually showcasing that kind of stuff
Mar 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
htsuji said:
The start up meeting...
They say, "This mission is argent and must be completed 1800."

And...

military time notation 06 30 in the morning and 18 00 at night are different if you havent noticed
Mar 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:
SoraSenpai said:

Still a Japanese Citzen and still has to follow the rules...you are not getting it off that easy..why do you think Itami has not actually done anything to yao despite already having her proclaim herself a slave as japan does not recognize it..sad but true :P
Not even just Yao, basically all of them haha.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Mar 18, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2010
Zolzal being scared shitless was so lol
Mar 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
An anime for plebs. One more episode and I will be glad this is over.

Season 3? I don't give a sh!t because I won't be watching.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
I know that Zolzal's stupid, but after his troops were devastated so easily by the JSDF, how can he possibly still think that they can beat Japan? How has he not noticed Tyuule's laughably obvious manipulation yet either?

Oh well. Other than these minor points, this was a very strong episode which seems likely to lead to a very strong conclusion, especially with Itami and co seeming likely to finally return to the forefront.
Mar 18, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2013
ultimateweebadoo said:

military time notation 06 30 in the morning and 18 00 at night are different if you havent noticed

I don't know what you mean. The mission continued from 0630(06:30 am) to 1800(06:00 pm), didn't it?
Japanese common people usually use 24-hour clock, by be way, which is one of the most commonly used international standard.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock
"The 24-hour clock is the convention of time keeping in which the day runs from midnight to midnight and is divided into 24 hours, indicated by the hours passed since midnight, from 0 to 23. This system is the most commonly used time notation in the world today, and is used by international standard ISO 8601."
htsujiMar 18, 2016 12:45 PM
Mar 18, 2016 12:39 PM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I loved seeing Zorzal and his priceless face this episode. When war comes knowing on their doors, I guess seeing him like that isn't too surprising.

Agreed, yet another humiliation for Zorzal that seems so satisfying. Among the "justified slaughter," this anime has shown, this episode ranks the top. After seeing anime like Code Geass, valvrave the liberator, and Cross Ange where

Of course, I would have wanted to see Bozes decapitate Luflus, Zorzal's long haired minion. When seeing Elfen Lied, we know animators are fully capable of showing that scene; sadly we only heard his scream.

I am curious who is Cicero's nephew. If his nephew had joined Zorzal then Cicero would have likely been spared from the Oprichnina. Since it sounds like Cicero was imprisoned then I guess his nephew didn’t join Zorzal.

On the side note, it should be noted that Furuta is still Zorzal's cook. I wonder if the JSDF, especially Itami, was given info on where Pina is.

As for Pina, I don’t know why she is hysterically crying for help; she has even been raped yet by Zorzal. But, if I had to guess, that room has no bathroom so a princess, like Pina, obviously is suffering from mental torture if she couldn't hold it.

-ShadowClaw- said:
SoraSenpai said:

Well, I am sure Kengun has a son, or grandson, that he is willing to introduce to Beefeater.

Anyway, like a lot of female characters from To aru majutsu no index, if there is an evil character that I prefer to change her ways and reform them I would prefer Tyuule. From the looks of it Pina’s dad, Molt the ill Emperor, would reform later; of course, I wouldn’t care if he died to begin with. Zorzal is someone who MUST die. Should be noted it was thanks to Tyuule that we get to see a nice slaughter; after all, she is only pretending to help Zorzal because the idiot can bring the Empire down with him.
greed2Mar 18, 2016 1:02 PM
Mar 18, 2016 12:44 PM

Nov 2014
htsuji said:
ultimateweebadoo said:

It started the mission on 0630 and finished 1800, didn't it?

I don't know what you mean. Japanese common people usually use 24-hour clock, by be way, which is one of the most commonly used international standard.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock
"The 24-hour clock is the convention of time keeping in which the day runs from midnight to midnight and is divided into 24 hours, indicated by the hours passed since midnight, from 0 to 23. This system is the most commonly used time notation in the world today, and is used by international standard ISO 8601."

yea that's what I meant sorry i thought you were making a joke with JSDF's punctuality
Mar 18, 2016 12:44 PM
Oct 2015
Why would they depict Zorzal as a clueless idiot, he was the one who led the war again'st the battle bunnies. Like seriously that bunny arsehole forced her people into slavery due to his battle prowess, but now he ask's HER for guidance, like wtf.

The action scenes though was well made in this episode, but again as always I ask myself wether or not the creators know of basic tactics and weapon usage ...
Mar 18, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2013
last episode, RESCUE PINA...incoming!!!!
Mar 18, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
cant wait for Itami to rescue the princess
THis series is a automatic 10/10 AOTS
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
Vote4NoTsunderes said:
Why would they depict Zorzal as a clueless idiot, he was the one who led the war again'st the battle bunnies. Like seriously that bunny arsehole forced her people into slavery due to his battle prowess, but now he ask's HER for guidance, like wtf.

The action scenes though was well made in this episode, but again as always I ask myself wether or not the creators know of basic tactics and weapon usage ...

The writer of Gate was a former real life JSDF Soldier so yeah he would have all the knowledge of there basic tactics and weapon usages.
Mar 18, 2016 1:07 PM
Nov 2015
GamePois0n said:
if it was America who got through the gate, everybody on the other side would be dead by the time US gets out.

haha :D true true

But america would be smarter about it. They would stage some financed third party to iniate an assault towards their base and thus would justify an attack and invasion on this foreign world.
Only to end up killing 3 million people be it soldiers or any one else (collateral excuses ...)
It's faster that way since they didn't want to bother with ressource squads nor have any rights over that territory (yet). So instead why not just take the whole world in one go :P

Oh and obviously the "official" report about that so called terror attack comes out several years later XD (after every slightly famous witness ended up in a car accident ~~ tragic)
GidarMar 18, 2016 1:14 PM
Mar 18, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
HYPE episode, that military slaughter was beautiful :'(

How are they gonna die exactly?
If they surround the jsdf fast enough it might work.

Mar 18, 2016 1:16 PM
Nov 2012
Only one more episode to wind everything up. It was fun while it lasted.

Tyuule wants to wipe out the Empire, remember. She's aiming Zorzal into a losing battle. Note his big tactical mistake that's going to kill him. He's just sent the palace guards to the Jade Palace, which is now empty.
Mar 18, 2016 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
That was so satisfying to watch :)
Wish it had more Apache-explosion action but I think I had my empire slaughter fill.
I think Tyuule is our ally in this since she just wants to prolong Zolzal's suffering. Hell as long as no bad stuff happen to itami and JSDF Im all for what she's doing.

Empire: omg hax report pls
JSDF: Git gud lmao GG EZ
ProPeace Guys: lol outplayed
Mar 18, 2016 1:34 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well Pina is having lot of fun.
Mar 18, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
That last scene gave me the wrong idea for a moment. Considering what the prince did to that Japanese prisoner at the start of the season I thought the Prince wasn't above having someone do that to her. Glad I was wrong.
Mar 18, 2016 1:58 PM
Jun 2014
This episode was ok i guess. i really wanted more of the Japanese soldiers to die in the fight and stuff but oh well. i really want the crazy dude and the bunny warrior to win and kill all the other soldiers and stuff tbh. they are a bit to cocky. also i think in retaliation the current king should behead his sister to teach them a lesson and stuff
Nothing257Mar 18, 2016 2:10 PM
Mar 18, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2015
Really awesome combat during this ep. Not much Itami and the gang in this episode but still awesome nonetheless. Really enjoyed it!
Mar 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
IheartC2 said:
cant wait for Itami to rescue the princess
THis series is a automatic 10/10 AOTS

Agreed! This has been a really great example on how to make a great second season.
Mar 18, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
That was really well animated.

Not much happened though, at least nothing truly new. Just an action episode (which doesn't hurt once in a while).

Now we only got one episode left, during which I expect to see Itami Rambo-kun princess-carry princess Pina. Still, there's just no way they can wrap this up properly in one episode, with all the open ended character stories and relations.

Above: another example of princess-carrying.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 18, 2016 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
Have to hand it for Tyuule...for being a Woman that is HELLBENT for Empire's destruction and Revenge, she is quite Good Manipulator....It will be until Season 3 we see her dead for sure...unless Animators change things for ending this in next episode.

I think she survives until end of the Civil war...Haven't read the novels tough...and manga is not that far yet.

ichii_1 said:
HYPE episode, that military slaughter was beautiful :'(

How are they gonna die exactly?
If they surround the jsdf fast enough it might work.

Just got somewhat worried tough...did Empire or Assassin Piper actually plan something at advance...JSDF just won...why is Itami Worried...
JarjaxleMar 18, 2016 2:57 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 18, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
they glorified the hell out of the SDF in this episode lol
Mar 18, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
Well, it was obvious that Zorzal's forces will not have a single change against the JSDF. The rape the poor plebs have getting this episode was brutal.

Zorzal is also a fucking moron, he didn't even notice that Tyule is manipulating him to provoke his destruction xD His stupidity makes him funny, though.

I hope Itami saves Piña next episode, seeing her cry like that was sad :(
Mar 18, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2014
Thank Buddha it wasn't an arrow to the knee

Mar 18, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2015
I'm sure Zorzal shit his pants. They had what was coming. So good. So hilarious that he's asking Tyuule for advice. That guy is a joke, lmao. Awesome episode. Loved the action. Hopefully they'll save Pina. Really sucks that next episode is the last episode, as I really enjoyed this series.

Mar 18, 2016 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
Quite the slaughter, as expected, but I guess saving Pina will have to wait until next week's finale afterall.
Mar 18, 2016 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
You can read this all over her face....

Definitively like to see some things happen with these two....
Mar 18, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
That last scene gave me the wrong idea for a moment. Considering what the prince did to that Japanese prisoner at the start of the season I thought the Prince wasn't above having someone do that to her. Glad I was wrong.

Me too I'm glad it wasn't what I thought either at least she'll be rescued by Itami and his squad
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.