Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
Easily one of the best anime this season, not the funniest. I would give it an 8 but I'll give it a 9 instead. Can't wait for season 2
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 17, 2016 6:19 AM

May 2013
Bye bye one of the most enjoyable anime in this season
Mar 17, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
That was a great episode.
And I'm so happy second season has already been confirmed!

Anyway, KonoSuba was fun. I didn't expect it to be so good. It's 8/10 for me.
It would be 9/10, if the visual aspects were better. Comedy was funny and characters were lovely, and it makes up for the not so good graphics (but the special effects of their spells look nice, though).
I can't wait for the next season.
I like pancakes.
Mar 17, 2016 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
fatalystic said:
Reload said:
I guess I'll be the 1st to nit pick...or did someone beet me to the punch? I don't know how teleportation magic works, but I'm sure Kazuma could have told Wiz to teleport it somewhere in the direction of where the Destroyer came from. It would have greatly deceased the chances of effecting any populated areas since the Destroyer likely already destroyed it.

The implication was that it would take too long to determine and fix a coordinate for the teleportation, and that a random teleport would be much, much faster. And they didn't exactly have the luxury of time.

I wish they'd just teleported it inside the demon king's castle, but I guess that'd be too easy huh?

1. Actual Teleport can only be used to somewhere Wiz mark.
If you played Elder Scrolls, there are two spell called Mark and Recall. It's similar to that.
She only marked teleport on big cities.

2. Wiz will not teleport it to the Demon King. She want to stay neutral on the whole Human vs Demon King.

3. That leave her with a random teleport.

Edit: forgot spoiler
Everything else are explained in the LN so it's not spoiler.
fateoffateMar 17, 2016 6:54 AM
Mar 17, 2016 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
Well this was to be last episode of season but I wanted Kazuma to play a strong role as well rather than just ordering everyone around
Mar 17, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
yasssssss season 2 confirmed!

EXPLOSION / 10

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 17, 2016 9:09 AM
Feb 2016
This is the final chapter of the first season. I think it's a normal anime: It's funny, but it hasn't got a very interesting plot. But even if it's so simple, I have enjoyed it
Triscaidecáfilo
www.triscaidecafilo.es
Mar 17, 2016 9:33 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
YES, Season 2 announced!

There's also an OVA coming this year in case people forget.

Yay! This was one of the best anime this season.

The animation this episode was very nice. The one who created the Mobile Fortress would have fit in with well with Kazuma's group of weirdos.

Thankfully there is a second season.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 17, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
"Yes, I'm Kazuma" xD never fails
Mar 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Oct 2015
This is definitely my best episode since I started watching the show, I laughed so hard as Kazuma tried and failed to avoid being a cliche.
Mar 17, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
"would you let me suck it out?"
Yes
LOL xD I love how self aware he is
Mar 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
Excellent episode. My favorite part was when Aqua read the diary.

And the fact that a 2nd season is coming made my day :D
Mar 17, 2016 12:40 PM

May 2013
Im still gathering my thoughts after seeing that it only had 10 eps.. I was sure ive added it to my watching list but apparently didnt and not even checked how many eps it will be.... I was expecting 12-13 eps ,_,

I hope next season will be at least 12 eps (pls 24+) amazing series cant wait for season 2
Mar 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
A great end, to a great anime. Hilarious episode as usual. I think I'm starting to fall in love with Megumin. Up until this episode I couldn't decide who was my favourite as I liked them all equally but Megumin won me over after this episode <3

So glad to see it's getting a season 2. Sadly, I don't think I can hold back on reading the light novel any longer. I need that Megumin greatness!

10/10 AOTS
Mar 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 2016
Is the destroyer like wild wild west?
Mar 17, 2016 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
well lol this drama was a huge giant troll
Mar 17, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
Most enjoyable series for me this season. All the derp faces and moments. All the sharp humor. An awesome likable cast of characters. Wasn't expecting a good adaptation like many, but it was great thanks to the VA delivery. Hell the animation itself became charming for whatever reason by the 3rd episode or so even if I still consider it bad.
DGemuMar 17, 2016 2:41 PM
Mar 17, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
okay anime and not really expecting much from 2nd season than the same as 1st season. Only if it became a plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
I was happy to see the return of Chris.

It was also nice to see Megumin get her shining moment--although it's odd that Wiz shared in it, given that we haven't had nearly as much time to get to know Wiz.
Mar 17, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
TheVulpix said:
I was happy to see the return of Chris.

It was also nice to see Megumin get her shining moment--although it's odd that Wiz shared in it, given that we haven't had nearly as much time to get to know Wiz.

They skip the WiZ Arch try Ln
Mar 17, 2016 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
Really enjoyed this show, a lot more than I expected lol.

Very excited about a season 2 :)

8/10
Mar 17, 2016 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
not much needs to be said this show was funny as hell from start to finished and all the characters were fun to watch.

Season 2 Lets fucking go!!
Mar 17, 2016 7:09 PM

Oct 2010
desertkona said:

They skip the WiZ Arch try Ln

I'm not really reading light novels at the moment (I feel like I'm wasting enough time just by watching anime), so I have to judge the anime by its own merits; and the show itself didn't develope this character well enough to warrant her role in the finale.

That said, it's a minor nitpick in overall good show.
TheVulpixAug 28, 2016 2:54 PM
Mar 17, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2015
Darkness! Ai Kayano you are a goddess <3

What a way to end this season!

ma2ha3 said:
Is the destroyer like wild wild west?

That was the first thing on my mind when I saw it too lol

Mar 17, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2016
Is that it? The ending just like that???
Mar 17, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
Funniest show of the season. All the characters were great and unique. I especially loved Kazuma's snark and all his "are you serious?" faces.

Here's looking forward to Season 2!
Mar 17, 2016 10:04 PM
Mar 2016
Hot damn! Season 2! Please don't get cancelled!

I love that Aqua was twice useful.

I wonder why Aqua isn't torturing Kaz with all that power. Maybe she'll get a terrible sentence if she did too much harm to him. LOL w/e.

Don't mind if S2 doesn't come out in a long while as long as it doesn't get cancelled.
Mar 17, 2016 11:31 PM
Feb 2011
6/10 A pretty avg anime. Most characters were pretty annoying and it was predictable.
Mar 18, 2016 12:00 AM

Sep 2015
Every time I heard "Destroyer" prior to this, I would think of Howl's Moving Castle for some reason. Wasn't it shown in an earlier episode?

I would have thought to have Aqua perform Sacred Create Water to counteract the overheating. After all, why would you destroy a hot object with more heat?

Looking forward to the second season. This can't be complete without it.
Mar 18, 2016 1:59 AM

Sep 2015
This Episode was better than I thought it would be all the characters are enjoyable. This episode 7/5 this season 9/10 If the animation was better in other episodes it easily would have been a 10/10. CANNOT W8 for Season two I am SO EXCITED!!!!!
QcK_Dagger_HeaTDec 26, 2016 9:24 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 18, 2016 2:30 AM

Sep 2015
Great season, great show. I am hyped for the seccond season!
9/10
たった1秒だって俯かない
Mar 18, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
So Darkness is a rich girl!!! Aqua is always fun!
Anyway, it was very fun to watch, for me, it didn't went much in the harem route, and it was damn good, the only episode that was not my taste was the succubus one.
I might watch the 2nd season if it keeps going to this route where the girls are not dying for MC.
7/10
Mar 18, 2016 3:24 AM

Oct 2015
360AttAck said:
Is that it? The ending just like that???

Yes. Is that. If there are not second season announcement it would be major cliffhanger .
Mar 18, 2016 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed this series, really glad for season 2.

Best part of the ep was probably Kazuma's instant response to Wiz asking if she could suck and the "No. Thank you!".
Mar 18, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2015
what do you need to have the best party Ever? A reincarnated Neet, an divine yet idiotic goddess, powerful dark yet crazy wizard and a invincible yet perverted knight....

9/10

LOL at the succubus being a reason NOT to die.
#CHEXIT
Mar 18, 2016 4:25 AM
Dec 2013
thank you 2nd season! Rightfully deserved. was one of the best animes of the season imo
Mar 18, 2016 6:05 AM
Aug 2012
Reload said:
I guess I'll be the 1st to nit pick...or did someone beet me to the punch? I don't know how teleportation magic works, but I'm sure Kazuma could have told Wiz to teleport it somewhere in the direction of where the Destroyer came from. It would have greatly deceased the chances of effecting any populated areas since the Destroyer likely already destroyed it. Also, the 1st thought that came to mind when the Destroyer started to overheat was Aqua's water magic. I know you'd get scolding hot water out of it, but since when has destroying something that's overheating been the norm? These plot choices were obviously meant to move the story forward, but at least Kazuma becoming a criminal could have been avoided. Well, it just means he won't be stuck in the same town anymore. We'll see if he returns next season unless he's allowed to stay in the town for some reason or other...

In the 'fanfic' Wiz explains that the only places she has a teleportation marker for are either towns/cities or tourist attractions.

Kazuma, felt that odds of it landing in an inhabited area were less than getting on a plane with three bombs.
TropicalwoodMar 18, 2016 6:08 AM
Mar 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 2015
This is the last ep, I didn't know.
LALATINA. HAHAHA NO STOPPING THE TRAIN!!!
The destroyer is just a fucking spider. (i dont like spiders)
THIS TIME AQUA'S POLE COMES FROM THE SKY.
AQUA THE FAIRY TAIL MADOUSHI!!!
BREAK SPELL IS OP
I honestly think Aqua can 1 shot Kaido of the 100 beasts.
DOUBLE FAIRY TAIL MADOUSHI!!!
Explosion on point.
Electrode is about to use self destruction. RUN.
At least he got the spider to work even if they country fell
Not enough magic, has a request for Kazuma. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Indeed "With pleasure" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What? Where the kiss at?
He has good luck and she blushes. And thus Kazuma has added another grill in his harem. And this time a very sexy and nice grill.
qt Megumin.
Dat EXPROSHON was OP
It was a good anime probably going to give this a 7.5/10
Looking forward to the 2nd season!
P.S I actually started writing this comment in the morning but fell asleep and completed writing it now lol (it's night)
Mar 18, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
This was really a good ending to a very enjoyable series. I was a bit afraid, they were going to add some drama and tension in the last episode but I'm glad it retained the joke-heavy and light heated atmosphere.
I'll give it a 7/10. It took some time to get it going and I wasn't a big fan of the succubi episode, but overall, once the whole party was assembled, it was pretty funny.
Glad to see that another season is being produced won't mind mind seeing more episodes of it.
Mar 18, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
I'm very happy to have enjoyed this anime "live".
Seeing how it had only 10 episodes it's safe to say the roducers expected nothing...what they got was an EXPLOSION in sales. Must feel awesome to land such a sleeper hit.
I'm especially happy for Rie Takahashi, voicing Megumin may be her star making role leading her to more high profile roles.
Mar 18, 2016 1:02 PM

Sep 2015
kurikinton said:
ugh it ended without her appearing
I think she is going to appear in the second season as the megumin's mother... or maybe she will appear on the OVA. Just, plis, don't do like in the Madan no Ou to Vanadis' s opening XD "The girl who never appeared" XDDDD
Mar 18, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2011
Mar 18, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2010
It's nice that there will be second season but knowing that it's last episode I thought that there will be an actual ending with that core teleporting inside the Demon lord's castle and GG.

That would be an actual and absolute ending to a series that would be hilarious. :)
Mar 18, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
YES! Second season confirmed.

Aqua gave Goku a run for his money. I was expecting Kazuma to do something far bolder than grab her by the neck like a bunny though, when he was about to use Drain Touch.

Lol, I just knew they're going to go with a nuke.

ichii_1 said:
Except for that horrible sexist anti feminist thing aimed at Aqua this was great 9/10

Wait, wut?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 18, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
So there is only 10 episodes...and the leave it at this part too.
Anway, I don't like the next part because of those noble shit.
I like Megumin's explosion a lot, it's so flashy.
7/10
Mar 18, 2016 5:55 PM
Mar 2014
They left out quite a lot from the old man diary, tho the edited one got the point across but the full one is hilarious.
Overall 9/10. As a LN reader I'm quite satisfied. Animation quality a bit low at times but overall it actually fit the show well.
full version of old man speech:
“—O month X day. The higher ups of the country gave me a tough problem, asking me to create a mobile weapon. Impossible. They wouldn’t listen to my protests, and ignored my apologies and requests. I wanted to resign, but they wouldn’t accept my resignation letter. I pretend to be retarded, streaking around in my underwear. But the female researchers simply asked me to take off my underwear too. This nation is going to be over.”

… Everyone rested their gaze on the remains.

“—O month X day. The deadline for the design is today. What should I do? I couldn’t just submit a blank paper. Why did I started drinking out of desperation and spend all the funds away? As I was feeling frustrated staring at the blank design plans, a spider which I hated the most showed up on the paper. I shrilled and picked something up to smash it. The spider is now stained onto the design paper… The economy is bad, and high quality paper like this is expensive, I won’t have money to compensate for it. Screw it, I will just submit this.”

… Ugh. The atmosphere was turning awkward as Aqua continued reading:

“—O month X day. That design was unexpectedly well liked. I don’t dare to say to them ‘that was the goo that spurt out when I squashed a spider, why are you touching it’. And is it really fine for the project to carry on like this? What should I do? The only thing I did was kill a spider, and they made me the director. Yahoo!”

… I was suspecting that Aqua was making up the content, but Aqua was reading it with a serious expression.

“—O month X day. I didn’t do anything and the weapon was still taking shape. I am not needed at all right? Whatever, just do what you want, I just want to live my life leisurely… When they came to ask me about the power source, I couldn’t be bothered. I said from the start that it was impossible, if you want a power source then get that super rare legendary ore rumoured to be able to burn for eternity— the Coronatite. I rebuked them. That felt great! Bring it to me if you can.”

……

“—O month X day. They really brought it to me. What should I do? They actually did it. They are even placing it in the power reactor, what should I do? What the hell should I do? I only said it because I thought it was impossible, and they actually did it. What if it doesn’t move? What would happen to me? Death penalty? If it doesn’t move I will be sentenced to death? You have to move, please.”

Maybe our gazes were making her uncomfortable…

“—O month X day. They said the activation test would be tomorrow, but to be honest, I didn’t do anything. The only thing I did was squash a spider. This should be the last day I can sit on this chair so leisurely… I start feeling mad when I think about it. Forget it, I will just drink. This is my last supper, so I won’t hold back! There wasn’t anyone left in the machine today, so it won’t matter how much I drink or how drunk I get. I will start drinking from the most expensive wine!”

As Aqua read, she felt a bit scared of the way we were staring at her.

“—O month X day. When I woke up, I felt a strong tremor. What is happening? How much did I drink? I don’t remember anything. No, I don’t remember anything about yesterday at all. The only parts I remember was heading to the central zone and lecturing the Coronatite. No, wait. After that, I said I wanted to test its courage and flicked the lighted cigarette onto the ore…”

As she read, Aqua didn’t dare to look our way any longer.

“—O month X day. I finally realized what was happening, I am doomed. The mobile weapon is running amok right now. What should I do? They would definitely think it was my doing, so I am probably a wanted criminal right now. They wouldn’t forgive me even if I cried and begged for their forgiveness… How irritating… They would probably destroy the mobile weapon, drag me out and execute me. Damn king and the officials, and that female researcher who smirked after taking off my underwear, they are all scum! It’s fine for such a country to fall. Enough, I will just drink and sleep. Fortunately, the food and wine are plentiful, I will think about this after I wake up.”

Towards the end, the sound of someone clenching their fists tight and muscle tightening could be heard.

“—O month X day. The nation has fallen. Oh no, it has fallen, it is really gone! The citizens and high officials had all fled. But I destroyed my home country. Oh no, this feels great! I am satisfied, I have no regrets. Alright, I have decided. I will live out the rest of my life in this machine, I can’t alight or stop it anyway. The one who made this thing must be retarded… Wrong! The one in charge of creating this thing was me!”

Reading the final entry, Aqua said with a troubled expression:

“… That’s, that’s all.”
Mar 18, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
Laionidas said:

ichii_1 said:
Except for that horrible sexist anti feminist thing aimed at Aqua this was great 9/10

Wait, wut?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1476087
Mar 18, 2016 7:59 PM

Oct 2012
Heh, there is simply no such thing as too much of Ex-plosion :D Such funny episode again. Character dynamics of this show was just brilliant!

http://megum.in/index.php?xd=1

(well, only Wiz felt kinda undeveloped and didn't work. I see her inclusion only as afterthought - I take it they removed her arc completely? OVA pls?)

And I like her part this time but did Darkness do nothing in the end? (I guess there is only so much stuff you can put into one episode) (she is still my favourite character though)

Really enjoyed this series and can't wait for its sequel 7/10

Juanikus said:
kurikinton said:
I think she is going to appear in the second season as the megumin's mother... or maybe she will appear on the OVA. Just, plis, don't do like in the Madan no Ou to Vanadis' s opening XD "The girl who never appeared" XDDDD

Oh, it seems OVA will be about her: 24.6.:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4041039533/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=247&creative=7399&creativeASIN=4041039533&linkCode=as2&tag=commucom-22

(she is voiced by Toyosaki Aki)
Mich666Mar 18, 2016 8:44 PM
Mar 18, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
I'm happy with the episode but I'm even happier that they announced a season 2! Definitely deserved one.
Mar 18, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2016
Juanikus said:
kurikinton said:
wait thats not megumin's mother and also we still don't know if the 2nd season will adapt to that part or not since season 1 only adapt until vol 2,we can say that maybe they will adapt until vol4.
also it seems she will appear in the ova which seems to be an original story from the LN novel.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

16 by Normie_X-2 »»
Yesterday, 10:05 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

225 by 0451 »»
Apr 3, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2016

196 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 1, 12:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.